r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.2 Hotfix

I dunno, it looks like they just haven't updated yet..

http://api.withsix.com/mods/4-dayz

Ok, well the site above is actually still down and has been all day, but PW6 which I have open in the background just changed the Play button to Update and seems aware that 1.8.0.2 is the current version.  So there's that.

I use Dayz Commander, upgrade to 1.8.2 but still no nighttime.

I start on server in night, 11pm. but after 2 minutes big flash and i'm in daylight. 

Is this me or server or what? am I hacked or something? 

Any knowledge is appreciated, I'm really bummed that I can't stalk at night anymore.

Punky.

PS. I have searched for this topic here and online. never found useful thread.

I use Dayz Commander, upgrade to 1.8.2 but still no nighttime.

I start on server in night, 11pm. but after 2 minutes big flash and i'm in daylight. 

Is this me or server or what? am I hacked or something? 

Any knowledge is appreciated, I'm really bummed that I can't stalk at night anymore.

Punky.

PS. I have searched for this topic here and online. never found useful thread.

Nighttime is definitely back with the 1.8.0.2 update.  Try to find a watch and keep tabs on the server time. So far, all of my evenings have been full moons. Very reasonable when you don't have NVG.

R4zor,  played a bit tonight and ran into the zero loot situation.  Had a buddy spawn in at Cherno.  He and I were the only ones on the server.  He ran from the grocery, to the firestation, to the hospital, to the other hospital to the grocery again, around and around without one piece of loot spawning.  Not so much as an empty tin can.   Server admin hopped on, we told him about it.  He manually restarted and then my friedn was able to find some reasonable loot spawns.  Nothing major, but at the very least things actually spawning.

I was up at Stary during all of this, and finding that everything in town would not spawn loot, save for a few of the military tents.  I scooted through all the small residentials, the grocery etc.  I'm not taling abiout junk loot spawning, I'm talking about completely empty buildings, one after another.  Upon that restart, a few things began to spawn in the grocery store, before I hightailed it our of town.

On the plus side, I got Sepsis twice tonight.  Even saw a skull inside the blood icon.  Pretty cool.  :thumbsup:

I also managed to find the fishing pole at Otmel island but one problem is.. The boathouse's loot spawns underneath the floor boards and couldn't get it from the bottom of it or the top. I was so close :(

Also; zombies tend to hit you if you are close enough and after you have killed them. In the zombie's death falling animation this happens.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

I also managed to find the fishing pole at Otmel island but one problem is.. The boathouse's loot spawns underneath the floor boards and couldn't get it from the bottom of it or the top. I was so close :(

Also; zombies tend to hit you if you are close enough and after you have killed them. In the zombie's death falling animation this happens.

That has been the case since at least 1.7

Its almost as if they fall on you as they die it counts as a hit... Back with the crazy infection patch I eventually died from getting an infection this way...

Byebye 30day survivor lol...

• Like 2

That has been the case since at least 1.7

Its almost as if they fall on you as they die it counts as a hit... Back with the crazy infection patch I eventually died from getting an infection this way...

Byebye 30day survivor lol...

I know how you feel.. I lost countless blood because of this.. I tend to use melee weapons to save my ammo and not be so loud so this happens quite a lot

[07:49:50] R4Z0R49: just tested again started one side cherno ran down the main road didnt have any sign of 0 loot

[07:50:04] R4Z0R49: tested again with server at 1 fps.

[07:50:17] R4Z0R49: same result not once did i get 0 loot.

I have no idea whats going on just now and i just don't have to time to debug it so i have no choice but scrap the bias system not that i have much to scrap. Ive tested with server fps below 5 I've also tested with client fps low and im still not getting any instant where loot is 0 to the degrees your saying. ( i do not check buildings i do a 150 meter scan and list the amount of loot spawns i find). I did get a report from one of the devs this morning about this issue but no solid info in regards to the reasons or whys.

You commented out "private [...]" and "sleep 0.001" from the 1.7 version. Subsequent Randoms, called with the same argument and without any sleep, return often the same value.

About the missing "private" thing, I don't know if it is intended.

bias is just the "main tap" for loots, removing it won't fix the issue and was in the 1.7 already (with no issue). Maybe there is also a right value between 67 (lowest playable value) and 100 (no bias).

Tested both

The private isn't needed as all vars are global to the main scope we might have a return or something between causing the interference but it would happen all the time not as random as it is.

As for the subsequent randoms we also tested this it returns a new value every time i left my machine running for the 12 hours i went to work last night and the results showed that random is giving a different result each time.

