LeeHarveyEnfield

a study of the carebear (ursus cura)

I logged into a non pvp server tonight and played with carebears, doing what carebears do.

what do carebears do? and what do they get out of a sterilised safe zombie apocalypse experience?

I haven't the foggiest idea, I did learn something though as I viewed the world through the strange terrified eyes of a carebear.

I met one at balota and studied him like the strange animal he is.

the carebear and his fears

The carebear, like all players fear death, dying, from zeds yes but his real fear, the thing he dreads more than anything is death from players and losing his gear to players, all those hours of being careful and lucky reduced, in a moment, to nothing at the whim of a cold uncaring stranger armed with quicker reactions, zero conscience and a total absence of hesitation when presented with the rank stupidity of another victim. No sir, not for me thank you sighs the relieved carebear.

it seems to me he fears defeat because, for christs sake he gets enough of that in real life, his life is one long trail of defeat piled upon defeat, he plays this game for fun goddammit and it ain't no fun dying all the time and being constantly reminded of his rank inferiority, this is not why he hides in his room hunched over a keyboard.

The carebear and his desires

to live in harmony with all other players, to exist within a culture of helpfulness and cooperation, in a world free of violent murder and theft and deceit, a womb in which to curl up and take refuge from the harsh realities of existence. A harp music filled playroom populated with friends and everyone has a car and you know that bob geezer, he will do anything for yer, a true gent he is, god I love it here.

in a nutshell they desire a life devoid of effort or risk.

my teacher explained the servers most holy laws

#1 don't kill players if a guy shoots you have to accept it, admin will refund your gear.

#2 don't steal, if you find a tent or vehicle or dead player you are not allowed to loot and that is considered theft and you will be banned

#3 no swearing or trolling in side chat, talking is fine but only friendly stuff

oh, and #4 have fun

the carebear and what he got

None of the above as it turns out as I promptly broke the 1st three rules by screaming 'ANARCHY MOTHERF*CKERS!!!' into  side chat while lighting my friend up with the DMR i'd just stolen from his backpack and all the time keeping one eye firmly fixed on rule #4.

Edited by LeeHarveyEnfield
  • Like 11

So was this suppose to be funny or something?  Because the only thing I got from this thread was you sounding ignorant.

• Like 10

So was this suppose to be funny or something?  Because the only thing I got from this thread was you sounding ignorant.

Might have something to do with this http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/152470-the-dayz-inaugural-troll-olympiad/#entry1527770

And people wonder why this place has gone to the shitter.

sure those rules sound stupid, I wouldnt play on it

But people do play on it, and people run that server with those rules 

Have some common decency for fucks sake 

Edited by Star Thornberry
  • Like 6

Might have something to do with this http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/152470-the-dayz-inaugural-troll-olympiad/#entry1527770

And people wonder why this place has gone to the shitter.

Agreed.

Why people are getting warning points and temp-banned for posting on these topics is beyond me. Clearly the problem is coming from Mr. Enfield and not the people post on his topics. Why doesn't he get banned. He's clearly trolling, trying to evoke response from the community. He's even said that multiple times.

I agree, this place is going to the shitter. And it's not only because of people like LeeHarvey, but because of nobody doing anything about it.

Edit- Oh wait. I get it now (looking back at my warning for posting on one of these). We can only READ these topics and not respond to them. This like is a community forum for people that like playing and talking about DayZ, but opinions aren't allowed if they criticize another members playstyle! God forbid.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 3

-Snip-

Raymond i feel that all you are doing is Feeding Him, Sorry but he would be licking the Tears off his monitor right now.... Best we can hope for is for him to POST his ingame name and we all go on a Hunting Spree...

Raymond i feel that all you are doing is Feeding Him, Sorry but he would be licking the Tears off his monitor right now.... Best we can hope for is for him to POST his ingame name and we all go on a Hunting Spree...

I'm on his ignore list, and even then none of my posts are aimed at insulting or offending him whatsoever. I could care less what he takes from any of this. My attitude is directed at the heads of this community and the people that participate here. It's time that we actually start demanding something better from this community, AKA no more plain-as-day trolls being allowed to post topics like this.

