dgeesio

do people actually want a complicated medical system?

Everything in this game is about knowledge, that's how you survive. Do you know where all the water pumps are? Do you know the quickest paths to NWA? Do you know which medical supplies does what and how to combine them into something that fits you or your "patients" diagnosis? This is knowledge that make you stand out as a survivor and can make you more valuable alive than dead. It's necessary complexity and an advantage for those who has the knowledge. More complexity=Less people will know everything= Players have more value= More depth. It's a good thing!

no amount of knowledge is going to make another player have the blood type you need though

I'd need to keep myself fully fed more often so I'm regenerating blood.

does this work?

Yes,

A complicated medical system would be much better, there is no two ways about it, there is a number of reasons for it as well.

It gives the game a greater feel and sense of realism, adds more difficulty to it, and it will also keep a lot of children,troll, and angry teens away from the game.

Yes.

Why are people so obsessed with what is 'annoying' or 'boring'.

Is eating a banana 'fun'? No but it adds more depth than just beans.

If you want to bag spam play the mod.

If you want to throw a medkit down play BF.

I think finding a non-rotten banana is actually pretty exciting.

numbskulls who reply play bf or cod clearly are from lower iq brackets and should check there velcro shoes to see if there laces are tied :rolleyes:

I found this to be extremely funny from a kid who has never heard of capitalization, punctuation, or grammar. Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

I definitely want a complex medical system. When vehicles are included I want the repair system to be complex as well. I want to be the guy in my group with 3 medpacks on him and a variety of items to fix up various boo-boos. "Oh, you have an infection, here I have a syringe with tetracycline in it, quick shot and you will be good soon."

Dean and crew will have to be careful though and not make it so the solution to most of this conditions is, "Die, respawn, run to body, pick up loot." This is part of the thread talking about making a player's life worth more to them so it isn't the sum of what they have looted in gear. We would have to make it so that someone who is infected wants that infection to be cured and not to be shot in the head so they can run back and grab their stuff.  Otherwise it will be like the Mod where someone gets infected without antibiotics and offs themselves in an out of the way place then runs back to their body before anyone else finds it. 

• Like 1

I love the medical system it's actually really fun. The only complain I have is the blood types. Let me have the same blood type on each respawn for god sakes.

A year back i argued for simplistic system because i felt it unneeded and didn´t really think it could be pulled off properly.

Now i´ve seen the game and have some idea what they´re capable of doing, and say go full steam, give me everyhting you´ve got.

First order of business should be to rework the saline drips....pumping person with little blood full of salty water will kill him, not heal him straight up.

I love the medical system it's actually really fun. The only complain I have is the blood types. Let me have the same blood type on each respawn for god sakes.

What would be the point of bloodtests then , after the first you pop?

Edited by Frostbyte_

I found this to be extremely funny from a kid who has never heard of capitalization, punctuation, or grammar.

I think you may have taken his statement out of context. can't even claim Poe's Law when he put a 'rolleyes' at the end

I think it's great

It "unofficialy" create different classes, since you need to carry more items.

The medic in your group will have less ammo and engy stuff, but more bandage, seryngue, saline, etc...

The soldier will only have ammo, engineer will have tools and stuff like that! Lone wolf well, a mix of everything in smaller quantity!

Edited by Gnomechompski
  • Like 1

I think you may have taken his statement out of context. can't even claim Poe's Law when he put a 'rolleyes' at the end

Made a joke about Velcro shoes and people with low IQs thinking they have laces and insulting peoples intelligence. Not much context to be taken out of. I was referring to the fact that he is attempting to insult people's IQs while not using a single capital letter ever, having horrid grammar, never using apostrophes, and constantly using there in place of they're and their.

Made a joke about Velcro shoes and people with low IQs thinking they have laces and insulting peoples intelligence. Not much context to be taken out of. I was referring to the fact that he is attempting to insult people's IQs while not using a single capital letter ever, having horrid grammar, never using apostrophes, and constantly using there in place of they're and their.

how do you feel about the content (and format) of the comment he replied to?

You are clearly part of the COD generation , where you are taken by the hand through levels that are impossible to fail.

This is dayz son , you learn to survive or you die , there are no shortcuts.

no amount of knowledge is going to make another player have the blood type you need though

No, but knowledge about which type of blood is suitable for transfusion is very helpful.

If you find a player with the blood type O negative then you know you need to dry him up because he's a universal donor for all blood types. 

And if you have the rare AB positive blood type then you are a universal receiver and you can receive all blood types without rejection.

• Like 1

No, but knowledge about which type of blood is suitable for transfusion is very helpful.

If you find a player with the blood type O negative then you know you need to dry him up because he's a universal donor for all blood types. 

And if you have the rare AB positive blood type then you are a universal receiver and you can receive all blood types without rejection.

