Abolition

DayZ is Dead in all its forms(We can do something about this)

human is same like Pavlov dog for learn new behaviour ;)

example, meet survivor have talk no shoot fun next time you see guy you don't kill without think :)

meet player he kill you for no reason don't make sense, next player you meeting have big problem >:(

this behaviour spread like ripples in lake after you throw stone :o

trouble with humans brain is designed for remember bad experience more than good ones because bad experience teach us about danger and how we survive next time

so dayz is full with good guys who got shot for no reason now nature of human plus rage from death work together to create more human player doing same kill without think :huh:

also reward feel from win pvp reinforce message to player brain 'die is shit, kill is good' :thumbsup:  :D

so is normal after time most player good guys and bad guys decide shoot first

is never stop cycle of death and psychology of scared monkey mans :|

• Like 7

KoS, on 26 Nov 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

human is same like Pavlov dog for learn new behaviour ;)

example, meet survivor have talk no shoot fun next time you see guy you don't kill without think :)

meet player he kill you for no reason don't make sense, next player you meeting have big problem > :(

this behaviour spread like ripples in lake after you throw stone :o

trouble with humans brain is designed for remember bad experience more than good ones because bad experience teach us about danger and how we survive next time

so dayz is full with good guys who got shot for no reason now nature of human plus rage from death work together to create more human player doing same kill without think :huh:

also reward feel from win pvp reinforce message to player brain 'die is shit, kill is good' :thumbsup:  :D

so is normal after time most player good guys and bad guys decide shoot first

is never stop cycle of death and psychology of scared monkey mans :|

which is exactly why until Rocket codes in rules or pvp areas, this game will never recover from its DM along the beach CoD gameplay its been reduced to..

I let a guy with a makarov shelter in the school where I was looting, I had good loot and a hero skin. Way better armed than him. I bloodbagged him and took out the zombies with an SD makarov. He thanked me then asked if he could have the unlabled food can on the floor. I said sure and turned around to cover the door. Bang. He shot me in the head. He wasn't a bandit or a hero, just a survivor, I asked why would he do that over side chat and his response was "lolnoob welcome 2 dayz". I still don't let it stop me helping fresh spawns but I did make half my characters on other servers bandits to help channel my anger. The DayZRP server is good as you can PvP but you get banned for KoS'ing, players must interact and have a backstory. It is very fun!

That was your mistake right there.   The only people I'll turn by back to are my [GB] brothers and some of the Musty crew.  Anyone else, I'm keeping an eye on.  You made yourself a target.  You can still help people but you've got to take precautions.

There's very little downside in shooting another player that doesn't see it coming.  The risk vs reward was heavily in his favor.   Now if it was far riskier to take that shot just to score a better backpack and gun would he still do it?  That's a question I hope gets answered over time.  As of now, the environment is far too easy to conquer and the only real threat to us is other players and ourselves and that puts the game right back into the same category as all the other shooters out there.

• Like 4

its not a game mechanic as said hundreds of times. watch walking dead and that kinda shows what really happens and what needs to be done if you want to survive. whether its cruel or you dont like it. if you arnt going to do those things you are over :)

I have watched Walking Dead. If we used your mentality we would have who as survivors? Let's see... 

Season 1.... Lets see... Either Rick shoots Morgan on sight or the other way around. We assume Rick survives. In that case Glen sees him surrounded by Walkers in Atlanta and lets him die, or despite being surrounded by walkers Rick shoots Glen. Of course Andrea and crew would have then shot Rick or maybe the other way around? Hmmmm... They would have shot the "gangbangers" from the nursing home... or... Dale would have shot Rick when he wandered towards the Camp or vise versa... Yeah... totally falling apart from episode 2 on with a KoS attitude. 