I'm not at all trying to feed anyone. The fact that you or anyone has to say that anyone is 'feeding' anyone is clear enough to the presence of a troll. I'm seriously not getting why members like us are getting punished for what we post on topics like this. It's not fair nor does it fall under what this forum should be.

• Like 1

I'm on his ignore list, and even then none of my posts are aimed at insulting or offending him whatsoever. I could care less what he takes from any of this. My attitude is directed at the heads of this community and the people that participate here. It's time that we actually start demanding something better from this community, AKA no more plain-as-day trolls being allowed to post topics like this.

I'm not at all trying to feed anyone. The fact that you or anyone has to say that anyone is 'feeding' anyone is clear enough to the presence of a troll. I'm seriously not getting why members like us are getting punished for what we post on topics like this. It's not fair nor does it fall under what this forum should be.

You cannot prove that LeeHarvey is a troll. Stupidity, as many of you appear to find LeeHarvey under, is not trolling. He is posting a story in the Bandit Campfire.

If you have a problem with how you were warned or why you were warned, take it up with Boneboys. Stop posting about it.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 4

You cannot prove that LeeHarvey is a troll. Stupidity, as many of you appear to find LeeHarvey under, is not trolling. He is posting a story in the Bandit Campfire.

If you have a problem with how you were warned or why you were warned, take it up with Boneboys. Stop posting about it.

It's not just me that is being warned or punished though, which is the base from which I am posting on. I could care less about my warning or suspension, but I'm more concerned about the community as a whole. I didn't know it was against the rules to post about or mention past infractions when it is part of a discussion, nor do I see it in the forum guidelines, but as you wish.

I can and most certainly will prove LeeHarvey IS a troll. He has posted content that would lead any sane person with the even the slightest bit of common sense and functioning vision to the conclusion that he is most certainly a troll.

rage, my good friend, fuels me

the rage that he bombarded me with after that was so special, so sweet, so full of shock and disbelief and fury and pain and disappointment and tears that I just cant bring myself to share it, not with you, not with anyone, it was 5 or 6 seconds of pure distilled unadulterated anguish sent from a tortured soul as if from the very depths of hells fiery pits of eternal suffering and it was still building to a climax when I kicked him off teamspeak.

and while he sat staring at the death screen I said lustily into direct chat 'that - felt - sooo - damned - goooooood' followed by loud raucous laughter, mine and my 4 friends who were watching and waiting for me to get done so we could go to the pub.

-Edit: I'm done on this crap. It's apparently going nowhere fast, and will simply result in me being banned from a forum that despite all reasons not to, I still passionately love to participate on. Why and when we have lost our ability to speak out against things has eluded me, but oh well. I guess I'll have to keep my opinions to myself regarding this forum and how it is run.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 1

Raymond Raymond Raymond...i recall rocket as saying he feeds of sweet tears ;)  I have been killed almost exactly how ole lee here dispatched this poor fellow in the other thread, i gave this dude a blood bag, just as i finished the animation, BAM, .45 to the face. It filled me with such rage, and i saw that it was good. The fact that this game could make yah feel that way about your player, that people could callously murder suckers etc... It made me take it to the next level, sorting yah self a possie, Being in a group, so an individual would be sent to the cold dark death screen if tried anything, having yah wars against appossing groups for control o nwa and starry... this is how you deal with this thing, adapt. That is the whole point of the game... not weeping about the way it has gone, get yah self a group, and take control of a server, kill bandits who dare trespass on your Territory.

Be proactive, or be a victim, its up to you.. either way i give ole lee my beans for an entertaining story. :beans:

had to edit in i was referencing his medic killin thread

Edited by KingOchaos
  • Like 2

Am I the only one that enjoys his stories?

Every person has a right to play the game they see fun, of course if this was done to me(assuming I played on said server) I'd probably get mad.

Gotta admit, man can write.

• Like 2

Gotta admit, man can write.

You really think that? My daughter crafted better stories when she was 8 with better paragraph and sentence structure as well as better flow to the story and more vivid and imaginative imagery. This poorly written and that is being favorable.

