piffaroni

DayZ Hacks already happening

seen two guys teleport to kill my mate yesterday i was videoing but you cant see there names.

basically i was stuck in a bug under a wall and they teleported as soon as i joined to my previous location on where i spawned they know i was under the building even though i couldnt be seen so some kind of multihack with wall hack was being used. when my mate spawned in they teleported to him and shot him instantly.

seen two guys teleport to kill my mate yesterday i was videoing but you cant see there names.

basically i was stuck in a bug under a wall and they teleported as soon as i joined to my previous location on where i spawned they know i was under the building even though i couldnt be seen so some kind of multihack with wall hack was being used. when my mate spawned in they teleported to him and shot him instantly.

was this before or after the character wipe and patch?

yeah and you can't do anything against those bastards...sorry i hate cheaters -.-

In this game though it is not even close to a problem as other shooters because they can't just give themselves a gun now.

In this game though it is not even close to a problem as other shooters because they can't just give themselves a gun now.

wallhack isn't a problem? lol sorry bro but when you know the location of everyone it is a problem. You can't setup camps, where you store items. And aimbot is a problem too, get killed from a 3000m mosin shot? I think this is a problem....

And this is the reason why a battlefield screenshot system would be good, there you can see how far away he was...

Edited by Scizoo

was this before or after the character wipe and patch?

this was as soon as the servers came back up ! last night.

this was as soon as the servers came back up ! last night.

I think the last patch fixed that security whole...so they shouldn't be able to teleport again or spawn items...

it was at 22.28pm i have a screenshot of the people on the server there was only 10 on so it was someone of the 10 in my screenshot.

Edited by dgeesio

Let's see this video then ... oh wait you don't have one.

Can we ban players in first place before fixing security hole? For example they found security hole, developers know about this and they set a trap. Cheatres who use security hole have been catched and banned. In next step developers are going to fix this hole.

1.) nope, i am not banned and playing fine? just because someone has more information than you does not imply that he is hacking.

We both know what I'm talking about. :)

2.) yep i did, and as i said: i guess i know better what BE can do and cannot.

Yes, you know everything about BE like all the other creators of "undetected" private hacks. ;)

3.) yep, that is exactly what an anti-cheat should take care of: watch the integrity of the process and prevent unwanted access. i do not want to extend this useless discussion, but there are many ways to notice code injections started via createRemoteThread and a custom dll (which is the most straight-forward method you can think of) - and serious anticheat measures like pb or VAC are 1) permanently checking their own address space for modifications and 2) checking their games' space as well, furthermore to the "song of hooks and fire".

Thanks for proving that you know nothing about BE.
  • Like 1

Good god sweet jesus no. I can't think of anything I'd want less. If you died, you died. If someone hacked, they'll get found out and banned sooner or later. We aren't talking minor inconvenience Battleye bans here - VAC bans are a pain in the ass.

BE bans are equally effective or even more effective as VAC bans, because not only will your Steam account be banned (no more cd-keys) from one game but from all other Steam games BE is used on (like Arma 3) as well.

And honestly, most cheaters won't care about being publicly flagged as VAC-banned because they use separate accounts for cheating anyway.

Wrong. 

VAC is NOT enabled, but i see what you are trying and i dont think it works.

5REo2.png

IF you had enabled VAC it would say 5REqB.png

sorry sir. not trying to be rude or anything but lieing isnt good ^^

No, you stop accusing him of lying when you know nothing!

VAC IS indeed enabled in the game's Steamworks integration code. It could be loaded at any time.

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 2

Wrong. 

VAC is NOT enabled, but i see what you are trying and i dont think it works.

5REo2.png

IF you had enabled VAC it would say 5REqB.png

sorry sir. not trying to be rude or anything but lieing isnt good ^^

I'll get valve to add it to the store page

• Like 2

BE bans are equally effective or even more effective as VAC bans, because not only will your Steam account be banned (no more cd-keys) from one game but from all other Steam games BE is used on (like Arma 3) as well.

And honestly, most cheaters won't care about being publicly flagged as VAC-banned because they use separate accounts for cheating anyway.

Huh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for explaining. :)

KBJpGYB.jpg

Done.

And FYI, the store page is not automated and linked to VAC, so just because something does not show up on the store page does not mean it's not enabled.

For shits-n-giggles I could disable the Multiplayer tag if I wanted, but that would not mean that multiplayer would suddenly stop working and/or make me a liar.

• Like 5

You obviously just enabled VAC to save your face.

Has it been enabled since the launch or was it added with the latest patch that fixed security vulnerabilities btw?

Let me get this straight, you think it is more likely that I "enabled VAC to save face" in response to someone on the internet calling me a liar, rather than enable VAC because it has a useful role in securing the game?

• Like 3

Let me get this straight, you think it is more likely that I "enabled VAC to save face" in response to someone on the internet calling me a liar, rather than enable VAC because it has a useful role in securing the game?

Rocket don't waste your breath. 

Thanks for sorting out that VAC on steam store issue. 

• Like 1

Don't you love it when people will out-right point fingers and make up bullshit allegations/facts to prove a non-existent issue.

Rocket, did as he intended to. Development doesn't happen over night, seeing content updates is key. And rocket has delivered. Now, don't think I'm siding here.. but instead of bothering rocket with this bullshit.. Let him code? so these problems are corrected. Or, take a seat, learn some code and start scripting.

Haha, I was joking man. With everything going on can't blame you for not picking up sarcasm over the internet ;)

To be honest, the hacks in theory, should be blocked.

how on earth do you come to that conclusion? of hacks in games were that easy to prevent do you think they would exist at all? why don't you just go and 'block all hacks' if it's so damn easy?

Thanks for proving that you know nothing about BE.

as i said, just try it yourself - but apparently flaming ppl that touched the allmighty holy BE (and without any reasonable argument) like a 10year old has priority... sigh.

lets hope the serverside-checks work properly now - i dont want to get crushed by a stampede of skodas.

Haha, I was joking man. With everything going on can't blame you for not picking up sarcasm over the internet ;)

Oh, whoops. :D

No hard feelings then!

• Like 2