Then we hit Season 2... Darryl should have killed most of the group by now, if not Shane. Instead Carl gets accidentally shot and instead of shooting the armed guy they follow him to his base. Again they don't shoot him or Hershal's group. Really they should have shot them all and taking their stuff, right? Newbs leading them to their base. Ah, but then Carl is dead, and Maggie, and nearly everyone else. Maggie should have lured Glen into the city and shot him while he was looting, or maybe the other way around. I mean both groups had vehicles, guns, food, medical supplies. Oh, but then again all the people Rick actually wants around would be dead. Carl would have died, Lori... well she did die in Season 3 but their baby would have died right away. 

Season 3 we find prisoners and while one actually did try and kill Rick another wasn't really until he was cast out with nothing to fend for himself at which point he became a KoS bandit and was killed. Sure he was a total ass who got a bunch of other people killed, but it didn't do him any good. Andrea wouldn't even be in Season 3 because Michonne clearly had the drop on her and Andrea had a big bag of guns to take. 

Stating Walking Dead supports KoS mentality is the HEIGHT of stupidity. About the dumbest argument you could make because Rick's group only makes it as far as they do watching each others backs and because they judiciously bring new people into their group because they DIDN'T SHOOT THEM ON SIGHT!

• Like 1

which is exactly why until Rocket codes in rules or pvp areas, this game will never recover from its DM along the beach CoD gameplay its been reduced to..

No. No, no, no, no a thousand times no. I would rather see nothing at all done than have pvp and non-pvp areas. Doing that adds a level of artificiality that has no place in DayZ - it removes one of the most basic pillars of the game, which is the freedom to do whatever it takes to survive. I'm not a hostile player, but if I'm starving and have a gun, and that guy over there has a hatchet and a tin of beans but won't share, I want the option of threatening to shoot him in order to survive.

If you can't deal with the fact that there will always be a potential threat from other players, uninstall DayZ - you have no business playing it. Under no circumstances should anyone be telling players how to go about their business, as long as it's within sensible boundaries (eg hacking, combat logging etc etc etc) - if a certain element of the game or the way it's being played is causing a problem, then we should look at the reasons for it and consider changing the game to resolve it rather than just glossing over a broken/imbalanced mechanic and telling players 'you can't do that any more'.

• Like 5

No. No, no, no, no a thousand times no. I would rather see nothing at all done than have pvp and non-pvp areas. Doing that adds a level of artificiality that has no place in DayZ - it removes one of the most basic pillars of the game, which is the freedom to do whatever it takes to survive. I'm not a hostile player, but if I'm starving and have a gun, and that guy over there has a hatchet and a tin of beans but won't share, I want the option of threatening to shoot him in order to survive.

If you can't deal with the fact that there will always be a potential threat from other players, uninstall DayZ - you have no business playing it. Under no circumstances should anyone be telling players how to go about their business, as long as it's within sensible boundaries (eg hacking, combat logging etc etc etc) - if a certain element of the game or the way it's being played is causing a problem, then we should look at the reasons for it and consider changing the game to resolve it rather than just glossing over a broken/imbalanced mechanic and telling players 'you can't do that any more'.

Thats what i was saying in the OP, No game mechanic will stop KoS without completely changing what DayZ is but peoples attitude towards surviving needs to change. Dayz isn't having a can beans and a pepsi in your back pack running around elektro shooting everyone so they don't steel them, It's about having an adventure while surviving, meeting people in arkward standoffs, possibly teaming or helping each other out and going your seperate ways to run into each other another day. Anything can happen. If you shoot everyone, your alone that's it, you miss out on a massive aspect of the game while i suppose using the KoS aspect to your advantage but having the advantage often gets boring like spawn camping BF3 Metro it's not a challenge. Truly surviving and risking an adventure thats a challenge.

• Like 1

trying to fix the issue is like generals from ww1 trying to work out how to break the stalemate of trench warfare many things will be tried most will fail but one day something will work but what that is...well who knows

Edited by noso56

Seems most kos/dm is confined to electro/cherno anyway, find basics outside of these 2 cities, head north, constantly look over your shoulder, survive.

it is still fascinating for me, how people can claim that they only kill because that' what other people would do to them. 

