SmashT

November Round-up

The waiting sure brings out the worst in some people.

The way certain people behave is in my mind retarded!

The waiting sure brings out the worst in some people.

The way certain people behave is in my mind retarded!

I agree i feel it on myslef .

BUT its not retarded it just shows the passion this community has for this game even acting like little angry kids...

PLUS: i have to add , your post is more useless than any above yours.

Edited by Feanorfeuergeist

I agree i feel it on myslef .

BUT its not retarded it just shows the passion this community has for this game even acting like little angry kids...

PLUS: i have to add , your post is more useless than any above yours.

meh!

I'm hoping for some sort of weekly update. Have they made progress on any of the three remaining points Dean presented.

I'm hoping for some sort of weekly update. Have they made progress on any of the three remaining points Dean presented.

Don't hold your breath

well here is the thing with the release.  At this point they are just trying to get the game to be playable; don't confuse that with "fun" or "feature rich" or "deep" or anything else.

wherever they are in those regards is, well..., where they are, and that probably doesn't mean a whole lot, Sure it's great if the early access release is balls fun but that isn't their goal.  They want to get a stable version of the game out so it can be tested on a large scale.  I am sure they will learn a lot and the development of the game will accelerate greatly once this happens. 

So I would guess Rocket and his team are very eager to get this early access build out and into players hands because they know the process will get kicked into high gear once this happens... unless the build is so broken that doing that would actually be step backwards.  Only they know when they feel comfortable that isn't the case.

If you understand that then you can take a deep breath and fully understand they want the early access build out the door as soon as humanly possible, but not at the expense of the process.

• Like 5

well here is the thing with the release.  At this point they are just trying to get the game to be playable; don't confuse that with "fun" or "feature rich" or "deep" or anything else.

Not sure where you are getting this. The mod is already fun, (in it's own unique, frustrating way) so why wouldn't the Standalone? It has all the same features and then some. Also, I would say that actually, it is quite feature rich, considering the progress we can clearly see in the dev-blogs and in the screen shots. Not trying to start a flame war here, but what exactly do you consider to constitute features? Because to me, a new inventory system, upping the zombie count and pathing abilities, clothing items, shoes, item degradation, restraints, melee combat including fisticuffs, knocking players unconscious, weapon attatchments, new player animations, interiors for 95% of buildings, 8 real life diseases which can spread via items, food, ect, and medicine for each one, dynamic weather and a new lighting engine - those are all features. I get what you are saying, it doesn't contain all of the features that are ultimately planned for the game, but that indeed constitutes a huge amount of progress.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

Russian testers have said the the game is already more fun than the mod, event in it's current state. So don't play games trying to lower our expectations. It's gonna be awesome! 

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 1

well I believe the dev team has very large plans for this game.  I would say the early access release will barely scratch the surface of their vision.  You know, hardly any guns, no vehicles, etc...   They want to get the framework in place to support these things and some limited/core amount of functionality ready for testing but that is it.  Whoever gets in early access shouldn't have any great expectations.  However I bet if the game is at least fairly successful at release the next 6 months will bring a whole bunch of updates, changes and improvements.

• Like 1

a friendly reminder:

participating in an early alpha may, and i repeat, MAY ruin or at least alter your gaming experience very very drastically. Especially if one is desperately looking forward to a game. By the time the game reaches the level of one's own inner secret expectations it may be too late and the person may not be interested any longer in the product.

so BEWARE and ask yourself

Is the journey part of your destination or really only the destination your reward?

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 4

a friendly reminder:

participating in an early alpha may, and i repeat, MAY ruin or at least alter your gaming experience very very drastically. Especially if one is desperately looking forward to a game. By the time the game reaches the level of one's own inner secret expectations it may be too late and the person may not be interested any longer in the product.

so BEWARE and ask yourself

Is the journey part of your destination or really only the destination your reward?

Wise words there. Many of my friends are so eager to play the alpha but I keep telling them they might get bored of the game when it reaches it's final and meant stage.

For this reason I'll buy the alpha and play a few hours just to see what it's like, but then wait until february-march

• Like 1

Could be that they release alpher once we reach 200 pages of bad, very unforumic replies.

Hype Train = Dead

Communications = Dead

Me = Dead

Hype Train = Dead

Communications = Dead

Me = Dead

It's the weekend you dildo sheath. 

• Like 3

It's the weekend you dildo sheath. 

Fuck you for making me laugh.

Oh yeah, it's the weekend.

CARRY ON

That screenshot from Hicks is outrageous. I'm literally raging from happiness! Just put my fist through the wall from rage filled happiness. It's out baby! The rage is out and it is truly rageous.

But seriously the level of scale suggested in that shot enthuses me about the plausibility of 100+ pop servers.Two teams of 4 could easily have a battle that feels expansive and natural, just within that picture. That's 8 players in just some small section of whatever city that is.

That screenshot from Hicks is outrageous. I'm literally raging from happiness! Just put my fist through the wall from rage filled happiness. It's out baby! The rage is out and it is truly rageous.

But seriously the level of scale suggested in that shot enthuses me about the plausibility of 100+ pop servers.Two teams of 4 could easily have a battle that feels expansive and natural, just within that picture. That's 8 players in just some small section of whatever city that is.

I agree, the look and feel of those buildings just get me even more excited and now it occurs to me that it may be safer to be inside a building then outside.. depending on the situation...

• Like 1

Days are melting together here, I no longer know if its monday or friday, nothing intresting happens in life... I need something to do... I can't be the only one. Don't tell me to go out, that only causes more trouble!

Edited by Aporis
  • Like 2

Days are melting together here, I no longer know if its monday or friday, nothing intresting happens in life... I need something to do... I can't be the only one. Don't tell me to go out, that only causes more trouble!

Its Saturday and you need to go outside

• Like 1

Yeah, those apartments are going to be intense. Imagine when we see barricades implemented. They might become these weird kind of internally contested player held zones where people will be doing CQB, maybe even trying to hold off zombie hoards (if we do indeed see a day when 100+ players and 3000 zombies is feasible). And just look at Nether, trying to say that the "verticality" of their map is unique. Psh. I will accept no substitutes. I think it will probably be at least 5 - 10 years before we see anything that can remotely rival the scope and magnitude of this game.

• Like 2