jjeez

Is 3rd person really going away?

Mansen your a moron

its the players choice to play on a server with 3rd person or not there is no unfair advantage

You're* - If anything you seem to be simple minded. And if you missed the topic, the discussion was whether the 3rd person was forcibly disabled by Rocket - not whether it should be a server choice (which it won't be)

Mansen your a moron

its the players choice to play on a server with 3rd person or not there is no unfair advantage

You're* - If anything you seem to be simple minded. And if you missed the topic' date=' the discussion was whether the 3rd person was forcibly disabled by Rocket - not whether it should be a server choice (which it won't be)

[/quote']

nobody could be that stupid

Inside voice - You're making it seem like you have something valid to say when in fact you do not.

Ssssssshh.... :sleepy:

Mansen your a moron

You're* - If anything you seem to be simple minded. And if you missed the topic' date=' the discussion was whether the 3rd person was forcibly disabled by Rocket - not whether it should be a server choice (which it won't be)

[/quote']

So it will no longer be a server side option in the future? Will third person be definitively disabled? If so I'm almost tempted to get a refund and I've never returned an item except maybe a christmas gift.

Well, I'd say: Let the people choose.

I personalyl hate the servers with crosshairs, and I avoid them as much as possible.

I like the 3rd Person view for travelling far distances, it gives a steady view and you can spot others more easy as in the shaky 1st person view while running. And I like to be able to lie next to an object, being invisible to others, but being able to see them. To me this is kind of cheating, but the people screaming for 3rd person are asking for exactly this.

If I can choose, I will always connect to a hradore server with everything disabled. I even like to play at night, although I do not own NVGs.

In the end it's just what you prefer: Easy or Hard. Check your balls and find out what server is right for you.:P

But remember: Every advantage you are getting from using the kiddie mode, all other players on that server will have, too. :cool:

i wouldnt be able to play if they took 3rd person away

1st Person makes my eyes hurt

dont know why but it does =/

With the whole 'looking around corners' thing... so? Fairly easy to do the same in first person as well.

LOL @ the little girls threatening to leave. MMMMMM tears. Goodbye, the mod is doing great and the player base is growing. The only reason you are leaving is because you like peeking around corners and seeing above the grass when you go prone. Summer camp is over.

Not likely. But personally' date=' i would like to see all the servers have the same rules, no 3rd person & no crosshair.

[/quote']

I'd love all servers to be 3rd person and crosshair ON.

There's nothing realistic about turning it off, the 1st person feels weird and who the hell can miss a target 3 feet away in real life?

Really? You bring realism into this?

Here's your realism, buddy.

And people who whine about low body awareness in 1st person, learn to use left-alt; problem solved.

Also protip: you can change your FOV from the .cfg file so no more whining about low visibility.

This is not a flame against you so plz dont take it that way...

But why the fuck do people demand we play the game THIER way? If I like to play a game in 3rd person then let me play it that way. If I like cross hairs in game...then let me play that way.

I personally wouldn't mind if all the different server types had different characters. Hell' date=' ditch the whole hive database and give all the servers different characters altogether.

The argument about this being more realistic than that....is just stupid. In real life you have very sensitive positioinal audio (games try to mimic but still not near what you have in life), you have periphial (sp?) vision, you have a "sense" of things around you, first person doesnt have that in games.

All Im saying is if you want the uber 1337 bragging rights...then find a Verteran/hard mode server. If people want to play "creampuff" dayz then let them. I choose in between usually (third person, no cross hairs, no game tags, no white dots showing me where enemy are).

As for the realism part, check the video in my post for laughs.

I don't even see why there's an argument? Leave it server side so it can accommodate all player types. I mean, trying to get it disabled across every server is kinda selfish, cause that's then forcing everyone to play your play style rather then giving people the option. Don't like third person? Fine, go to a first person only server, there's loads of them. But please don't force me, or along with many others to play your way, when we don't want to.

You say its an advantage, but it's an advantage that everyone has got within that server. Quite frankly, everyone knows that you can't even shoot in third person as well as you can in first person, so in this aspect it kinda balances. Not to mention this game isn't a First person shooter, so you shouldn't be forced to play the game as such

I don't understand where the whole "it gives an unfair advantage" argument comes from. If you're on a 3rd person enabled server, you have it with everyone else, therefor it's not at all an advantage. If you don't like it, play on a first person only server and no one has the "unfair advantage" you speak of. Either way, it's in no way an advantage or unfair, since everyone can use it on the server with it enabled.

