backdoornobaby

DayZ Standalone Server Hosting

So both Vilayer.com and Gameservers.com are both offering to host servers for DayZ standalone.

Are these official? or should they be private hives? I thought that this wasn't allowed or set up yet?

I thought this was the official word below:

Not available at the moment, they're planned for the future.

I've already been on several servers where the admins are restarting the server constantly simply to recycle loot, and kicking players for killing them. I also have a video recording of two people cheating as well, one of which was working with the admins.

• If they are not official, why are they connected to the public hive? (Nevermind. I guess the database stuff isn't figured out yet - pending a player data wipe when it is?)
  • If they are official, where can we report servers with abusive admins? (I have several interesting videos with admins kicking players for the above reason)
  • Also, if these servers are official, are there any new rules to hosting the server?
  • Like 2

Here is the old rule set for hosting the mod (public) wether we will be enforcing or not in the near future I will have to get back to you.

If you are found breaking the following rules, your server will more than likely be suspended at most server providers and if it's not suspended it will result in the entire ip range being BLACKLISTED by DayZ support staff.

1. Your server must follow the DayZ name convention.

DayZ - Location ID (version/beta buildnr) [difficulty][timezone] dayzmod.com - hosted by Customtext.

2. Your server slots must be 40 slots minimum.

Please also note no server provider is allowed to provide servers below 40 slots. However there is an exception for developing countries or countries where bandwidth is expensive, for those countries minimum slot count is now 30.

3. Your server must not be password protected or locked.

BEC connection flood #lock is allowed but must be set to no more then five minutes.

Servers may also be locked briefly before scheduled restarts, again, this may not exceed five minutes.

4. Your server must have BattlEye = 1; set within the server.cfg.

(as of 1.7.2.4 the hive will not allow you to play if this is set to 0).

5. Your server must have reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; set within your server.cfg.

6. Your server must have requiredBuild = replace with newest beta build; set within your config file.

7. Your server must have verifySignature = 2; set within your config file.

8. Your server must have kickDuplicate = 1; set within your config file.

9. All server problems must be reported to http://support.dayzmod.com.

10. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits, you need solid evidence, IE logs.

11. You are permitted to kick or ban for hate speech, including racism and homophobia.

12. You are permitted to kick or ban for cheating/hacking/exploiting that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way, providing you have solid evidence.

13. You are permitted to kick for illegitimate weapons/items not intended to be in the game, however please remember, many players do not and should not be expected to know every item that is legitimate and as such we would prefer you do not ban for this.

14. PVP is enabled at all times no matter the rpg element the admin tries to set.

15. Do NOT request un-necessary instance IDs, location IDs, or whitelisting from us. If you abuse the system all of your servers may be blacklisted.

16. Private Hives are allowed however we may not be able to help with problems relating to them, any issues you have with these servers should be reported to the server owner.

NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR WHAT SERVICE PROVIDER YOUR WITH THESE ARE THE RULES PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM.

• Like 1

Thanks for the fast response

Some kind of enforcement would be nice. 

I understand that server hosting is expensive, and it would probably be extremely expensive to buy all of your own, but when you have abusive admins like I've already dealt with - kicking players they don't like, and so on - it just kills the game. 

Abusive admins were part of the reason I, as well as others, quit playing the DayZ Mod all together. Again, it would be nice to see some enforcement. I've been on some servers with some BS admins for Standalone already. I hope it doesn't continue. I just don't want to see official servers with custom scripts start creeping up again. (ie: servers instantly banning players with low humanity) It could be a serious issue if it isn't dealt with.

----

Again, I do have everything recorded to report the bad servers and cheating players. Would be nice to know if we could add them to a "watch list", at least.

And again, thanks

Edited by BackDoorNoBaby

So both Vilayer.com and Gameservers.com are both offering to host servers for DayZ standalone.

multiplaygameservers  too hosting dayz sa....

the administrator is not easy to do, you need the maturity to know how to respect the PVP as part of the game, the ban should only be given to the cheaters who arent part of the game even if they want us to believe this

Its something that will never ever be resolved unless they go full MMO with subscription and they pay for and look after the servers themselves.  There is no way to really police it, you need admins to deal with cheating etc but unfortunately there will always be a minority (in any game) that abuse the position it gives them.  Without admined servers its likely you would be complaining about cheating or player abuse.  At the end of the day its a fact that badly controlled servers do not stay populated for very long.  As always the advice would be to find a server that you enjoy, that is run well and support it by making it your home server.

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

Hello,

Still not clear.

Is it possible and authorized to create servers?

We are a hosting company (ID-Cloud), servers and services whatsoever Gaming or not.

Can one provide clearly answers?