On one hand, they defend themselves against it being immoral, without anyone ever having challenged that, showing that they obviously are aware of the fact that it is not the right thing to do, but then steal themselves away from having to deal with the problem by giving shallow excuses, pretending that they just don't want to be the victim, so they take action. 

In the end, it's being afraid of taking the risk and lying to themselves about the reasons for their actions. 

I am only saying "they" because I don't like to point out names but to return the walking dead reference: Almost everyone who was out just for killing is dead by now. Those who worked together in groups and only killed when absolutely necessary are still alive. If you got it differently, you might have watched a different show. People who only looked out for themselves got killed. People who cared for others, got saved. Only people who are weak, try to act strong.

well you obviously havent watched the newest series ;)

i dont make any excuses for how i play i see something i go after it. its my playstyle , one of the playstyles of dayz. this is what people dont get. itsa just a choice !

you basically have friendly guy role often nice worling alone mainly collecting stuff

group of people who try and work together who established a bond and warn before shooting

predator type player who play for killing people

predator groups or clans who want all

there are different roles groups. there is no morals its a video game ! its about having fun doing what YOU want to do ! you may like to be kind or mean there is no wrong way !

dgeesio

I only had to look at the titles of your DayZ video's and all i can say is you are a complete douche your "style" of play is wasteland go play wasteland you rooftop camping bitch

I don't care if this is out of line players like you infuriate me and you have no valid argument on this thread

Edited by Abolition

Ehh, I disagree - whilst I disagree rather strongly with the way dgeesio argues his corner on the forums (as seen in this thread), I would suggest that part of the freedom of DayZ is the choice to do exactly what he does - stay in a static position and kill other players. He'd be the very first to argue that it's certainly not impossible that people really would act in this manner in such a situation, and he's not doing anything wrong. DayZ is a survival simulator, and part of survival is ensuring you don't get your head blown off by a sniper. If you or another player is careless enough to run into or around a major city without checking out potential sniper nests, then they deserve what's coming to them.

It's not for you, me or anyone else to decide what is the 'proper' way of playing DayZ, and as long as exploits/glitches/hacks aren't being used, more or less anything is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Yes, I do believe KoS behaviour is an issue in the game at the moment, but only due to imbalances in the loot table/lack of activity for the end-game player, and they can be easily addressed in-game without unfairly penalising players who choose to play that way. If you don't like that element of the game, then maybe DayZ isn't for you.

• Like 1

your just assuming i dont move ? :rolleyes:

for eg yesterday i was on a server went the entire map killing people all over it found a massive cmap with two trucks full of guns stole them blew up the other one we couldnt take. then back down through berizino to electra even all the way to kamenka. just cause i done a few videos on roof sniping doesnt mean i sit on roofs all day lolz :lol:

if you want you win you are right but get what you just solved? nothing :) thats why its pointless arguing about it ! what you few cant seem to grasp its nothing to do with me or a few others its the people in general the game has grown and how people play it is how it is ! we all have choices and we play our own way.

how can yours be the right way and mine not ? the game is survival if i shoot you take all your stuff majority of the time my way is better :lol:

weakest arguement from others who dont agree with killing others for fun = go play other game :rolleyes:  why cause its not your way of playing dayz? :rolleyes:

there are no rules in dayz ! you play as you do. sa will be the same and actually worse for KOS :lol:

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

Recently joined a No PvP server with the intention of setting up tents for a stash of weapons and equipment since the server also institutes a no stealing policy. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It's actually fun to run around with other players and help each other out. I still go on to PvP servers, but the No PvP server is still pretty fun. Only thing about playing on a No PvP server is that if you just focus on zombies, the game is incredibly easy. If I were to have the maximum experience, I would want it to be a "shits hitting the fan" kind of difficulty. 

Edited by PooPoo

I don't think anybody's arguing what you can or can't do - just that some of us can spot a dickhead when we see one and others try to justify being a prick.

