rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Rocket, when I spawn these days. Several items from my backpack will just disappear for no good reason.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, could it be fixed? Its somehow quite crippling for a solo survivor like me.

Cant wait! Massive respect for so much work done in so little time! Awesome man!

1.7.1.5 has been awesome' date=' finally got a good few hours on it tonight, loved it!

One problem I encountered was a sound issue, I kept losing sound, or it was going down to 10% Although in the options audio was fine, along with my own audio settings. Wondered if it's a issue with the mod or just myself, if anyone else has encountered this problem?

Will look into it this weekend.

Keep up the great work dude.

[/quote']

Yeah i hat the same problem with the lost of sound for a couple of minutes. Then it went back.

Please Rocket, consider the respawn timer for Z´s. It´s way too fast right now. And it´s also damn difficult to find a weapon right now. I went straight north to the airfield to at least find my first weapon. On my way i searched barns, houses, 2 supermarkets !!! Not one weapon around there !!

I've really enjoyed 1.7.1.5

Hoping for solid improvements form here.

P.S. Got ganked by the 'zombies hearing through objects' thing. so glad that's going away.

Damn i love the whole throw mechanic, especially when being a target and i go into hiding, HOWEVER: This morning i happend to toss a empty can into a wall... Had same visual and audio effect a standing close to grenade. Gonna see later if i can reproduce it.

Happy midsummer ya'll

Rocket' date=' please revert so we can have a gun at spawn. Even if it has only 1 clip of ammo, it will make all of the difference.

Thank you.

[/quote']

Noooooot happening, sorry.

Dont think Rocket is going to revert a decision that most of the populace of the mod supports.

The amount of updates is awesome. But could you possibly just a like a 50 or 100 meter bubble around players that prevents zombies from spawning. I can see them spawn 300 meters away which is great that way when I come up to a town I can scout it out from a distance. But if I kill a bunch of zombies its incredibly unrealistic for them to spawn 20 meters away in x amount of time. Let them spawn a ways away that way when you cleared out an area and one stumbles upon you it feels more realistic. You can say to yourself damn I should've seen that zed coming. Not damn these spawn rates.

I haven't finished reading the thread yet, but I second (3rd, 4th?) this!

I am noticing this happening more and more. Just earlier today, i looked to my right, heard some zombies and looked back to the left and there were two newly spawned zombies 10 feet to my left. It really breaks the immersion.

While I'm at it, being seen by a zombie on the other side of a wall and having him run through the wall to attack me like the wall was no more of an obstacle than a piece of paper is quite annoying. Could that be in the next update?

Anyhow, amazing work Rocket! Can't wait to play some more DayZ this weekend!

~ sakke

Rocket' date=' please revert so we can have a gun at spawn. Even if it has only 1 clip of ammo, it will make all of the difference.

Thank you.

[/quote']

Noooooot happening, sorry.

Dont think Rocket is going to revert a decision that most of the populace of the mod supports.

Agreed, I much prefer starting without one, adds to the experience and teaches you have to be stealthy.

I lost my Good character last night due to the endless zombies insta spawning all over the place... sigh.

But anyways, I started a new one today, only played for about 15 minutes and found a makarov with 5 mags and a revolver with 3 boxes of ammo.

Its totally doable to get armed quickly so long as you know where to look and be careful. I was playing on veteran with no third person cams as well.

So a vote to keep the starting loot as is and Again, please Rocket, sort out the zombie spawns.

Hi team,

whats about Z respawning too fast in tawns?

i know theres no way you reading this but

PLEASE REMOVE UNNECESSARILY RPG HAND ANIMATION WHEN CHANGING FROM PRONE TO CRAWL. THANK YOU

Rocket,

Thank you very much for the latest update and keep up the great work! You are a MACHINE!

I would like to ask you whether you could release another tiny hot-fix for the weekend (because most working people like myself really only have time on weekends to play seriously) which would fix the apparent total lack of morphine in the game.

My friend and I are currently playing and our ENTIRE time for the last two nights has been spent trying to find even one morphine. My friend with a broken leg has by now CRAWLED all the way from the NW airfield to two cities containing stores and still hasn't found a single morphine. Even after multiple reconnects and after walking away and coming back to the stores multiple times he had no luck (plenty of wrist watches though).

I have also searched multiple buildings and churches in vain. In fact I died yesterday because of that, with a broken leg.

The game is otherwise quite fun to play (zombies' hearing being a small exception) but the complete lack of morphine is taking all of our time instead of us enjoying the game. It is an absolutely crucial element required to survive, and it's missing.

I am looking towards the weekend with anticipation and would really appreciate this tiny fix before Saturday, for everyone's benefit as well as my own.

Thank you in advance.

