Sign in to follow this  
Forgewolf

Why no Zombie children again?

post-104404-0-31531700-1383629176_thumb.

The developers of No More Room in Hell have Zombie children. I haven't got to see any action in this game, but still.. THEY have zombie children.. they are shooting for a realistic, immersive zombie apocalypse and I thought Day Z was shooting for the same thing?

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

The developers of No More Room in Hell have Zombie children. I haven't got to see any action in this game, but still.. THEY have zombie children.. they are shooting for a realistic, immersive zombie apocalypse and I thought Day Z was shooting for the same thing?

I don't think zombie children have been shot down in standalone, yet. I'm really hoping they're in the game. I'll be admittedly VERY disappointed in the dev team if they aren't. And kind of pissed at the standalone.

Not kidding. It's one of the things that will make me kind of not want to play the game. It's that important.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 1

I believe dean said it would take to much time or something like that. plus it would be kind of pointless. almost all of the zombies in the game you mentioned are shamblers, besides reanimated players. so having zed children adds a challenge because they can run. in dayz all the zed are runners so the only real difference would be the model.

I believe dean said it would take to much time or something like that. plus it would be kind of pointless. almost all of the zombies in the game you mentioned are shamblers, besides reanimated players. so having zed children adds a challenge because they can run. in dayz all the zed are runners so the only real difference would be the model.

Don't forget size does matter too. Perhaps the Zombie children could also run faster than regular zombies?

I don't think zombie children have been shot down in standalone, yet. I'm really hoping they're in the game. I'll be admittedly VERY disappointed in the dev team if they aren't. And kind of pissed at the standalone.

Not kidding. It's one of the things that will make me kind of not want to play the game. It's that important.

In a gameplay interview with Dean.. He said he didn't want to do it on some moral Standard.. worrying people would get butt hurt.. I say screw those people

• Like 1

If he actually said that, them I honestly have lost a bit of respect for him. That's a pretty lame excuse, all you have to do is get a texture modeling guy to work on them for a few Weeks. They don't have to be in the 'alpha'. They can.and should be in the full release.

Unlike most stupid ideas that may be pointless. It adds realism to the game that could be crucial. Were all the people in Chernarus sterile? I don't think so.

It's anything but a bad idea. An answer that it would take too long by rocket, is a seriously lame fucking excuse... No matter how much respect I have for him, that's a bad showing.

• Like 3

Don't forget size does matter too. Perhaps the Zombie children could also run faster than regular zombies?

In a gameplay interview with Dean.. He said he didn't want to do it on some moral Standard.. worrying people would get butt hurt.. I say screw those people

I say screw those people too. I can't believe rocket would conform to shit like that...

Honestly everyday I hear more and more shit that despite my excitement for it, makes me NOT want Rupp get unsolved with standalone at all. It may sound harsh, but this has to be a good game. I think people may be a little too exited for but, its justifiable to say that I really don't wanna be disappointed

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 1

If he actually said that, them I honestly have lost a bit of respect for him. That's a pretty lame excuse, all you have to do is get a texture modeling guy to work on them for a few Weeks. They don't have to be in the 'alpha'. They can.and should be in the full release.

Unlike most stupid ideas that may be pointless. It adds realism to the game that could be crucial. Were all the people in Chernarus sterile? I don't think so.

It's anything but a bad idea. An answer that it would take too long by rocket, is a seriously lame fucking excuse... No matter how much respect I have for him, that's a bad showing.

We definetly need a variety of zombies.. We need crawlers.. Zombies missing their legs, dragging themselves upon the ground. We need zombies inside buildings that don't reanimate till a player is real close to them. We need Zombie children to crawl out from under a bed, table or a bush to attack players.

• Like 8

While I don't think child zombies are unrealistic, you could justify their absence with the disease killing them instead of turning them. A healthy adult might survive the symptoms and remain infected, but sick, young and old people might not have the strength and just die. This is of course different to NMRIH because the zombies in that game are undead.

• Like 6

nobody on chernaus has kids XD

You might have a point, in the campaign Chernarus isn't exactly the safest place to be. Families might have sent their children away to live with relatives in safer countries, so there's hardly any small children around. Even if that didn't happen, it's possible when the zombies came they were evacuated.

• Like 2

Because rigging and creating new animation trees for tiny zombies would be totally painstaking and take up lots of development. Rocket also wants fat zombies, but the same issues apply. It's just not the primary focus right now.

• Like 5

I am all for realism but killing kids zombie or not, just doesn't sit well for me

• Like 1

Why no Zombie children again?