It's judging someone for the way they play the game though - the implication there was that dgeesio is a dick just because of the way he plays DayZ. Now, granted I'm not going to defend his personality too strongly based on my interactions with him on the forums, but I have an intense dislike of the type of player who will call someone a dick simply because they play a sandbox multiplayer game in a different way to somebody else. In my opinion, there's only one person being a dick in that situation, and it's not the one being accused.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody's arguing what you can or can't do - just that some of us can spot a dickhead when we see one and others try to justify being a prick.

labelling peoples choices by being derogatory :rolleyes: :emptycan:

This isn't a "DayZ" problem. It's a "trust" problem.

Nothing here is related to DayZ.

It's all about survival.

I would normally agree with you, but your problem is non-existent.

It's judging someone for the way they play the game though - the implication there was that dgeesio is a dick just because of the way he plays DayZ. Now, granted I'm not going to defend his personality too strongly based on my interactions with him on the forums, but I have an intense dislike of the type of player who will call someone a dick simply because they play a sandbox multiplayer game in a different way to somebody else. In my opinion, there's only one person being a dick in that situation, and it's not the one being accused.

I never stated his name, please show me where I specifically targeted him anywhere in this thread.

Also, are you saying you can't spot a dick move when you see one? Or are you just too scared to man up and tell it how it is? There are dickheads and dick moves in a lot of games we play and people abusing said "dick moves" become dicks, don't they?

labelling peoples choices by being derogatory :rolleyes: :emptycan:

Oh so you've never called someone a dick, or ever thought someone was a cock? You're lying if you say no and well done for making yourself a hypocrite too.

Edited by Jexter

I never stated his name, please show me where I specifically targeted him anywhere in this thread.

Also, are you saying you can't spot a dick move when you see one? Or are you just too scared to man up and tell it how it is? There are dickheads and dick moves in a lot of games we play and people abusing said "dick moves" become dicks, don't they?

I wasn't referring to you specifically calling anyone anything. However, when you said:

I presumed you were referring to my post about Abolition getting his panties in a twist about dgeesio's style of play. If that's not the case then it appears there have been some wires crossed.

As for the second part of your post - I feel no need to 'man up' by calling someone names from behind a keyboard, as 'manly' as I'm sure that pursuit is.

If you think sitting behind your screen and calling someone a dick is a good way of solving your problems with the way someone plays a game, more power to you buddy - let me know how that turns out for you. Meanwhile, I'll be over here making suggestions for what can be done to redress the problem as I see it and at least trying to be constructive.

• Like 1

he was on about me its obvious lol it was straight after my post :lol:

dont worry about it its no issue or even worth wasting a breathe on internets is always a drama lama :)

Well, I'm not insisting on it but one actually can call someone a dick because of their playstile. This happens every time in almost every real life team sports when someone just plays against every rule. E.g., the guy who just kills everyone on a soccer field usually is considered being a dick. (And not the one who calls him so.) That's how it always worked, in real life. Well, you can turn it around, but I really see no benefit in it. In other words: It's just wrong to worship the ones who have no sence of fair play.

On the other hand, DayZ has no rules which say "killing everyone on sight is wrong". Even though, in a real life zombie scenario it definitely would. Since it would lower your chances to survive after all.

And last but not least, imagine, you and your loved ones would sneak through a town in a zombie appocalypse. After finding some beans a ... just kills half of your family because, well, trigger happy finger.

How would you call him?

(But yeah, it's a game after all. The lack of consequences motivates us to do lots of strange things.)

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

Well, I'm not insisting on it but one actually can call someone a dick because of their playstile. This happens every time in almost every real life team sports when someone just plays against every rule. E.g., the guy who just kills everyone on a soccer field usually is considered being a dick. (And not the one who calls him so.) That's how it always worked, in real life. Well, you can turn it around, but I really see no benefit in it. In other words: It's just wrong to worship the ones who have no sence of fair play.

On the other hand, DayZ has no rules which say "killing everyone on sight is wrong". Even though, in a real life zombie scenario it definitely would. Since it would lower your chances to survive after all.

