diddums

I just can't do it.

because it is high enough to discourage those who would probably not enjoy the experience even if it were very cheap

Sadly that doesn't seem to be wholly true, there are still a lot of players complaining about how they got "ripped off"

They were warned about it.

It is like buying a tv from the back of a van and the guy goes "by the way this tv doesn't work properly"

You can't plug it in and complain when it doesn't work. You were warned.

The only reason I'm hesitant is the minimal zombies, and lack of vehicles, but most of all I don't want to buy it and then only three months down the road hackers start popping up again. That is a 100% Deal Breaker if people start teleporting around and spawning things in. It's just not gonna work. Thunder Domes all over again. I shudder at the thought.

Sadly that doesn't seem to be wholly true, there are still a lot of players complaining about how they got "ripped off"

They were warned about it.

It is like buying a tv from the back of a van and the guy goes "by the way this tv doesn't work properly"

You can't plug it in and complain when it doesn't work. You were warned.

People will always complain, and even a small number will seem loud. By all accounts, the release has been far more successful that I had expected.

• Like 4

it is high enough to discourage those who would probably not enjoy the experience even if it were very cheap

Sadly enough he's just coming here to troll and does nothing bot moaning about the price with no actual reasoning behind it.

• Like 1

The only reason I'm hesitant is the minimal zombies, and lack of vehicles, but most of all I don't want to buy it and then only three months down the road hackers start popping up again. That is a 100% Deal Breaker if people start teleporting around and spawning things in. It's just not gonna work. Thunder Domes all over again. I shudder at the thought.

That won't happen, the DayZ mod was extremely vulnerable in terms of scripts, the SA is not. Worst case is that some guy might have god mode or speed hacks but he would get perma banned for it quickly.

• Like 1

People will always complain, and even a small number will seem loud. By all accounts, the release has been far more successful that I had expected.

I was expecting a thousand hardcore players looking to help fund the development but not 150K, I have not stopped playing for more than an hour since it was released, thanks for the hard work put in to the game so far and the hard work currently still being put in to it! 

• Like 1

My view on the game has been let down too: Im not sure, partly because i feel its been Rushed. And that the devs had given it out just because of pressure. Or it just looks boring, i know this sounds terrible but I'm feeling like the money will go to waste.

-Wolfy

This is not a necessarily invalid opinion but it is an uninformed one. What were you expecting in the months leading up to the "release"?

People will always defend, and even a small number will seem loud. By all accounts the initial sales were going to be outstanding no matter what.

In all honesty, the SA release far surpassed my expectations, which were rather low after seeing your dev blogs on them. People will always complain, but please stick to your guns, the hard loot is just amazing, the fact that water and food is actually an important factor is great, the far rarer weapons have led to intense melee struggles. 

Dayz, for the first time in a long time is feeling more like a survival game and much less like a team deathmatch. 

Keep it going

• Like 3

That won't happen, the DayZ mod was extremely vulnerable in terms of scripts, the SA is not. Worst case is that some guy might have god mode or speed hacks but he would get perma banned for it quickly.

I'll wait just the same, Unless there's a refund button I can press as soon as they start showing up.

I'll wait just the same, Unless there's a refund button I can press as soon as they start showing up.

You should wait, that is what the development team have been saying. The Early access is to help report bugs, not to play the fully bug free game early. The discounted price is technically "payment" for helping report bugs.

You warned folks about alpha, if they did not listen or were too stupid to understand what alpha is, then they deserve no pitty.

Btw I wonder if DayZ SA would ever come to be, if you had family with kids and if Arma engine were not available for you.

Why do you feel the need to point out what folks could've done with the money, and why are you incapable of talking about something else? It's literally every single post you make.

The clue is in the name...

• Like 1

People will always defend, and even a small number will seem loud. By all accounts the initial sales were going to be outstanding no matter what.

..I don't think he's referring to money. I think he's referring to the fact that the servers didn't immediately implode under the strain of 150 000 players trying to get on at once. Fantastic job Rocket and team! (Team rocket?)

I have felt this way with many games, some recommended on here. I felt for one second I would be deflated once I had it in my library, never happened.

As the R man says, don't buy it yet, too many issues with the game. I bought it so I could help with bug reporting, until the game is stable at least. I have invested a long time on here and in DayZ, it's something I will continue to support because it is a real game.

Though considering you are a tube streamer and I am a Subber, I am slightly worried about you missing one of this years biggest releases. One I got to know you from (and your hats)

You my friend need a holiday, the past month must been hard for you, as your witty retorts are far and few between. Get your close mates round and get hammered, blow off some steam and find yourself again.

We all get low, let's pick up.

• Like 1

SimCity beg's to differ, along with Rome TW2, many other games having very successful preorders.

Are you saying that people who pre-ordered EA's recent SimCity were in their right mind? Lol.

So you are going to be more surprised this weekend then, people off work, money to spend. 88000 copies sold in 12 hours will seem like a distant memory by next month.

We'll done, now release a limited edition for those who love your idea.

• Like 1

I bought it just so I can axe people to death every chance I get.

Good luck, the aiming and hitting detection with the axe is like... like.. just comeplete.. *****.  Its like your blindfolded.

• Like 2

EDIT: Rocket, I was in no way implying that the game is not good, merely that I'm just not interested right now. As said above, it's me, not the game. 

Hello there

Remember, that like yourself, Rocket like me has a unique way of communicating. He is very much "to the point" and can seem brusque on occasion it's not personal.

You're just used to my gentle kid gloves.

He means well, just leave him a cookie and you'll see he's quite cuddly really.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

You my friend need a holiday, the past month must been hard for you, as your witty retorts are far and few between. Get your close mates round and get hammered, blow off some steam and find yourself again.

This guy knows things. Listen to him.

• Like 1

Sounds like your just a bit fatigued start the dayz download, go for a run, take a shower and play. :)

• Like 1

Why wouldn't you buy it, it's brilliant. Stop being a drama queen and get your arse on the Alpha, son. :)

• Like 1

Game's gonna hafta wait, xmas is proving to be rather expensive this year. 

I must admit, I'm dying to play it though.