Sign in to follow this  
A_Lucky_Hit

Server Owners get nothing????

So I'm helping support the Alpha and paying for the server and I get nothing. I work 10 hours a day commute 1 hour each way leave home when its dark and get home in the dark and I cant even change the day settings on the server I pay for so I can at least play in the daylight. Rocket you suck!! Lighten up and give us some basic functions. Right now I can change the name but not the whole name just one little section still have "Dayz NY" junk in front, I can set restart time but there is no messaging to warn players ingame before it happens just the load in messages, could change time for 30 min last night then the update killed that, thanks :P  Because you set the bar so high for the service providers requirements on what they have to give in way of public servers they are screwing us with server cost of $70 for 30 slots, 4 times that of the Arma 2 Dayz. Not saying you have to give it all but here's the short list.

Must have:

Full name control

Day time settings

in game messages, clan advertising and server restart warnings

Wish list:

Private hive 

Load out options

Edited to reply:

Figured you guys would flame the post so be it, you all seem like such a fine bunch too. So lets see if I'm right here:

Must Have

Having the power to name a server I pay for is too much and they should just list basics like where servers are, fine just make a system that auto picks the best ping server for you and kill the whole browser list so you can jump from one nameless server to the next without a clue.

Day time setting, I never said 24/7 Day that is something you guys jump to, but that was the only option by making the server time 10 am and restarting every 6 hours, all the arma 2 Dayz servers I run are set to Pacific coast time so I have about 3 hours of day then I keep playing through the night cycle too. Give us a custom server time off-set like normal.

Messaging in game so I can advertising my group that pays for the server seemed harsh well go play somewhere else where there are no messages and you just guess when the next restart will hit you.

Wish List

Private Hive, solves the problem with too many server jumpers that cause trouble and leave like flamers in this threads, Private Hives build a good base of players know each other and if you are a bandit they will know and hunt you down or help if you're in a pinch and need a hand. Did not say anything about adding 10000 cars that is something you all jumped on not what I said.

Load out, yep I run one server with gear and one without but here I would add a pistol, rags, water and can of beans just like the game was first modded and meant to be played so bite me.

Everybody whining that I want to change the game and have a private hive to ruin it. This is what Rocket did to Arma 2 and there is a whole group of Arma 2 players that think you all ruined their game so get off your high horse and play the game how you want and where you want but it was, is and should remain a game based on players wanting to change and shape the game in different ways. That is what made this game so fun, different people playing hive base original, Overwatch, Origins, Epoch ect... all playing their own version of the Dayz they want. 

Guess I'll just have to wait for the next round of flaming Rocket fan boys now

Edited by A_Lucky_Hit
  • Like 1

Wish list:

Private hive 

Load out options

Good god I hope not. Daylight is one thing, but if this game gets infected with 1000 vehicle or start with everything servers It'll be game over for me.

• Like 18

If it doesn't fit no one is forcing you to buy a server. Inform yourself beforehand next time.

• Like 6

No, no, NO!

Full name is fine.. And so are warnings before sever restart... But when you say load out options and private hives.. I think I just have to take this fire-axe over here and kill you :(

• Like 8

could change time for 30 min last night then the update killed that, thanks :P

they are screwing us with server cost of $70 for 30 slots, 4 times that of the Arma 2 Dayz.

Wish list:

Load out options

• Works fine for me, but like you said - it's the update. Alpha!

• It's been way more expensive in the beginning of the Mod and people still hosted servers for the Mod. It's just down to a point where everyone can host a server for the mod and they give you ultimate power, which doesn't necessarily make it better at all.

• Hell no!
Edited by kichilron

No, no, NO!

Full name is fine.. And so are warnings before sever restart... But when you say load out options and private hives.. I think I just have to take this fire-axe over here and kill you :(

Private Hive does help combat the hackers, and I saw a hacker today.

But they also split the community, and that's not very good when trying to develop a game.

Oh for fuck sake people If u dont want to play on a server that lets u have 1000 cars or 1000 of whatever then dont play on the dam server it isnt that hard to understand.. Pick one that is hosted by the game so u can pretend in your little one minded world that ur playing a REAL ZOMBIE game... Most of us just want to Make shit go BOOM and listen to you girls cry about KOS..... Welcome to Dayz !!!

P.S You people are as bad as the people Complaining the Alpha is shit... Get over it!!

