backdoornobaby

DayZ Standalone Server Hosting

Rocket will lose. And in this case I hope he will, right now people that rent servers are just people that pay more for nothing at all. If they can't access the public hive, these people will just make one for themselves and use that across the servers that don't follow the rules. Rightly so in my opinion. 

There's literally no benefit from renting a server if you're supposed to follow rules. If they don't want you on their server they should absolutely be allowed to kick you from it, that's why they pay money to have one after all. To control it.

Just because I'm new on the forum doesn't mean I'm retarded, and/or don't know anything about dayZ. (people tend to think think)

I have read the forum thread, and a couple like it, and i can't help but get the feeling, yes some admins abuse stuff, but for 80$ (avarage you guys say) they should get to do what the hell they want, within a certain limit of course. Like if you rent a server from a major host and pay, enough money to buy several single player games, just to play on a server i 'own' if i wanted to i think you should be able to make it a rule of PVE only.  Not as someone has mentioned earlier, if you dis me you get kicked, or restart server for loot, but to a certain point, for minor rules. If you dont like a minor rule added here or there, go play on another server, simple.

Later that hopefully wont be an issue, because people will put on their big boy pants and say, Hmmm i don't like not being able to murder everyone i see, I think i shall change servers. Or I'm tired of being killed again and again, I'm not going to get enraged, and say people hack (yes i know not much if anything abou hacking in this thread) because again and again you walk through electro or cherno going into the most popular spots, in broad daylight. But instead i shall go join the (insert server name here) that i heard about not having any PVP and being noob friendly.

Yes yes i could have edited it more if i wanted give it less seams, and what not but i added capitals, commas, and periods (wait for the jokes) and i feel its just fine.

Edited by landon9560
  • Like 1

Rocket will lose. And in this case I hope he will, right now people that rent servers are just people that pay more for nothing at all. If they can't access the public hive, these people will just make one for themselves and use that across the servers that don't follow the rules. Rightly so in my opinion. 

There's literally no benefit from renting a server if you're supposed to follow rules. If they don't want you on their server they should absolutely be allowed to kick you from it, that's why they pay money to have one after all. To control it.

Simply wait for the private server to come out, then admins have more freedom.

But while being connected to the public Hive, that the owners of the game provided, you have to follow the rules

or lose that connection. One important fact in that statement, No Hive, No server its as simple as that.!

Edit: Rocket will not lose as he didn't with the mod version and we all had to follow the same rules.

Edited by SaintMerc

Simply wait for the private server to come out, then admins have more freedom.

But while being connected to the public Hive, that the owners of the game provided, you have to follow the rules

or lose that connection. One important fact in that statement, No Hive, No server its as simple as that.!

Edit: Rocket will not lose as he didn't with the mod version and we all had to follow the same rules.

Are you sure about dedicated servers in the future? I'm afraid that this situation is going to be as Battlefield 3-4 server hosting. 

Edited by AntichniPovar

I'm not in the position to tell you that they will be allowing Private dedicated servers.

Maybe someone else can answer that.

But they are currently allowing Public dedicated servers providing your server is hosted

at one of the companies allowed to host them. with no RPD access and you follow the rules.

Edited by SaintMerc

They're all oversold POS.

Is their an Option to host your own yet i do own the hardware ?

Hello DayZ Community, Community Support and also Server Hoster,

I really have huge Issues about your Rules... They sucks from the beginning to end. Why? I can tell you, I test DayZ day in and day out in my spare time and also I do that together with players from the yooutube network I am in and I sponsored a server that I pay for hard cash that I need to work for!

So why does the community don't get the right to password protect them if they don't want players on it that are not part of the network. I mean to be honest I pay for the Server and you set the rules? That makes no sense! I can understand peps that want to play! But not on my Server if they are not a part of the network.

So please remove this rule soon or ad a reserved slot function.

So please be so kind and give networks the possibility to pw their servers and also to remove it if they want to do open play sessions and recording. Ah and blocking a Server that is acting against your rules for a server that you don't pay for will come funny if you try to go in higher instances ;).

Sorry for this but I wanted to say it. You can troll flame or hate me and trust me I don't care about it.

Best Regards

Deserte

Edited by Deserte

I go in a bakery buy a cake and then I get told that I need to share it with others! No way, not for the money we need to pay for a server, even if it needs a whole bunch of resources... (vm)

Nice comparison, but from what I've being reading you are currently renting a server and agreed to the terms that come with that, so I think you would buy the cake and share it with others but then create a post afterwards to complain about how you had to share the cake.

