jBrick

What are your BIGGEST issues in the game?

1. flashight's light not bouncing of the walls to illuminate houses inside.
2.Towns causing lag
3.too much empty space with nothing to do. Needs more villages and towns and some other cool and special locations like science labs,military bunkers,prisons etc. We have seen everything before so I wouldn't mind increased map size with new locations. I am having an hard time trying to find enjoyment to adventure.
4. A little clunky movement. Not horrible though and not that important step at the moment to be fixed and its miles better than arma 2.

Edited by DannyRed

My biggest issue is lack of vechicles (faster traveling methods), rest are just issues to simply complain about, but can be lived with. Spending 70% of your time just walking from A to B gets rather unfun.

I want the devs team to delete this adjust/decrease gamma & brightness option. So there will be no "cheating" with that kind of thing. We should use our flashlights... and risk our game characters. That will be the REAL DAYZ!

most people play in windowed mode, and jack their gamma with nvidia settings etc.  Removing gamma and brightness from client won't solve anything

new food/drink/blood/health/energy system being confusing as shit

alt f4 seems to still be in the game, hasn't caused me any troubles yet but it probably will soon (i found this out after running up to some guy in balota as a new-spawn, shining my flashlight on him and watching as he instantly disappeared)

and the biggest problem: direct comms STILL does not work, so i'm basically forced to KOS if i encounter someone

1.) First and biggest problem I was hoping to be fixed from the mod. Zombies go through doors. If you close the door to heal yourself, to loot something quick, to trade, to do anything basically if you close the door it should maybe break or just open after a fixed amount of time maybe. Zombies in the ground/through walls etc. etc.

2.) Hitting a wall with a melee weapon sounds like someone is shooting. I've hit the deck before because my friend has been hitting the wall and it sounds like bullets deflecting.

3.) Becoming unconscious and not being able to recover after being too tired, hungry, thirsty, low health, getting hit by a zombie with low health. I do like the tough part about having no bars for anything but if anything, health would be a great one to include first. Maybe do it in a creative manner such as dramatic world color or darkening of the light.

4.) Some form of easy transport. Even though there are no parts in the game yet, put in a bike, a scooter, something that needs no repairs but limit the amount of spawns or places of it spawning. Some type of transport that is a little faster than walking would be nice.

5.) Loot, loot, loot, and more loot. The loot seems like a large problem. I've run into many totally vacant buildings. Give the player more of a reason to go into the house. Everything around the major cities is being looted so often and I don't know the respawn rates or anything but if I find a house with a door open, it gives me the incline that there isn't much in there. Then I go to look and there really isn't anything in there. Increase food/drink drop rates, maybe at least 1 per house or 1 every 3 houses just so a person has incentive in dire need of going into a house to look knowing there is at least one can of something on this small farm or single house.

6.) Weapons, yes I know everyone is looking for weapons, everyone wants to gear up. I like that they are scarce but at least give a couple pistols per town that have different spawns or something. Something to defend ourselves to the people that love to kill on sight. There's no defense to someone that has an M4 when you have an axe and stuck in a firefight.

7.) When picking up loot from a dead body you need to be a surgeon. You have to be in the right spot for the icon to come up and you can actually loot the corpse. Same goes with items on the floor, when not using the vicinity tab.

8.) Loot in pants/bags/shirts I understand that realism is a factor in this and in real life, to switch pants, you manually one by one switch items. When you actually want to switch all your items from your pants to another pair of better pants a select all or click and drag would be very useful. I know this is a realistic game but then you think, how realistic is it to keep some things (like a medic pac) in your pants when its 4 slots. Realistically you should have another pocket to work with. I just think some things they consider "realistic" they will have to cut out.

9.) Zombies, more zombies are needed to keep players on their toes more. Especially around gun spawns, just like the mod, helicopter crashes, military, airfields, whatever it may be.

10.) Fluidity, this is also a big one for me. If I'm in a sticky situation, a lot of zombies on me, I need to get to some kind of shelter, the doors are better than the mod but still difficult. The character movement isn't fluid. Chivalry, counterstrike, left 4 dead. Something like this would be nice to see. Moving from straight forward jogging to a side step is a little clunky, seems to be a small gap that stops. 

