Dyckman

Vanilla experience

Me still being new, some things I've yet to figure what's right from wrong, except the more common sense ones.

I'm still yet to know my way around the game 100%, but I do know how I like to play thus far. I like vanilla too much, but it has too many flaws. Most of them due to the community.

On the server I regularly play on, has a nice size community and goes on a timezone rotation for day/night. Day time is chaotic which is nice, but the night time is the same old thing. DMR Gillie NV server hopping Elektro/Cherno hill/roof campers as I like to call em'. It's really frustrating to play against, and they ruin a lot of people's experiences I'm sure for the fresh spawns.

My night cycle is pretty typical every night, gear up and go hunt these people. Sometimes I kill a few, but sometimes I'm too late. You kill them, good you got some nice gear. You don't, and they miss you they log off. I guess this is the issue with Public Hives eh?

To sum it up, how do you guys feel about the state of Vanilla and also, any Private Hive Vanilla servers currently active? As much as I like Vanilla, from what I understand it's the players that make the server and right now, it's just more bad apples than good.

• Like 1

The public hives have been like this as long as i can remember. Also for the vanilla private hives, i have never seen a single one, every private server is pretty much filled with custom scripts that render the server the opposite of what DayZ was suppose to be, tough luck  :(

• Like 1

The only problem with DayZ at the moment is vanilla public hives are filled with hoppers and farmers;

When you go over to private hives there are like 500 vehicles, start with 50 calibas and gold revolvers and over all it's just shit!

This is something that needs to be adressed

• Like 2

I love vanilla is for me best version I playing :)

what OP say about night time DMR guys is true thing but for me is also opportunity to make problem for them

me and friend sometime going to popular sniper places at night time hunt sniper ;)

sometime we see guys spawn in and we kill no remorse they deserve ^_^

I hope in standalone there is system for stop server hop bullshit

maybe have time penalty if you leave server is 15 minute or more before is possible join DIFFERENT SERVER >:(

no penalty for return to same server because maybe you need to answer phone or doing toilet business and after continue game

• Like 2

Yes, this server hopping suck soooo much! Friend of mine and me got killed 4 times in a row due to a guy spawning in the room behind us while we were in a firefight. It's just terrible. I still only play vanilla though, because everything else is full of scripts, and/or not dayz, as other have stated before me.

Shameless advertising: awkack.org

Private Hive Vanilla Server with only these additions:

1 extra barracks @ Milbase NEAF

1 extra Firestation @ NEAF

1 extra Hospital @ Kamenka

1 small milbase near Mishkino, a few tents.

Suicide script(pistol needed)

Mounted slots on selected vehicles, meaning you can fire on the move using your own weapon.

And no other bullshit! No donator paid weapons(only a few custom skins), no starting gear!

Edited by DMZ_Sniper

Shameless advertising: awkack.org

Private Hive Vanilla Server with only these additions:

1 extra barracks @ Milbase NEAF

1 extra Firestation @ NEAF

1 extra Hospital @ Kamenka

1 small milbase near Mishkino, a few tents.

Suicide script(pistol needed)

Mounted slots on selected vehicles, meaning you can fire on the move using your own weapon.

And no other bullshit! No donator paid weapons(only a few custom skins), no starting gear!

Im not a big fan of server that for some reason claim to be vanilla while they are not.

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 2

Im not a big fan of server that for some reason claim to be vanilla while they are not.

Call it 'Vanilla'

Compared to the rest of the servers, this one is about as close to vanilla before being public hive vanilla.

I love vanilla is for me best version I playing :)

what OP say about night time DMR guys is true thing but for me is also opportunity to make problem for them

me and friend sometime going to popular sniper places at night time hunt sniper ;)

sometime we see guys spawn in and we kill no remorse they deserve ^_^

I hope in standalone there is system for stop server hop bullshit

maybe have time penalty if you leave server is 15 minute or more before is possible join DIFFERENT SERVER > :(

no penalty for return to same server because maybe you need to answer phone or doing toilet business and after continue game

Yeah, I usually sit in the hills and wait for some Gillie sniper to pass by.

Still rather frustrating, ran into two people who killed me I told them to run away(I was heavily geared recently returned from NWAF, one of them replied "I have my own server, i'll just abort if you come near". They logged shortly unfortunately.

Pretty boring really, but I think it'll be harder to have a strong community in a Private Hive.

Call it 'Vanilla'

Compared to the rest of the servers, this one is about as close to vanilla before being public hive vanilla.

Nope, thats strawberry or sth.

Being a modder myself I get aggro if someone says vanilla and then you see the edits. It's like saying Paris Hilton is a virgin.

• Like 1

Nope, thats strawberry or sth.

Being a modder myself I get aggro if someone says vanilla and then you see the edits. It's like saying Paris Hilton is a virgin.

You mean she's NOT???? :(

Edited by Hetstaine

Interesting.

Have you ever noticed that his avatar looks like a combination of James Hetfield and David Mustaine? Crazy huh?

b_560_95_1.png

Vaniller Private Server

I like to get the Snipers names and then add them as a "friend" and dayz commander. Then, when they server hop, get behind where they were and join the server they switched to.

May be considered cheating, but, hey, they did it first.