Edited by +PL+ Faded
  • Like 2

and so it begins.... the very admins who want extra god powers for paying for server to exploit the game ! rocket keep it basics and give admins the basics nothing that can unbalance gameplay no matter how hard they whine !

its actually fun at the moment knowing you cant be abused by admin and just trying to survive like we were suppose to do.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 6

So I'm helping support the Alpha and paying for the server and I get nothing. I work 10 hours a day commute 1 hour each way leave home when its dark and get home in the dark and I cant even change the day settings on the server I pay for so I can at least play in the daylight. Rocket you suck!! Lighten up and give us some basic functions. Right now I can change the name but not the whole name just one little section still have "Dayz NY" junk in front, I can set restart time but there is no messaging to warn players ingame before it happens just the load in messages, could change time for 30 min last night then the update killed that, thanks :P  Because you set the bar so high for the service providers requirements on what they have to give in way of public servers they are screwing us with server cost of $70 for 30 slots, 4 times that of the Arma 2 Dayz. Not saying you have to give it all but here's the short list.

Must have:

Full name control

Day time settings

Wish list:

Private hive 

Load out options

Uninstall please ...

• Like 4

funny thing is you supposed to run servers for the commuinties who play the game not for your own benefits i did it with groups for many many years not for profit or so i could have great load outs every spawn.

how times have changed nobody wants to earn or do anything that takes time or effort :(

Oh for fuck sake people If u dont want to play on a server that lets u have 1000 cars or 1000 of whatever then dont play on the dam server it isnt that hard to understand.. Pick one that is hosted by the game so u can pretend in your little one minded world that ur playing a REAL ZOMBIE game... Most of us just want to Make shit go BOOM and listen to you girls cry about KOS..... Welcome to Dayz !!!

Then go play BF4 or COD... Thing is, the mod was bastardized by private hives. Not all private hives are bad but a majority of them are. If there's going to be private hives they MUST be limited to keeping the core mechanics of DayZ. Maybe an aptitude test thrown into the mix as to not have every fuckwit with limited mental capacity running a server.

Edited by R.Neville

Then go play BF4 or COD... Thing is, the mod was bastardized by private hives. Not all private hives are bad but a majority of them are. If there's going to be private hives they MUST be limited to keeping the core mechanics of DayZ. Maybe an aptitude test thrown into the mix as to not have every fuckwit with limited mental capacity running a server.

I think your the one that needs to leave and go play BF4 or COD... If you dont want to play on a mod server no one is forcing you too, but yet you all sit and cry about it...

private hives do not in any way combat hackers just as many there as public, if anything the majority of private hive owners just used dayz to make a buck charging people for "premiums" to start with special gear every spawn, and turned the anti-game into a cod type tdm 

• Like 1

I agree with everything except the loadout option, and the day/night option.

because you like to play at night?

or maybe unemployed?

some ppl want to play a whole day/night cicle... and thatswhy it should be adjustable... (of corse maybe 3 options like 3hour 6hour 12hour cicles)

I dont really have a problem with the day/night being adjustable it really doesn't affect much in the greater scheme of things. Its when you start adding in 10000 vehicles and insta self healing etc that really breaks the game and turns it into strictly a tdm with "elite" bandits killing freshspawns with lmgs in elektro 

Must have:

Full name control

Day time settings

Wish list:

Private hive 

Load out options

I lol'd.

I went on a server this morning and it was the night. 

What do you expect from an alpha game about hosting your server ?

So you most likely whinning because you pay to host something unfinished and you're complaining about it.. yeah.. well. 

Life's bi*ch !

I think your the one that needs to leave and go play BF4 or COD... If you dont want to play on a mod server no one is forcing you too, but yet you all sit and cry about it...

No one is forcing you to drop in a game that doesn't give you a gun right away when literally every other FPS game out there does.  

So I'm helping support the Alpha and paying for the server and I get nothing.

Close server, problem solved. You are welcome.

Edited by Mercules
  • Like 3

No one is forcing you to drop in a game that doesn't give you a gun right away when literally every other FPS game out there does.  

Close server, problem solved. You are welcome.

what are you trying to say to me? Did you even read what i had said or did you just not know how to word it to make it sound like i was saying im forced to be in a modded server?

Edited by +PL+ Faded

Indeed we do bro! We keep up on patching and updating usually faster and more efficient the public hives.

Downfall of a private hive-

People can spawn stuff in,

People can admin hack

and other stuff

Thats why you have to find the legit good ones.  ;)

what are you trying to say to me? Did you even read what i had said or did you just not know how to word it to make it sound like i was saying im forced to be in a modded server?

There's a lot of zealous horse riders on this forum, your ideas, logic and argument's are invalid. Join a private community, and we will listen.

Wish list:

Private hive 

Load out options

I hope this doesn't happen.

you know what. stop hosting and go back to the mod,

supporting the alpha is exactly that, supporting it. you shouldn't expect something in return. there are plenty of other servers if you aren't hosting. just play in someone elses and stop complaining.

• Like 4