backdoornobaby

DayZ Standalone Server Hosting

Yeah, so basically the people causing the problem and not paying for the servers have more rights to play the way they seem fit than those who are paying and providing a platform for game testing to take place.... Nice logic.

Pretty much how its going right now, and if you do anything wrong to those not paying they are gonna try to get your server kicked off just cause they can't Deathmatch in areas or server hop for loot. Its pretty pathetic right now. But hey what can we do rules are rules

• Like 1

Finally made a mysql/json hive server for DayZ SA myself, saves and everything. Might use it in the future, to create a RP/DayZ server.

• Like 1

Finally made a mysql/json hive server for DayZ SA myself, saves and everything. Might use it in the future, to create a RP/DayZ server.

Care to share? interested hosting my own Daylight server as i have my own dedicated server.

Care to share? interested hosting my own Daylight server as i have my own dedicated server.

I would but honestly it was just a project to test if it can be done. I wont be using it personally myself unless I had permission to do so, when the game is in alpha we don't need people flaking off from the actual developers at this point. But to test the game I do not believe in paying a bloated (offical) hoster in there prices, and this is why I am doing this. Because it can be done, and much better than these terrible company's that really are just stealing cash for something that's not that server intensive. And sadly at this time, the only way to do that is if you make your own hive since its on a whitelist basis for these (big money hogging providers)

Edited by Xelpherpolis

Here is the old rule set for hosting the mod (public) wether we will be enforcing or not in the near future I will have to get back to you.

If you´re not enforcing, those rules are pointless, because people have no reason to follow them...

I have actually seen servers, that are public, no password, that have description: "Friend server no-join or kick by admin"... I mean how patethic is that. I think this calls for enforcement, otherwise it breaks the whole careful-not-to-get-killed-and-lose-your-gear thing...

Just a heads up, when it comes to wondering if the server rules will be enforced, this is what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64r_d_yc3PQ

The admin knowingly plays with people cheating, constantly restarts the server to cycle loot for himself, and kicks players for shooting at or killing him.

Man what a patethic excuse for a guy, that admin and his "staff" was...

Edited by majogl

If you´re not enforcing, those rules are pointless, because people have no reason to follow them...

this^ - a billion times over - this^

How Can i know if in my country i'm able to rent only 30 slots server or if i must take 40 slots server ?

Edit : I'm from France. Means it's 1.55€ /slot or 2,10 USD O_O

Edited by TeKJohnson

Ask the hosts that host DayZ. But If you named your country some people could help you out with that info.

So wait...If I pay money (and 70 a month is a LOT) I can't kick people I don't like? WTF? Why am I paying for the server if I can't run it how I see fit? What's the worst that can happen, no one will join it? Who cares, I paid for it...

I mean, I hate hackers (and right now, Duping yourself is not a hack, it'a bug....no extra crap needed, found that out accidentally....) I don't mind if I am killed (if I were an admin) it's part of the game, but if your rude to me in anyway i'll kick you faster than you can blink, two more times and your banned. I am a no BS kinda guy but to put restrictions on how I can use what I paid for? 

So wait...If I pay money (and 70 a month is a LOT) I can't kick people I don't like? WTF? Why am I paying for the server if I can't run it how I see fit? What's the worst that can happen, no one will join it? Who cares, I paid for it...

I mean, I hate hackers (and right now, Duping yourself is not a hack, it'a bug....no extra crap needed, found that out accidentally....) I don't mind if I am killed (if I were an admin) it's part of the game, but if your rude to me in anyway i'll kick you faster than you can blink, two more times and your banned. I am a no BS kinda guy but to put restrictions on how I can use what I paid for? 

Basically what you are complaining about: "Even if i pay for server, i can´t use it to get easy loot? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?"

I am a no BS kinda guy but to put restrictions on how I can use what I paid for? 

