Herkon

Your first encounter with a player in SA

First encounter: Was checking the second story of a house, just me and my flashlight. I find nothing so I turn to head down the stairs. As my flashlight illuminates the stairs downward I see hands and a shadowy pistol. I ran back into a corner and crouched down, waiting for the end. When my killed arrived at the top of the stairs, there was nothing in his hands. So, I stood up and raised my fists. We looked at each other for long seconds. I lowered my fists and so did he, and I slowly walked down the stairs, and took off running as soon as I was out the door. He could've been a mass murdered or something...

Second Encounter: I had only just spawned and it was night. The flashlight did not spawn with me so I started freaking out. I saw a person who strikingly resembled Charles Manson with a flashlight. (It was very dark.) So I yelled in direct chat, "Gimme your flashlight or I'm going to punch in your general direction!" We turned in circle after circle until I could chase him anymore, and found the flahlight had appeared in my inventory.

I noticed he was saying something like, "I can punch too you know... How am I supposed to trust you?"

So I equipped my flashlight and illuminated the crazy man. "I got my flashlight now, have a nice night." Then I ran off.

Somewhere on the coast looting small homes. Some guy ran up to me and asked if I had Skype in text chat. I said no and he switched to direct comm. I had a firemans axe (absolutely awesome melee btw) he had nothing. We looted for a bit together and then we separated.

It was at night and he informed me he used gamma cheats to see. I considered axing him on the spot, but didn't want that to be my first interaction in game.

Edited by SJKSJK

Evening in Cherno.

I noticed a player fleeing town being chased by zombies. He was unarmed, but had a Dallas mask. I followed him into a house. I killed the zombies for him and patched him up. I spoke to him on direct chat, so he replied in frantic spanish and punched me in the face. I returned the favor with my ax. Now I have a Dallas mask. :) Profile pic relevant. 

Edited by UncleRAJ

it posted three damn times. 

Edited by UncleRAJ

Met some guy, didn't care to have in headphones at the time. Typed to him, but all he would do is do the friendly side to side bob. He followed me for awhile with his hatchet, we split some loot in houses, he chased some zombies he saw in a field and I jumped off a building from bad spawn.

He was a good guy. I miss him.

Spawned in at the beach near Kamenka

Immediately saw a guy in a white T-shirt running towards me

He stopped and asked me to punch him in the head until he was dead...?

I duly obliged.....

My encounter includes a question.

I was in NWAF in the building with the prison door directly right of the entrance. I was looting stuff in that room when I heard a player reloading on the second floor. I proceeded to ask over voice if he was friendly, and decided that if he does not answer, I will murder him. He did not answer, and I heard footsteps. He was getting closer. He eventually peeked and I killed him with my M4. I went to loot him, he had some sick gear. Then I heard footsteps behind me, but I was too late, and he shot me. I got the "You are unconscious".

Which leads me to my question: What does it mean? Am I dead? Because I waited for a while, but I never regained consciousness. I then tried to quit, and my character on the main screen still had all the gear I had when I got shot.

So this is supposd to be a little sum up on player interactions in the Sa.

Write down your first encounter and how it turned out to be.

rcSEdEB.jpg

Found a pretty friendly dude after about half an hour. We scavenged a bit and then he went offline, nothing interesting. 

My second encounter though was some serious fun(atleast for me as im a first timer with dayz). After spending a full day without dying and visited some villages, 1 big city and 2 military camps i headed to the airfield(already had a fully modded mosin and a pistol with enough ammo to kill atleast 2 servers worth of ppl, and a good amount of food and medical supplies) there managed to scrap up a fully modded m4 with a silencer, flashlight and an acog and since i didnt really encounter anyone after about half an hour of scavenging around the place i got cocky and decided to check out the air control tower like the idiot that I am. And again like the idiot that I am I used my flashlight to look around the top floor when someone just peppered the place with automatic fire. I immediately went prone and got to the second floor. After I was out of immediate danger I secured the first floor and closed the doors. Then I spent 5 minutes patrolling around the windows and talking trying to locate the guy, but didnt have much luck. Finally i got tired of waiting around secured the exit and went of at full speed towards the woods through the firehouse. The guy didnt try to chase me. I guess he wasted all his ammo on the first unsuccessful attack or just didnt want a direct confrontation with his sneak attack failing like it did.

Balota airstrip, middle of the night.

Come across 4 players all running around trying to find gear. 2 of them have guns with no ammo. Be merry and have fun looting until we're all gunned down by a man shouting a war cry over direct.

WOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Kamishovo, player asked me to kill him but I wanted to team up.

I killed him cause he wanted to respawn.

Rip

was it a guy with a broken leg? then it was my buddy who is new in Dayz spawned miles away from me and broke his leg cause he didn´t know even small flls are deadly ^^

Great topic :D

My first and only encounter for the moment was during night time. I spawn on the beach near Cap golova. I see S*it only three buildings near a road. I go there and after 2 seconds i hear a "thump, thump"i look around and i see a guy trying to punch me :D. I ran into the woods :)

Not my first but surely my most tense encounters where:

1. on balota Airfield only a Crowbar suddenly a fully equiped guy with two prisoners came around the corner shots fell.....
I sneak out of the building and see a dead body on the ground with an M4 lying beneat him
As I wanted to pick it up the guy with his prisoners came up and I´m all like HELL NO THIS IS MY END..
Talking in direct friendly won´t attack you just wanted to pickup this gun and backpack
ANd surprislingly he lets me take it and we split apart :)

2. running around shortly after I got said Gear from Balota teamed up with my buddy and we talked via skype while looting kamenka
He wanted to search the Military Base at the North of Kamenka so we stared walking
Suddenly he shouts out a warning theres a Guy with an Axe (my buddy only had an Axe too) we encountered him and started talking.. he seemed friendly and so where we so we teamed up and ran to the Base..

