Sign in to follow this  
AG-D.Wright

Bad News: Map shrinked considerably; can make it from town to town in less than a couple minutes.

Why did they think this was a good idea? You can literally make it from Krutoy Cap to Elektro in just a couple of minutes. A small downscale is fine, but at this level? Absolutely atrocious. Is there any word on this? Is this just a smaller map for testing?

I have not experienced anything similar to what you're talking about.

Can you elaborate?

• Like 1

Hello there

The OP has probably run into a new or relocated settlement.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

I've run into nothing of the sort. I've put hundreds of hours into this game and know (at least the coast,) by heart. It has been downsized.

I've run into nothing of the sort. I've put hundreds of hours into this game and know (at least the coast,) by heart. It has been downsized.

You have nothing to base that on other than experience, though. It's also possible, that the sprinting speed has changed instead of the actual size, thus making it appear so for you. :)

I wouldn't worry about it, as the sprinting wears you out quite quickly and that's why it might be possible it appears smaller for you.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 4

You have nothing to base that on other than experience, though. It's also possible, that the sprinting speed has changed instead of the actual size, thus making it appear so for you. :)

I wouldn't worry about it, as the sprinting wears you out quite quickly and that's why it might be possible it appears smaller for you.

Go ahead and just dismiss it as some sort of sensory issue, but I can guarantee you the map has been downscaled. 

I think we have a Duck in our midst and you all know what not to do with the Ducks gentlemen.

• Like 2

I think we have a Duck in our midst and you all know what not to do with the Ducks gentlemen.

I'm not ducking around. Go on Vanilla Day Z and time yourself. Run the same distance, from town to town and you'll have drastically different times. Times that not even a "sprint upgrade" can cause.

I'm not ducking around. Go on Vanilla Day Z and time yourself. Run the same distance, from town to town and you'll have drastically different times. Times that not even a "sprint upgrade" can cause.

Go ahead and make a video about it. I would be interested in seeing.

• Like 2

Go ahead and make a video about it. I would be interested in seeing.

Me too.

• Like 1

Ah you're on about the Mod, i don't think running speeds have been adjusted, I'll ask R4ZOR.

My excuses.

Why did they think this was a good idea? You can literally make it from Krutoy Cap to Elektro in just a couple of minutes. A small downscale is fine, but at this level? Absolutely atrocious. Is there any word on this? Is this just a smaller map for testing?

Char speed haven't changed ever in the mod. Nor has size, penis size or anything else well maybe hair got longer but no other character speed changed.

• Like 6

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the Standalone.

Edited by colekern

I AM talking about the standalone. The standalone's map has shrunk. When I mentioned the mod, I was talking about comparing travel times to the standalone. They would most likely be much shorter. Running speeds have been confirmed for not being tampered with. I know that the map is smaller.

I know that the map is smaller.

It's good that you have that knowledge. Will get you where you want to go much quicker. I don't believe, as I have played enough myself and can confirm: still takes ages to get to places.

• Like 1

I AM talking about the standalone. The standalone's map has shrunk. When I mentioned the mod, I was talking about comparing travel times to the standalone. They would most likely be much shorter. Running speeds have been confirmed for not being tampered with. I know that the map is smaller.

Hello there

You posted in the wrong place, This is the DAYZ MOD forum.

Moving.

L

Hello there

Dont bump a post you already posted in in the same 24 hr period please.

Im interested in this as you still havnt provided any evidence to this, I see no difference in distances personally.

Rgds

LoK

Need a side by side vid or this is just speculation. I didn't notice any difference in time to run from Zeleno to Cherno or Cherno to Elektro or Vybor to nwaf.

Hello there

Dont bump a post you already posted in in the same 24 hr period please.

Im interested in this as you still havnt provided any evidence to this, I see no difference in distances personally.

Rgds

LoK

Currently doing some research crossing screencaps in the Mod and Standalone. Will report my findings here.

Would be nice if they just confirmed it. I mean, on the Day Z mod website front page it says the huge map is a feature. You don't think they'd scale it down.

Edited by AG-D.Wright

Currently doing some research crossing screencaps in the Mod and Standalone. Will report my findings here.

Would be nice if they just confirmed it. I mean, on the Day Z mod website front page it says the huge map is a feature. You don't think they'd scale it down.

It would be nice, I just dont believe it.

I truly think you are mistaken, I do look forward to your examples and tests though.

To play devils advocate though the map is huge regardless, but I just find it hard to accept, to my knowledge the sq mileage is greater.

Lets see what you come up with!

Rgds

LoK