Sign in to follow this  
Forgewolf

Why no Zombie children again?

Children are brought in to chernarus at the age of 16.

Prior to that they don't exsist. 

I should seriously write the script for the next zombie game.... the plotholes would be epic.

OT: I'm assuming that it's some kind of moral/ legal objection. I.e If someone kills zombie children, then goes outside and kills a child and blames Dayz. 

Then Dean will get slammed for it.

Too much hassle

I am all for realism but killing kids zombie or not, just doesn't sit well for me

Well, the get eaten! :D I think there is no excuse for not having them in the game. Can't be so hard to resize some normals to say 60% and edit some proportions?

Well, the get eaten! :D I think there is no excuse for not having them in the game. Can't be so hard to resize some normals to say 60% and edit some proportions?

Thank you for your VALUABLE input in this subject, now please move along or at least bring something to the thread that has not been said already  <_<

Thank you for your VALUABLE input in this subject, now please move along or at least bring something to the thread that has not been said already  <_<

Why, somone is grumpy....

But, listen to me. In an zombie apocalypse there will be child zombies. There will be black zombies. Female zombies. Legless zombies. There will be toddler zombies. If you are not willing to either kill them or outrun them (which you can't in the SA) YOU WILL GET EATEN AND DIE. That's how life is, especially in an apocalypse. EAT OR GET EATEN. If it doesn't sit well with you to shoot a zombie, be it a child or you zombified wife, out run or out fly them OR DIE! It's called survival, look it up. This won't be a "I'd like to sit well" game.

Allright, so apart from that leaving children out of the game is an understandable process if that would cause it to be banned in other countries. Especially if the game will be only available through stream, which I would hate to see as they enforce governement standards there. How about releasing physical copies after the launch? You could just buy them on ebay or have friends send you one. Because that's what I'd do since Germany would certainly cencor or ban the game. Just ask some friends in the US to send me a copy.

Weparo out

Oh really now? Well gosh, let me just go back and re-read your.. Oh. Wait, hold on.

I guess I was right after all.

Well actually you weren't. You originally stated the fact of me losing respect was hilarious. In that quote, I merely said I would be disappointed, angered, and want to play the final game less. Respect was never said to be lost except for the excuse. So yes, you were wrong.

Ooh gosh, try again.

Even if I did lose respect, so what? I'm not one of those pricks out there knocking on the game trying to get people to not play it. Sometimes I find it funny how members of this community enjoy attacking opinions.

• Like 1

Why, somone is grumpy....

But, listen to me. In an zombie apocalypse there will be child zombies. There will be black zombies. Female zombies. Legless zombies. There will be toddler zombies. If you are not willing to either kill them or outrun them (which you can't in the SA) YOU WILL GET EATEN AND DIE. That's how life is, especially in an apocalypse. EAT OR GET EATEN. If it doesn't sit well with you to shoot a zombie, be it a child or you zombified wife, out run or out fly them OR DIE! It's called survival, look it up. This won't be a "I'd like to sit well" game.

You do realize that there are no such thing as Zombies, Anyway if it was real i would not have a problem killing who or whatever to protect my family. But i don't think they are a necessity in game. But there is no point getting all worked up on this issue as i can not see them ever being implemented 

Well actually you weren't. You originally stated the fact of me losing respect was hilarious. In that quote, I merely said I would be disappointed, angered, and want to play the final game less. Respect was never said to be lost except for the excuse. So yes, you were wrong.

Ooh gosh, try again.

Even if I did lose respect, so what? I'm not one of those pricks out there knocking on the game trying to get people to not play it. Sometimes I find it funny how members of this community enjoy attacking opinions.

"Attacking" opinions is what I do. I barely post nowadays unless I disagree with something. (Because, hey! Easy discussion.)

I do take that last message back, though. I misquoted(in two ways) and acted like a douche because of having been already annoyed for completely unrelated reasons.

These would've been the more appropriate messages for me to quote:

In a gameplay interview with Dean.. He said he didn't want to do it on some moral Standard..

If he actually said that, them I honestly have lost a bit of respect for him. That's a pretty lame excuse.

And in that light, I stand by what I said in my first message on Page 1.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

It really is not that simple...

• Like 1

"Attacking" opinions is what I do. I barely post nowadays unless I disagree with something. (Because, hey! Easy discussion.)

I do take that last message back, though. I misquoted(in two ways) and acted like a douche because of having been already annoyed for completely unrelated reasons.

These would've been the more appropriate messages for me to quote:

And in that light, I stand by what I said in my first message on Page 1.

That's your opinion. It's okay to have one :P

I stand by what I said as well.

• Like 1

AM I THE ONLY ONE MILDY CONCERNED WITH THE ETHICS OF THIS????!?!?!

• Like 1

You are welcome to move to those countries, run for office, and correct what you see as a poor political structure. Enjoy.

Not my country, not my problem. Those who live there should though : )

For some other people in here:

By the way.. Played some No more room in hell.. I thought nothing different about the zombie children as I did the zombie adults. 

Edited by Forgewolf

You do realize that there are no such thing as Zombies, Anyway if it was real i would not have a problem killing who or whatever to protect my family. But i don't think they are a necessity in game. But there is no point getting all worked up on this issue as i can not see them ever being implemented 

Well, if many countries would ban it I don't see the implementation neither. Which saddens me because this would be a very interesting aspect and add a lot of immersion imho. As for zombies not existing, how do you know that the CIA or NSA haven't created some 28 Days later style infected? I bet they would if they could! I really think that there is an issue with people (like the guy below) feeling ok to shoot a 18 y/o animaton but start screaming when you think of defendig yourself against a, say 14 y/o. Hell, I'm 18, so I'm free for all, but two years ago I'd have been spared? Dafuq is that logic. Also, lets not forget that we are talking about VIRTUAL, that is PC GENERATED ZOMBIES. Not about shooting the kids at my school. Notice the difference?