• Like 2

I always enjoy lees stories. They're fantastic reads.

The "problem" isnt the problem here, raymond. Your attitude to the problem is the problem. Lee doesn't come in here with the express intent of trolling anyone, he comes in here to post stories that he deems interesting. He doesn't do it to troll anyone. he is witty, and eloquent, and entertaining. When you post in these threads saying how you think he's trolling or how he's "bringing the forum down", you fail to realise that he is probably one of the few on here who is using the forum for exactly the purpose it was created for. So do yourself a favour and just stop posting if you have nothing to say about the story itself.

You really think that? My daughter crafted better stories when she was 8 with better paragraph and sentence structure as well as better flow to the story and more vivid and imaginative imagery. This poorly written and that is being favorable.

if you can do any better, i invite you to try.

Edited by DNolan
  • Like 2

This.

I've never joined a server like that and never will, especially with such ridiculous rules but you know what? I don't care if there are people who want to play in a certain way on their server. It's kinda ironic how some people insist no playstyle should be looked down upon and yet they have such a problem with a small minority playing the game in a way they want. To the extent that they will go out their way forcing their own playstyle and trying to ruin it for others. Why the hell do you care? Joining a server for the sole purpose of breaking the rules doesn't make you a badass, it makes you an asshole.

• Like 1

Raymond Raymond Raymond...i recall rocket as saying he feeds of sweet tears ;)  I have been killed almost exactly how ole lee here dispatched this poor fellow in the other thread, i gave this dude a blood bag, just as i finished the animation, BAM, .45 to the face. It filled me with such rage, and i saw that it was good. The fact that this game could make yah feel that way about your player, that people could callously murder suckers etc... It made me take it to the next level, sorting yah self a possie, Being in a group, so an individual would be sent to the cold dark death screen if tried anything, having yah wars against appossing groups for control o nwa and starry... this is how you deal with this thing, adapt. That is the whole point of the game... not weeping about the way it has gone, get yah self a group, and take control of a server, kill bandits who dare trespass on your Territory.

Be proactive, or be a victim, its up to you.. either way i give ole lee my beans for an entertaining story. :beans:

had to edit in i was referencing his medic killin thread

Not when someone goes on a non-pvp server with the express intent to kill people, that isn't playing the game the way it was meant. Like Rista said, those server owners put those rules in place because they wish to have something outside the normal realm of DayZ. Do I agree with those rules? Not really. Do those rules make the game better? In a way. Yes.

When I'm in game, I handle these types of situations as they arise. When I'm on the forum, I post things. Do the two always coincide in the way they work? NO.

• Like 1

The post is nothing more than an insulting sneer at how other people play the game. I suppose that's up to Lee and how he gets his kicks.

But the misuse of the word 'anarchy' has been noted. >:(

• Like 1

me too I have problem with carebear guys >:(

when I first play dayz best fun was carebear rodeo when I going no pvP server and make pvP until kick and ban :D

but I stop after I get ban from every no pvP server :|

for me is crazy to play game like dayz but take away risk and reward fear and fun, for me was like crusade to save lost carebear souls from eternity of bullshit gaming life :thumbsup:  ;)

I think lee doing same in his way so I say good work, nice write and keep doing good fight :beans:

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2

I can and most certainly will prove LeeHarvey IS a troll.

the only troll posting on his topics is you. If you don't like his stories try not reading them.

Obsessively flaming every topic he posts with strange accusations and mad sounding rants about the forums, if you don't like the forums why do you keep coming back?

Keep them coming OP, they always make me laugh, not least because of the reactions of guys like this.

the only troll posting on his topics is you. If you don't like his stories try not reading them.

Obsessively flaming every topic he posts with strange accusations and mad sounding rants about the forums, if you don't like the forums why do you keep coming back?

Keep them coming OP, they always make me laugh, not least because of the reactions of guys like this.

Cool beans bro. I haven't been flaming anyone. I'm expressing my opinion through words. I don't see why people think I'm 'obsessing' over LeeHarvey, fact of the matter is I couldn't care less. This is yet another topic that is available to read and post on in the forums, and I involve myself in most all discussions. If there is a serious issue with that, then why would a person ever make an account in the first place? There would be no reason to.

