Sign in to follow this  
Jock McScottish

So is this the beginning of the end for the Dayz mod?

Just wondering folks, but now that standalone is out, all of a sudden Dayz mod stands alone(excuse the pun) Checking Dayz commander, its still full to bursting on the popular servers. However, those that have tasted the standalone experience today, could you ever see yourselves returning to the mod? Or has today heralded the start of the end for the now 'old' Dayz mod?

Nope; Breakingpoint, Epoc, Overwatch, Origins, and all that other crap was.

• Like 2

I hear you loud and clear brother. Only good gameplay I ever had was Vanilla, hated epoch the most. Full of tarts, that place.

• Like 2

Haven't bought standalone yet (waiting for it to get some more content and the most game breaking bugs worked out), but I don't see myself playing DayZ mod again. Non-vanilla versions have been nice as content additions (the feature additions have always been tacked on and half working, with few exceptions), but they're not the standalone killers some people trumpet them as. DayZ mod reached its limits a long time ago, and the standalone is just getting started. As far as Arma 3 DayZ goes... blech. I've wanted to love Arma 3 like Arma 2, bought it back in Alpha, but I can't. The gun mechanics and animations don't feel right, the only thing I really enjoy in Arma 3 is the vehicles because of the huge amount of care and detail they have.

Yes, There's no way that Standalone will completely ruin the servers for the mod(for now at least). There';s no way that everyone is just going to play vanilla DayZ for however long it takes for a full, mostly bug free game to come out. I think the smaller mods like Civilian will suffer(even more) but the bigger mods like Overwatch and Epoch will take a long time to die down. Maybe a year or so. I do see your concern though

Hello there

I think he Mod has a lot of mileage left in it. There'll be a drop in numbers initially then things will balance out again.

Some Mod servers will fall by the wayside, but thats how the cookie crumbles im afraid.

I dont know the official stance on the MOD, but I do hope it continues.

Rgds

LoK

So stand alone was released.

this means that all development will now go the SA, and the MOD (along with a great community) will now die a slow death....

I guess this means , epoch is the only MOD that will continue to get updated...

its been fun...I guess the servers will soon die a slow death too....its been fun!!!

You do know that for the past year and a half or so, no one from BIS has been working on the mod right?  It's been other modders.  Not to mention all the submods are done by different people.

You do know that for the past year and a half or so, no one from BIS has been working on the mod right?  It's been other modders.  Not to mention all the submods are done by different people.

This

Mod will live on, 

Good question, I suspect this will be the end of Arma 2 DayZ modding. I really love Arma 3 (Altis, character fluidity, animatioins are all awesome), so will keep checking what modders are doing with it.

My clan really enjoyed Epoch. We spent a good 2 months teraforming some of the craziest player bases known to man...lol

The mod will always be around and be played. Since the files are out people have changed the mod so much they can almost call it their own to a good extent. Me personally I play SA AND the Mod. The mod will always hold a place in my heart, as well as others, as the beginning of a new era of gaming. A MMO, 1/3PS, Zombie infection Survival game? It's where it begins in my eyes. The mod holds things we cant find in SA, and has a rock solid base at its core. SA will eventually overturn the Mod, however people will always play the mod.

I hereby pledge to keep the mod alive, whether it be alone or with others, however I feel that until the SA is down the line, the number of the mod will decreas, balance out and potentially increase again whilst people wait for new updates etc.

Here's to the final stand

I hope so, just got here, dont want to buy SA yet cause I always regret alpha jumps. Ill wait for a good beta before I try SA. But if its alot easier to get into than of coarse there will be alot more people of all kinds playing it. Could be good or maybe not.

Wouldn't mind seeing the servers continue to run, but I really hope the developers don't waste any time on the mod. They've got enough on their hands with the SA and that's what matters.