3. In the base looting the Hospital when out of nowhere a guy rans by.. I equip my lowered M4 and push the Push to talk buttton but get interupted by shots from the forrest

we retread deeper into the building and wait some more shots fell but none hit one of us.

the I decide to climb on the roof secure the Area and let my mates evacuate over the Ladder on the Rooftop we never saw or heard the Guy who shot again then made our way to Zelenogorsk.

I was scavenging near Chernogorsk, and I had walked out of an apartment building.

See guy with shovel out. 

In a panic swing Fire Axe. 

Guy screams in pain.

I bandage guy.

I help him look for his friend because he can't see anything. 

Can't find friend. 

I feel like this is a trap. 

I leave him. 

First encounter was just outside the industrial area on the docks in Electro. All I had was a backpack that I just found after spawning, he had a motorcycle helmet and a bat. Told me to "drop the backpack and go", didn't say anything back to him. Proceeded to chase me around Electro for about 10 minutes while I waited on my buddy to make it to there. Kept saying n00b things like "just drop it, I'll let you go" and "Welcome to DayZ". Ran across another guy and he started running with me. Lead him to the train yard where my buddy lay in wait with and ax. Several ax chops to the face later, he was dead and we all laughed at him. Told him "some people have friends bitch" before he died. Looted him, other guy went on his way, found several back packs in buildings near by.....-_-.

Second encounter was a stand off. Some guys holding my buddy hostage and I try to sneak around behind them with my M4. One of them sees me, shoots me in the head and then they execute my buddy as well.

Third was some foreign guy. He had nothing, I had my ax out. He said "no no, don't kill" so I let him go. He came back about five minutes later with an ax and tried to kill me while calling me a "gringo" over voice chat. Pull out my pistol, he died.

Edited by SquallyZ06

spawned in was running down the road another guy was off in the distance heading towards me i swallowed as my dry throat ached from my needed thirst he was getting closer i had nothing and i could clearly see as he got closer changing from a blob into the clear silhouette of a man that he was holding some kind of weapon, thoughts filled my head but i kept running straight down the road as we got closer i would not waver this road was mine and he wouldn't deter me from my aimless road running and insane stubbornness to claim tar mat as my own.

After what seemed an eternity of running we finally got in earshot of each other i could see he had a backpack some decent clothes and a all mighty shovel that would brake my nose with a single swap and then there was me in my simple tee and jeans that i may or may not of pissed in as urination and pooping is something my char never does (so i can only presume he has a piss and poop bag seemed into his jeans or just likes the moistness of his pants) I could of said something but i didn't as we finally meet still we both ran neither of us even flinching, he also said nothing and now he was beside me still i pressed on that's when it all changed my world flipped on it's head and nothing would ever be the same the eternity was over in an instant as he was now behind me, it was clear empty road ahead and looking behind me he want from growing to shrinking as his silhouette continued down the road heading away from me and i continued my track down the road to which i knew i would eventually die by the dreaded lag.

My 1st human interaction was thrilling.

1st found me in a blind state from hunger and dehydration and I asked him to kill me which took longer than he could be bothered hanging around for

2nd logged immediately, leaving his torch light behind, but no torch

3rd just ignored me and carried on his way, better than being shot I guess

and I haven't seen anyone since

At night.

Village near spawn.

Had a near deadly run in with a Zombie.

Saw a dude runnin around with a flashlight.

Walk up to him...

He switches to fists and knocks me unconcious with one punch.

...Then I woke up on the beach...

Edited by Killon

My first encounter was a guy with a weapon who told me to drop my axe like 6 times - since i am new I didnt know how to do so - so he killed me.

Spawn in Balota. 

Find myself on an AF.

Stumble across an M4 and camo.

Decide this game isn't that hard.

Exit building and get greeted by some heavily armed, masked bloke who proceeds to pepper me with bullets.

Decide this game might be tricky. 

Edited by RogueRifle
  • Like 1

Searching NW AF.

Upstairs in the tower.

Suddenly hear "FRIENDLY DUDE, FRIENDLY!" 

Turn to see someone running back down the stairs.

Scramble for mic and realise its not plugged in.

"DUDE ARE YOU FRIENDLY DUDE?!" 

Slam F1.

Other fella pokes head back up to see me waving.

"Thank god dude," 

Was full camo'ed, gas mask, and fully modded M4 so he probably expected me to be a bandit.

Cheers for not shooting me stranger.

My first encounter was a guy with a weapon who told me to drop my axe like 6 times - since i am new I didnt know how to do so - so he killed me.

I believe that could be me. I had that kind of encounter two days ago in Elektro. Dude didn't want to comply for over a minute. I heard footsteps nearby and shot him down, thinking that maybe his friend is coming trying to chop my head off. If it was you I shot back there - sorry. I hope that now you've learned how to drop your weapon :P