Herkon

Your first encounter with a player in SA

All of my player interactions have been pretty cool. Even guys with hatchets and M4s are pretty friendly. 

I ran into 2 guys at the Balota airfield and they both ignored me, I shat myself and pressed Caps Lock as hard as I could: 'friendly friendly dont hurt me'

I've been shot dead once, I think. That was when I had 2 payday masks...and trust me, the gunman was a very, very bad shooter. He fired about 15 M4 shots from a distance of about 5 feet, and I think I was hit twice.

I haven't killed anyone yet.

My first spawn I was attacked buy a guy with an axe, even though I was saying I didnt have anything, next spawn I made my way to an airfield, hooked up with two guys one of which decided to bash my head in after about 10 mins of looting together. I have killed one player who didnt heed my advice to not equip his m4 at the military base. Other than that I have had a few interactions and on the whole people are friendly. I will always greet before any action.

Unfortunately, I'm paranoid as all heck, and trust no one. So I've encountered two players so far and it ended up badly for both of them. See, I did not have a microphone, and I wasn't going to articulate conversation through text, when the downtime could cost me my life and the fresh M4A1 I just picked up at the Bolota Airfield.

I was in  a barracks. Looting some med supplies and weapon mags when the first one came behind me. He was bleeding and was trying to bandage himself. I could tell as I turned with my M4 aimed at him, he had no idea I was in there until it was too late. I wasn't going to give him a chance to retaliate. POP.

A second person came in behind him shouting, "Don't Shoot, friendly." Because I was unable to speak or communicate with him, I waited till he started walking up the stairs towards me with his axe in hand, and when I felt he was getting a little to close, I turned him into swiss cheese.

KOS is a bad policy, perhaps. I'd love to interact with other players on a much friendlier basis... but I can't help but respect a simple truth...

The wasteland that is Chernarus has not claimed me yet.

Keep your distance. ;)

Seen a couple of guys at the airport kept my distance and they didnt bother me....First close encounter was at small town north of military base, i had nothing no weapons, spots a wee guy so i stopped to show i was friendly/no threat he hits me with his axe the runs away shouting something about not wanting trouble....Made me laugh

In the mod, I was walking and a Little bird showed up outta nowhere and was like "QUICK! THE ZOMBIES ARE COMIN!".

I came inside, this guy took me back to this base with all these guns.

I grabbed a Lee Enfield, he dropped me off in a field.

I died two minutes later.

Literally a minute into the game, I heard a person. I turned my flashlight on and turned around, and there he was. We sat and talked for about 5 minutes, and I taught him how to use his flashlight. Shortly after, I met 3 others, and taught all of them how to use their flashlight. Fun.

started in the dark, spend 5 mins Working out how to use a flashlight :P Ran around with no light on only turning it on in short bursts when in building. No encounters, got food and water and ran of randomly in the woods :)

game complete.

I was in Barn near NWAF...i see a guy on edge of forest he tries to equip his weapon...too late...best loot in game so far...we was far away...only way to hear each others is by using guns...this time i was faster..

Made it to balotto airfield finally all kitted up see a guy running at me with no kit at all I don't have a mic so I type freeze or I shoot,he says over mic ( in Irish accent ) I'm friendly I've just spawned it would be harsh to kill me.... Can I have a screenshot of you? I say ok,boom sniper shot I'm dead he was the bait! Beware of an Irishman asking you to pose! Good trick but it will make me shoot on sight.

Ok so for me it was actually really good to be honest.

In the DayZ mod for Arma II I played at a night time and I think it was a chem light I put on myself so others can see me and basically ran in a middle of the road for ages and then one player came down to me gave me lots of gear including camo and a gun. Unfortunatly we both got killed a minute later by some guy sneaking up on us. 

For the standalone I was looting some apartaments and saw two guys fully equiped so I walked in their direction and put my hands up, they bandaged me and walked off.

I guess I can't complain so far really. Oh and sorry but I am not able to tell where about it all happened as Im not familiar with the maps :)

Cheers.

First encounter was in Balota at the airstrip at the dead of night. I had a wood splitting axe and was heading for the barracks after checking the ATC and hangers. I saw him open the door and start to walk in and walked around the corner...

Until I saw he had an M4. Turned to get outta there and got shot in the back... Since then, I've not been shot by another play, though I've met a few, killing one because he wanted to respawn. Found his clothes a little further down the road...

