Susp

Low FPS for few seconds after 0.29?

Normal FPS when, sometimes, without any particular circumstance, FPS drop to 2-4, and after few seconds, everything back normal.
Just want to know is me or something else

• Like 6

Me and my friend had same.. Must be new bug that they got from fixing some other bug :lol:

• Like 2

Well I feel better that its not just me :D Hope they get a fix for this soon, I don't mind finding bugs and such, but frame issues like this give me a headache when I play :p

Well I feel better that its not just me :D Hope they get a fix for this soon, I don't mind finding bugs and such, but frame issues like this give me a headache when I play :P

Exactly. I dont' mind even character wipe (hell, another trip to Balota, no problem), but a freeze while raising rifle... :P

Yes, i'm getting this same thing. Short freezes/slow downs that last for 1 second or so. I never noticed this before the last update. 

Normal FPS when, sometimes, without any particular circumstance, FPS drop to 2-4, and after few seconds, everything back normal.

Just want to know is me or something else

Yeah its almost like the game freezes for like half a second every 45 seconds to a minute, a tad annoying :D

^this^

I have noticed a correlation between the lapses in frame rate and changing hunger/thirst/energy. 

Specifically, when "I am feeling thirsty" becomes "I really need a drink," the server/client communication seems to take a big dump. 

• Like 1

Confirmed. Having the same issue. And sometimes while running I see little desyncs.

I have noticed a correlation between the lapses in frame rate and changing hunger/thirst/energy. 

Specifically, when "I am feeling thirsty" becomes "I really need a drink," the server/client communication seems to take a big dump.

I thought I noticed this too

My FPS is still great overall but I am getting stutters/drops since last night's update.

I also noticed this, but it seems I'm having stutters at other times too.

Edited by Mos1ey

I'm glad I'm not the only one....

Definitely since update.

Stat changes do seem to worsen the stutters.

Alpher is as Alpher does.

Im having the same issue since the new patch before it was fine and dandy.

This is also an issue for me.  I'm not sure if everyone here is seeing it exactly like what I'm seeing, but my game will be running at 60+ fps and then every 7 to 10 seconds or so, it will pause/dip to between 8-30 fps.  When it dips it lasts probably half a second.  It's happening frequently enough (about every 7 seconds) that it's basically unplayable.  I'm not worried about zombies when it drops, but if there's other players involved it's almost certain to get me killed. 

this seems to vary for me from server to server. I was playing on a server that was pretty bad lastnight. I was constantly getting this 'hitching'. I eventually got a red chain, and then the "no connection for..." countdown. I joined a different server, and it was much better (but not perfect). now that I type that, I should have rejoined the original server to see if the restart helped

I wish I could say Desryachri was right, but I had clouds disabled all day yesterday anyway and tested again this morning.  Still have the massive fps spikes even with clouds disabled. 

Something else I noticed though, no matter what level I put the clouds at, they looked the same, so perhaps my client isn't properly updating that value.  Or perhaps Desryachri is trolling and I missed the sarcasm in "No serious."

I wish I could say Desryachri was right, but I had clouds disabled all day yesterday anyway and tested again this morning.  Still have the massive fps spikes even with clouds disabled. 

Something else I noticed though, no matter what level I put the clouds at, they looked the same, so perhaps my client isn't properly updating that value.  Or perhaps Desryachri is trolling and I missed the sarcasm in "No serious."

There was a Twitter feed on the subject and it did say disabling the clouds would fix it, so not a troll.

In saying that, someone also said that disabling the clouds messed up seeing at night so it's worse. I haven't personally tried this but I do get the stutter every 30 seconds to a minute. Will try it today and edit this post.

Easy fix, switch the clouds off! Caused by the clouds I found .. No serious.

I have clouds disabled, because the FPS was horrendous for me about 1-2 weeks back. Since then it has improved massively, but I haven't turned them back on since - so it can't be caused by that, as I have the stutters as well.

Added to that: it appears to be some sort if syncinc-issue, as I experienced the wind / trees moving would change when it's done being at 0 FPS for a second.

Edited by kichilron