Sign in to follow this  
SeaNanners (DayZ)

Blackscreen when I load DayZ Standalone please help :(

Hello guys, I just finish downloading DayZ Standalone and when I load the game I get a blackscreen. I can see the ingame mouse ONLY and I can hear the sound, but no picture just a blackscreen. Please can someone help me :(

I want to play waaaaaw :(

Really appreciated if someone can help me out here :(

Dunno, get a new screen, get a new computer. Re-install your computer. Re-install your game, try windowed, whatever.

Are you on the newest version? Does the server have the same version like you?

Tried verifying your files in Steam? Maybe even try reinstalling?

At the first start the loading process took me about 5 minutes and my hardware isn't that bad.

Means: Be patient ;-)

Tipp:

Start your game with "nosplash -skipintro" parameters :)

This happens to me sometimes I get the BI splash screen then it goes black. If you wait 30 seconds to a minute the next screen comes up

i have this same problem, i get a black screen with NOTHING, i waited 20 MINUTES and NOTHING, i tried reinstalling, backing up cache files, going to documents/DayZ.cfg (wont open ;-;) but nothing, no one has given me good advice as to how to fix this, i would really like to play this game as i spent my hard earned cash on it  ;-;

i have this same problem, i get a black screen with NOTHING, i waited 20 MINUTES and NOTHING, i tried reinstalling, backing up cache files, going to documents/DayZ.cfg (wont open ;- ;) but nothing, no one has given me good advice as to how to fix this, i would really like to play this game as i spent my hard earned cash on it  ;-;

You had better post your system specs, including OS (XP/Vista/7/8).

YEEEEEEES, I GOT IT TO WORK!!! i had to go into a cfg file (wasnt working) but i found a way around the protective stuff and changed my starting resolution

I had this exact problem. Go to MyDocuments>DayZ>DayZ the last file should be a CFG file. Click on it and if your PC gives some crap about programmes to open it click browse and go find notepad. At the very top you will see resolution_W and _H change these to your native screen res, for example mine is 1776x1000 or 1920x1080. The reason this affects it is because (for example) mine was originally set at 300x600 or something along those lines causing the video to go off the side of my screen leaving nothing but a black screen and the menu sounds. Hope this helped if you haven't fixed it by now.

Guess I'll use this topic although I'm not sure if it's related.  Just updated to .51 and now I'm getting either a black screen where I can still pick servers but when I load the game it's still black.  Or I'll get some strange lens flare effect.  i7 3770k @ 4.4, 16 gigs ram, r9 270x.  I meet the specs so it's not that and yes my video driver is up to date.  Everything worked prior to this update.  Any help?  Thanks. 

Lens Flare Effect

jkTEZ1L.jpg

Black Screen in game but looks like I can see the sun

miiQsWj.jpg