ZlobaRUS54

Things you want to see in SA updates first.

Haven't had much chance to look yet, but initial comment is changes to the day/night cycle. Definitely enjoy experiencing both, and i appreciate how it acts at the moment is possibly not intended, but i want to be able to experience DayZ daylight when playing in the evenings.

A 4/6 hour cycle would be preferable, and i (personally) would be against seeing it linked to real life dependent on location. 

- Text feedback needs to be replaced by moodlets

- obvious bugs

- altering of food + water values

The two main changes I'd like to see asap are as follows, and they are more Quality of Life fixes than anything else.

- Status Indicators

- Respawning mechanics for basic items.  Guns etc. shouldn't respawn, but basic commodities like food should.

There's two possible fixes for the respawning.

- Actually make food/drink respawn

- Massively increase the length of time between requiring food/drink.

Oh, and finally:

- Selectable fire modes.

Vehicles, Tents, Base Building.  All of that can wait whilst the core basic features get nailed down.

Amazing work though Rocket, well impressed.

Edited by Izmak

Looks like most have already been listed. I'd like to see more small arms like pistols to be semi common or other civy weapons. But overall I'd say this game runs really smooth than arma2 has ever run for the mod and haven't seen any bad artifacting yet.

Havent played yet but fom vids...

1, Zombie respawn

2, Loot respawn

Also seeing a lot of posts about food/drink system being a little bugged maybe. But for me get those zeds respawning top priority ;)

• Like 1

sometimes i cant take things on cupboard, sometimes my backpack disappears if i change it with another

Edited by chris90

Think only thing needs fixing is making it easier to pick up loot. I need to be super accurate when i do it. Can spend 20sec just aiming to get those bullets down from the locker

stand over it and hit tab, it will show in your vicinity.

Status indicators. Screw vehicles for now. They make the game smaller and they are but essential.

1) Unconcious bug fix (Might as well throw it in there)

2) Loot spawns (Been checking apartments and such and barely finding anything)

3) Zombie Spawns (Run through a main city, you won't get any aggro)

4) Status Indicators (We need moodlets for this. Its a medicore idea to have text feedback. If we get moodlets back, don't let them look like they were drawn by a 5 year old.) 

5) Ladder Holstering (When holding a weapon and getting on a ladder, it moves whatever your holding out of your hands...I dont think I should have to re-dig it out of my inventory every time.) 

6) Sun (I realize the sun is a gargantuan mass of gas being constantly burned through nuclear fission, but I don't think it needs to be that bright.) 

7) Zombie AI (It looks like it has been massively improved, but I think they should run?) 

8) Vehicles (I've heard rumors they don't plan to re-add vehicles. Please don't let this be true. Repairing things and hunting for the parts was one of my favorite things to do in the mod) 

9) Spelling errors (Holding your mouse over respawn and you'll see a text box with obvious grammatical errors) 

10) Infinite Pants (Taking clothing off a body can result in taking it off, but the clothes remaining, resulting in an infinite pants glitch.)

• Like 2

A much better Performance at bigger cities and pleeease get rid of these 30min+ unconscious state. 5 Minutes are more than enough in my opinion.

• Like 1

1. Diving -> hunt fishes or seafood

2. more zombies and a little bit more loot

Edited by Jaddix

Hi this is going to be a short introduction about myself, my name is Klein & I'm 18. I've been playing the DayZ mod for around a year or so & I've been anticipating the Standalone for a long time.

Just a few ideas that could be added or changed in the game;

1. Customisation- I've always liked the idea to having a unique character in every game. By just simply changing the hair colour or hairstyle on your character could satisfy a player, but what I'd like to see added is; Tattoos, changing hairstyles & hair colour, eye colour & the build of your character (obese, athletic, muscular, skinny)

2. Loot & Zombies - They both have the same thing in common.. there are simply just not enough of either, i ran through cherno, elektro & then all the way up to berezino & only seeing about 20 zombies. Also I checked almost every house & car on my way up there & I found literally no valuable loot. The things I found were just hats, jeans & a helmet.

3. Hunger & Thirst - Two things I want to cover with this one, firstly.. I've realised when it appears down the bottem left of my screen saying something like "my head is pounding" it isn't clear to the player on what it wants them to do, maybe you could add something along the side saying (drink water) or (eat food). Secondly.. I've also realised that your thirst seems to decrease rather quickly, i drunk 2 cans of soda running from elektro to cherno & that is ridiculous considering in the mod you could drink a bottle of water every half hour, maybe you could change it so that you might have to drink only half a can to satisfy your thirst for a 5 minute run?

