Sign in to follow this  
Merle_Dixon

Here we go again ..armed players kill newspawns..

Bandit until proven friendly is the name of the game. Live by it. Die by it.

The strong survive.

The thing about being unarmed is that you run much faster than a geared player.

This one detail is, for me, a glorious improvement. There is now a (albeit small) price for being a geared player.

I'm sure he tried but when the guy is literally right there when you character renders in server it becomes a little hard to avoid them

But newspawns are the most fun to kill cos "they come on the forums crying after" and that makes the kill more satisfying when seeing the post after :D

Tip #1 - Crying to mommy after being killed in Dayz might get you a hug, As crying on here wont get you hugs :p

I don't trust people.   Until proven otherwise, don't trust anyone that can kill you.  That doesn't mean you need to hunt and kill them.  JUst give them their space and let them leave.  

If you surprise someone with a firearm, expect bad things to happen.  If you want your own gun, go inland and meticulously search.

SA requires some patience to find good loot.  You can gear up in 15min like you can in the mod  :)

EDIT, once there are more zombies KOS should decrease.  

Edited by Vindicator

In the background of my bug video someone was getting killed xD Unfortunately you can't see the muzzle flash ._.

Got alot of nice gear now, only kill so far is my friend as it was dark and he was wearing a hoxton mask so i thought he was a zombie. we went back to balota to gear someone up earlier in the day, didn't kill anyone, handcuffed one stole his shirt tore it to rags, stole his shoes, took the optics and stock off his empty m4, put it all in a pile infront of him. He realized he could stand and run with cuffs on so we let him run off, told the other new spawns that came around to jog on or they'll get shot, most stayed back seeing what happened to the first guy.

I've met only one guy with a gun so far...that was at the new military camp north of Kamenka. I had an M4 but no ammo, the other guy had a M4 as well and  3 single bullets. So we decieded to have a small chat instead of an extending firefight :-). 

However...during my first hours I was attcked only two times...one guy in Elektro attacked me on sight with a screwdriver ( Elektro has always been a strange place) ..killed him with my shovel...next run I was hatched to death by 3 bandits near the new Cherno suburbs...

I don't wanna loose my stuff so I just hide in the bushes whenever I see somebody.

Sure, I could shoot them with my Mosin, but thats not my style.

ahhh good old shit-in-shrubs tactics

• Like 1

Not to mention right now the scare loot system combined with the terribly frequent rate of starvation/dehydration has it to where you can barely survive without constantly looting. Honestly, I've killed a few other players at the chance that they carried food just so my character could live for another half hour. Hopefully that will be patched soon as well so we can explore without CONSTANTLY worrying about looting for water and food.

Edited by OfficerRaymond

Not to mention right now the scare loot system combined with the terribly frequent rate of starvation/dehydration has it to where you can barely survive without constantly looting. Honestly, I've killed a few other players at the chance that they carried food just so my character could live for another half hour. Hopefully that will be patched soon as well so we can explore without CONSTANTLY worrying about looting for water and food.

Why, people don't just ask for spare things? ;_;

ahhh good old shit-in-shrubs tactics

Lol, one time I was looking in a car in a roadside parking lot at stary sobor, I was trying to open the boot and I saw a guy with an M4 march right down the road, I was lucky he didn't see me.

Not to mention right now the scare loot system combined with the terribly frequent rate of starvation/dehydration has it to where you can barely survive without constantly looting.

Newsflash: that's how it's supposed to be. The entire point to hunger, thirst, sickness, blood transfusions, etc. is that they push you to continue finding things, which leads to encounters with other players, which is what makes the game interesting. This isn't a Bear Grylls simulation game. Sure, you can get a knife, matches and wood and go live in the woods for a year eating roast squirrel and wiping your ass with leaves after the incessant diarrhea it gives you, but that doesn't make a very interesting game. rocket has said time and again that it's the human drama that he's after with this game, so he's going to continually find ways to make us simultaneously rely on and also fear each other.

Why, people don't just ask for spare things? ;_;

I didn't kill them on sight. I tried to rob all 6 of them. On two occasions they didn't give any hint of responding or complying and simply ran, on another occasion they told me to fuck off over chat (BEFORE I shot him), and on the final few occasions they put up their fists and charged at me. Nobody I have killed has in any way wanted to comply.

I started playing today and everyone was friendly to me even with guns, i just showed them i wont bother u or come in your way ,just turn around and walk ,dont even look scared ,run as if you never seen him .

Find water pump or pond.

Drink until it says "my stomach is full".

Don't stop eating when satisfied keep eating until full.

You spawn dying of hunger & thirst.

Above all get the hell off the coast theres nothing left there!

Newsflash: that's how it's supposed to be. The entire point to hunger, thirst, sickness, blood transfusions, etc. is that they push you to continue finding things, which leads to encounters with other players, which is what makes the game interesting. This isn't a Bear Grylls simulation game. Sure, you can get a knife, matches and wood and go live in the woods for a year eating roast squirrel and wiping your ass with leaves after the incessant diarrhea it gives you, but that doesn't make a very interesting game. rocket has said time and again that it's the human drama that he's after with this game, so he's going to continually find ways to make us simultaneously rely on and also fear each other.

Yes, but the game isn't supposed to constantly about stuffing your face. A good sized inventory of beans and water should be able to sustain a player for a few hours, not a single hour like it currently does.

Find water pump or pond.

Drink until it says "my stomach is full".

Don't stop eating when satisfied keep eating until full.

You spawn dying of hunger & thirst.

Above all get the hell off the coast theres nothing left there!

I always leave the coast mate. How long do you think I've been playing? lol

Edited by OfficerRaymond

I didn't kill them on sight. I tried to rob all 6 of them. On two occasions they didn't give any hint of responding or complying and simply ran, on another occasion they told me to fuck off over chat (BEFORE I shot him), and on the final few occasions they put up their fists and charged at me. Nobody I have killed has in any way wanted to comply.

We had 2 guys other one a new spawn and other one had M4, told them to stop and put the gun away, well they did it, and my friend closed by and then the other one with the M4 started to run, and the other one just told us to fuck off too ._. Well, we warned them once after that, and they told my pisshead friend to fuck off, well my scott friend did not really like that... You can guess the rest... I don't KoS, I rob, and I do that very rarely, this time just for fun and as a test. I usually play as a nice guy, see me Ingame, come say hello, but keep distance and gun at your back. And I will keep my gun down aswell..

We had 2 guys other one a new spawn and other one had M4, told them to stop and put the gun away, well they did it, and my friend closed by and then the other one with the M4 started to run, and the other one just told us to fuck off too ._. Well, we warned them once after that, and they told my pisshead friend to fuck off, well my scott friend did not really like that... You can guess the rest... I don't KoS, I rob, and I do that very rarely, this time just for fun and as a test. I usually play as a nice guy, see me Ingame, come say hello, but keep distance and gun at your back. And I will keep my gun down aswell..

Correction.... I did beat a guy to death because I was on the brink of death myself. And shot another guy because he scared the shit out of me while looting.