That is quite easy, You should have read up on the rules before paying for the rent, don't start reading after you have a server and start complaining (what most people do). That would be the case if you would rent a server.

this is an off topic post really but here goes.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

The main reason i side with the server admins doing, is cause some people want to play the game the way it was intended to be played.. the player vs the horde a Co-Op way, and i honestly can say alot of people dont know how to do that they just shoot everything that moves on sight like its fucking COD(sorry for the harsh language btw). The Hosting Admin are getting rid of the idiots that cause the pvp mayhem. If they server hop onto a pub with their gear thats there thing and that should stop i agree. But like myself i would like to host a server and play with my mates and whoever else without having to worry the douches that focus on rampaging spraying of the guns when something moves and play the game how it was ment to be played. Yes it might be in alpha stage but how can we fix whats wrong with it if every 5 mins your getting gunned downed like a COD Deathmatch.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/20112-the-only-realistic-way-to-prevent-deathmatching-make-dayz-a-living-hell/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one thing that has really bothered me .. the constant reference to Dayz being a co-op game.  Players want to team up and shoot the zombies and collect gear and not have any PVP.   yeah, great idea until you have played for a month and now you have all your tents, weapons and food.  You sit at your camp and have to ask yourself, "What do I do now?"  The answer can only be, go out and kill other players.  There is nothing left in the game to do ... been there, done that .. is the feeling you have.

As for "how the game is meant to be played" please refer to this image from the DAYZMOD.COM website.  It plainly says step 2 in your survival is to kill zombies AND bandits.  So the game is DESIGNED to include players who are bandits and WANTS you to confront those bandits and try to kill them.  The game is obviously designed with KOS bandits in mind.  Therefore, play the game the way its meant to be played .. its a COD with zombies.  Your little group of friendly players (aka victims) vs the bandit groups.  Does the fact that the players are actually challenging compared to dumb zombies make the game better or worse?  Does the fear that you might get killed make the game more intense or less?  The bandits improve the game because its the suspense of who is waiting to kill you in the next town that makes this the best game ever created.

Get with the program and start shooting people who are not in your group before they shoot you.

bandits.png

Edited by ShootingBlanks

Funniest stuff ever

Is cause some people want to play the game the way it was intended to be played.. the player vs the horde a Co-Op way

Hahaha.

How shit, I feel like you guys are so up the ass of Dean that you cannot read correctly.  Ask yourself a few questions.  Why only 3 companies are being able to host the game; This will allow those servers to price whatever they want.  If anyone that ever rented a server can see that it's overpriced right now.

If you are renting a server, YOU have complete control over it.  You're the one paying for it, as long as you hosting the game, then you should be aloud to kick people as you feel fit. You're the one that is paying for it, and no-one else.  If you want to rent a server to get items at 80 bucks a month, there is nothing that you can do.  The worst thing that you can do with a game is to extrememly limit what onwers can do.  Guess what happens when you do that and if you add in a few companies, less servers for the masses.  How is that EVER good?

How shit, I feel like you guys are so up the ass of Dean that you cannot read correctly.  Ask yourself a few questions.  Why only 3 companies are being able to host the game; This will allow those servers to price whatever they want.  If anyone that ever rented a server can see that it's overpriced right now.

If you are renting a server, YOU have complete control over it.  You're the one paying for it, as long as you hosting the game, then you should be aloud to kick people as you feel fit. You're the one that is paying for it, and no-one else.  If you want to rent a server to get items at 80 bucks a month, there is nothing that you can do.  The worst thing that you can do with a game is to extrememly limit what onwers can do.  Guess what happens when you do that and if you add in a few companies, less servers for the masses.  How is that EVER good?

Lol... just lol... When you decide to rent a server and pay for it, there are rules that you first have to accept. if you decide to accept them and proceed with the payment, get the server up and running and then start breaking the rules you agreed to, that server should be shut down. Simple as that.

Just because you cannot find the hacker that easy as on the mod anymore doesn't mean they have more rights. You are still allowed to ban hackers of your server. 

No, they do have more rights. All they have to do is say "no, I didn't do it", and they get a pat on the back for being "honest".

The same was with the mod - you get a GUI exploit, you were at liberty to fuck shit up without the fear of being banned by anyone.

Pretty much how its going right now, and if you do anything wrong to those not paying they are gonna try to get your server kicked off just cause they can't Deathmatch in areas or server hop for loot. Its pretty pathetic right now. But hey what can we do rules are rules

Yep, also this. The sense of self-entitlement is horrendous with the game.

You people can try to argue with us all you want, but the fact still stands - cheaters will, until the game finally dies in many years, always be allowed to cheat nonstop without fear of penalty. Oh yes, I accept the rules, as seen in my server, I have had no issues abiding by the laws that the devs have set, but that doesn't mean that the above statement is false in ANY WAY.

Edited by Mattrrrrrrrrr

All these posts on this thread regarding "I pay for the server, So I should be allowed to do what I want," makes me laugh.

