iongaming33@aim.com

Are There Only 3 Guns On 1st Release?

Rocket thanks for clarification.

I know this is going to just be another "oh god the player base is asking for more content before the game is even in the beta" but......
I would love you forever if you put the Winchester back in, as you can see Winnie as commonly called by those whom use it has a real cult following.
So much so the last Episode of the Walking Dead featured a leaver action Winchester which I am sure was influenced by DayZ mod.

I love this game so much and it is only day 1, I would be happy if you said this is how the game is :)

I completely realise time is required to model and animate the weapons and you guys have a lot to do, I am just seeing validation that it is on your to do list in the long run :P  

Thank you so much for this game!

keep your Makarov's LOL If I got my wish there would be a .44 revolver and the .357, they would look badass in the new holster.

Speaking of the Holster anyone seen a Hip holster?

I haven't seen a hip holster anywhere, but I am liking the sexy chest holster with one of my FX9's in it. To bad the FX9 doesn't render as being in the holster on the character screen though.

Yep! They all look great though, save for the shotgun which I have yet to see. There'll be more added, as others and Rocket have noted.

There's also an old screen of a Mauser, though it could've been taken out for various reasons (i.e. placeholder, not configured, etc.) Same applies to the AK-74M we saw way back when. I wouldn't worry, there'll be more weapons to come. I'd enjoy the readily spawning M4's while it lasts. I've found more M4's than I've found Mosins, by a ratio of 5:1.

So how do you use them? If I try to drag them and load them into the rifle I get an error that they don't fit. If I try to split them, it tells me I don't have enough. What am I doing wrong?

youve got to empty the box, that option first, so you have loose rnds in your inventory, took me a while to suss too. ;)

• Like 1

I know this is going to just be another "oh god the player base is asking for more content before the game is even in the beta" but......

I would love you forever if you put the Winchester back in, as you can see Winnie as commonly called by those whom use it has a real cult following.

So much so the last Episode of the Walking Dead featured a leaver action Winchester which I am sure was influenced by DayZ mod.

I kind of doubt that... it's a common gun, they sold millions and millions in the US alone.

However they're not popular in Europe, at all. The bolt action rules. I assume they'd mostly be owned only by people interested in American lever-actions or the Old West, not as serious hunting guns. For this reason I don't want to see one but I'm probably in the minority.

Speaking of guns, I want my M4 to zoom in like in all ArmA games, I can barely see anything past 50 meters without jacking up my FOV. Should appear closer to the eye like so:

XvCj1zH.jpg?1

Forget guns. Knives are superior.

j5f1fo.jpg

Here's hoping Rocket implements the ability to THROW knives. Do want.

• Like 8

There shouldnt be a ton of military grade weapons in the game, the standalone is a zombie survial game not a military sim like arma was. >90% of the population isn't going to know how to fire accuratly a military grade sniper rifle at more than a few hundred yards. That was one of the biggest turn offs for most people, the fact that the mod devolved mostly into a massive TDM. I wouldn't care if they added some bolt action rifles or something but people calling for .50 cal anti material rifles etc and lmgs is absurd

Nothing wrong with possibilities as long as said guns are rare. Having a lee-enfield, mosin, kar98, etc. is pointless as they're almost the same weapon (yeayea, not in rl, but in game they would be). It would get so boring. And there's nothing wrong with LMG's, the pkr is basically an ak74 with worse handling and a bigger mag... I'd love an MG34 or MG42. I'd so put an ACOG on it.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with possibilities as long as said guns are rare. Having a lee-enfield, mosin, kar98, etc. is pointless as they're almost the same weapon (yeayea, not in rl, but in game they would be).

No BEZGDcS.gif?1 that's like saying it's pointless to have more than one car, since they'd all be the same thing in game. But they're not. Appreciate the fine differences.

There shouldnt be a ton of military grade weapons in the game, the standalone is a zombie survial game not a military sim like arma was. >90% of the population isn't going to know how to fire accuratly a military grade sniper rifle at more than a few hundred yards. That was one of the biggest turn offs for most people, the fact that the mod devolved mostly into a massive TDM. I wouldn't care if they added some bolt action rifles or something but people calling for .50 cal anti material rifles etc and lmgs is absurd

Im new and i found the team death match, always watching your back, getting into shootouts and needing to find friends a massive part of what made me want to get this game so i hope they dont remove that part of it.

Anti material rifle is a bit excessive though.

• Like 1

So how do you use them? If I try to drag them and load them into the rifle I get an error that they don't fit. If I try to split them, it tells me I don't have enough. What am I doing wrong?

As others have said, right click on the box and choose 'empty'.  You can then load them into the mosin.

I haven't seen a hip holster anywhere, but I am liking the sexy chest holster with one of my FX9's in it. To bad the FX9 doesn't render as being in the holster on the character screen though.