Yep, in it's current life my character is A+. I was like, "Halfway there. At least I can take 2/3rd or so of the blood out there." In real life I am 0- so I give when I can.

Although I'm convinced now the SA has the potential to simulate a deep health system and should, I respect dgeesio's keen eye for keeping things simple and to the core. Afterall I agree it still should be fun. 

There's the possibility it could be quite rewarding keeping you character in top physical condition. It would be amazing to see the character development and medical system scale all the way up. 

Imagine your character running with a definite limp (not necessarily slowing your progress like an active wound) because you've survived multiple gun shots to that knee/leg and it is now fairly gimpy. Then imagine that there are a limited number of elite medics that have the skills and loot necessary to perform a surgery to fix your leg.

The key here is complexity increases with time/skill and is always optional.

For instance, I like that a single survivor can simply fight off an infection if they treat their body well. (I assume that's not a glitch currently) However that takes time and of course antibiotics will cure you much quicker. Hopefully there will be medical systems for survivors who stay alive for months. Maybe after 3 months a player's muscles will have a slight tendency to seize up. This requires muscle relaxants which are very rare.

That was very constructive ...now ill be just as constructive and tell you that your a moron and that kind of comment is just plain stupid. Hes not asking for spammable blood bags  or throw down med kits so stop talking complete garbage. What he is asking is that the medical system isn't made stupidly complicated,complex or boring to the extent that  you need to run all around the map trying to find 10 different items just to give yourself a successful blood bag that doesn't end up killing you.

To be totally honest i don't see why Dean intends to add all this crap into a zombie apocalypse game ...he may aswell just make a fucking actual survival game without the zombies as he seems to be putting way too much time into stuff that isn't actually needed. This is a quote from Dean "I consider medical about 10% complete. Challenge is to make it more complex without more overbearing and confusing. V. hard".....10 percent? really? it seems pretty much good enough as it is and will be even better once he puts use to some of the medical loot currently in the game that isn't of much use atm ....but to actually go and waste time adding another 90 percent to a system that just doesnt need much more work done is just a waste of time and effort ...id rather they put that time into something else like new zombie model's (fat, extremely fat, skinny, missing limbs) and building a system that affects the speed these zombies move and navigate. Extremely fat zombie that cant get through a small gaps and are mabie really slow but silent ? I dunno theres a 1000 differernt things that the time and effort could be spent on.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to respond to you in a civilized manor?  Make your own fucking game if you have so many problems with this one,  or try thinking before you post. and by that all your posts.

This crap is just your uninformed opinion.  You have no expertise in game design, that's easily tellable by your illogical posts.

It's rockets vision, his game. there are 10 other zombie games with different zombies., go play one of those.  

I'd love to see a more complex medical system. Exactly as he said I think it's all about balance and finding the sweet spot between complex and confusing.

I love that the system is complicated that means people won't be able to just run around killing, they'll have to take care of themselves as well. 

I think your right, though it never occurred to me,   The smart players will be less aggressive, more targeted in their aggression. And its the smart players that I worry about.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to respond to you in a civilized manor?  Make your own fucking game if you have so many problems with this one,  or try thinking before you post. and by that all your posts.

This crap is just your uninformed opinion.  You have no expertise in game design, that's easily tellable by your illogical posts.

It's rockets vision, his game. there are 10 other zombie games with different zombies., go play one of those.  

Moron ....complete moron ...what are you even doing in the alpha if you have no idea what its for ? And who says i have a problem with the game ? because i don't ...i gave my feedback/view on this matter and that's what alpha is for feedback on everything to do with the game such as features and bugs ....good or bad. I cant believe how stupid you are for making a comment saying "make your own fucking game if you have so many problems with this one" as its such a stupidly illogical response to someone giving feedback of a alpha game but then again i see you cant comprehend what an alpha is actually for like i said before....you cant just go around telling everyone that makes a bad comment or gives bad feedback about the alpha and planned future features to go make there own game if they dont like it or dont like it ? go play another game.

Yes its deans vision....but he wants the community's feedback on the alpha also we did pay to create his game so we have a big say in what we want or don't want in the game ....its pretty obvious your the one that has no clue about game design or the business behind it.

Now jog on you little fool.

Edited by Massicor

Yes medical system is too hard, also guns are to rare please give easier weapons why doesn't my fire station have all those m4s?. Also wtf now I have to eat and drink, please nerf. 

The more complicated things dean adds to this game the better. I want to see more care with weapons, having them jam if they arent clean and what not. 

I feel as tho if dean adds too much stuff and complexity to the medical system ....then a lot of people will actually not even use it as they would rather just die somewhere and go loot their body as its much faster or have a friend loot you then give you your gear back or something.

Edited by Massicor