The issue is the system just stops some how from reports of no loot. But all tests we have done show it always working. the only change from 18 to 1802 is that bias. Until it can be recreated every time how can we find a fix. but all instances of this happening are reporting the spawn check is still working so loot is still trying to be spawned and zeds are still spawning.

Its a mad one.

The only item i can see might be causing the issue is how the building gets locked for 15 mins.

Until i get time to sit down and rip it apart to see whats going on i just don't know atm. So i think soon as i get a chance ill strip the bias change to an easy random 1 system and add some logging system's to try finding out wtf is going on.

• Like 1

Hello. Is there a solution on the issue of loot animals. Because at the moment is very, very bad to play without such a possibility as refreshment roasted meat.

Yes ill get that added into the next hotfix as well.

Orient please about what number to run without the meat.

Perhaps there is an opportunity to release some updates to fix this problem?

Some people have been saying that the loot problem appears to be working like this. If a player is the first person into the server after a restart then loot will spawn there. However if anyone else later visits that area no loot will spawn at all until there is a server restart. 

It's not the bias that's the issue it's the building lock I think. I'm also pretty sure it's only happening when there are multiple players involved. We've had a single player online for a few hours and he didn't report any loot spawn problems.

Server FPS is 100% not the issue. 

Edited by seaweed

I'm having the same issues as seaweed has mentioned.  IMHO messing around the loot spawns just because a handful of regulars complained it was too high was pretty unfair on the rest of us who actually like it.  At least give the server owners an option to manually increase or decrease the loot percentage.  I'm not looking for an argument or to be trolled, I really respect the time and energy you put into this project, but my server is official and if i've got to wait another month for a hotfix I'm sure my entire user base will have buggered off. (my sig below is for my private Epoch server, not the official dayz mod that i'm senior admin for).  I know I know, I could go back to the previous version, but you know how players are when you change something :( lol

Edited by urbanskaters
  • Like 1

IMHO messing around the loot spawns just because a handful of regulars complained it was too high was pretty unfair on the rest of us who actually like it.  

Have to disagree with you there 100%. The loot was seriously broken in 1.8 and needed to be fixed things were spawning on every weaponholder. Its unfortunate that fix brought this new issue about but the changes definitely needed to be made. I agree it is a problem that needs to be fixed ASAP though, we've gone from 30+ players at peak times to less than 5 with this update. 

With regards to being able to change the loot bias, you can do that now always have been able to. Also if you read the patch notes for 1.8.1 they are putting options in the init.sqf for people less comfortable with the code to be able to modify it easily. The bias at 67% to me is perfect or even a little high (when its actually working correctly). 

Edited by seaweed

When I'm alone in an area, there is no loot, but as soon as more people are in the same area, loot spawns like mad. Loot pile on a loot pile.

Edited by VidKo

I'm just curious about fishing poles and comfrey leaves, where can we find these? :P

I killed someone with a fishing pole. Little git was shooting at me with an enfield and missing, then i got hit by a zed and was bleeding and running around him asking why he's shooting at me. He gets hit and his bleeding and runs off to bandage saying he'll bandage me, telling me to stay away from him. So guess what I did whilst he was bandaging....

It took a few hits, then the zeds showed up, he's on unconscious but they're hitting him. He wakes up, I'm laying 2 meters in front of him behind a tree and he starts trying to shoot me. All I can do is laugh my ass off over the mic at him as the zombies pull out his guts. One of the funniest times I ever had on DayZ,

Aye we have an issue open about this thanks.

In the interest of RP and integrity, I'll run to a tree still.

I think there are 2 bugs: building lock (just fixed in dev version) and building loot spawn with 100% full of lootpiles or totally empty. I can't help much more since currently I don't have a decent internet access for debugging, however I pushed a fix for the second issue on my FR130 server. I put 80 for lootbias and a "sleep" just to see, and there are between 70 to 140 lootpiles in 500meter radius around chernarus center. I don't know whether these lootpiles are evently spread around the map, or whether these amounts are "too much" or not.

I think we have found the issue Alby manged to stip some of it down today and found an issue with how we broadcast some of the lockout timers. We have a new solution worked out and will start testing later tonight.

Im at work till Monday but expect a hotfix some time around then.

ty

• Like 4

hi

Stash are not saved after server restart, they just disapear .. (was already the case with 1.8)

What hive are you using. Our test server ones are coming back in fine placement is a little off but they spawn and save as they should.

Ghillie suit spawns now in millitary builddings only or still in civilian/crashsites?