Dayz bandit crew

Will dayz sa succeed or fail

Well, since you can tell by the amount of servers, mods of a mod itself, a VERY active forum and people still posting things on Youtube about DayZ today, I think it will do great. I am not saying that it couldn't, something they might do could just ruin it completely and everyone just forgets that they made a standalone. But this game has so much hype that everyone will be looking forward to it. Even if the standalone still does badly, hey, we still got the mod!

• Like 2

Dude what the fuck are you talking about this game has been released for almost two years and around 1,500,000 copies have been bought so for Rocket this gam was their biggest success but a big fail from the player side side since anyone these days play DayZ... I'd say about 2,000 players still play DayZ but around when it was released there were a 1,000,000 running around the dayz coumminity which is a bit side.

Dude what the fuck are you talking about this game has been released for almost two years and around 1,500,000 copies have been bought so for Rocket this gam was their biggest success but a big fail from the player side side almost nobody  these days play DayZ... I'd say about 2,000 players still play DayZ but around when it was released there were a 1,000,000 running around the dayz coumminity which is a bit side.

Sorry for quoting myself it was bugged ._.

Edited by BluDrifter

It will fail. I remember getting hyped about the release of Torchlight II , I was hooked on Torchlight 1.  But the waiting and waiting, and waiting for the release eventually killed it for me.  When I got the game, I played it for half an hour and went right back to playing minecraft.. I'll probably play the SA for like 20 minutes, get bored with the limitations and come straight back to arma :p 

Well Drifter this is the mod they are playing...the SA will/should be completely different and not a "full gear up your ass out of the mouth fragfest". The mod is far away from what DayZ used to be. There are still some servers that try to hunger you out but you only need to look at the player count/week to see which server players favor. I doubt it will be successfull with all the pansies playing on those servers. Prolly 10% of those players will buy it just to test it then kick it in a corner unless they can have their full gear on spawn back.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2

It will fail. I remember getting hyped about the release of Torchlight II , I was hooked on Torchlight 1.  But the waiting and waiting, and waiting for the release eventually killed it for me.  When I got the game, I played it for half an hour and went right back to playing minecraft.. I'll probably play the SA for like 20 minutes, get bored with the limitations and come straight back to arma :P

rn6u.jpg

We can't tell if it will fail or succeed, Want to know why?
It hasn't been released, that is why.

• Like 1

rn6u.jpg

@Enforcer- I bet you didn't even read my full comment... That's exactly what I said I only play vanilla servers but I doubt i'll buy the standalone

I think it will not  be as good as everybody says yes. But fail no.

Dude what the fuck are you talking about this game has been released for almost two years and around 1,500,000 copies have been bought so for Rocket this gam was their biggest success but a big fail from the player side side since anyone these days play DayZ... I'd say about 2,000 players still play DayZ but around when it was released there were a 1,000,000 running around the dayz coumminity which is a bit side.

The SA hasn't been released yet. You're playing the mod. No one has bought a copy. It's free to download. Not everybody plays it. There are more than 2 (Or 2000 if that was what you meant) players.

Grammar.

The SA hasn't been released yet. You're playing the mod. No one has bought a copy. It's free to download. Not everybody plays it. There are more than 2 (Or 2000 if that was what you meant) players.

Grammar.

In some countries it's inverse.

2,000 = Two thousand

2.000 = Two.

;)

Edited by xBlurHitz

It will fail. I remember getting hyped about the release of Torchlight II , I was hooked on Torchlight 1.  But the waiting and waiting, and waiting for the release eventually killed it for me.  When I got the game, I played it for half an hour and went right back to playing minecraft.. I'll probably play the SA for like 20 minutes, get bored with the limitations and come straight back to arma :P

Probably same here.  :lol:

Will dayz sa succeed or fail write you thoughts in reply section

It can't possibly fail as hard as War z (Infestation: Survivor Stories) did. So no.. I don't think Day Z is going to fail. IF it does.. its because of how long it took to get released.

It all depends how much work goes into it and how much variation the servers can add for veterans and Bambi's alike. And to balance out the Hero and Bandit ratio. Kinda goes like this: Heroes- 7% Survivors-25% Bandits-68%.

I just wish that would be different.

~Joegeddon

^the title of that page is so misleading, I was excited <_<

I think they are gonna get some bad rep in the early stages. Some people don't realize that the alpha doesn't mean you get the full game early and at a cheaper price. I think a lot of those people will get pissed and will give it some bad rep. But lol who am I kidding those people will only be like 25% of the alpha population so it think it will be >very successful. 

P.S. Rocket said he would make a vid of his future new lambo after launch

Edited by DeathStroke

It will fail. Dean "Rocket" Hall is a moron.

First post in 10 months is this. Great.

• Like 1

DayZ will be at least a modest success. (Hopefully more).

1. Many people don't play the mod. They are waiting for SA. So they aren't bored yet.

2. Many people stopped playing mod due to disliking change/changes with the mod. They are waiting for SA.

3. Many don't play the mod as much as they used to, but will support the SA and Dean for the work he did/is doing. He gave us a great mod for free!

4. Many people still don't know about DayZ. They don't follow the mod scene or alpha releases. There will be fresh people buying it. New PC users every day, etc.

5. Word of mouth will be positive.

6. Less hackers. More reliable servers, etc.

6. Maybe redundant, but when it's available, even if just on Steam, more will be aware and take the plunge.

I follow the SA updates and think it is looking good. With a good base game, the team can release new patches with new content. I am glad that a poor game wasn't released to cash in on past hype over the mod. I'm patient.

Edited by need matches