Two things I like so far:

- the new zombie awareness is cool, just about right I'd say

- the lower food/water spawn is pretty nice too, gives more of a "survival" feel

The one I don't like:

- the last three deaths I suffered were caused by one zombie apparently hitting me with a boulder, breaking my legs, dropping my blood way down by a few K and bleeding me out till I died. All in one shot from 12.000 blood.

Imo it happens too often and the whole RNG thing about it bothers me. Perhaps you should overall increase zombie damage and put this breaking bones thing off the RNG.

Rocket' date='

Thank you very much for the latest update and keep up the great work! You are a MACHINE!

I would like to ask you whether you could release another tiny hot-fix for the weekend (because most working people like myself really only have time on weekends to play seriously) which would fix the apparent total lack of morphine in the game.

My friend and I are currently playing and our ENTIRE time for the last two nights has been spent trying to find even one morphine. My friend with a broken leg has by now CRAWLED all the way from the NW airfield to two cities containing stores and still hasn't found a single morphine. Even after multiple reconnects and after walking away and coming back to the stores multiple times he had no luck (plenty of wrist watches though).

I have also searched multiple buildings and churches in vain. In fact I died yesterday because of that, with a broken leg.

The game is otherwise quite fun to play (zombies' hearing being a small exception) but the complete lack of morphine is taking all of our time instead of us enjoying the game. It is an absolutely crucial element required to survive, and it's missing.

I am looking towards the weekend with anticipation and would really appreciate this tiny fix before Saturday, for everyone's benefit as well as my own.

Thank you in advance.

[/quote']

Yes I can vouch for the lack of morphine as well, it is very difficult to find and with the apparent odds of broken legs very high with zombie encounters, it needs to be increased.

Or we need a leg splint option added in, using firewood ect. to produce, this would make you walk slowly but atleast could stand up until you can find supplies to "heal" the break.

Looking forward to this patch!

Can't wait to test this out.

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

Hadn't had a chance to notice yet, spent my time toying with zombies mostly.

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)

Have not experienced this, but I bet a lot of other players are gonna be happy. A lot of players would probably rather have a fix for the debug forest earlier rather than wait until Monday to be able to play again.

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)

These 3 should be awesome I love better FPS and performance overall, I mean who dosn't, I have had a few bad instances that seemed to stop after about a 15 minute period.

* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)

* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

?

* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)

Thanks for all the work Dev Team.

Wouldn't it be possible to place more medical camps around the map, like the one in Cherno? Or the military camp near Balota. Make them more common and spread out and spawn Medical Supplies there. It is very time consuming to travel to a hospital for your medical supplies but it makes sense. So make more hospitals! In the infection scenario it would be appropriate to have "quarantine camps" or whatever spread about.

Also, I definitely think the concept of More Gear Makes More Sound should at least be tested out. Different playstyles will keep this mod interesting and that one could change a lot.

Or we need a leg splint option added in' date=' using firewood ect. to produce, this would make you walk slowly but atleast could stand up until you can find supplies to "heal" the break.

[/quote']

I like this. Maybe some way to fix your leg temporarily but after a while it will "break" again. So you need to seek out some way to fix it for good, or it will happen in a bad time sooner or later. :)

Wouldn't it be possible to place more medical camps around the map' date=' like the one in Cherno? Or the military camp near Balota. Make them more common and spread out and spawn Medical Supplies there. It is very time consuming to travel to a hospital for your medical supplies but it makes sense. So make more hospitals! In the infection scenario it would be appropriate to have "quarantine camps" or whatever spread about.

Also, I definitely think the concept of More Gear Makes More Sound should at least be tested out. Different playstyles will keep this mod interesting and that one could change a lot.

I like this. Maybe some way to fix your leg temporarily but after a while it will "break" again. So you need to seek out some way to fix it for good, or it will happen in a bad time sooner or later. :)

[/quote']

Yes I agree with all of this, I was also thinking perhaps that you would maybe just need firewood and painkillers to walk again. With a splint you would still have pain, but painkillers are easier to come by than morphine.

As for the Quarentine camps and extra noise with the more weight in gear that you have, hell yes, just so long as the noise levels are not over done. It shouldn't be ridiculous, just a slight disadvantage to players who are stocked up like a bunker.

NOOOOOOOO, NO MOAR AMMO REFILLZ,

lol jk, :D make it more realistic is cool with me, gonna be miss the days of this little glitch :/

Would it be possible for you to increase the spawn rate of Antibiotics? I was hit by a zed now all is cough and my bloods at 6k!! =(( Ive even tried server hopping' date=' something I Never do, and no Antibiotics ever spawned!! Thanks!!

Keep up the great work!!

[/quote']

+1, this is now the second time i run around actually just wanting to kill myself but finding it annyoing that i have to. The game is unplayable if you get an infection and it happens instantly.