Removing simple options like this will hurt the popularity of the game more than help it. You think people are sitting there right now watching the Dayz forums saying, if they remove third person I will play this game for sure? Of course not. If you remove it, people WILL stop playing. Me personally, I play third person servers and so do 8 of my friends I play with. If it were to be removed, I would stop playing because first person in this game gives me a headache and it feels like I'm playing on a railway track, the movement is so clunky and in your face, the animations are terrible for movement and it's just bad imo. That's my opinion and that's why I respect that some people dislike third person also.

Keep it how it is, options never hinder a game's growth, lack of options does.

I don't understand where the whole "it gives an unfair advantage" argument comes from. If you're on a 3rd person enabled server' date=' you have it with everyone else, therefor it's not at all an advantage. If you don't like it, play on a first person only server and no one has the "unfair advantage" you speak of. Either way, it's in no way an advantage or unfair, since everyone can use it on the server with it enabled.

Removing simple options like this will hurt the popularity of the game more than help it. You think people are sitting there right now watching the Dayz forums saying, if they remove third person I will play this game for sure? Of course not. If you remove it, people WILL stop playing. Me personally, I play third person servers and so do 8 of my friends I play with. If it were to be removed, I would stop playing because first person in this game gives me a headache and it feels like I'm playing on a railway track, the movement is so clunky and in your face, the animations are terrible for movement and it's just bad imo. That's my opinion and that's why I respect that some people dislike third person also.

Keep it how it is, options never hinder a game's growth, lack of options does.

[/quote']

If the enemy is behind a wall and you are not he has an unfair advantage.

If the enemy is hiding in a small bush he can see out of with 3rd person he has an unfair advantage.

If the enemy is behind a wall and you are not he has an unfair advantage.

If the enemy is hiding in a small bush he can see out of with 3rd person he has an unfair advantage.

That is why you can play purely on 3DP off servers.

Personaly I like 3rd person, I hate crawling in first person, makes my eyes hurt.

And no, its not cheat but rather server settings.

Wish you people had stopped forcing your opinions on others, but rather chosen server with settings that suits you.

As I recall 3rd person was implemented by BIS to allow for more realistic situational awareness. In reality you are far more aware of your surroundings IRL than you are in 1st person in the game. I use 3rd person when I'm moving as I can see more than just in a straight line. Darting your eyes, moving your head slightly, those things can't be put into the game easily.

And you can't see very far behind yourself anyhow, usually someone won't need to sit on you to shoot you in the back of the head. Unless they like that kind of thing.

If he is going for realism, then removing the 3rd person would be logical. Third person makes sneaking and stalking EZ-mode.

Jesus, would a mod please shut this thing down, it's giving the wrong impression. It's never been stated that it was going away. Dev team's never even mentioned it as an issue.

Nametags off on all servers.

Crosshairs off on all servers.

Leave 1st and 3rd person as an option for the server admins to decide.

Let the players choose what and how they want to play.

Those who wants hardcore, play on servers that doesn't allow 3rd person. Problem solved.

Those who wants the casual, go on servers that allows 3rd person. Problem solved.

I don't know what the big fuzz is all about, calling 3rd person "an advantage you shouldn't have". I mean, if you play on servers that allow 3rd person, you have that advantage too. It's equal, it's all good, why whine about it? If you go on a server where 3rd person is on, but you choose to play all hardcore and stick to 1st person, that's fine, but don't whine about other players "cheating by using 3rd person", you have the very same option as well - you just choose not to use it, and in doing so, you're making it a disadvantage to yourself.

And that's nothing else but stupidity.

I hope it go away, just like I hope servers names and rules are stream lined and consistant.

If they take away third-person (which I hope not), I'm pretty sure they'll lose a lot of players. I would actually stop playing this game if that happened.

Can't believe the amount of people on here demanding what they think they are entitled too!! Stop behaving like spoilt brats, pick ya dummy's up and play on the vast amount of servers that don't have 3rd on!!!

Better yet go rent a server and then you can enforce what ever the hell you want! Jeez!!!