No idea what town I was in, but the first guy I ran into followed me around while breathing real heavy into his mic...like erotica breathing. Every once in a while he would giggle, like, actually giggle. I kept asking him what his problem was, but he wouldn't actually say anything to me. I eventually found a baseball bat, but before I could pick it up, someone started shooting. At first I thought it was my creepy stalker, but I realized he was dead. I didn't last much longer.

Well I spawned at Balota, so I ran straight towards the Airfield, thinking that I will actually get some good loot and what not.

I was mistaking, and while sweeping between the barracks, I was being shot at from the mountains.

I ran into the green tent there, and all sudden someone was writing to me 'hey'. I started going like "AH SHIT PLEASE DONT KILL ME BRO IM NEW SPAWN PLEASE PLEASE" over the mic and he just wrote 'haha, no worries, i dont kill you'. He suggested me to run to the barracks, at least we might find a gun and then fall back into Balota itself. He counted 3 2 1, started running. I found out I was hit when we arrived according to the 'I am bleeding' text on the left-bottom. I was meanwhile somewhat excited on the overall as it was my first 15 minutes in the game anyway. I tried to close the door of the barracks but got sniped :< .

Later on I found many friendlies than bandits, but I still keep encountering people out of my plans unless necessary for me and my clan.

I've had many encounters so I'll just post the one that stands out the most as the first is lost to memory.

I was looting through the Vybor military base when I saw a player run into the military brig building.  He was wearing one of those stupid bandit masks but I had a Mosin in hand and an M4 on by back while he was unarmed.  Cautiously, I approached and ordered him to drop the mask.  I come around the corner and see he had just put on a different mask.  I lol'd a bit and backed off and let him go on his way even though I had the upper hand by a kilometer.  As he was sprinting away I put a shot over his shoulder to let him know who was king, and to help him with his bowel movement.

Finally took my first SA kill this morning but that's a different story.

Nice topic.

First encounter. I was still pretty new to SA and had not made it to Cherno or Elektro even yet. Was looting a house and hear some one yell "hey you in the house". Not having anything to hide I said "hey". I run outside and he is in the street and asks for some bandages. I drop them down, but they vanish, then reappear and I get him bandaged up. He shows me to the new "projects" north of Cherno and we get a good loot run and go our separate ways.

Second encounter. Was on the roof of a building in Elektro and dude climbs up next to me and scares the crap out of me. We laugh, trade some stuff kill a zombie and run off.

Third encounter. Was at Balota when a guy (I only saw one, now I think there was at least 1 more) runs up and says but your hands up. I didn't see anything in his hands, I had an M4 no mags and an axe; so I decide to run off. Some one shoots me but I keep running. Then when I stop to bandage up they shoot me again.

Fourth encounter was at Balota and the green building had its doors open just after reset. I had looted the barracks already and hangars and against my better judgement decide to go in the green building. At the top of the stairs was a dude holding an axe. I too had an axe. Also had an M4 with mags. He pulled out a hand gun (I think) and shot me before I could switch to M4.

What did I learn. There is more trust (so far) in SA than in mod. Don't go to Balota, only bad things happen there haha. Don't try to loot at high vis places without your rifle out. Had a lot of fun so far.

First life, someone shot at me when i had nothing but an axe, it hit the building next to me and i run off. Later that night, looting nwaf at night with my flashlight on, heard cracks over my head, turned off light and booked it. heard a few more cracks then nothing as he obviously couldnt see me anymore. The next morning was looting Zelenogorsk, walked out of a barracks and immediately ate 6 rounds from someone's m4 who had seen me go in and was just waiting to ambush me.

I can't quite remember the first encounter I had, so I'll just tell the most interesting one.

-

I was at Balota looking around in the military barracks and I found an M4 and 1 mag with 20 rounds left and a bag. Felt like I shouldn't be there long since there's a lot of server hoppers, so I started to head out.

Guy spawns in front of the door.

Freaked out, lit him up. Put 16 (or something) rounds in his leg because at first I wanted to just break his legs and not kill him, but then I guess adrenaline said, "press the mouse button 16 times."

While I was shooting him he said, "plz no" in chat.

Felt bad, but not really since he server hopped (but had no gear).

I started to run towards the watch tower and saw three guys with M4s who did not hesitate to shoot me with all their rounds.

I guess I deserved it.