Mate, are you sure that you are in the right forum? We are talking about Dayz SA here, where zombies, big and small try to kill you and eat your guts. Kill or get killed.

Wearo out

• Like 1

Now from a gameplay perspective, child zombies are just a variant that require it's own skeleton, body and animation (and clothes). So for the devs it's more of a case of "does this add anything of value to the gameplay, or are we better off making another adult zombie variant that will use adult skeleton, animations, and most likely cut down the work by using some of the adult zombie body".

It takes less time to model another head; add some clothes and retexture a zombie than it takes to make a completely new entity.

• Like 1

Now from a gameplay perspective, child zombies are just a variant that require it's own skeleton, body and animation (and clothes). So for the devs it's more of a case of "does this add anything of value to the gameplay, or are we better off making another adult zombie variant that will use adult skeleton, animations, and most likely cut down the work by using some of the adult zombie body".

It takes less time to model another head; add some clothes and retexture a zombie than it takes to make a completely new entity.

Exactly. I don't understand why people think that something hard and rather pointless to make is a bad excuse. I mean, if DayZ really wanted realism, then they would have to model hundreds of different guns, all of which there would only be 1 or 2 of globally, because rare guns make it everywhere. But it would be pointless to even bother doing that.

I was just thinking, every time some bandit caps a 10-year old squeaker, a child is being murdered in-game. ^_^

• Like 2

I don't see why Australia, NZ and Germany get on their high horse when it comes to killing young humans, all they are is pixels, if it was a real apocalypse I guess you'd needa kill children too, all they are is humans who haven't been alive very long

mfw 'ethics in Dayz forums'

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 1

I don't see why Australia, NZ and Germany get on their high horse when it comes to killing young humans, all they are is pixels, if it was a real apocalypse I guess you'd needa kill children too, all they are is humans who haven't been alive very long

The same way usa impose their ban on nudity to everyone. They think they are right.

• Like 3

As a german (I only lived there 40% of my life time though) the answer is easy: A buch of retarded idiotic buerocrats, that have no fucking clue about what they are talking about. About any topic. They like to present themselves as the voices of reason (no killing of children, duh) whilst talking absolute bs. Obviously the media LOVES to blow these stories to some incredible BS story about how many psychopats would go murder children after playing such games. And the german (mostly lefties and treehugging idiots) ADORE reading such nonsense to then make a huge fuss about how fucked up the internet and the world is.

hence.... I'm emmigrating asap :D

EDIT:

The same way usa impose their ban on nudity to everyone. They think they are right.

This pisses me off to an extent no words can describe. Eventually you can't even breast feed in public. !*%$+.......! (insert enormous rant here)

Edited by Weparo

Realism? Well, if you want to have child zombies because they are realistic, you would have to add the possiblity to play a child. Which would require alot of work.

• Like 1

Realism? Well, if you want to have child zombies because they are realistic, you would have to add the possiblity to play a child. Which would require alot of work.

Damnit, you just stole my thunder! Oh well, thanks for the segue I suppose.

I'm in line with SalamaderAnder on my thinking. But a few thoughts:

I played for awhile as female skin to see how it might affect my survivability.  I can't know for sure, but it did seem like I got less random kos, especially long distance kos. Part of DayZ is manipulating player's sympathies whenever possible! Bandits would not run into the fray yelling "Friendly" if it didn't have an effect. As a child player character, you might have diminished abilities. But it might be harder for other players to so willy nilly put a round in your temple. You'd be smaller target too. In a real apocalypse, we might in fact use children as scouts on account of their size. I could see this option favoring many folks' play style.

The fact that some players are uneasy about shooting children zombies is exactly why it should be in game. Somewhere between 25%-50% of Dayz players are uneasy about shooting other players. Knowing full well it is just a game and entirely fake BUT ALSO suspending disbelief and pretending on some level it is real so one can identify emotionally with the content displayed. I don't know yet how I'd be about shooting children zombies. My sense is I'll try to avoid killing them when possible. Because it is disturbing and when the game finally forces me to cross that line, I want to be disturbed! Among all the other genre defining/genre bending elements this game includes, is not one survival horror? Horror? I want horror. You want horror? Probably nothing more unpleasant than having to put a child down.

But if it's true that half the player base is removed because of local laws, then forget it.

• Like 1

I just hope they are rare.  seeing the streets filled with children will break my immersion (and be annoying since they have smaller hitboxes -_-).  I am looking outside my window and I see mostly adults. 

Does it honestly matter... will zombie children redefine the game? <_<

Well, if many countries would ban it I don't see the implementation neither. Which saddens me because this would be a very interesting aspect and add a lot of immersion imho. As for zombies not existing, how do you know that the CIA or NSA haven't created some 28 Days later style infected? I bet they would if they could! I really think that there is an issue with people (like the guy below) feeling ok to shoot a 18 y/o animaton but start screaming when you think of defendig yourself against a, say 14 y/o. Hell, I'm 18, so I'm free for all, but two years ago I'd have been spared? Dafuq is that logic. Also, lets not forget that we are talking about VIRTUAL, that is PC GENERATED ZOMBIES. Not about shooting the kids at my school. Notice the difference?

Immersion put down the Bong wtf tell me what sought of "Immersion" you get from killing Kids, You should really refrain from posting as you are clearly out of your depth. And real Zombies need i say any more FACE DESK

Yet another reason why children should not be allowed to post here