11.) Putting things away and grabbing things. Compass and flashlight is a good example. If I'm running and want to pull out my compass quick that would be no problem in real life, Even while running you can still read which way you are going on a compass. I don't think this should stop you mid run. They have to do a little tweaking on that, again I think they might be getting TOO realistic with some things. 

-Controls feel off compared to Arma 2 as well as Arma 3. Free look seems way too fast but I am adjusting to it. 

-Melee combat is complete crap. I don't mind that it takes more than one bash to kill them like in Breaking Point for Arma 3 which was 1-2 hit kills...but it is clunky as well.

-I have no comments on weapon combat as there is a lack of items due to spawns only on server reset. 

-Zombies walk right through doorways...which is highly annoying. I think they should be able to open doors or else it would be too easy to avoid them in towns...but walking through walls is just silly. 

-Drinking - I am unable to fill empty water bottles at wells but am able to sip out of the well. I can drink out of some ponds/streams but others do not give me the option. After drinking water I am thirsty again within a few seconds. 

-Food - I get too hungry too fast. I also wish there was some wildlife you could hunt, cook, and eat. Not an excessive amount but a treat if you come across them. 

- 0% food items lying around. It should just disappear once you are done eating it. Cans make sense to have an item left behind but fruit is kind of silly. 

I want the devs team to delete this adjust/decrease gamma & brightness option. So there will be no "cheating" with that kind of thing. We should use our flashlights... and risk our game characters. That will be the REAL DAYZ!

you mean the real nightz

where no working person ever sees the game in day light,

gotcha

I havent seen anyone talking about it here yet, but I think that a huge problem now is how the whole infection system is working now.

FFS, you drink from a pound/river and you die of infection. You eat a damaged can of food (like beans hit by a crowbar in a fight) and also might get infected and dies if you don't find antibiotics. C'mon, this is ridiculous. Your character doesn't have any kind of immune system? Also it's horrible to find antibiotics ATM. So good luck eating damaged food or drinking from pounds.

Does anyone know how to use this bloodbag yet?

Also like everyone said, the melee system gotta be reworked completely.

Zombies... God.... You devs cant make a good zombie ever? Really, I've been checking the progress of the SA for more than a year and: "zombie rework" every week. And they still look the same as the mods, excepet for animations and design. Everything else looks the same to me, sometimes even worse than the mod.

I havent seen anyone talking about it here yet, but I think that a huge problem now is how the whole infection system is working now.

FFS, you drink from a pound/river and you die of infection. You eat a damaged can of food (like beans hit by a crowbar in a fight) and also might get infected and dies if you don't find antibiotics. C'mon, this is ridiculous. Your character doesn't have any kind of immune system? Also it's horrible to find antibiotics ATM. So good luck eating damaged food or drinking from pounds.

Does anyone know how to use this bloodbag yet?

Also like everyone said, the melee system gotta be reworked completely.

Zombies... God.... You devs cant make a good zombie ever? Really, I've been checking the progress of the SA for more than a year and: "zombie rework" every week. And they still look the same as the mods, excepet for animations and design. Everything else looks the same to me, sometimes even worse than the mod.

Haven't ran into any infection whatsoever yet ...i get in loads of fights and eat food that have all states of  damage before and after fights ...i drink from  ponds constantly and water pump and also no infection so thats very odd that it seems a big problem with you :S hope its not as bad as you say it is when i experience it as it sounds overkill.

Blood bag is only useable on other people ...you take blood from them and then can give them a transfusion later but you need a IV kit to administer the transfusion.

Yes the melee is horrible atm and very very unpredictable ...sometimes i  can one hit players with a hatchet and other times it takes 20 hits ...not to mention the collisions melee weapons have with walls/roofs/floors when inside buildings (this can be helped a little by crouching and/or making sure your not too close to walls and stuff.