It don't quite work like that, So you rent a server for X amount of cash, so what.

Those that have and still do run the Public DayZ mod servers for rocket and co, Some of us spent £1000 or more to buy dedicated box's to help run there mod, Yet we still had to follow the same server rules without question and some like myself continue to do so.

Most of what is going on now with the admin abuse, Could of been avoided if those like myself were allowed to run public standalone servers for the community on our box's, Instead of being forced to not only pay for there dedicated box's but to also rent a server just to run the standalone. (Some of us are not made of money).

The problem now is like it was back in June of 2012, Where the server owners think they have the right to do what they want.

You are mistaken, If you don't follow the rules you WILL lose your server, If not by the provider, It will be disconnected from the public hive.

You volunteer to provided a standalone server, But you still need to follow the rules if you want to stay connected to the Public Hive

Edited by Faz
  • Like 3

Guys, i'm from Argentina. We are a lot of people playing from here. It's really frustrating to play the game with >250ms and getting killed by bandits with 10ms constantly. 

My question is: is there any way to host a dayz Standalone official server from Argentina? i've asked a server hosting company, and it's looking into the files.

Thanks, and regards.

Guess these rules are not getting enforced at all right now I just saw a server that had in the Title "Clan XXX only, regulars will be kicked instantly".

Wouldn't this be considered cheating so to speak since they are letting only their clan members on the server which means they get all the good weapons they can and then go on public servers and rape everyone to death.

I just don't see how this game is not going to get ruined by the kiddies. I was on a server last night minding my own business in a house and BAM! I was dead, then I heard some little noob telling his daddy I just killed someone and his father replying "what did he do to you?" and the kid replied nothing I just shot him, shoot first ask questions later.

Unfortunately this has already become the nature of the game, I doubt this is really going to take off very well once people find out that's all thats going on and they wont even have a chance to enjoy the game.

To be honest in reality rockets dev team has no right to set rules on servers they do not pay for if they want to set rules they NEED to pay for them and admin them, But because they can not afford to pay for that many servers and admins they let the public host them at there expense and at this point the admin/owner of the server has the financial right to host it as he sees fit. It comes down to the old rule of my house my rules.

And in the end rockets team does not have the resources or financial ability to police every server. They can shut down a server for the abuse and the owner can go fire up a new server it isnt that hard, and they are back at it within 1 to 2 days.

The best thing that rockets dev team can do to solve this is host the gameservers themselfs and supply 1-2 game admins that are on every server all day. then set up the number of servers to directly match the total possible player count and bring servers online as new games are purchased incase everyone is online at the same time, but downside to this route is they would have to create a fund for server maintance aka subscription time or microtransaction time.

If i rented a server right now i would do as i please be it against the rules or not because its my server while i pay for it at which time if it was blacklisted i would get a new server rinse and repeat as i saw fit seeing as loot and gear is across all servers and no deployables or vehicles at this time to stop me, I have been hosting a dayz mod server for over 16 months straight and averaged 20-30 players for most of that time across 3 servers for a total of 60 people during peak times. this doesnt compete with higher end servers but i was in the top 250 servers on gametracker for all servers for a long time.

all i can say is until bohemia steps up and host the servers themselfs or pays a company to host them and admin them then these servers paid for by third party and hosted by them will be abused because thats how most admins see it my money my rules.

Now if you dont like it dont play on a server hosted by an individual.

Guess these rules are not getting enforced at all right now I just saw a server that had in the Title "Clan XXX only, regulars will be kicked instantly".

If you want the rules to be regulated, please report the server which abuse the rules :)

Without reports nobody can do anything.

You cannot expect the devs to keep track of all the server names, its your "duty" as a player to report abussive behavior :)

To be honest in reality rockets dev team has no right to set rules on servers they do not pay for if they want to set rules they NEED to pay for them and admin them, But because they can not afford to pay for that many servers and admins they let the public host them at there expense and at this point the admin/owner of the server has the financial right to host it as he sees fit. It comes down to the old rule of my house my rules.

And in the end rockets team does not have the resources or financial ability to police every server. They can shut down a server for the abuse and the owner can go fire up a new server it isnt that hard, and they are back at it within 1 to 2 days.

The best thing that rockets dev team can do to solve this is host the gameservers themselfs and supply 1-2 game admins that are on every server all day. then set up the number of servers to directly match the total possible player count and bring servers online as new games are purchased incase everyone is online at the same time, but downside to this route is they would have to create a fund for server maintance aka subscription time or microtransaction time.

