griffinz

FORUM BEING FIXED

some functions not working properly on chrome.Chrome - latest. I use IE only for day z forum.

Please' date=' fix a search function for the forums!

[/quote']

I use it all the time?

You are the only one.

Not saying it doesn't work, just sayin'.

Thanks for dropping in, Pirata Nervo :)

Like I said, we are working on a new website/forum, so we probably won't make any of the larger changes to these forums.

So I'm the only one having the weird de-synced forum time issue? I've kept an eye on it, and it seems that with every passing hour, the forum time skips a couple of minutes ahead of the real time. It's now 2:41 AM for me, and forum time says 3:26 AM.

So I'm the only one having the weird de-synced forum time issue? I've kept an eye on it' date=' and it seems that with every passing hour, the forum time skips a couple of minutes ahead of the real time. It's now 2:41 AM for me, and forum time says 3:26 AM.

[/quote']

I am having it, too.

So I'm the only one having the weird de-synced forum time issue? I've kept an eye on it' date=' and it seems that with every passing hour, the forum time skips a couple of minutes ahead of the real time. It's now 2:41 AM for me, and forum time says 3:26 AM.

[/quote']

I am having it, too.

Ah ok, good to know, lol. I was already looking to delete cookies and check my browser etc. :)

I'd like to offer some revised CSS for the message at the top of the page. Currently it's always 10 pixels wider than the user's screen resolution. It causes a horizontal scroll bar.

Padding-top and padding-bottom are used instead of padding: 5px;

.trumpet {
position: absolute;
-moz-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
-webkit-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
-ms-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
-o-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out;
z-index: -1;
font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, san-serif;
font-size: 18px;
top: -50px;
left: 0;
opacity: 0;
filter: progid:dximagetransform.microsoft.alpha(Opacity=0);
width: 100%;
color: #DDD;
padding-top: 5px;
padding-bottom: 5px;
text-align: center;
background-color: #333;
border-bottom: 1px solid black;
}

on a side note' date=' could the code tags create a box around things wrapped in them.

Also the reply editor doesn't quite work, here's the issues.

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/stylesheet.css

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/images/television.gif

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/images/color.gif

Also your error pages are missing 2 images

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/nginx-logo.png

Failed to load resource: 404 (Not Found) http://dayzmod.com/forum/undefinededitor_themes/default/poweredby.png

Oh and, "Lite (Archive) Mode" Does not work.

[/quote']

Bumped because no one else did

[/quote']

I am having it, too.

Ah ok, good to know, lol. I was already looking to delete cookies and check my browser etc. :)

I have this issue as well.

I would also like to point out that if you are sick of the black and red forum colour, you can go to your "User CP" (at the top of the page), "Edit Options", and under "Themes" choose "white". It also changes some other layouts

any chance anything I posted will be addressed? I assure you it's almost no work at all to fix.

It's kind of irritating have a screwed up reply editor...

any chance anything I posted will be addressed? I assure you it's almost no work at all to fix.

It's kind of irritating have a screwed up reply editor...

Will pass it on

while your fixing can you please remove the Users browsing this forum or at least move it to the bottom of the page

Done.

Thanks for asking politely.

thank you for doing it :)

Go to your User CP settings and set your timezone correctly then.

Errr...yah. Timezones differ in hours' date=' not minutes, so it's impossible this could be caused by a faulty timezone setting. Obviously, changing my timezone (which was already set to the right one) didn't help a single bit.

When I made that post, the forum time was about 20-21 minutes ahead of my time. Now it seems to be about 28 minutes ahead.

-edit: here, let me make it more clear to you:

[img']http://i45.tinypic.com/2w6x5zs.png

In case you don't know, the time/date is generated by PHP, thus it is most likely an incorrect PHP configuration or something else in the server configuration.

The only thing MyBB does is use PHP functionalities to have the time and date displayed correctly based on your timezone.

In case you don't believe me, here it is:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9593684/php-date-function-gets-wrong-minutes-why

@Griff If you need any help, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Go to your User CP settings and set your timezone correctly then.

Errr...yah. Timezones differ in hours' date=' not minutes, so it's impossible this could be caused by a faulty timezone setting. Obviously, changing my timezone (which was already set to the right one) didn't help a single bit.

When I made that post, the forum time was about 20-21 minutes ahead of my time. Now it seems to be about 28 minutes ahead.

-edit: here, let me make it more clear to you:

[img']http://i45.tinypic.com/2w6x5zs.png

In case you don't know, the time/date is generated by PHP, thus it is most likely an incorrect PHP configuration or something else in the server configuration.

The only thing MyBB does is use PHP functionalities to have the time and date displayed correctly based on your timezone.

In case you don't believe me, here it is:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9593684/php-date-function-gets-wrong-minutes-why

@Griff If you need any help, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

In short: forum time is messed up.

Not sure why so many people are trying to tell these guys to get new forum software. In my experience (I do have quite a bit, or so I'd like to think), MyBB is one of the best there is. It's free and still very, very secure. It's administration panel is very easy to use and navigate, as well as it's user control panel. The plugin system makes it very easy to develop your own plugins for it or just implement other's plugins.

Stick with MyBB. You won't regret it.

Don't know if it is just me or not but the forums go down a lot and can't refresh just get a screen saying to click to find a live version of the forum.

Yea seemed to be having a little trouble the last hour

lol everyone's are going crazy for example if user 1's local time was 5:00 PM and they post at 5:00 PM then user 2 with a timezone of maybe 4:00PM posts at 4:00 PM their time there post will be higher up, i just stole someone's thread because my timezone is earlier so it shows up as i created it.

Time is still effed up.

I have just adjusted my own time zone nonsensically' date=' and decided not to worry about 8 minutes differrence.

[/quote']

Time on the top right corner of the forum is now fairly accurate; it's only 2-3 minutes ahead of the actual time for me.

-edit: Ok, wut....

I quoted the 2nd to last post, and my post ends up above it? How is that possible? The two posts below my post (this one) were already there when I decided to post. The supposed time of posting of the posts by Digraced and Stryker are 03:44 and 04:26. I posted around 02:09, with those two posts already being there.

Unless I invented time-traveling by accident, something is really wrong here. :D

Test! (posted at 2:19 forum time, 2:17 on my PC)

Is it normal your not allowed to post in the forums more than once in thirty (!) minutes. Every time I try to reply in a thread I get a message telling 'I'm trying to post to soon after posting a previous message. Wait another x seconds...' (the seconds count down, when trying to post this the first time I was on 613 seconds)

While my last actual post in on the forums was hours ago ?? Wat the...

My replies are not being saved, it looks like, at least not in the pending update thread.