If you don't like the rules, do not rent a server at this time. And make your own private server when the time comes out. No one is forceing you to play the game at this point. 

All these people that complain, you bought the game and ignored warnings, you rent a server and ignore warnings yet you think you have the right to complain..

Hey,

Then those essential informations should be written directly on the order page and not hiden somewhere ;). Or via mail after the server was setup or advertising for privat and public server etc.

the comparison was not the best, but I was about to change it it makes no sense :).

I will not unrent my server because of one point the pw protection, but I hope this is changing sooner or later :)

I dont know how people can rent a dayz server. It is so expensive. We are in crysis! XD

Please, share server files!

Hey,

Then those essential informations should be written directly on the order page and not hiden somewhere ;). Or via mail after the server was setup or advertising for privat and public server etc.

the comparison was not the best, but I was about to change it it makes no sense :).

I will not unrent my server because of one point the pw protection, but I hope this is changing sooner or later :)

I agree that the server rules should also be included on the order forms for servers, so you know what you have to commit to.

You might rent the server but you are not renting the Public Hive which the server needs for the server to run.

Which is controlled by Rockets team.

Private server will be available at some point and then you will be able to password it. But not until then.

I dont know how people can rent a dayz server. It is so expensive. We are in crysis! XD

Please, share server files!

If you have a dedicated box at one of the approved SA server hosters you can run a SA server, cheaper than you have to pay for one. ;)

As for server files, they will most likely not be accessible till private servers are allowed. but most likely still not accessible for public hive servers.

I have seen a lot of passworded and "private" servers, also servers which say "you join = kick". I also seen a lot of "clan" servers where admins do whatever they want. Should I report them? Do you guys close these server down or something?

People just dont know how to report a server. The DEVs should work on a ingame reporting. Then the provider can take action. Not every provider wants the best but money and wont take a server down unless someone or more people report it.

People just dont know how to report a server. The DEVs should work on a ingame reporting. Then the provider can take action. Not every provider wants the best but money and wont take a server down unless someone or more people report it.

I was just kicked from a "private" server. I also see a lot of "join=kick" servers right now. Can you please tell me how to report a server and if devs actually punish these servers or reports just stockpile and no action is take for weeks? I can also record a Video in 720p as evidence.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Can you please tell me how to report a server

Let me Google that for you

If people are posting on these forums complaining about Admin abuse, etc. then they should know how to report a server.  I signed up a couple days ago when I bought the game and the very first post I read was how to report servers for not following the rules.

Edited by xxShark
  • Like 1

Hmmm interesting how some people think that thier money gives them power to do anything......

1. There will always be rules in place simply because none of us own the game we are playing, nor do you own the server....youre RENTING. :o

2. Game companies want people to buy the game, cause it's about money and they need money to keep giving us games in future :huh:

E.g: Do you think that beacuse you own a house that you are allowed to do as you please..... no there are rules and it's called "LAW" if you break the law you end up in prison or worse. Thats still not where it ends just because you own the house and land does not mean that you get water for free.

Conclusion: Rules are there for a reason, if you do not like them then do not spend money on a server..... Also I believe the guys going on about "I paid", "My money" and "I do what i want " are a bunch of kids who have yet to learn that breaking the rules have consequences.

lets see how many flames I get.... B)

• Like 1

When will Dayz release dayzserver files? Anything more than "When we finish private hives"? Do you know any date about it?

Hmmm interesting how some people think that thier money gives them power to do anything......

1. There will always be rules in place simply because none of us own the game we are playing, nor do you own the server....youre RENTING. :o

2. Game companies want people to buy the game, cause it's about money and they need money to keep giving us games in future :huh:

E.g: Do you think that beacuse you own a house that you are allowed to do as you please..... no there are rules and it's called "LAW" if you break the law you end up in prison or worse. Thats still not where it ends just because you own the house and land does not mean that you get water for free.

Conclusion: Rules are there for a reason, if you do not like them then do not spend money on a server..... Also I believe the guys going on about "I paid", "My money" and "I do what i want " are a bunch of kids who have yet to learn that breaking the rules have consequences.

lets see how many flames I get.... B)

Yeah sure, I am renting a server, just like I would rent a car.