Private dedicated servers, yes or no? Commercial authorized or not?

ID-Cloud

Regards,

To the hosting company...

Server hosting will be opened up to other hosts at a later date.  Inquiring on the forums is a less than ideal way to request being able to provide this service.  There is alot more involved in hosting the DayZ SA than just popping files on a server and turning it on.  

Even if you somehow got your hands on the server files, you will not be able to access the player data storage hive, therefore you would have to create your own, and it would not be authorized.

So, to answer, it is currently not possible or authorized to create servers outside the authorized server hosts.

Regardless of your status as a commercial entity or private person, you do not have access, and probably won't for some time.  There are bigger fish to fry than adding more hosting providers.  And it will be a very long time until private hosting is available with private hives.

Private dedicated/public dedicated/commercial or private all are unavailable.  Currently all hosts are providing virtual private servers, as the cost to run dedicated is not within most renters means.  It will however be available later on.  

The two biggest factors stopping you are server files, and hive access.  Nothing is authorized outside of what is currently available.  When other means come available, everyone will be informed.

Hope this helps clear things up.

As far as the players requesting information on what is and is not allowed currently.

There currently are not any written rules specifying what can and cannot be done.  However, there isn't much that can be done as an admin in the current state of the alpha.

Admins can kick players.  There are no GUID's since BE is not running on servers, so banning doesn't work.  Admins can restart the servers as they see fit, and you should know, many servers crash repeatedly, it is not always admins restarting them.  Admins can kick as they see fit, although there is no way to know who is who.  There are no tags, and there are no death messages, there are no logs.  Atleast, these features are not available to admins currently.  So, if you are seeing an admin kicking people, they are likely attempting to empty their server, or make room for a friend, and without rules in place, they can do this.  HOWEVER, just like the mod, they can blacklist the official server status, which would inturn make your server unplayable as you would have no player data storage available.  I am 100% certain that rules and blacklisting are something that will be coming.

Currently, I recommend staying off servers where you suspect admin abuse.  Because if admins are using the kick feature, they are doing so blindly.  All servers are currently official, and until the hive system gets worked out completely I would assume the official status will stay.  Admins cannot password servers currently.  They can lock them, but the lock is only in place until restart.  If you see a server being locked and kicking players, I highly recommend writing down the IP, and when server reporting comes available, I would then report them.  Until then, there are larger problems than the few abusive server admins.  The abusive server admins won't survive long.

If you want a quality server to play on, I recommend our server.  I am the eternal all powerful overseer on our server, and we have a website to report our admins and report problems or bans.  I am not "attached" to our admins, so I will remove their admin status if they are abusive and take corrective action if they have banned a player without proper reason.  And currently the only proper reason would be cheating.  I will put the info for our server in my signature.

Just a heads up, when it comes to wondering if the server rules will be enforced, this is what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64r_d_yc3PQ

The admin knowingly plays with people cheating, constantly restarts the server to cycle loot for himself, and kicks players for shooting at or killing him.

All the server info is posted in the video's description.

I didn't get back on the server after I got everything recorded, and for everyone else, you might just want to go ahead and avoid it. It slightly annoys me that players can do this simply because there are no rules or some kind of way to enforce it.

And even if there is nobody on his server, he now has an empty server he and his friends are free to loot on without worry, then carry those items over to another public server.

---

I'm not asking for miracles, and I know it is still in alpha and such, I just hope that this kind of stuff would be dealt with as soon as possible.

---

Besides all that - how about a section for going ahead and reporting servers?

Evidence required obviously.

But it would help keep the good servers up, and the bad servers empty.

Edited by BackDoorNoBaby

Here is the old rule set for hosting the mod (public) wether we will be enforcing or not in the near future I will have to get back to you.

I really hope the same conventions are not enforced in the Standalone. I have a desire to host a large passworded server that is a private RP server, which will require different rule sets on PvP. If I can't set up my server to operate in a specific way I want it to operate, than there is absolutely no purpose in me renting a server.

Edited by gaelicwarlord
  • Like 4

Thanks for the fast response

Some kind of enforcement would be nice. 

I understand that server hosting is expensive, and it would probably be extremely expensive to buy all of your own, but when you have abusive admins like I've already dealt with - kicking players they don't like, and so on - it just kills the game. 

Abusive admins were part of the reason I, as well as others, quit playing the DayZ Mod all together. Again, it would be nice to see some enforcement. I've been on some servers with some BS admins for Standalone already. I hope it doesn't continue. I just don't want to see official servers with custom scripts start creeping up again. (ie: servers instantly banning players with low humanity) It could be a serious issue if it isn't dealt with.