I got down to 4k blood and patched right back up with bandage and transfusion within 30 seconds but i still got the infection, well okay lets say thats fine...

THEN I go to berezino = no antibiotics, oh well shit happens, I go to cherno hospitals, still not a single antibiotic.

I server hop abit at cherno hospitals, still nothing.. then i check elektro while my friend now at the same time checks berezino to see if it spawned some while i had gone to the cherno + elektro, still not a single fuck was given about my health by the hospitals.

Seeing as this is a pretty instant thing to catch and such a tough thing to walk around with it should not be so hard to fix if you actually have the patience and determination to go use 6 hours to get one piece of not that epic loot.

PLEASE, fix antibiotics, remove infections/colds or make it so you can lose it over time or by using heatbags.

Love this game, 8-12 hours a day atm.

I agree with the others saying that the zombie respawn timer is a bit too fast. It's more of an immersion thing than a difficulty thing.

As mentioned before tent placement is still problematic. Yesterday I had a fun one. I place my tent under some trees, I thought sweet it placed. Seems even though I set up the tent I was unable to access it, most likely because of the tree's getting in the way. I still had a clear sight to the tent so it's bit odd.

Other than that my friend still had the tent dupe thing after patch 1.7.1.5 so that still needs some attention I fear.

yesterday i got 2 bones broken and bleeding just from crawl down stairs... healed up and stay @ 4k blood.

than i croach to the hospital(elektro) shoot those damn doors(lucky no zombies:]) check the stuff heal my bones logged "out" and "in" and my char was gone... no stuff no weapons only a new charakter on the coast -.-"

PLease tweak this easy leg broke thing and the spawns...

Most Players here are right... if i stay on building while fleeing from a horde´s and i shoot (+/- 20Zed) i cant kill half of them and the respawn runs on me -.- totaly not realistic. Giver players some other option to flee from Z without have to relog(hate this) or run like hell the half map off :(

wath about trow some junk make noise so zeds go out of building and dont stand there the whole time?!'''''?!"

THX for your Work keep going Mate;D

sry for my horrible english.

Would it be possible for you to increase the spawn rate of Antibiotics? I was hit by a zed now all is cough and my bloods at 6k!! =(( Ive even tried server hopping' date=' something I Never do, and no Antibiotics ever spawned!! Thanks!!

Keep up the great work!!

[/quote']

+1, this is now the second time i run around actually just wanting to kill myself but finding it annyoing that i have to. The game is unplayable if you get an infection and it happens instantly.

I got down to 4k blood and patched right back up with bandage and transfusion within 30 seconds but i still got the infection, well okay lets say thats fine...

THEN I go to berezino = no antibiotics, oh well shit happens, I go to cherno hospitals, still not a single antibiotic.

I server hop abit at cherno hospitals, still nothing.. then i check elektro while my friend now at the same time checks berezino to see if it spawned some while i had gone to the cherno + elektro, still not a single fuck was given about my health by the hospitals.

Seeing as this is a pretty instant thing to catch and such a tough thing to walk around with it should not be so hard to fix if you actually have the patience and determination to go use 6 hours to get one piece of not that epic loot.

PLEASE, fix antibiotics, remove infections/colds or make it so you can lose it over time or by using heatbags.

Love this game, 8-12 hours a day atm.

I ALWAYS find Antibiotics if I break the glass of a hospital and go inside. Am I just lucky? :)

Since I have yet to have an infection in game and feeling oh so generous today; what server are you on. You can have mine.

Since 1.7.1.5

+ perfect drop of food,medics,guns,ammo in apropriate places. (never found antibiotic)

+ bags became rare.

+ zed's senses are lowered, i could investigate several villages without any shots.

- i didnt find any tents, even badit's camp with lots of tents was somehow totaly erased.

- selfrepairing cars? Maybe it is good cos repair parts became rare.

- girl unable to wear sniper camo suits. girls always want new dress

- too many watches around, the rest survival shit is hard to get.

- we need vhiecle option to flip or restabilize a transport. it's annoying to wait for restart.

- zeds should stay long after spawn, even a player has gone away(or DCed) several minutes ago and they should be spawned in 600 meters before a player to exclude hunting at players.

I want to broke zed's bones with every shot at them!!

Very nice!

Rocket, fix flashlight, plz, if u can. Reduce lightpower over 60%.

I agree the zombie respawning is much too aggressive. I'd like a five or so minute timer. Alternatively, make it so that the more % of zombies in an area are killed, the longer it takes them to respawn. So, kill one zombie, it respawns in a about a minute. Kill all of them it might take as long as ten minutes for them to start respawning, but not all at once please. Yes, a ten minute respite is a nice reward for clearing an area.