moriarty50

TWS a BAD Addition

You know. I have been playing for a while. I have gotten used to the "snipers" who sit at the NW Airlfield or other popular locations to "snipe" their prey...who is fully aware of their existence and simply cannot retaliate because of either...lack of will to do so, time restraint, or supply restraints. We all like to "snipe" from time to time. No big deal. It is fun and part of the game. But recently I have been playing and I have found that one of the most ridiculous and overpowered weapons to have in this game is the AS50 TWS.

Why would this be included? We are talking about a gun the removes ALL skill from having to contend with "snipers" or even someone who actually IS doing it right and sneaking up and trying to place well aimed shots. Now. The L85 TWS isn't that bad. It takes a relative degree of skill to use that weapon. You can't just start snapping in shots until you are zeroed because there IS a limit on the range. The AS50 however...you can see until you have no more viewing distance.

Does anyone else find this gun to be a BIT of a ridiculous of an addition to the game? You can literally hit ANYTHING that shows up. The least that could be done is some kind of counter to thermal weapons. There is none.

Now. Of course your only advantage is the "element of surprise" of course. You can catch them when they aren't looking. But. Therein lies the problem. The people who use these weapons...are pretty much always looking. Camping. Waiting. For one little white spot to show up in the tree line so they can "catch them unaware" and click their mouse.

Edit: I have arrived at this conclusion through both dying and USING the weapon. I died about 10 minutes ago from the gun, and had a long kill streak (for the server anyway) with it helping someone. It just doesn't seem that it fits in this game.

Edited by lrgmoriarty

It's not in DayZ....

• Like 3

TWS was removed so many months ago. Stop playing modded servers. /thread.

It was never in the game to begin with. People who had them got them from scripters.

But recently I have been playing and I have found that one of the most ridiculous and overpowered weapons to have in this game is the AS50 TWS.

Which is probably why it isn't in the game. 

The AS50 however...you can see until you have no more viewing distance.

Yes. Potato.

1st post says a lot here.

I wish everyone would just start out with vanilla DayZ. It would things so much easier.

Maybe he's still playing a pre-1.5 version

1st post says a lot here.

I wish everyone would just start out with vanilla DayZ. It would things so much easier.

Um, it could be Vanilla... on a private server.

Um, it could be Vanilla... on a private server.

If someone's been screwing with the loot tables, it's not vanilla anymore.

Vanilla is the 'right-out-of-the-box' setup.