And last but not least, imagine, you and your loved ones would sneak through a town in a zombie appocalypse. After finding some beans a ... just kills half of your family because, well, trigger happy finger.

How would you call him?

(But yeah, it's a game after all. The lack of consequences motivates us to do lots of strange things.)

Yeah, I understand and agree with a lot of what you're saying - my point was, I don't feel that it's fair to label someone who's not doing anything wrong a dick SOLELY because his way of playing a game conflicts directly with yours - nothing else, just playstyle.

To use your soccer analogy, it'd be like a particularly good winger or striker who keeps knocking the ball past you and running into space knowing he's too fast for you - he's not being a dick, he's just doing what works for him. Sure, if he's trash-talking when he does it, then we're entering 'dick' territory, but that's not the matter at hand here - we're discussing judging someone as a dick purely on the way they play the game. They've not broken any rules (or even etiquette, to be honest), they're not being abusive or trash-talking, they're just quietly getting on and doing their thing to the best of their ability. I don't see how that makes them a dick.

I don't care if you shoot at me or kill me, hell I have shot at people and killed players who never knew I was there too just for practice. After my first month or two, I got over feeling irritated if I got killed simply because I felt like I made a stupid mistake in the first place. Now, I basically will kill bandits without thinking, survivors if they are in my way, not communicating, or have shot at me-I'm not sure what I would do to hero characters, but chances are I would just move on unless they are targeting me. Dayz feels somewhat empty after you have enough kit(for me anyway), so now I take on little missions to give it some meaning-I'm always ready to kill bandits, somewhat ready to kill any survivor with a weapon, and occasionally shoot players doing stupid things like sitting on roofs just so they learn a lesson. My last mission was as a heli taxi for anyone who wanted a ride. It was fun, and was much needed practice at flying, even into A2 with bullets zinging off the chopper. It went great until I tried a combat landing at an airfield for a bandit who ran up to the chopper too soon as I landed too fast and "Boom!!", one dead bandit, one unconscious pilot and the end of the mission as some other player came over to the crash and promptly ran me over. I felt bad for the guy I crashed on as I had meant to pick him up and he ended up losing his gear to the server restart two minutes later. My only rule in Dayz is whatever I'm doing will be done honestly, if I say "friendly" I will be friendly, and if I don't like you I will just move on while watching to see if the player is trying to kill me. I have met a few decent players who I teamed up with for awhile, so I'm happy to not have to kill a player if they give me the opportunity to meet someone new without it ending in gunfire. In the end, don't bother getting mad at players for shooting or killing you, if they were bandits, what did you expect? If they are survivors, well bandits start somewhere, or they might be practising. Almost every death can teach you something to make you better. Sorry this was abit long.

• Like 1

Yeah, I understand and agree with a lot of what you're saying - my point was, I don't feel that it's fair to label someone who's not doing anything wrong a dick SOLELY because his way of playing a game conflicts directly with yours - nothing else, just playstyle.

To use your soccer analogy, it'd be like a particularly good winger or striker who keeps knocking the ball past you and running into space knowing he's too fast for you - he's not being a dick, he's just doing what works for him. Sure, if he's trash-talking when he does it, then we're entering 'dick' territory, but that's not the matter at hand here - we're discussing judging someone as a dick purely on the way they play the game. They've not broken any rules (or even etiquette, to be honest), they're not being abusive or trash-talking, they're just quietly getting on and doing their thing to the best of their ability. I don't see how that makes them a dick.

Difficult thing to leave feelings and emotions out a game which is built around immersion. Usually we call someone a dick if it somehow violates our sense of morality. So if someone considers killing another one immoral, they'll most likely call one who does so a dick or worse. This is not solely based on given rules, rather on a given morality. (Rules as well are based on a given morality.) So you can say, morality is the basement of rules and how you judge someone in regards of morals.

In an environment where rules are no longer enforced, morality still exists -> therefore dicks still exist as well.

But that's just based on how deep you (and your morality) are immersed into the game.

Maybe some don't care about morality in DayZ because they are not as deep immersed as others?

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 2