psychopigeon

every server is dark

Every server I am on is dark also, so i'm assuming it's just something that the game developers are working on. We just need to sit tight and give it some time.

I think the solution would be to make night time look like the moonlit nights in Dayz mod.. you can actually see where you are running and looting but not well enough to spot the guy with NVG hiding at the edge of the forest.

As it is right now, a large portion of players are just cranking up gamma and brightness so the purpose of night is defeated. No matter how hardcore you think it might be, all it does is give an unfair advantage to those that are willing to sacrifice immersion.

I think the solution would be to make night time look like the moonlit nights in Dayz mod.. you can actually see where you are running and looting but not well enough to spot the guy with NVG hiding at the edge of the forest.

As it is right now, a large portion of players are just cranking up gamma and brightness so the purpose of night is defeated. No matter how hardcore you think it might be, all it does is give an unfair advantage to those that are willing to sacrifice immersion.

As much as it sacrifices immersion for some, it enhances realism for others. Real life is not as dark as how DayZ portrays it. Not even close once your eyes are adjusted.

I too agree that it is hard to find a day server. I will try out frenchies though. It would be really nice to get some day time in for once. Gets rather boring when there's no cycle to it.

Guys i'm not buying some of the responses. Every server i join is night, whether it is daylight outside or not so saying it will be based on a 24 hour cycle that matches the real world is incorrect. We are here to test the game and help develop it. I for one would like to help out and would have an easier time of it if i could see the game world every once in awhile instead of a flashlight cone.

This seems like something that the team could fix soon to aid the people that have paid to be alpha testers. Please DEV team help us to help you considering we have all paid for this privilege. Not dissing anyone, i know what i signed up for, but this simple thing would help us immensely.

There is a lack of clarity on the topic for sure.

I just want to play on a server that is rolling a normal 24hour day night cycle. With a sunrise and a sunset. I don't want the server time jumping back 4 hours everytime is restarts. I also want watches in game to see what time it is, and a column in the browser list showing server times.

If you start setting up 24/7 daylight servers then the normal 24hour day night ones lose players.

TEEEEEEEEESTIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I mean, come on, you guys are having a too much out-of-the-box concept of what testing means. 

It's not like fixes are produced at the moment you spot some error.

Testing is on progress, dance with the music, would you please?

Help this game be awesome. Be testers, report real bugs, try everything on hand, TRY TO BREAK the game,

find out where it breaks and report until it does no more.

Bitch no more.

That's it, love you all.

Cya Nerdz.

There is a lack of clarity on the topic for sure.

I just want to play on a server that is rolling a normal 24hour day night cycle. With a sunrise and a sunset. I don't want the server time jumping back 4 hours everytime is restarts. I also want watches in game to see what time it is, and a column in the browser list showing server times.

If you start setting up 24/7 daylight servers then the normal 24hour day night ones lose players.

The column in the browser list showing the game time am/pm and in game watches would be a massive improvement.

• Like 1

Solution to this whole mess is NOT 24/7 easy mode servers or shorter day/night cycle. Keep the day/night cycle and PLEASE give us proper GMT settings. This would in fact sort the people out that are saying "I work all day so I will only be able to play at night". I'm sure you would find a server within your TZ that has a GMT settings so that it would be Day when you want to play. 24/7 Day is NOT the solution and shorter day/night cycles is also NOT the solution. People are just looking for fucking easy mode.

It's starting already... *sigh*

I personally played on east coast servers all day, probably 10 in total and only played in darkness. Not looking for easy mode, personally I love the darkness. I am just getting tired of playing a WW2 black and white survival game haha. Little color and light is nice on the eyes.

I personally played on east coast servers all day, probably 10 in total and only played in darkness. Not looking for easy mode, personally I love the darkness. I am just getting tired of playing a WW2 black and white survival game haha. Little color and light is nice on the eyes.

I did the same thing. Logged off at 3 AM EST, logged on at 7 AM EST. Still dark. Played for four hours, still dark. Logged back on at 3 PM EST and it was still dark even while playing for another 2 hours. What gives? 24/7 night?. I flipped around a few servers that had EST settings too just to be sure since the game wipes my character every time I spawn in anyway and that still brought no joy. I have yet to play a server in the day and it's kind of disappointing. 

And fair enough but the splitting of the community is already happening with this easy mode crap of 24/7 servers. Path of least resistance is a problem that I thought the SA was going to fix. I would think it's easy enough to give us GMT settings rather than this other BS.

And fair enough but the splitting of the community is already happening with this easy mode crap of 24/7 servers. Path of least resistance is a problem that I thought the SA was going to fix. I would think it's easy enough to give us GMT settings rather than this other BS.

