meat pie

People just dont do role playing anymore

so I was looking for a full server to do some roleplaying on I see one with 68/69 players.
SCORE! I thought,then I saw the mod.

IT was overwatch :(

Well Its worth a try I thought I log in and make my way to elctro,I spawn with a six shooter,not to op I think.

make my way to elctro and hide in the church,I find a wincherster on the way.
I go in close the doors and tell everyone over global chat that it is my home.

Was going to go let people come for food but then the doors open and no one is there.

? I was ready but then to bandit heads pop out (Must of been looking for me with third person cam no sportsmen ship) and go in and shoot me with some ar.
I die and hit one of them.

WOW they did not get the point. 

Kids these days its sad hopefully SA has less dum asses.

Thanks

• Like 1

Saying you've taken the church in Elektro always ends in death.

• Like 10

Haha Gews! I play hero on servers where I frequent but occasionally I get pissed at dying and want some action. Easiest way I've found is to claim ownership of anything in Elektro. Based on the action I always get I figured most people already know 'I own the church' was universal language for 'come at me bro' to the whole server. 

To OP:Maybe they were devoutly religious and you just did something very sacrilegious to them? Either way I'm sure that even in RL, if an armed man shouted out from a local church that he now owned the place, the end result would likely be the same. Roleplaying and realism in one.

• Like 1

Im not exactly sure what you mean lol. Explain in more detail what you mean by role plying.

Has it ever been possible in this game to go into the Elektro church, claim at as your own and not get killed shortky after?

I assume your just trolling.

Have you ever heard of people role playing in CoD?

Coz thats whats DayZ has (sadly) become.

• Like 1

I still roleplay! My character is a criminally insane sociopath who shoots everyone on a never-ending quest to become the last "human" on earth.

• Like 2

I still roleplay! My character is a criminally insane sociopath who shoots everyone on a never-ending quest to become the last "human" on earth.

Hello and welcome!

I'm Applejaxc, a DayZ hero and growing youtuber. I know it's rare to meet someone in DayZ that isn't a complete ***hole, and you might not believe me... but I have plenty of video evidence: Applejaxc

ummwut
  • Like 2

The fact that people need to role play, to accompishe authentic player behaviour, is showing us that DayZ mod just failed. It is no survival game (I probably said that 10 times by now in this forum). Life is worth sh*t. I don't want to pretend that my life is worth something, I actually want it to be worth something.

I do not want to role play, but to do it because of actually emotions. Fear, frustration, fear, desperation, fear, rage, fear, fear, fear...

This is what DayZ was supposed to be. You were not role playing, but you feared to die. Your hands were actually shaking and your heartbeat was going up as hell. But, as life is worth nothing in DayZ, people do not fear death anymore. They don't even fear losing the stuff, because it is so easy to obtain again.

Nope, without a character developement system the game will stay a KoS CoD action game.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

I just found a great roleplay server,ignore that it is over watch its called fox roleplay.

Just look it up on commander its good fun most of the time.

Thanks and this was just a overall role play descution topic.

Hello and welcome!

I'm Applejaxc, a DayZ hero and growing youtuber. I know it's rare to meet someone in DayZ that isn't a complete ***hole, and you might not believe me... but I have plenty of video evidence: Applejaxc

ummwut

Yeah well. Well... well... I... um... *KNOCKOUT PUNCH!* ... did that work?

so I was looking for a full server to do some roleplaying on I see one with 68/69 players.

SCORE! I thought,then I saw the mod.

IT was overwatch :(

Well Its worth a try I thought I log in and make my way to elctro,I spawn with a six shooter,not to op I think.

make my way to elctro and hide in the church,I find a wincherster on the way.

I go in close the doors and tell everyone over global chat that it is my home.

Was going to go let people come for food but then the doors open and no one is there.

? I was ready but then to bandit heads pop out (Must of been looking for me with third person cam no sportsmen ship) and go in and shoot me with some ar.

I die and hit one of them.

WOW they did not get the point. 

Kids these days its sad hopefully SA has less dum asses.

Thanks

Roleplaying a KoS Bandit is the easy way...but honestly...you were an idiot for telling where you were.

Same as with Sahrani Life...shooting others and claiming to be a murderer roleplayng was a main problem on the servers. But there were also some problems with cop players shooting others just for fun because they thought it was meant to be played this way ( "We have guns so why don't we just shoot them?" ), luckily i was part of a very active admin team. Then whining about beeing shot to death with return fire or locked up for too long although they knew what was coming when we arrested them... :lol:

i doing roleplay :thumbsup:  :D

It's just that roleplaying hasn't ever interested me a single bit, never has. Tbh, I find it arrogant that someone would think they could "claim" a building like the electro church. I don't even have the arrogance to claim my own tent that hasn't been found for 9 months (placed it inside of a roadblock).

Most roleplaying I did was when I was 13, playing soldier. I just think it's ridiculous. It would be nice if you could drop the arrogance of calling other people names because they don't want to join in on your... thing.

Edited by Ratiasu

Possessions and locations in DayZ do not have owners, only users.

Best way to role-play is the passive style:

I'm a hero, I shoot Bandits, I attempt to help bambis.. 

You can only control how you play the game.. not how others play. Also, try Vanilla.

Role-playing - you act out a role. The misnomer of "bandit" is a great example - when's the last time you were actually held up - when you could have easily been held up because your head was in a loot pile but no, you get shot. A roleplayer would talk to you over voice and tell you to lay down, etc

Would be ncie but most players don't have the wit or imagination for such a thing.

• Like 1

I'm still scavenging for a decent nurse's uniform with stilettos and an enema kit.

• Like 1