I know the game is only in alpha stage but these ideas & changes are something that could make an impact on the game.

Thank you for reading, any & all feedback is appreciated.

If you didn't like reading this, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

You are pretty much suggesting things that are going to be in the game...Lack of zombies if im not mistaken its because they don't want the servers to crash and stuff...Loot respawns with server restart im quite sure....

Hunger and Thirst again, alpha i guess its a bug..My character once wants to drink every minute and sometimes i can run around for 3hours wihtout any problem

About Tattos , hair colour i think Dean was talking about it on the last stream.

Edited by OntyCZE

Hi everyone,

I would like to suggest a timer or something similar for the unconscious screen, right now my char is passed out about 15min now and counting and I have no idea of when or if my player is going to come back to its senses.

I know the passed out time is trying to be realistic in a way but sitting in front of a black screen for 20min not knowing what is going on, that is not fun, it still is a game afterall.

If I could see how long it will take I could do something else in the meanwhile. Its ok for it to take a while to come back, I would just like to know how long.

thx for reading my 2 cents

Edited by H_rny

Hi this is going to be a short introduction about myself, my name is Klein & I'm 18. I've been playing the DayZ mod for around a year or so & I've been anticipating the Standalone for a long time.

Just a few ideas that could be added or changed in the game;

1. Customisation- I've always liked the idea to having a unique character in every game. By just simply changing the hair colour or hairstyle on your character could satisfy a player, but what I'd like to see added is; Tattoos, changing hairstyles & hair colour, eye colour & the build of your character (obese, athletic, muscular, skinny)

2. Loot & Zombies - They both have the same thing in common.. there are simply just not enough of either, i ran through cherno, elektro & then all the way up to berezino & only seeing about 20 zombies. Also I checked almost every house & car on my way up there & I found literally no valuable loot. The things I found were just hats, jeans & a helmet.

3. Hunger & Thirst - Two things I want to cover with this one, firstly.. I've realised when it appears down the bottem left of my screen saying something like "my head is pounding" it isn't clear to the player on what it wants them to do, maybe you could add something along the side saying (drink water) or (eat food). Secondly.. I've also realised that your thirst seems to decrease rather quickly, i drunk 2 cans of soda running from elektro to cherno & that is ridiculous considering in the mod you could drink a bottle of water every half hour, maybe you could change it so that you might have to drink only half a can to satisfy your thirst for a 5 minute run?

I know the game is only in alpha stage but these ideas & changes are something that could make an impact on the game.

Thank you for reading, any & all feedback is appreciated.

If you didn't like reading this, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Merging.

• Like 1

After having played with a friend, I agree the unconscious issue takes a lot of the fun out. Especially cause it happens so easily! And then you're basically left with no choice other than respawn, cause who bothers waiting for 45 minutes while your buddy has nothing to do. 10-15 minutes would be fine, but almost an hour?? It's def. not working. Also wish you couldn't eat and drink, and then be thirsty and hungry again 2 seconds later. In real life people don't have to eat every fifth second. Gets more annoying when you start out, have just died, and you have to search forever to find anything to eat.

I would love to get a real time update for the servers. So they are correct. Getting tired of only being able to play night servers.

• Like 1

I'd be perfect with the thirst/unconsciousness fixed. I believe that the food has been fixed so it shouldn't be too long for the thirst to continue in that direction.

Some work on the drops, vehicles (even just mountain bikes), coughing when sick and much more I cant think of right nwo cuz im tired from all this dayz the last two days haha

Edited by kozzy

Just make it save to play for now.

And by that i mean you dont have to worry about magical char reset after server change and falling uncon forever.

(Had to restart from scratch 17 times now but never got killed since i started...)

Apparently there was a fix for mending broken legs with bandages. So that doesnt work anymore. Fair enough, but could you then implement that you need sticks and rags to fixate your leg? Kinda feels natural really. @ Rocket

1. Performance: My system has the recommended specs but still runs around 15-30 fps on low details

2. Loot spawn: Since you need to drink and eat alot after spawning, loot should respawn based on server population

3. Zombies: After the client side performance is implemented would be nice to see more zombies

The suns needs fixed its fucking ridiculous....the melee inside buildings needs fixed and also mouse acceleration. I want stuff that's already in the game fixed before they start adding other stuff in otherwise its just gonna be a total mess.

Edited by Massicor