OP - if you get as low as 'I really need to drink' then you have to drink quite a lot.

The fact that they run indoors shows that they have in fact been reworked... They're nowhere near perfect but a lot of work has been done on them.

Edited by Mos1ey

OP - if you get as low as 'I really need to drink' then you have to drink quite a lot.

The fact that they run indoors shows that they have in fact been reworked... They're nowhere near perfect but a lot of work has been done on them.

Indeed .....no more usain bolt zeds that zigzag towards you that you can never lose unless you went through a building. Also when (if) they can fully make a proper melee system that actually hits the zeds when it should then its gg ...that itself is worth my £20.

Edited by Massicor

Have lost a few items I've placed in my vicinity.

Sounds seem a little delayed and random. I'll drink a can of stuff and a few minutes later hear the can open.

Took a player and a zombie nearly half an hour to kill me while I stood their smiling with a caved in skull and shattered teeth.

Came back to a server to find myself buried in concrete with just my head on the steps I was standing on when I logged out. I vaulted to freedom eventually.

Other than that no real issues that make it unplayable especially knowing many things will be ironed out as time goes by.

Now that my axe opens cans I am a happier camper

Edited by RogueNZ

Outrunning Zombies would be my main issue at the moment. In the few instances that I have aggro'ed them I have found it's nigh on impossible to just get out of their line of sight and duck a few more corners so they don't know where you've gone. If you run around a corner, and clear the next corner long before it's come around the first, and find a hiding spot, it still runs up on your exact location. Only way (so far) to avoid them deliberately, would be to run in a straight line until your reach a certain distance and they give up chasing you. 

Outrunning Zombies would be my main issue at the moment. In the few instances that I have aggro'ed them I have found it's nigh on impossible to just get out of their line of sight and duck a few more corners so they don't know where you've gone. If you run around a corner, and clear the next corner long before it's come around the first, and find a hiding spot, it still runs up on your exact location. Only way (so far) to avoid them deliberately, would be to run in a straight line until your reach a certain distance and they give up chasing you. 

Just keep running and put as many objects (buildings/bushes/trees) between yourself and the zombie as possible. I'm finding it quite easy to lose them TBH. :)

THE LOOT

-50% of the items are useless like the pliers, screwdrivers, walkie-talkies, cooking stuff etc...

-too much clothes. 2/3 of the loot i find are clothes that i dont need

-loot respawn takes too long. you have to be rly lucky to find stuff at the coast so that you are able to get north. if i see a house with an open door in 9 out of 10 cases there is nothing left in it.

-less loot spawns. some house types and other places that should have loot will never have loot in it so its a waste of time to search there.

i know, it will change. But the less usefull loot is the only content we have right know and it feels more like a waste of time to search for it than playing.

Edited by kiwi12

press space?

Tried that... then he goes into boxer stance and points it somewhere off to my right.

All legit issues except side chat.  What little good that could come from that would be overwhelmed by the shit.

And Loot is rare.  Meticulous searching is necessary.  Running around with a gun and no ammo or ammo with no gun is part of the challenge, mate!

My biggest issue has been I haven't been able to play it since I bought it, cause no servers show up.

#AlphaProblems.

Did you click "internet" in the server browser?  That happened to me and it took me ten seconds on the forum to solve it.   Have you really thought your game doesn't work ?  :huh:

Why are people saying the hunger/thirst thing is confusing?

Not had any problems at all....due to being obvious if you have half of a half of a brain.

Biggest issue is that loots are not respawning

I don't think this is an issue.  When I go north, I have found tons of loot.  

Get off the coast and it is usually fine.  Search sheds.

Currently farm buildings don't spawn loot.  Probably a bug. 

Why are people saying the hunger/thirst thing is confusing?

Not had any problems at all....due to being obvious if you have half of a half of a brain.

Don't say that >:( .  The system is confusing and illogical sometimes.  It takes some getting used to.   

At the moment I'd say fairly poor FPS compared to the mod and the clunkiness of picking up loot. The vicinity thing seems random at times and picking items up is very fiddly most of the time.