boneboys

TEMPORARY TROUBLESHOOTING TOPIC

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, I have scoured the internet and have seen no mention of it for DayZ.  I am getting DEP (Data Execution Prevention) crashes randomly in DayZ.  Sometimes it happens within 5 minutes, other times I can play fine for 30-45 minutes, but eventually it will crash, every time.  I go to windows and get a "Data Execution Prevention has closed DayZ" type of message.  I can't turn DEP off for DayZ, it simply won't let me.  I have verified the cache and it came up clean.  Any suggestions?  At first I just thought it was a normal part of this being Alpha, but then I can't find any other mention of it so I don't know what I am doing wrong.  TIA

Have they fixed the issue of when you die, your body disappears? Yet to be able to loot anyone for more than 20 seconds because of this.

Have they fixed the issue of when you die, your body disappears? Yet to be able to loot anyone for more than 20 seconds because of this.

This is supposedly fixed, with the most recent patch.

Edited by twinturbonet

I died last night and it respawned me underneath a building, there's literally no way out and I've tried everything except starving to death.. Is there like a way to noclip out or am I just stuck here until I die? Pic related

tumblr_myu01bqtbr1sei2f5o1_1280.jpg

Yes they did. I fell off the tower at NEAF today. Ran back up to get my stuff and was about 50 yards away when the server reset started >:(

Teamspeak Overlaug Plugin seems to have a lot of problems with DayZ.

I get kicked after seconds on the game with overlay activated. If I disable overlay everythings fine.

I began having an issue this morning where I cannot interact with anything in game. Meaning I cant open doors, pick things up, jump over fences or move inventory around. The option for opening doors doesn't even show up when in front of one. 

I logged on early this morning and everything was fine, a bit later when I got onto a different server I lagged and fell off a building to my death. After that I have been on many different servers with no luck. 

Speed tests are normal, I've seen other players running around as normal and zombies even attack me (I let them kill me once to see if that would help). 

I'm currently re-installing but if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Edit: Re-install didn't work.

Edited by spoiLs
  • Like 2

@spoils , i have the same problem , it's server or client side i guess .

Could you please press P button and see if you can see ping , desync or bandwich ? if yes , please watch-out till new player come and see if you can watch his ping , desync or bandwich , tnx :)

Edited by VahidkinG

It's the servers that went mad.  :)

Just a small issue I've been having lately, definitely doesn't make game unplayable but is rather annoying. Lately the messages in game such as status effects have been appearing near the center of my screen. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the issue and if there is a way of making them go back to the far left of my screen again.

Oke my game Keeps freezing on start up its no problem what so ever. When i try to join a server it freeze's every few seconds when i look at my task manager i see its not responding. I do get in the game but i still keeps freezing so i just dont play it cause its inpossible. i thought it might be the game but ive been having this problem for wel over a week and i have no idee what is causing it. i was able to play it before no problem what so ever and nothing i can remember has changed. My computer should be able to run this easy i7 4770k nvidea gtx770 4gb

Hi im a new player as you all know as a new player death is only around the corner but today i was killed by a invisable zombie!! i got punched or whatever zombies do and i looked around nothing so i carried on and stopped for next loot and punched again i was like wtf and next thing i know im dead no gunshot none around to rob me just zombie sounds like there upclose but nothing

Edited by krankie

Oke my game Keeps freezing on start up its no problem what so ever. When i try to join a server it freeze's every few seconds when i look at my task manager i see its not responding. I do get in the game but i still keeps freezing so i just dont play it cause its inpossible. i thought it might be the game but ive been having this problem for wel over a week and i have no idee what is causing it. i was able to play it before no problem what so ever and nothing i can remember has changed. My computer should be able to run this easy i7 4770k nvidea gtx770 4gb

Not sure if this will help but try running as admin seems to help on most problems when loading a game hope this helps

Edited by krankie

I've glitched into a wall and cant get out. Do I just have to wait til I die?

Have you tried logging out and back in if this doesn't help im affard you will have to wait and die of starvation/hydration or if in luck a player will find you and im sure they will help you respawn

Just logged out, then logged back into the same server and I lost my character who had full kit, is the ddos attacks still happening? Or was it just bugged? 

What is the setting for lootable item draw distance? For example i dont see items on the ground in balota hangar from the entrace, but when i walk forward and im in about 10m range, i see them.

What is the setting for lootable item draw distance? For example i dont see items on the ground in balota hangar from the entrace, but when i walk forward and im in about 10m range, i see them.

Post-processing blurs your vision to give the effect of things coming into focus when you look at them, so turn that right down and also use fxaa on normal not smaa. This will give you a crisper image with less blur.   

When I have my weapon out (weapon ready) and am prone, when I go to get up there is a slight pause that's really annoying.  It does not happen when you do not have the gun lowered.  Because of this I can't tell if this is on purpose or not.  I have not tried it with other items, just while using the Mosin.  If it is intended I would hope some day the pause is removed because it is really annoying.  If anything the pause should be when the weapon is NOT in the ready position.  Kind of like how it takes a slight bit longer to aim down sights when weapon is not in the ready position.

Also, for some reason (and it happened in dayz mod as well), I'd be holding down ALT to look around while running in a straight line and it will often get me stuck in a shaky camera, where I would have to let go of the ALT key, just to realize that for some reason the game though I pressed ALT twice (toggle mode) when I indeed did not.  Happens a lot.

Lastly, is there a reason why I cannot use Mumble while playing Dayz?  I can hear my guys talking to me, but they cannot hear me because my bound push to talk key won't work while in game.  Using the "suppress key in application" function in Mumble does not help either.

While playing on any server, and even with just DayZ running my ping spikes from 47-350+ and hangs there for prolonged periods of time.  I frequently get 20,000+ desync, as do players on Ventrilo with me.  

My data usage (thankfully not capped) has skyrocketed since playing DayZ.  Can we get any word on whether or not DayZ is using too much data?

Game "pauses" every 3-4 seconds while moving.  Was completely fine yesterday I even turned settings to as low as possible (could play on max with 30+ fps) and it still does it.

While playing on any server, and even with just DayZ running my ping spikes from 47-350+ and hangs there for prolonged periods of time.  I frequently get 20,000+ desync, as do players on Ventrilo with me.  

My data usage (thankfully not capped) has skyrocketed since playing DayZ.  Can we get any word on whether or not DayZ is using too much data?

My ping now doubles on ventrilo (from 60 to 120-135) when playing DayZ, having the same issues as you currently in game as well.

Edited by spoiLs

Yeap, I'm finding it hard to do much of anything other then move in the open.

Oh, and I saw the BattlEye caught a hacker on the server I was on. Interesting. 

Ive been playing dayz standalone for a week now and have been really enjoying it. Then one day I got into a server and everthing started to lag. My whole Internet shuts off for a minute. It causes my teamspeak to disconnect. I can play battlefield and planetside with no lag at all. Its not my computer lagging either I have a gtx 770, Intel Core I5 3.40ghz, and 16gb of ram If anyone else has this problem and could help id appreciate it.

Same problem here with build 0.30.113953 standalone (01.05.2014). Everything worked well before. When I click on "Play" in the start screen, or "Refresh" in the server page (where no server shows up anymore now), the game freezes and is not responding. I've experienced this on two different PCs (win7, 250GTS and win 8.1, 780GTX) with Steam.

Help please :(

Edit : running it with admin rights does not solve the problem.

Edited by Lobar