I mean

I did keep shooting even though the dude said, "plz no"

I found a knife equipped it, saw a player walking down the street.

I followed him into a house and only one of us came out...

Simple i felt a bit like Jack the ripper afterwards :D

My first player encounter was on the coast between Kamenka and Balota.  Neither of us had anything, so it was a short "Hey man, good luck" type deal.

Since then...

- Ran into a guy in Balota hangars warning me that there was a guy with a gun in the ATC tower, who was killing people.

- Ran into a guy in Cherno, traded rags for food (then my game crashed).

- Crazy axe murderer out of nowhere.

- Player with an M4 shot me in a church (he's going to Hell for that one).

- Saw a guy in a house at night with a flashlight.  I took cover outside and told him "Unarmed friendly outside" a few times, didn't get a response... so I left.

I've been in remote areas of the map the last few days, haven't seen anyone in a while.  The encounters I've had thus far have been pretty decent.

My first encounter was within 1 minute of my first login but was not really productive. I spawned on the east coast and saw a house, went into it searching for anything and went up to the second floor to find a dead body on the floor. I had no idea how to loot from the person so just left the house and headed in a random direction away from the coast since I had heard the coast was dangerous.

My next encounter was actually with my friends from work so I don't really count it.

The third encounter was I was in the prison at green mountain in the cell. I was grabbing something and I hear "oh sh**" as the login reloading sound happens turn around and there is a guy standing there and then disappears fairly quickly. That kinda scared me so I ran back upstairs then logged out and went to bed. The next day I logged back in pulled my M4 out just in case and went downstairs with plans to leave just as I rounded the corner a guy with a fire axe comes charging out of the cell at me and I quickly fire off a number of rounds killing him and then he disappeared before I could get any loot off of him.

My latest on was the other day I was exploring Devil's Castle and had climbed the scaffolding and was walking along the ledge only to suddenly get thrust into the air as I hit a small projection and fell to my death. When I went to respawn had to leave the server and joined a different one since I have issues remember what server I was on. It was night and I could hear the coast behind me, turned around and sure enough that was the coast. Head away from it and came across the train tracks decided to follow the to the left which turned out to be west as I wanted to figure out where I was. After running along for a little while I noticed some camouflage netting obscuring the night sky on my right and thought sweet a military tent place. Went in and decided it was really way to dark to see so hooked up and turned on my flashlight and start looking not finding anything in the first tent but the I hear some indescribable voice say something, and then a little closer saying again what sounded like "get on the ground" and then the guy appeared in my flashlight beam. He started to repeat it again so I turned around, aimed myself at the entrance to the tent, shutoff the flashlight and then got out of the tent and turned, put away my flashlight and started sprinting around tents hearing him start letting off multiple bursts but completely missing me. Around in the dark I stumbled and when I found the sky obscured by a tree I was in laid down logged off and went to bed with my heart still pounding.

I really don't like to do KoS but it just seems like everyone I run into outside of my friends start attacking right away. I can understand being leary but if they don't have a weapon out why kill them on site, it ruins the loot anyway. I like the prisoner idea, but still don't want to be one.

Today was my 1st day playing SA and it was a blast. My first encounter with a player was when I logged back into the server after eating my xmas dinner, and some guy was axeing me before I had fully loaded >.> ok I can deal with that. My respawn though put me right by where I had died, and behold he was still there but now had my M4, I run in fist wildly going everywhere knocking him down, grabbing my weapon back from him (kinda cool I could do that) And shot him when he got back up. Was fun!

Two guys approached me told me they were friendly, handcuffed me for (their protection), said they couldn't find the keys and slowly axed me to death.  :huh:

Edited by Magicnachos

Get game at 10pm Christmas night.

Install, giggling like an idiot.

Load up, log into a server.

Sodarkomgwat.

Take about five mintues to read over the controls and figure out a flashlight and brew a cup of tea.

Adventure time is now.

Walk into a house

See something slip past me

Turn

Other new player

Look to keyboard to try and remember which key to chat with

Hear an odd noise, look up.

Got punched to death.

...At least I still have my tea.

Had just finished looting Lapatino and sat near a bush on edge of town looking at my map, heard some foot steps, turned map off, had 2 guys with axes running at me, they see me pull rifle out and then they both leg it, so i thought id fight fire with fire and charged them, lost sight of one of them and the other logged off when i trapped him in a house.