----

Again, I do have everything recorded to report the bad servers and cheating players. Would be nice to know if we could add them to a "watch list", at least.

And again, thanks

People are paying 70$+ to rent a server... I feel they have the right to do what the hell they please to do on their server, unless you helped paid for that server you have no right to mope and complain how that server admin is running "HIS" server. If you dont like his server, its simple.. DON'T PLAY ON IT. As the cheating goes i agree with that kills the game but everything else nah.. I Disagree, People themselves can choose to play on the server or not

• Like 2

I get a kick at how people think that paying for a server gives them the right to break the rules. Read the rules for hosting a server and your posts won't seem so comical. Don't pay to host a server if you don't like the rules that apply to them, or simply wait till the private database servers are added. Then you can play alone or with your cupcake friends with no fear of the big bad public. The community will be fine with one less server, and you and your exploiting friends.

People are paying 70$+ to rent a server... I feel they have the right to do what the hell they please to do on their server, unless you helped paid for that server you have no right to mope and complain how that server admin is running "HIS" server. If you dont like his server, its simple.. DON'T PLAY ON IT. As the cheating goes i agree with that kills the game but everything else nah.. I Disagree, People themselves can choose to play on the server or not

Even if you rent an server you still need to follow the rules set in place by the devs if you want your server to be connected to the hive. That "I pay for the server, I can do w/e I want" is just a bullshit excuse. If I rent a car and crash the car into a wall and the company points me to the part where it states that my insurance has to cover it I cant be like " I pay for the car, I can do w/e I want". Everyone can rent something and ignore the rules coming with them

I have seen situations where a admins gets killed and the whole server gets booted out all the sudden, what if you just died in a gun fight your friends are still in the fight and the admin just kicks everyone so he can easily get his loot back and your loot is gone. Allowing people to do this now will only make it worse later on when the spawn rate will be reduced and its harder to gear up agian.

• Like 1

Even if you rent an server you still need to follow the rules set in place by the devs if you want your server to be connected to the hive. That "I pay for the server, I can do w/e I want" is just a bullshit excuse. If I rent a car and crash the car into a wall and the company points me to the part where it states that my insurance has to cover it I cant be like " I pay for the car, I can do w/e I want". Everyone can rent something and ignore the rules coming with them

I have seen situations where a admins gets killed and the whole server gets booted out all the sudden, what if you just died in a gun fight your friends are still in the fight and the admin just kicks everyone so he can easily get his loot back and your loot is gone. Allowing people to do this now will only make it worse later on when the spawn rate will be reduced and its harder to gear up agian.

1. they haven't put a legit rules for the server hosting, the ones they posted are player put from "ARMA 2 Dayz Mod"

2. Wtf does renting a car have to do with a "Game Server"

3. Your shit outta luck with whole admin kick, move on with life this is just a game, there are plenty of other servers that are default running by the devs.

Your going to die regardless in the game and loot isn't hard to come by, I've die countless times and still came back with decent gear. Just need to stop getting so butt hurt of stupid things..

• Like 2

1. they haven't put a legit rules for the server hosting, the ones they posted are player put from "ARMA 2 Dayz Mod"

2. Wtf does renting a car have to do with a "Game Server"

3. Your shit outta luck with whole admin kick, move on with life this is just a game, there are plenty of other servers that are default running by the devs.

Your going to die regardless in the game and loot isn't hard to come by, I've die countless times and still came back with decent gear. Just need to stop getting so butt hurt of stupid things..

1. Admins and mod are always pointing towards the old Dayz Mod rules, as pointers. Locking servers for example is forbidden even by the server hosts so there are rules in place

We would like to remind everyone that locking your server is not currently allowed.  This may change in the future but currently all DayZ Standalone servers must remained unlocked at all times.

We understand in can be frustrating when your server keeps filling up as you and your friends try to join.  However, a locked server allows the nature of the central hive system to be abused.  To ensure a fair gameplay experience for everyone, all servers must remained unlocked at all times.

We are currently operating on a 3 strike system.  The first 2 times a server is found to be locked we will temperately disable it and open a ticket.  You will need to respond to the ticket to have your server enabled again. If a server is found to be locked a 3rd time it will be permanently disabled. 

We appreciate everyone's understanding.

Best Regards,

Vilayer LTD

2. You really did take that car comparison as actual comparison between a game server and a car, If you don't understand the comparison then It is probally not even worth explaining it.

3. I don't get butt hurt about dying tbf, I find gearing up one of the best things in game if it happens legit.

I just think everyone should follow the rules or otherwise it would be a mayhem.

1. Admins and mod are always pointing towards the old Dayz Mod rules, as pointers. Locking servers for example is forbidden even by the server hosts so there are rules in place

2. You really did take that car comparison as actual comparison between a game server and a car, If you don't understand the comparison then It is probally not even worth explaining it.