1. There are more important issues to devote time to

2. Some people would collapse in angst

Reason 1 is fine, reason 2 is stupid, it's a mix of both.

• Like 2

I would love zombie children, I want to cap there knees with a m1911..

Man, i'm so violent, I think ive been reading to many of Kos's posts.

I'm gonna go download that game now, I want to shoot zombie children :D

Edited by C0okieH
  • Like 1

Can I just lay myself across both sides of the argument?

If someone is playing zombie games(or games like BF or CoD) where they're gunning down hundreds of people in a couple hours, but are so mortally struck by their consciousness when they see a virtual child that they can't click their mouse, I don't think those people should play heavy shooters at all. It's not real, just bash that thing into the ground. Stomp for good measure.

As for actually having them added or not, losing respect for a developer because he won't do it (looking at you, Raymond) is kind of hilarious. Rocket is an employee, still. If the publisher (Bohemia) doesn't want us to be able to shoot kids, Rocket can't do anything about it.

And if Rocket doesn't want them added, so what? Just look at L4D, Killing Floor, Dead Rising, The Last of Us, Resident Evil, etc. None of those had killable children as far as I can remember, but were they bad or unrespectable games? No.

Then there's games like Dead Space where you are literally stomping on babies. Why weren't people losing their shit over that?

I don't think zombie children would add anything to DayZ. Someone mentioned that they could be faster because they were smaller but that's not how legs work. They're faster in NMRiH because the adults -- for the most part -- don't run, while all of the children do. And like Chris529 said, the virus would be more likely to just kill them due to their weaker immunity system, than turn them.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 9

children are slower runners than adults, if you mean healthy (before infection obviously) specimens. kids can typically run around for longer, but in a constant run they are slower and have less stamina. children are small anyway, as far as im concerned they were all completely devoured as soon as zombies found them, easy meal and a good hearty dinner.

I would love zombie children, I want to cap there knees with a m1911..

Man, i'm so violent, I think ive been reading to many of Kos's posts.

I'm gonna go download that game now, I want to shoot zombie children :D

your avatar suits you actually no it doesn't i am sure the boy in the picture has more sense than you

We definetly need a variety of zombies.. We need crawlers.. Zombies missing their legs, dragging themselves upon the ground. We need zombies inside buildings that don't reanimate till a player is real close to them. We need Zombie children to crawl out from under a bed, table or a bush to attack players.

Crawlers would die of blood loss or pain. They are alive, they do not reanimate

• Like 1

If you add zombie children and the ability to kill them then you can go ahead and tell Australia to fuck off when Standalone is released. Dean mostly wants this game to be known and played worldwide. Adding kill-able Zed children will knock quite a few countries off the eligibility list. 

Exactly. There is a plausible explanation for no kid zombies. Perhaps their immune system couldn't handle the virus as well as adults, so they died

If you add zombie children and the ability to kill them then you can go ahead and tell Australia to fuck off when Standalone is released. Dean mostly wants this game to be known and played worldwide. Adding kill-able Zed children will knock quite a few countries off the eligibility list. 

Add Germany and the UK to that list as the tabloid press will go spastic.

• Like 1

Exactly. There is a plausible explanation for no kid zombies. Perhaps their immune system couldn't handle the virus as well as adults, so they died

Ehhh, I think if one has to search for explanations that's a sign something's not quite right... anyways, I don't really care about zombie kids. Not an issue for me either way.

But, there were plenty of zombie kids in "The Walking Dead". I saw zombie children in several movies. So why do people get all inflamed about them being in a video game? These movies and shows are much more gruesome and emotional than a game.

I don't get it.

• Like 2

I myself would be rather disgusted having Zombie children.. But hey, that's my opinion. It's just really creepy thinking about dead children, they never even grew up and got to live their lives.. I know it's virtual but those thoughts come up when I played No More Room In Hell a few days ago seeing zombie children.

I'd be against it, but most of you have great arguments why they should be added.

• Like 1

Ehhh, I think if one has to search for explanations that's a sign something's not quite right... anyways, I don't really care about zombie kids. Not an issue for me either way.

But, there were plenty of zombie kids in "The Walking Dead". I saw zombie children in several movies. So why do people get all inflamed about them being in a video game? These movies and shows are much more gruesome and emotional than a game.

I don't get it.

If a virus is very powerful, it can weaken the body to the extent that they wither away very quickly. A child's immune system is unlikely to withstand the virus that makes people go insane. Adults have a stronger immune system, so they are only lightly affected, as their immune system might protect against some features of the virus