OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Hi I am MyDirtySlippaz and I have made this post to ask you guys one question...

Can My Desktop Run Dayz? I have just bought a new desktop and it is brilliant on all the games I have played so far but I am not sure about Dayz.

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD FX-4300

Windows: Windows 8

Harddrive: 1TB

RAM: 8GB

Memory: 8GB

GHz: 3.8

Cache Memory: 4MB

Thanks and would be great full for a response :)

Thanks and would be great full for a response :)

Merged

Hi I am MyDirtySlippaz and I have made this post to ask you guys one question...

Can My Desktop Run Dayz? I have just bought a new desktop and it is brilliant on all the games I have played so far but I am not sure about Dayz.

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD FX-4300

Windows: WINDOWS 8arrow-10x10.png

Harddrive: 1TB

RAM: 8GB

Memory: 8GB

GHz: 3.8

Cache Memory: 4MB

Thanks and would be great full for a response

Hey. I've recently been thinking about purchasing DayZ, I've come here to ask you guys if is there any possiblity I can run it?

Windows 7

Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs) ~3.1GHz

Nvidia Geforce GT 220

4GB

I know my specs pretty much suck. Is there any possibility I can run this game?

Anyone, please?

I have just recently bought a new gaming pc and i was wondering if these specs could run DayZ on good settings?

Processor Brand Intel

Processor Type Core i5

RAM Size 8 GB

Hard Drive Size 1000 GB

Graphics Card Description Nvidia Geforce GTX 750TI 2gb GDDR5 with HDMI

Graphics Card Ram Size 2 GB

Operating System Windows 7

I have just recently bought a new gaming pc and i was wondering if these specs could run DayZ on good settings?

Processor Brand Intel

Processor Type Core i5

RAM Size 8 GB

Hard Drive Size 1000 GB

Graphics Card Description Nvidia Geforce GTX 750TI 2gb GDDR5 with HDMI

Graphics Card Ram Size 2 GB

Operating System Windows 7

help pls

laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366x768

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Graphics card:GeForce GT 740M

RAM:*6.1 GB

SSD? (Yes/No)no

please tell me if i can run it!thanks in advance!

Hopefully someone can help me on this.

Heres the system i plan on ordering tomorrow.

CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core $118.98 Motherboard ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ $59.99 Memory A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $72.99 Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $52.91 Video Card XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Double Dissipation $119.98 Case NZXT Source 210 Window ATX Mid Tower $40.98 Power Supply EVGA 430W ATX12V / EPS12V $27.99 Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98

Will it be able to play dayz?  Im not even on a 1080p monitor yet so im guessing that should help with playability?  Will upgrade in a few weeks to a better monitor and cpu cooler.  Also getting a ssd sooner than later.

Edited by MichiganGamer

I added some money onto my Steam account, and after watching some gameplay, I got interested in DayZ. I'm not gonna buy a game that I won't be able to run, so please tell me if my specs are good enough for medium-high settings.

Windows Vista SP2

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ 2.80GHz

3.00 RAM

32-bit OS

If not, just tell me what specs I need for medium-high gameplay.

Edited by Cyrnis

Dont buy it if you're gonna run it with that setup.

I have a hard time getting 30 fps in cities with a GTX 570 and a i5 2500k, so get something similar I'd say if you want to enjoy the game still.

DayZ is unoptimized, and as such you basically need a $2000+ workstation to play it like it was.

But, I mean, I cannot imagine if your entire computer is a motherboard, a dual core processor sub 3ghz, some assorted ram and presumably a psu in a case, that it will ever play DayZ SA. Maybe upon full release minimum graphics?

I am planning to (eventually) order a custom laptop from XoticPC. In particular, I want the Sager NP8278-s; it seemed like the cheapest way to get the new 880M and 16GB of RAM. Along with the important bits (CPU/GPU/etc), the purchase will include copper heatsinks and the IC thermal coolant addons. While I'll also eventually purchase a fan, I want to keep this laptop cold... or at least as cold as I can.

Resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: i7 4810MQ
GPU: GTX 880M (8GB)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x8).
SSD? The Sager can fit 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs (and sometimes another, meaning 2+2+1). The OS (Windows 8.1) will a 120GB Crucial M5 mSATA SSD (it's unlikely-less than a 0.0001% chance-I'll buy 2 and put them in RAID-0), but my games will be installed to a 1TB 7200RPM SATAII. I don't know how it makes a difference in game performance but the OP asks for it.

This laptop (no, desktop is not an option) is intended for regular heavy gaming (2014-2016 games at high/ultra). FarCry 4, ArmA 3, and DayZ are expected to be played fluently at high/mixed settings.
While 16GB is easily excessive for video games, I expect to be spending a lot of time editing 1080p videos in Sony Vegas as well as photoshop. I expect the 880M's CUDA + the 4810MQ should be able to render 1080p <30 minute videos in under 2 hours? I don't know what to expect there.

And a more general PC question: Would it be better to record to my SSD or my HDD? I don't want to run the TRIM command every time I finish a 15GB project and delete the recording from my SSD. Is 7200RPM (3gb/s) enough to record 60FPS, 1080p? 720p?

I added some money onto my Steam account, and after watching some gameplay, I got interested in DayZ. I'm not gonna buy a game that I won't be able to run, so please tell me if my specs are good enough for medium-high settings.

Windows Vista SP2

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ 2.80GHz

3.00 RAM

32-bit OS

If not, just tell me what specs I need for medium-high gameplay.

I wouldn't run it on that setup if I were you.  With those specs you'll struggle on even low settings.  I built my workstation for $3,500 and max out at a meager ~30fps on medium settings.

It most certainly will not run without a graphics card.

I wouldn't run it on that setup if I were you.  With those specs you'll struggle on even low settings.  I built my workstation for $3,500 and max out at a meager ~30fps on medium settings.

Thanks anyway.

DayZ is unoptimized, and as such you basically need a $2000+ workstation to play it like it was.

But, I mean, I cannot imagine if your entire computer is a motherboard, a dual core processor sub 3ghz, some assorted ram and presumably a psu in a case, that it will ever play DayZ SA. Maybe upon full release minimum graphics?

as unoptimized as it is, my $550-$640 rig can play it just fine, bought a $40 dollar graphics card. system requirements lab is decent to finding out how good your setup is.

Hey all , just about to build a machine to play dayz on, have 2 builds in mind, but not sure which one.will I overclock or stay standard.

Intel i5 4690k

Asus z97m-plus

8 gb ram

Asus R9 280x direct cu 2

Windows 8.1

Or

Intel i5 4590

Asrock fatality h97 performance

8g ram

Asus r9 280x direct cu 2

Windows 8.1

Will I notice much difference in gameplay with game in current state between the 2 ?

And will they run it ok ?

Thanks