jjeez

Is 3rd person really going away?

I despise 3rd person so much that I would not play DayZ if it only had 3rd person. But, since it is a server option, I have no problem with it. That is why I rent my own server--I can set the options to whatever I want. I say leave 3rd person in.

3rd person is really the favourite tool of easy-mode bandit players. It allows good 360 vision, excellent spacial awareness, without having to actually move and reveal your position. Why I consider it Hello Kitty and any hardcore badass player should despise it.

Funny how these so-called badasses are so quick to press the "carebear alarm" button whenever someone mentions PvP, and claim those want an "easier game" while they are hardcore badasses. However when suggestions come for making the game actually more difficult and more of a challenge they go all rainbow and "oh, let people play it the way they want" even if your out-of-body experience is more unrealistic than any of the "what would actually happen in a zombie apocalypse" debates.

3rd person is basically a must for me, I can't play with first person only, i switch between the two quite often to get a good view of my surroundings, if you got 3 monitors and FoV set as high as it can go, then your peripheral vision can be accounted for almost perfectly but, for ppl with one screen we need to make do with 3DP.

I don't play on 3dp:off servers, so basically i would probably stop playing dayz if they remove the 3dp.

crosshair off is fine, use ironsights anyway. but yeah no 3dp, just wouldn't be fair against the FoV maxing, 10 screen elitists.

I can manage without 3rd person view, but I like using it when I'm just running through the countryside etc, just to have something to look at.

First person is realistic. 3rd person is retarded' date=' you're not going to have that IRL.

[/quote']

nor will weapons and food spawn on the floor of buildings, do you advocate removing weapon and food spawns?

Herp derp i pose a completely irrelevant counter argument to this other argument that I dislike.

Atta boy - keep on trolling.

First person is realistic. 3rd person is retarded' date=' you're not going to have that IRL.

[/quote']

nor will weapons and food spawn on the floor of buildings, do you advocate removing weapon and food spawns?

Herp derp i pose a completely irrelevant counter argument to this other argument that I dislike.

Atta boy - keep on trolling.

how is it irrelevant? do you claim guns pawning out of thin air is realistic?

how is guns and ammo spawning out of thin air more realistic than having the option of a third person view?

It is irrelevant to the topic of THIS thread you dolt. There are plenty of other threads on that particular subject you can participate in, but don't derail the thread by bringing in completely unrelated game mechanics into this one.

christ i hope not, its perfect the way it is as an option so why in the fuck would you want to limit choice in how you choose to play the game

christ i hope not' date=' its perfect the way it is as an option so why in the fuck would you want to limit choice in how you choose to play the game

[/quote']

What about those that want side chat?

What about those that don't want PvP?

What about those that want Co-op play?

What about those that want harder zombies and more challenge?

What about those that don't want night time?

What about those that don't want day time?

What about those that don't want hunger, thirst, sickness?

"so why in the fuck would you want to limit choice in how you choose to play the game"???

Because fuck you that's why the game is meant to be hard thats why and shouldn't be made easier for some...

christ i hope not' date=' its perfect the way it is as an option so why in the fuck would you want to limit choice in how you choose to play the game

[/quote']

Because third person gives you an unfair sight advantage. Done.

[/quote']

I actually think this type of argument is flawd. how can it give anyone an unfair advantage since it is server side option?

If, say player A, is using 3rd person view it means any other player encountering player A will also be able to use 3rd person view.

If that other player chooses to use it or not is a whole other discussion but not one about (un)fair advantage.

Personally I think the fps performance needs to be SERIOUSLY improved before implementing a blanket 1st person view. Like, since recent updates (1.7.1.5) my fps has improved dramatically. And I can now play in 1st person with not too much difficulty (until I enter a big city)

But before the fps improvements (and still in big cities) 1st person is 100% totally unplayable for me. I havent got the best computer, and when the framerate drops to 20-30 it makes it almost impossible to see a thing in 1st person. I know quite a few people who play dayz on laptops, who would just be forced to quit altogether if 1st person was enforced without the fps performance increase to allow it.

I actually think this type of argument is flawd. how can it give anyone an unfair advantage since it is server side option?

If' date=' say player A, is using 3rd person view it means any other player encountering player A will also be able to use 3rd person view.

If that other player chooses to use it or not is a whole other discussion but not one about (un)fair advantage.

[/quote']

Lets use a quick example scenario:

Player A is hiding behind building somewhere on a corner. Due to the 3rd person view they can see around the corner because of the 3rd person view.

Player B is approaching aforementioned building. Player B can see Player A from as far away as the view range permits, Player B cannot see Player A until he reaches the same corner, by then it would be too late because Player A already has knowledge of Player B's location and can roll out and take a shot before Player A even has any time to respond.

In first person view, Player A would have to actually peek around the corner using Q/E, which gives Player B a visual cue due to the model peeking out.

Basic optic logic.

If it is ppl will get over it just like all the other stuff that got taken out. I would love it personally

I don't think people will "get over it". Why would you love it personally? Do you feel you might get killed easier? Tough luck' date=' join a 3DP:off server. Why bring everyone down with you? That's like saying, I cant eat, so no one gets to eat *Flips dinner table* when in reality, you can eat, and so can everyone else.

[hr']

Lets use a quick example scenario:

Player A is hiding behind building somewhere on a corner. Due to the 3rd person view they can see around the corner because of the 3rd person view.

Player B is approaching aforementioned building. Player B can see Player A from as far away as the view range permits' date=' Player B cannot see Player A until he reaches the same corner, by then it would be too late because Player A already has knowledge of Player B's location and can roll out and take a shot before Player A even has any time to respond.

In first person view, Player A would have to actually peek around the corner using Q/E, which gives Player B a visual cue due to the model peeking out.

Basic optic logic.

[/quote']

how can it give anyone an unfair advantage since it is server side option?

Basic reading comprehension.

Basic gameplay mechanic comprehension - you lack it.

:huh: Do you even know what server side option means?

[/quote']

THEN PLAY A SERVER THAT IS 3DP:OFF

I really enjoy no crosshair servers but I think 3rd person angle can definitely be helpful in certain situations especially when prone.

Mansen your a moron

its the players choice to play on a server with 3rd person or not there is no unfair advantage

3rd persone gone = 80% of players gone I think ,

Nobody wants to puke every 10 mins while palyin a game or when your laying in the grass to see only grass >_>

:huh: Do you even know what server side option means?

[/quote']

THEN PLAY A SERVER THAT IS 3DP:OFF

nightpaws is an idiot. everyone should be forced to play 1st person because its so hardcore and realistic even though other elements of the game are far more unrealistic. why cant you carebear get it through your head

nightpaws is an idiot. everyone should be forced to play 1st person because its so hardcore and realistic even though other elements of the game are far more unrealistic. why cant you carebear get it through your head

lol, such as which elements?

Finding a gun and ammo in a barn. Ok, in RL they're only so easily available in USA, but still...I walk into a barn, find a gun. Yup. Sounds plausible.

Having 360 vision while your head is pointing in one direction? Unless you're a rabbit, not possible at all. Are you a rabbit in game? No.

If third person goes away I will stop playing this mod. Mandating first person is just dumb. You want a sell-able product? Don't do such a stupid thing.

no 3rd view, no crosshair, no ammo numbers in top right screen