Can you read?

-Edit: I'm done on this crap. It's apparently going nowhere fast, and will simply result in me being banned from a forum that despite all reasons not to, I still passionately love to participate on. Why and when we have lost our ability to speak out against things has eluded me, but oh well. I guess I'll have to keep my opinions to myself regarding this forum and how it is run.

Read what you're quoting before you post. I have as much right as anyone to post my opinion on these forums.

Cool beans bro. I haven't been flaming anyone. I'm expressing my opinion through words. I don't see why people think I'm 'obsessing' over LeeHarvey, fact of the matter is I couldn't care less. This is yet another topic that is available to read and post on in the forums, and I involve myself in most all discussions. If there is a serious issue with that, then why would a person ever make an account in the first place? There would be no reason to.

Can you read?

Read what you're quoting before you post. I have as much right as anyone to post my opinion on these forums.

You're telling everyone you have just as much right to post your opinion on the forum and that's cool and all, we all know by now you don't like his stories. You don't need to say it in every thread he creates.

Lee has enough right to post his topics in this section telling his stories just as you can spam every thread of his and expressing your opinion. The difference is, MoDs take your actions as spam and negativity, because like I've said, we all know by now you dislike Lee and his stories.

• Like 1

Not when someone goes on a non-pvp server with the express intent to kill people, that isn't playing the game the way it was meant.

if you really want to open that can: non-pvp servers isn't the way the game was meant to be played.

but who are you or me to judge, how people should play? i am a carebear yet still enjoy LHEs posts more than your constant attempts at telling others how they should play.

• Like 3

No, Raymond is right. The game is "meant to be played" the way admins set up their private server, as simple as that. Whether we think the rules are lame or not is irrelevant. Playing on a no-pvp server with the whole intention of killing everyone is pretty much the definition of trolling.

• Like 2

No, e47 is correct :P

dayz have magic like no game I seeing before

magic coming from fear and all emotion we feel when we play

pvP is #1 reason for this :thumbsup:  :)

no pvP is remove 90% fear and also make less all reward and risk feel of game :huh:

me too I understand what Lee doing, he is like freedom fighter try to wake up carebear guys say 'COME ON GUYS PLAY FOR REAL NOT BULLSHIT VERSION NO FUN CAREBEAR WAY!!!'

but is separate issue, point is I enjoy story, I enjoy way he say what happen and I enjoy way he don't give fucks what guys think B)

for me carebear server is anti dayz philosophy for coward and bitch >:(

• Like 3

magic coming from fear and all emotion we feel when we play

pvP is #1 reason for this :thumbsup:  :)

no pvP is remove 90% fear and also make less all reward and risk feel of game :huh:

I agree, but that's beside the point. Don't forget that DayZ is a mod of ARMA and people who run their private server are free to set their own gameplay rules. The fact that you or me think that said rules are not in the spirit of the offical DayZ mod doesn't really matter. It's not much different from joining an ARMA server and TKing everyone for the lulz.

• Like 2

Morning everyone!

I would never condone breaking server rules. However I recognize I am reading a tale written by a forumer named LeeHarveyEnfield, which informs me much and I take it with many grains of salt. There's no way to know if he really did the deed or not. 

My interpretation is that this is mostly or all fabricated. More of a satire, a literary way to express his dissatisfaction with carebear types. A dedicated bandit worms his way into their little heaven and brings chaos to say, "Nowhere is safe you carebears!"

Next, he posted a bandit story in the bandit campfire section. I'd say his story is most appropriate for that. One expects to read about dastardly acts. And as a result, that bandit should expect some rage back at him for his dastardly acts. As KoS says, this is philosophy of DayZ; it is the eternal fight.

So long as forum rules are followed. I say let LeeHarvey triumph in his dickishness and let Raymond rage back at him. Once again, so as not to get any warning points myself, A NICE ARGUMENT ABOUT STUFF IS WONDERFUL SO LONG AS FORUM RULES ARE OBSERVED.

• Like 6