Sign in to follow this  
BigBennyLava

What guns do you want to see?

That said I can see there being lots of attachments but I dont see lmgs, and anti material rifles etc being added to the SA 

Neither do I! Matt pretty much said the latter will not be included way back at E3 I believe. Doesn't mean I don't think they'd be great in SA.

My point was that assault rifles and other moderate "military" weapons (i.e. Battle Rifles/DMRs, dedicated sniper rifles, "tactical pistols", "tactical shotguns", PDWs, and SMGs) shouldn't all be lumped together and therefore categorically dismissed in favor of a purely "civilian" lineup.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Knives. More knives. Throwing knives and a selection of sheaths.

Throwing knives are silly.  If you have ever actually practiced with one you would realize that: it's a difficult art to master.  Also, they only work at specifed ranges of rotation for that knife.  If your knife rotates 1-1/2 times at 15 feet, you need to do some very quick mental calculation about your range and which end you should throw from.  Or should you alter your practiced throw by rushing or slowing it?  (disaster)  Every video game makes a thrown knife an instant hit/kill.  BS.  At best, an unskilled knife thrower has a 1 in 6 chance of making a blade even stick in a given target.  At best.  Is that a nick, a glancing blow, or a 6 inch deep puncture?  If you had to throw a knife at a zombie, you're already dead.

Neither do I! Matt pretty much said the latter will not be included way back at E3 I believe. Doesn't mean I don't think they'd be great in SA.

My point was that assault rifles and other moderate "military" weapons (i.e. Battle Rifles/DMRs, dedicated sniper rifles, "tactical pistols", "tactical shotguns", PDWs, and SMGs) shouldn't all be lumped together and therefore categorically dismissed in favor of a purely "civilian" lineup.

Im in agreement with you. Shocking agreeing with someone on the internet! The problem with the mod was you had waaaay too many people running around with 249s, 240s, etc killing freshly spawned people and then squawking about being elite bandits. Im all for having some bolt action snipers, tactical shotties etc as long as the ammo for such weapons isnt extremely easy to come by

• Like 1

Im in agreement with you. Shocking agreeing with someone on the internet! The problem with the mod was you had waaaay too many people running around with 249s, 240s, etc killing freshly spawned people and then squawking about being elite bandits. Im all for having some bolt action snipers, tactical shotties etc as long as the ammo for such weapons isnt extremely easy to come by

Agreed. I still have yet to find a mag for the FNX45. Kind of annoying, especially considering I've found like ten STANAG variants. I just want a damn mag for my pistol!

Flare gun

Medival russian melee weapons at the castles/surroudning (could have rus clothing/armors too)

macgyver type crafting recipies - use the flashlight and a shotgun shell in some kind of makeshift cannon, flamethrower, etc...

Chainsaw

AKs

Hunting rifles

Civ Shotguns

SVDs

Basically anything you'd realistically see in an ex-soviet state.

As the title said. Please no flaming about 'this or that shouldn't be in the game because of X/Y reason'.

I'd like to see..

-Beretta M9

-Some kind of hunting revolver (a .44 S&W would be nice!)

-Remington 700

-SCAR-H (perhaps a bit rare to find unless it comes in a chopper, in which case Spec Ops have it)

-G36 (K, C, any of them)

No Scar H. This is a post soviet state, not the US. The Chernarussian Army don't use dat shit.I doubt 44. S&W would be very common

PPSH.

Tokarev.

MP40.

Luger.

Mauser Kar98.

Pike.

Mace.

Broad Swords.

Falchions.

Cossack Sabers. (If the Tsars ever had any dominance in Chernarussia)

Flails.

Morningstar.

Fauchards
  Glaives
  Guisarmes
  Halberds
  • Like 1

M24

DMR

M240B (.338 Mag)

Deaset Eagle

G36's

AUG

P90

MP5

and my fav the Fully Auto Shotgun the AA-12

Lol go back to CoD please

• Like 2

No Scar H. This is a post soviet state, not the US. The Chernarussian Army don't use dat shit.I doubt 44. S&W would be very common

It's Chernarus, a fictional country. Enduring the zombie apocalypse, a fictional occurance. Not to mention that NATO (or whatever NATO analog) clearly played a role in the outbreak (see availability of AR-15's in the mod/standalone, crashed UH-1Y helicopters, etc.) Either way, the USMC intervened in Chernarus in the canon of ARMA 2. Therefore, NATO weapons could be found in Chernarus.

Not to mention that most modern former Soviet-bloc states employ weapon systems from abroad, see Czech Republic (the country on which Chernarus is based) using AR-15's and Mk 48's for their SF. Also see Poland, Latvia, and Georgia.

More weapons of all kinds please. Less discrimination as outlined in the OP.

EDIT - That and Chernarus borders Takistan, another fictional country which had a heavy NATO presence.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

Please stop me if this seems too crazy....

I'd love to see a crossbow added that does more damage and has a better sight for improved accuracy. The RPers that play DayZ would probably love to go Daryl Dixon on the zombies.

Maybe make craftable bolts for the crossbow too.

No! No! NO!

This is Chernarus, which is based on the Czech Republic. It's a poor, shitty country which has been at war for a long period of time.

They will not have M24's, MP7's or other modern military equipment.

We should be happy to find a Mosin or an AK variant. Having a .22 in-game would be so awesome. They can easily kill at around 100 meters and they're silent.

They are very realistic as they are used for pest control everywhere all over the word.

I know there's been American troops in the country, but there just shouldn't be M4's and M14's everywhere. They should be rarer than the old M136.

• Like 2

Please stop me if this seems too crazy....

I'd love to see a crossbow added that does more damage and has a better sight for improved accuracy. The RPers that play DayZ would probably love to go Daryl Dixon on the zombies.

Maybe make craftable bolts for the crossbow too.

And I just want to add, the crossbow should kill mainly by bleeding. It's not a hunting rifle which instantly turns chest cavities to jello, it fires arrows at low speeds. It's a well-known fact that crossbows simply do not have the instant shock and killing power of modern rifles. Arrows cause death by bleeding or suffocation.

However, look at hunting broadheads...

x5FMLmL.jpg

ukvXwXi.jpg?1

Clearly very nasty stuff. Razor-sharp blades for cutting large wound channels.

I feel like it would be a cool and authentic difference so crossbows didn't feel like "just another gun". Naturally it would be massive bleeding, not the type to let people run behind cover and bandage with a torn-up shirt. No time.

• Like 1

I'd like to see more rare, exotic weaponry: Compound bows, Blowpipe, [post=http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/mleightonsmith/WELROD_ISO_2.jpg]Welrod, a Katana etc.

I highly doubt you're going to find a Welrod in Chernarus. Very few of them were built and even fewer survive to this day. Most of them are either owned by museums and/or privately owned and I could guess that maybe 4-5 of those are outside of the US/UK.

I really want to see some civillian style weapons. Some .22 calibur guns would be great.

• Like 2

Totally agree, I'm okay with a few sparse omfgdelta sexed up automatics, but I'd really like to keep DayZ as a survival experience, rather than have everyone dressed up as SWAT members.