There's no getting away from a path of least resistance or it wouldn't exist at all. People will combat log if they want because it's easy. People will kill on sight because it's easy. People will turn the gamma and brightness up because that's easy. That's just the way it is. Welcome to survival, the easier you can make it for yourself, the better your chances. Period.

Patience guys...it seems that server timezone can be change so just wait for it...or contact an admin

Btw...24/7 daytime servers are not the solution...

"US" servers for me being in NJ were all daytime tonight when I played after work. It seems their is a handful of servers labeled "US" for me and the other being NJ, NY, FL, etc. Was a great time.

Globalized Time (so you cant hop servers).Then: 2 hours day, 1 hour night - problem solved, everyone happy.

I can sneak around in the nights and sunbath on a roof in Zeleno... and the pussies just have to log out for 1 hour - what could be a perfect time to make edit: do their homeworks.

Edited by GlaucomysDragon
  • Like 1

No. Just No. Whats the point in having a new sky/weather/sun system for the server to be skipping hours?

Because there is no freaking new night system, what part don't you understand, its broken, its weak its wrong, why force it on the player base

tl:dr

Seriously, whoever pinned this could you have done us the courtesy of putting the answer at the first post or somewhere on the first page. Or is the answer already there from one of the users?

Edited by Casual007

Would be nice if nights were like this: 

Before:

iOzEnQrh.jpg

After:

mBziYT5h.jpg

From /r/DayZ by /u/Kittykathax

i will play by night when she will look like this or at least not like crap.

• Like 2

i will play by night when she will look like this or at least not like crap.

I love that. That's what I don't get about the night cycles in all the current games, just black with a spot of glow. In real life that second shot there is what I see, not some tunnel vision...

• Like 1

Actually, nighttime in reality IS entirely black-and-white. That is, if it is really dark, i.e. without lightsources Our nightvision is provided mostly by the rod-cells in our eye, which work in low-light, and shut down in normal light (that's why you lose your nightvision after being blinded by a flashlight). These also concentrate on the peripheral field of vision, as humans are usually active thoughout the day and only need to be wary of predators in the nighttime hours. There are NO colors whatsoever in a starry night, even when the mon is out: You can maybe tell if a parked car is white or black or something in between. You won't see if it is blue or green. All the argument about ramping up nighttime is not feasible from a realistic standpoint, it would be to pep up the graphics.

Secondly: The 24/7 daytime shit is simply for pussies. That's where the mod started to deteriorate. I have to put it in these harsh words. Don't play if you are a baby. Nighttime is tense. It should be experienced. I Had almost all my best encounters in nighttime server-hours!

BUT, and here's the BUT(T): there should be a choice. Some people hate it. Currently, when I have time to play, there will always be nighttime...I have yet to see the daytime graphics! locking the serveres to several timezones, and that might do it.

I totally LOVE the 24-hour realistic day-and night-cycle!! The sunrise in Chernarus after surviving a whole 10 hr night is the most rearding thing :-)

• Like 1

U.S. north,south,east,and west servers are daylight during the night, only problem is that they are usually full.

I love this place.  You say something which is anything other than "SA IS THE GREATEST!!!!" and you're met with replies of "Its an alpha noob!!" and then you make a constructive post asking for something sensible and it's met with "The games supposed to be dark / hard / about survival / about PVP noob!!"

I too would like a daytime server because I'd like to experience the game during the day at a time which is suitable to me; where do things spawn? what are the textures like? the views? the draw distance? How do I move? look? behave? How does my own PC cope with the different settings available etc.   In the same breath, I want to all of that during the night time too.  

Since this is an alpha we should have the option to cherry pick which one we're using before the game moves on and becomes a game which includes the daytime cycling (which is something I like about the game). You can apply the same logic to the weather patterns.  So far I've only seen sunshine or dark.  Lots of people have spoken about the rain and how good it looks so why can't I just search out a daytime rainy server to experience it? After all, an alpha is where we're looking to experience and then feedback the things we find and NOT the final game which is a combination of all of these elements.

• Like 1

So I personally prefer Daytime as well BUT, I guess everyone does. Playing at night is a pain in the a**. It's super hard to find loot, other players can see your flashlight from miles and it scares the hell out of me when I get attacked by zombies before I see them. But I would never want 24/7 daytime servers.

To my mind this all is the point. You are supposed to hate the night, because you would in real life. It is hard to find loot at night without any lights and I'd definitely scared to death when a zombie would suddenly stand next to me in real life.

So I hate the night, but I want it to stay, since for me this is part of the experience.

Also I guess 24/7 Daytime servers should use their own master database, since it would make everything significantly easier. Also I like the 6hrs day/night cycle which was recommended in this thread and i think the black and white night is more realistic.

Edited by Dakor
  • Like 1

gamingdeluxe has some EU servers that run at a time offset making it daylight until 3AM or so CET

But they should put the server time zone in the server name.

Edited by SoulAssassin808