Abolition

DayZ is Dead in all its forms(We can do something about this)

I wasn't referring to you specifically calling anyone anything. However, when you said:

I presumed you were referring to my post about Abolition getting his panties in a twist about dgeesio's style of play. If that's not the case then it appears there have been some wires crossed.

As for the second part of your post - I feel no need to 'man up' by calling someone names from behind a keyboard, as 'manly' as I'm sure that pursuit is.

If you think sitting behind your screen and calling someone a dick is a good way of solving your problems with the way someone plays a game, more power to you buddy - let me know how that turns out for you. Meanwhile, I'll be over here making suggestions for what can be done to redress the problem as I see it and at least trying to be constructive.

LMAO - I'd say it to your face just as much as I would via any other medium. So you've never thought anyone ever that did a dickish move was a dickhead? You're simply lying if you say no and you know it - why you're continuing to argue I don't know since everyone here agrees on this point.

he was on about me its obvious lol it was straight after my post :lol:

dont worry about it its no issue or even worth wasting a breathe on internets is always a drama lama :)

It wasn't primarily about you and I have made my point clear from my first post on this thread. Just because it's a game doesn't exclude you or anyone else from being a dick, if you choose to play in such a way. Don't then start complaining if I or anyone else points out that it's a dick move to shoot a fresh spawn in the back. I'm not saying don't do it, but if it quacks like a duck....

Yeah, I understand and agree with a lot of what you're saying - my point was, I don't feel that it's fair to label someone who's not doing anything wrong a dick SOLELY because his way of playing a game conflicts directly with yours - nothing else, just playstyle.

To use your soccer analogy, it'd be like a particularly good winger or striker who keeps knocking the ball past you and running into space knowing he's too fast for you - he's not being a dick, he's just doing what works for him. Sure, if he's trash-talking when he does it, then we're entering 'dick' territory, but that's not the matter at hand here - we're discussing judging someone as a dick purely on the way they play the game. They've not broken any rules (or even etiquette, to be honest), they're not being abusive or trash-talking, they're just quietly getting on and doing their thing to the best of their ability. I don't see how that makes them a dick.

How is shooting a fresh spawn "Doing their own thing"? Seriosuly, you thinks that analogous to a really good football player. A correct analogy would be a football player who deliberately spoils the fun of another player by kicking him in the balls.

I assume that every time you've been shot in the back, unarmed that you thought "Oh happy days"? Unlikely, I bet your first thought was " what a dick" - a natural and normal human response to such an action. Mostly everyone here would think that way.

There's a video of one of the Warz devs being given a pistol from a player who he then shoots in the head in return (after whining like a girl he was going to get shot). The dislikes to that video are twice the number of likes and the comments go along the lines of "what a dick"

I think when i have the chance i'll give a palyer a gun then shoot him the moment he takes it...i guess he became a threat would be my answer??? Absolutely logical considering every player you come across plays like a dick they deserve to be slapped like one preemptively...

Difficult thing to leave feelings and emotions out a game which is built around immersion. Usually we call someone a dick if it somehow violates our sense of morality. So if someone considers killing another one immoral, they'll most likely call one who does so a dick or worse. This is not solely based on given rules, rather on a given morality. (Rules as well are based on a given morality.) So you can say, morality is the basement of rules and how you judge someone in regards of morals.

In an environment where rules are no longer enforced, morality still exists -> therefore dicks still exist as well.

But that's just based on how deep you (and your morality) are immersed into the game.

Maybe some don't care about morality in DayZ because they are not as deep immersed as others?

Could be that - but I think most people would think it's a dick move regardless of how immersed you get. We're also unable to work out if we have any sociopaths amongst us - people who feel no empathy towards other human beings and are freaks of society but would quite happily behave like dicks. I'm not arguing what type of people are doing it, or why they do it, or why people get more (or less) upset by such things - I'm simply saying that it's a dick move and fail to see how anyone can argue it isn't.

I think when i have the chance i'll give a palyer a gun then shoot him the moment he takes it...i guess he became a threat would be my answer??? Absolutely logical considering every player you come across plays like a dick they deserve to be slapped like one preemptively...

Certainly in the case with the WarZ dev it would have been the right thing to do (he later gets his ass owned later in the vid when his less than stella gaming skills get him murdered and he loses all the nice gear he got off the guy he killed earlier. Seems like a player who just wants to shoot other people, it doesn't matter whether it's with a pistol or a rifle, they just can't wait to go and kill someone.

...it doesn't matter whether it's with a pistol or a rifle, they just can't wait to go and kill someone.

Quite similar to DayZ...