Bron89

Unconcious

Nice work Max with all this.  :thumbsup:  :beans:

I'm the one silently reporting them all. :(

• Like 1

Just making this topic to ask that this issue be made top priority over all other bugs's and glitches. Just fix this before everything else as its probably the worst and most annoying bug in the game.

Thanks.

Meeeerged.

Also: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154048-bug-reports/

I swear people are blind. Nice work Max with all this.  :thumbsup:  :beans:

Here you go: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154075-unconcious/?hl=unconscious

I'm the one silently reporting them all. :(

You are both lovely, and the links are wonderful. Makes it a lot easier.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

Hello there

Ever been knocked out in real life? Theres no timer. :)

Just respawn!

Never get attached to your gear.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there,

Ever been knocked out in real life? There's no respawn button  :)

Edited by qfan
  • Like 1

Yea I was unconscious for an hour and 45 minutes before I decided to give up on my awesome character and hit the re-spawn button. . . this is definitely a glitch. I also went unconscious for no apparent reason other then I was alive for a long time, I had just eaten and satisfied my hunger 5 minutes prior and quenched my thirst. I was not hurt in anyway and also when you go unconscious your character runs in a loop and if you log out and back in then your character is standing there looking up at the sky while being unconscious. Hope this helps.

Definitely a game breaker. Going back to vanilla until it's sorted out.

Off topic: I also think cans should be majority ring pull. Most can manufacturers use this system these days. Cans requiring openers (at least where I live) are rare.

I've been running about for several hours, been fine.

Here is a tip...

When it says "I feel hungry", eat, when it says "I feel thirsty", drink, when he says "I feel tired", rest...

It isn't exactly hard.

Like I said before, people are too used to the mod and running around everywhere without food and drink. 

• Like 1

They could play some dreams for you to enjoy whilst unconscious. Don't dream while knocked out? Who cares, video games are an exaggerated world. Maybe a target practice mini

game while you're out cold. Anything to keep you staring at a black screen while you wonder why you paid thirty bucks for a game that's been beatin' to death for a year and a half.

And this tired old rotten meme about not getting attached to your gear is about the biggest load of horseshit ever introduced to this game, especially a survival game.

Hello there

Ever been knocked out in real life? Theres no timer. :)

Just respawn!

Never get attached to your gear.

Rgds

LoK

I have and usually it only lasts a few minutes.  Not to be rude but I dont think people usually pass out due to eating a rotten kiwi :) lol.  Great game so far though nice job.

You were discouraged from purchasing it unless you can deal with the bugs and help the devs locate and stamp them out. Take some time to browse through the bug tracking list and vote up the bugs that you feel need the most attention. Then the next time you log into to playTEST, don't get to attached to any one character.

Anyone else having a bug for when you relog you respawn and lose your shit ?

So I read on Reddit that Rocket would like some suggestions from the community regarding unconsciousness and giving the player a hint at how long they'll be out. And I have one. It's not the best in the world, but it's not using a massive egg timer.

My suggestion is this: Upon being knocked out, your screen goes heavily blurry as if your eyes are still open. Over time you regain your vision to the point where all is normal again and you wake up with an "Ughhh" groan.

Edited by sabre05
  • Like 1

Easier way to fix this bullshit is to re-implement the hunger/thirst icons.

I was one of the advocates of the player status system being "written", however having now experienced this myself, I find this terribly confusing and in fact counter immersive. This system is also inaccurate because you can't "feel" how hungry you are, where as with the icon system you can at least see.

Yes the icons are not "realistic" but neither is having your character constantly moan about their hunger - yes, even INSTANTLY AFTER YOU'VE EATEN. This is more like Tamagichi: Chernarus Stories. 

• Like 1

I think it should be kept.  The only reason people have felt so averse towards the perma-unconsciousness is that nothing about it was explained to them.  In DayZMod, if you went unconscious from blood loss, you could still get up and you would only faint intermittently.

The unconsciousness in DayZ SA is such that your avatar slips into a catatonic state as he is deprived of all nutrients and can only be revived by an IV drip (dead).  It has been stated that the permanent unconsciousness is a bug - but was it?  As a design feature it works perfectly.  People say they need to eat and drink so frequently, but that's probably because they stop at 'your hunger is satisfied', which is only that, satisfied.  Once you go over the limit you're basically a camel.  With that hotfix on the eat/drink values, I'd say that permaunconsciousness currently provides a perfectly balanced risk.  I love the fact that one can die permanently from not eating/drinking enough; in the mod it was a mere nuisance.

Edited by Spacehogking
  • Like 1

I think it should be kept.  The only reason people have felt so averse towards the perma-unconsciousness is that nothing about it was explained to them.  In DayZMod, if you went unconscious from blood loss, you could still get up and you would only faint intermittently.

The unconsciousness in DayZ SA is such that your avatar slips into a catatonic state as he is deprived of all nutrients and can only be revived by an IV drip (dead).  It has been stated that the permanent unconsciousness is a bug - but was it?  As a design feature it works perfectly.  People say they need to eat and drink so frequently, but that's probably because they stop at 'your hunger is satisfied', which is only that, satisfied.  Once you go over the limit you're basically a camel.  With that hotfix on the eat/drink values, I'd say that permaunconsciousness currently provides a perfectly balanced risk.  I love the fact that one can die permanently from not eating/drinking enough; in the mod it was a mere nuisance.

Merged

So I read on Reddit that Rocket would like some suggestions from the community regarding unconsciousness and giving the player a hint at how long they'll be out. And I have one. It's not the best in the world, but it's not using a massive egg timer.

My suggestion is this: Upon being knocked out, your screen goes heavily blurry as if your eyes are still open. Over time you regain your vision to the point where all is normal again and you wake up with an "Ughhh" groan.

Merged.

I think it should be kept. The only reason people have felt so averse towards the perma-unconsciousness is that nothing about it was explained to them. In DayZMod, if you went unconscious from blood loss, you could still get up and you would only faint intermittently.

The unconsciousness in DayZ SA is such that your avatar slips into a catatonic state as he is deprived of all nutrients and can only be revived by an IV drip (dead). It has been stated that the permanent unconsciousness is a bug - but was it? As a design feature it works perfectly. People say they need to eat and drink so frequently, but that's probably because they stop at 'your hunger is satisfied', which is only that, satisfied. Once you go over the limit you're basically a camel. With that hotfix on the eat/drink values, I'd say that permaunconsciousness currently provides a perfectly balanced risk. I love the fact that one can die permanently from not eating/drinking enough; in the mod it was a mere nuisance.

I agree. Once I understood how sickness and unconsciousness worked, I had no problems. Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

I am just irritated at playing for hours found my first gun last night and a payday mask was super excited had to log off to eat dinner got back on and spawned on the beach and had nothing. It's happened to me multiple times it get discouraging cause you don't wanna grind for hours just to lose your shit cause you log off for 20 mins :(

I've been running about for several hours, been fine.

Here is a tip...

When it says "I feel hungry", eat, when it says "I feel thirsty", drink, when he says "I feel tired", rest...

It isn't exactly hard.

Like I said before, people are too used to the mod and running around everywhere without food and drink. 

Thats just bullshit :) I myself have no problem finding food and drink and whenever i see the message popup i always eat/drink/rest till the message are gone ..infact i usually eat/drink a little more just to be safe and still suddenly end up unconscious. Anyways its the unconsciousness itself thats fucked and needs fixed not necessarily the food, drink or rest.

Edited by Massicor