3. I don't get butt hurt about dying tbf, I find gearing up one of the best things in game if it happens legit.

I just think everyone should follow the rules or otherwise it would be a mayhem.

The main reason i side with the server admins doing, is cause some people want to play the game the way it was intended to be played.. the player vs the horde a Co-Op way, and i honestly can say alot of people dont know how to do that they just shoot everything that moves on sight like its fucking COD(sorry for the harsh language btw). The Hosting Admin are getting rid of the idiots that cause the pvp mayhem. If they server hop onto a pub with their gear thats there thing and that should stop i agree. But like myself i would like to host a server and play with my mates and whoever else without having to worry the douches that focus on rampaging spraying of the guns when something moves and play the game how it was ment to be played. Yes it might be in alpha stage but how can we fix whats wrong with it if every 5 mins your getting gunned downed like a COD Deathmatch.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/20112-the-only-realistic-way-to-prevent-deathmatching-make-dayz-a-living-hell/

Edited by Floyd93
  • Like 5

I understand your PoV but this will be(hopefully) fixed when they release all their stuff so people can build their own communities and set their own rules.

I think they whole KoS stuff will be worked on with each stage of the game, the community admins/leaders can just simply remove players or setup a whitelist on their private hive.

Btw could you link or say where Rocket stated that its out of hand? Just wanna follow that thread and read up cuz I missed it.

I understand your PoV but this will be(hopefully) fixed when they release all their stuff so people can build their own communities and set their own rules.

I think they whole KoS stuff will be worked on with each stage of the game, the community admins/leaders can just simply remove players or setup a whitelist on their private hive.

Btw could you link or say where Rocket stated that its out of hand? Just wanna follow that thread and read up cuz I missed it.

Misread the post, i apologize had to go over it

and the admins do remove the players atm which is causeing the up roar of the "admin abuse" since they cant lock their servers.

Edited by Floyd93

Wouldn't allowing people (people that pay close to $100 per month in the effort to experience this game the way that they envision it) the ability to lock "their" server fix most of this nonsense?

I've already seen a hacker duplicating himself in a building, people server jumping to get loot, etc.

Being able to lock a server you are paying some decent cash for in order to avoid people like that would be nice.

Can someone give me a logical reason why locking a server should NOT be allowed other than because it might cause a shortage of servers for the people that don't help pay for them?

By the way, I'm not talking about scripting or otherwise being able to alter game mechanics on private servers, just the ability to lock them.

• Like 5

Wouldn't allowing people (people that pay close to $100 per month in the effort to experience this game the way that they envision it) the ability to lock "their" server fix most of this nonsense?

I've already seen a hacker duplicating himself in a building, people server jumping to get loot, etc.

Being able to lock a server you are paying some decent cash for in order to avoid people like that would be nice.

Can someone give me a logical reason why locking a server should NOT be allowed other than because it might cause a shortage of servers for the people that don't help pay for them?

By the way, I'm not talking about scripting or otherwise being able to alter game mechanics on private servers, just the ability to lock them.

You can lock your servers, I'm a current server owner. Its just you get 3 warnings (from my server provider) before the server is shutdown. Its all because of the game being alpha, The whole "testing mode"(something you can't really do with all the COD players coming in the server blasting everyone they see) which i find completely retarded excuse for not allowing people paying for the server to not be allowed to.

When you start kicking those players, they go and report your server and try to get you blacklisted saying your an admin abuser and all this other bs. Which half the idiots posting the admin abuser in forums are completely full of it tbh.

Edited by Floyd93
  • Like 6

Yeah, so basically the people causing the problem and not paying for the servers have more rights to play the way they seem fit than those who are paying and providing a platform for game testing to take place.... Nice logic.

• Like 4

Yeah, so basically the people causing the problem and not paying for the servers have more rights to play the way they seem fit than those who are paying and providing a platform for game testing to take place.... Nice logic.

Its why DayZ SA is already hacker filled like DayZ Mod. Hell the hackers have more rights than the server admins, pathetic.

Edited by Xelpherpolis
  • Like 3

I think most server renters think they have more rights then they actually have. The rules of renting servers is pretty clear before renting the server, you/me or anyone else cannot lock their servers at this point in the Alpha. You agree and follow those rules or you can decide to rent the server when they allow us to lock servers and connect us to a private hive.

Its why DayZ SA is already hacker filled like DayZ Mod. Hell the hackers have more rights than the server admins, pathetic.

Just because you cannot find the hacker that easy as on the mod anymore doesn't mean they have more rights. You are still allowed to ban hackers of your server.