If i rented a server right now i would do as i please be it against the rules or not because its my server while i pay for it at which time if it was blacklisted i would get a new server rinse and repeat as i saw fit seeing as loot and gear is across all servers and no deployables or vehicles at this time to stop me, I have been hosting a dayz mod server for over 16 months straight and averaged 20-30 players for most of that time across 3 servers for a total of 60 people during peak times. this doesnt compete with higher end servers but i was in the top 250 servers on gametracker for all servers for a long time.

all i can say is until bohemia steps up and host the servers themselfs or pays a company to host them and admin them then these servers paid for by third party and hosted by them will be abused because thats how most admins see it my money my rules.

Now if you dont like it dont play on a server hosted by an individual.

As you Know, There are a lot of current Public Mod Server hosts that have been following the same rules for over 18 months and would be glad to host Public DayZ SA servers for Rocket as we have been doing with the mod, with out breaking the rules.

But they decided they wanted to go with Game Companies instead of those who they should by now trust who have dedicated boxes, That continue to support them. As I have said before most of these problems wouldn't be there if this had happened.

But they didn't want these hosts to have access to the files, As to stop the modding of the game and I understand that fact, and respect them for it.

So now they have no control over those that rent the servers for SA DayZ because some haven't been here that long and do not respect what Rocket and all want, Where they have been or where they want to go with DayZ.

I do hope they revise this and Allow us, That have supported them through think and thin to bring up some good admined servers to get DayZ where is use to be with out all the abusive admins that is currently happening.

I'm not talking about Private SA servers, I'm talking about Public SA servers being run on our dedicated boxes,

and I would as many others would gladly comply to any Rules set down to us. For the privilege of running said servers. :)

Edited by Faz

As you Know, There are a lot of current Public Mod Server hosts that have been following the same rules for over 18 months and would be glad to host Public DayZ SA servers for Rocket as we have been doing with the mod, with out breaking the rules.

I doubt it was a matter of trust. It was a matter of commercial expediancy. They needed to have around 1200 servers at the launch of the Alpha, and the only way to do that and not have enormous coordination headaches was to go with those companies with the infrastructure already in place. Mod server admins would not have been in a position to offer that scale of interoperability. No disrespect intended, just simple facts.

Also, being an Alpha, the server code is being updated at an even higher rate than the client. Coordinating the updates across the current hosters has alreay shown up multiple issues around routing and hive access. It would be unfair at this point to dump that sort of headache on Mod admins.

I would hope that when the time comes Mod admins in good standing will be able to participate fully in the roll out of truly private servers, but SA is not the Mod, and while Rocket may wish it, it may not be possible to offer them preferential treatment. They may just have to wait along with the rest of us.

As no-one else has linked to them I'll put this link to the current SA Server Hosting Rules. They are short and to the point; As an admin, you can do nothing much of anything except restart the server:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

I under stand what is involved in running a DayZ server as many been doing it for a long time. 

and sorry to say I'm more than willing to roll out what ever updates, when ever they roll out,

and help out in anyway I can to progress the game a bug fix.

I know what is involved, I losted my 10 year+ gaming community because I needed to commit most

of my time to running the DayZ mod version. The SA version would be no different to me.

But I also understand what your trying to explain in your post, A new start in a sense is what I needed anyway. :)

But as said I'm not talking about a private server, I would like to be connected to the public hive like I

am with the Mod version. I'm not to keen on the private server myself, and I'm sure there are more public

Mod server admins that would like to host a SA public server on our dedicated box's and not be forced to run

a private server, I no nothing about code or shit like that. We as we have been are here to help but seems

we have been side lined.

Edited by Faz

Wouldn't this be considered cheating so to speak since they are letting only their clan members on the server which means they get all the good weapons they can and then go on public servers and rape everyone to death.

I just don't see how this game is not going to get ruined by the kiddies. I was on a server last night minding my own business in a house and BAM! I was dead, then I heard some little noob telling his daddy I just killed someone and his father replying "what did he do to you?" and the kid replied nothing I just shot him, shoot first ask questions later.

Unfortunately this has already become the nature of the game, I doubt this is really going to take off very well once people find out that's all thats going on and they wont even have a chance to enjoy the game.

Rules are enforced if people report them. Hosts can't really check each server on their own and keep track if people follow the rules.