r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

Question about a weapon attachment; would we be able to attach a scope onto a crossbow? :)

For now no. We can only use attachments on weapons that have base systems example the m4a1

ma41 < > m4a1_aim (these already exist ingame)

So we can attach the AIM scope to the m4a1 to give you the M4a1_AIM. 

Any hope for adding, say a scope to a Lee Enfield later?

Also, is the reason you are "Testing" The Machinegun Trucks is becuase they might be added? :/

If we can find a new lee enfiled model with and without a scope yes we can other wise no.

Yes we are looking at adding two armed land vehicles.

I also noticed the crossbow's a bit off on the sight; such as if you are aiming for the head on a zombie, the arrow will simply go over them. Will there be any adjustments to that at all?

I wouldn't hold your breath. The Xbow has been like this since the beginning and is not likely to change.

I'd like to see changes for being in pain. Painkillers are only a temporary fix to pain if it's a severe pain (Such as getting shot, hit by a hatchet)

Crossbow i'm not sure there is much we can do with it without replacing.

anything new with loot-balance, e.g. rare food/drinks?

and zeds, maybe harder to kill, make more damage?

Loot is changed pretty much every mod patch. Some Tinned foods have been moved to be rare. Making zeds do anything else is a challenge until we can solve a way for the zeds to only be local to the target we wont be changing  the dmg values.

Hey, just wondering, will it be possible to turn a Ak-74 into an Aks-74 kobra? The problem would be the the AKS-74 has a folding stock, and theres no Ak-74 kobra in Arma. Unless you replaced the standard Ak with a fold-stocked version.

Also, will we maybe be able to find Grenade launchers to attach (M203 for M16/m4, GP25 for ak, ect) at any point in the future?

For now if a base weapon exists ingame and the same weapon with an attachment we can use it.

Would it be possible to enable fishing poles for ponds and lakes?

Possible blockers I could see would be the minimum size a pond has to be to bear fish and perhaps the difficulty of marking which ones do?

Would be nice to make more use of the fishing pole, rather than having go back to the coast.

We have a new fishing kit coming in at some point. when that happens ill enable lake side fishing

• Like 5

Will there be a possibility of adding in more attachments? (I.E; flashlights, laser sights)

For now no. We can only use attachments on weapons that have base systems example the m4a1

ma41 < > m4a1_aim (these already exist ingame)

So we can attach the AIM scope to the m4a1 to give you the M4a1_AIM. 

• Like 1

I really like seeing that the mod is still alive and well even witth the SA released as an alpha.  I also like the fact that there are mods of the mod since you can't satisfy everyone all of the time.  Great job to all who are working on this, and props to Razor for creating this experience.

I look forward to seeing what develops in the mod and SA.

Edited by charlieteh
  • Like 1

I really like seeing that the mod is still alive and well even witth the SA released as an alpha.  I also like the fact that there are mods of the mod since you can't satisfy everyone all of the time.  Great job to all who are working on this, and props to Razor for creating this experience.

I look forward to seeing what develops in the mod and SA.

Definitely. All I see out of the mod are only good changes. Nothing bad has reflected onto any update. I also like how all feedback is taken to consideration. It's not common to see that when it comes to people contributing to DayZ Mod which I consider is quite a large project that's still in active works.

Is further development of the mod dead now when SA is public? What am i missing? Hosting a private hive and just saw all the awesome changes in 1.8.1 

Edited by vinyljunkie

Unknown at this time. All communication with Dean has stopped we haven't had any info since before xmas and all questions asking about release have gone unanswered.

Sorry.

• Like 4

Unknown at this time. All communication with Dean has stopped we haven't had any info since before xmas and all questions asking about release have gone unanswered.

Sorry.

That is really really sad.....

• Like 1

That is really really sad.....

Definitely. I remember Dean had said that the development of the mod would continue(and that'd leave Dean entirely focused on DayZ retail for the time being.)

So far it's been about 3 months since the last mod update. All we can do is continue to wait. I'd like to suggest if you guys ever come up with an update that's not finished, I'd recommend opening testing servers for the latest update which I know isn't finished. It'd be great if it were available to the public so we could be able to provide feedback and help resolve some bugs before it becomes a proper update instead of providing hotfixes.

• Like 2

We do open testing check out mustygaming.com

I guess Dean is just busy dealing with SA stuff ready for his step-down later in the year.

• Like 2

Definitely. I remember Dean had said that the development of the mod would continue(and that'd leave Dean entirely focused on DayZ retail for the time being.)

So far it's been about 3 months since the last mod update. All we can do is continue to wait. I'd like to suggest if you guys ever come up with an update that's not finished, I'd recommend opening testing servers for the latest update which I know isn't finished. It'd be great if it were available to the public so we could be able to provide feedback and help resolve some bugs before it becomes a proper update instead of providing hotfixes.

Problem is that 1.8.1 is being held up for Deans approval(?) and because of licensing issues(?) I guess because of the drink cans?

Anyway it's obviously been left to languish by its creator and the propel left in charge of the mod apparently have their hands tied for legal reasons. The official mod may just be dead, so to speak.

• Like 1

Sorry.

Thanks for the answer! And thanks for keeping the mod alive and doing such an awesome job.

I really like the new changes in 1.8.1, I hope it will see daylight soon.