You need to place the gun in the holster for it show in the holster.

• Like 1

What we actually said there would be 3 firearms at the start of alpha. With regular content coming in daily/weekly patches.

Aren't you kind of obligated to say that, though?

The izh43 shotgun was in previous builds, removed due to bugs according to this bugreport.  Probably why we keep finding shells.

Edit: if you don't have an acct on the bugreport page, make one and use it.  The report says something about the shotgun being undroppable, Lightfoot responded with "Should be fixed in the current build, shotgun removed pending fixes"

Edited by diznoid

hope they add the SKS/ak74/47 next since those are common in that area and pretty nice. Also looking forward to what kind of attachs that will add for those guns.

Ok so currently DeanHall stated there would only be 3 Firearms in the current Alpha,

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154380-are-there-only-3-guns-on-1st-release/?hl=weapons

"What we actually said there would be 3 firearms at the start of alpha. With regular content coming in daily/weekly patches." Which is all well and good.

To my understanding there currently seems to be the Mosin, M4 and FNH-FX9. Now after checking out this site ( http://dayzintel.com/dayz-weapons ) from the looks of things the devs seem to be going for balance and authenticity. Every weapon seems to be 100% plausible most of which are Czech , Ukraine and Russian variants.

The only weapon out of place is the M4 and I dont know why it's their "flagship go to bandit weapon" or why they're bothered to even create 20 attachments for it lol..

Replacement variants that seem logical to me would be AK-74M or the AN-94. Seriously, nobody uses the M4 in Chernogorsk.. NOBODY.. lol

I realise theres going to be a whole bunch of DeanHall fanbois flaming me on this one or even a hand full of Yanks with a hard on for the M4's but that's to be expected lol. Anybody that feels the same way let me know at the bottom.

Ok so currently DeanHall stated there would only be 3 Firearms in the current Alpha,

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154380-are-there-only-3-guns-on-1st-release/?hl=weapons

"What we actually said there would be 3 firearms at the start of alpha. With regular content coming in daily/weekly patches." Which is all well and good.

To my understanding there currently seems to be the Mosin, M4 and FNH-FX9. Now after checking out this site ( http://dayzintel.com/dayz-weapons ) from the looks of things the devs seem to be going for balance and authenticity. Every weapon seems to be 100% plausible most of which are Czech , Ukraine and Russian variants.

The only weapon out of place is the M4 and I dont know why it's their "flagship go to bandit weapon" or why they're bothered to even create 20 attachments for it lol..

Replacement variants that seem logical to me would be AK-74M or the AN-94. Seriously, nobody uses the M4 in Chernogorsk.. NOBODY.. lol

I realise theres going to be a whole bunch of DeanHall fanbois flaming me on this one or even a hand full of Yanks with a hard on for the M4's but that's to be expected lol. Anybody that feels the same way let me know at the bottom.

Merged

I'm sure there will be an AK variant with just as many attachments as the M4. The M4 just happened to be out first. I'm sure you're much more likely to find an AK in Russia than an M4, but considering how many M4's are floating around in the world it's not unreasonable to expect to find one just about anywhere.

What the hell do you mean by 'plausible'? There's nothing plausible about finding so many weapons in houses in a state that belonged to the Soviet bloc.

It's a game in a made up world, just make something up, like the US sold that area a shit tonne of weapons to the peasants to help fight the Soviets and crush their leftist authoritatian state

The M4 is not the flagship weapon.

The M4 was forefront of development because it's the weapon that can handle the most attachments in pretty much every aspect (Foregrip, Scope, Stock etc.) and is therefore a good weapon to work back from.

It is easier to create new weapons with LESS functionality than create lesser weapons and add MORE functionality for each of them.

You are already expecting to get flamed, not due to fanboyism but because you are just plain wrong.

• Like 2

No BEZGDcS.gif?1 that's like saying it's pointless to have more than one car, since they'd all be the same thing in game. But they're not. Appreciate the fine differences.

If they're basically reskins it would get boring real quick (the weapon load-outs, I mean). I have always been in favour of military weapons, the problem in the mod was that no matter how rare you make something, the server will keep spawning loot indefinitely, making any weapon infinitely obtainable. The item management server feature thingy should fix that. I don't mind the Lee or Kar98 (love that gun), but I don't want JUST those kind of weapons. I want a wide variety of rare items. Meds, guns, ammo, vehicles, vehicle parts, clothing, backpacks, storage (tents etc), and so on. 

Edited by Ratiasu

I think the weapons in arma 3 are 10x better than SA...i think they should have spent more time on important aspects of the game than making 3 shitty ass weapons for release.

how about just using the arma 3 weapons and attachments systems? they work better, look better and are already developed??? seem logical.

• Like 1