mark3236 (DayZ)

FYI, there are trap servers that wipe your character.

Some servers wipe your character when you log in.

Always.

I use these servers to force respawn when there's no way of killing myself (ie: zombie), but they really need to go away.

In my experience, 1 in 10 servers are the ones that respawn you every time you connect.

I'm guessing isPlayerExists(); function or something is broken on those specific servers.

Edited by mark3236

Maybe those server hosts have seen your signature on this forum. ;)

• Like 5

logged out earlier today and logged back in 30 mins ago on the beach

Not sure if it is specific servers, I had it happen once, logged out and logged into a different server, was where I should have been. It did delete all my stuff right after the patch, not sure if that was everyone tho.

it was the patch that wiped your character

^

You guys completely missed what he's saying. He's saying EVERY time he logs into some specific servers his character is reset and respawned at the coast, and if he's ever somewhere he doesn't want to be he knows he can go to that server to reset himself at the coast, basically giving him a respawn button.

I've encountered a similar issue but i believe it was an issue with the character saving, my internet was disconnecting a lot last not and upon every disconnect my character would reset. I self-resolved the issue by exiting the server and returning all the way to the main menu before going back to the server select screen, which seemed to give my character adequate time to save and I have yet to lose any gear since doing so.

Happened to me also. Was no patch.

Edit: to clarify, I was on a server and suddenly I could here peoples voice coms, so I logged out to try a different server and upon logging in I was fresh on the beach.

Since then I found one decent server that I haven't deviated from and I've had no issues.

Edited by MattGL

how am I supposed to read those when it requires a login?

Register for a login, mate. It's the site to report issues with the Alpha test. We should all have accounts there. :)

• Like 1

Register for a login, mate. It's the site to report issues with the Alpha test. We should all have accounts there. :)

No, that is only for people who want to make DayZ SA better, not the ones that just want to complain about it. Sheeesss... get it straight.

Rocket had mentioned in a post earlier that some servers were not whitelisted, and therefore when you'd log into them they would not update to the DB. This is what the cause likely is.

Edited by Tremu1ant