But let's see how idiotic and scammy dayz's way of renting is.

You can't kick randoms, you cant password protect, you cant make a private hive/server, you can't do this, and that.

If I rent a car, wouldn't it be upmost retarded that I could get my rented car taken away for kicking random people from my car?

Don't say it's not the same, because it's very close.

DayZ is the only GAME, ONLY, to have these dipshit idiot rules.

Not sure if they thought about it or not.

Yeah sure, I am renting a server, just like I would rent a car.

But let's see how idiotic and scammy dayz's way of renting is.

You can't kick randoms, you cant password protect, you cant make a private hive/server, you can't do this, and that.

If I rent a car, wouldn't it be upmost retarded that I could get my rented car taken away for kicking random people from my car?

Don't say it's not the same, because it's very close.

DayZ is the only GAME, ONLY, to have these dipshit idiot rules.

Not sure if they thought about it or not.

You are renting a server for permission to run THEIR (Dayz's) server files. The server files do not belong to you or the hosting company, they belong to Bohemia. you are connecting to their database, so you have to follow their rules.

Same with any other service. Take Origin for instance.  If you break any of their TOS rules, they can ban your entire origin account, including games you have purchased. If you don't like the rules set by companies, in this case Bohemia's DayZ server files, then I am sure you can find plenty of other games/servers to play/run.  Or go back to running DayZ Mod private hive until Bohemia decides to release the server files for DayZ Standalone... but then again, you will still have to follow certain rules for public hive servers.

• Like 1

Also you are renting the server with the Dayz SA files, be glad it comes with private hive acces.

I want to rent a server, but I live in Vladivostok. What do I do? To rent a server from your partner, whose closest server is located in Moscow (Ping 170+). Maybe you will give the right to put a server in the far East of Russia company gamepolis.ru? Residents of the far East of Russia will be fabulous grateful and I think the residents of Siberia too.
Sorry for my English.e

Edited by NazariN

Why must some of the "asslickers" complain about private servers and that this is an mmo, and if you want to play with friends buy arma bla bla bla.

If you pay for a server and you can't administrate/lock it, it's a scam in my eyes.

I have said it so many times, it would be idiotic if you rented a car, but if you lock it or kick random people out of your car, your rented car could get taken back and no refund.

DayZ is not a 5 man show anymore.

Bohemia is working on it, they earned in the millions.

Idiots talking about "Well private servers is not what it's about, dayz is not for pussy's, n00bs private servers is for lame idiot hahahahah"

To those idiots I say...

If the current way of dayz, is what it's supposed to be.. Why is rocket leaving? Oh wait.. Because It's not how he imagined it.

Idiot bandits killing everyone, server hopping, hacking..

GREAT JOB GUYS! GREAT FREAKING JOB YOU IDIOTS.

Private servers = better communities = chance that dayz will not be shoot on site anymore = what rocket wants.

So for the people who are against private servers, gtfo. Go play World of Warcraft or LoL if you want to play mmo's.

Dayz = not mmo

dayz current server renting = scam/moneygrab

Why must some of the "asslickers" complain about private servers and that this is an mmo, and if you want to play with friends buy arma bla bla bla.

If you pay for a server and you can't administrate/lock it, it's a scam in my eyes.

I have said it so many times, it would be idiotic if you rented a car, but if you lock it or kick random people out of your car, your rented car could get taken back and no refund.

DayZ is not a 5 man show anymore.

Bohemia is working on it, they earned in the millions.

Idiots talking about "Well private servers is not what it's about, dayz is not for pussy's, n00bs private servers is for lame idiot hahahahah"

To those idiots I say...

If the current way of dayz, is what it's supposed to be.. Why is rocket leaving? Oh wait.. Because It's not how he imagined it.

Idiot bandits killing everyone, server hopping, hacking..

GREAT JOB GUYS! GREAT FREAKING JOB YOU IDIOTS.

Private servers = better communities = chance that dayz will not be shoot on site anymore = what rocket wants.

So for the people who are against private servers, gtfo. Go play World of Warcraft or LoL if you want to play mmo's.

Dayz = not mmo

dayz current server renting = scam/moneygrab

I do agree with this.  The private servers seem to be much more fun when they are moderated properly.  

Private Server (Private hive, but still a publicly available server) = Server owner's rules.  

Public Server (Public Hive) = Bohemia's rules.