1S1K-Airborne

How to do the Bandit / Hero System in Standalone

There is no threat of threads getting locked if there is constructive argument and ideas.

I agree that the KoS mentality attitude of some players needs looking into, however i'm not a fan of forced clothing or penalties. 

For me i would rather a player have to live by his/her actions.  If they want to be a bastard bandit killing everyone they meet, fine but there has to be in game consequences to those actions, not penalties. 

The only idea i see "working" is the name changing idea - everyone gets one username and then they will amass a reputation with that name. It isnt going to stop people KoS but if word gets around that VeryScaryBandit101 shoots fresh spawns he is going to find himself hunted or even have bounties put out on him.

Of course then the issue is how would you know a players name?

Different body language (animations) based on humanity could also work, i suppose.  There was talk of bandits/heroes/survivors having different stances when holding weapons.

I also agree that healing friends should not increase humanity.

• Like 2

So free speech is curtailed here? 

No, but insulting everyone who kills on sight and calling them CoD kiddies isn't really the way to get your point across. It's better to just concentrate on actual ideas instead.

I don't get what the animations would be?  Friendly hand wave that only heros can do?  Middle finger gestures for bandits?  Can you explain more?

Not really hand waves and such, but more something like body language. Different posture/stances and animations for different humanity levels. It would be a lot more work for the devs but removable clothing wouldn't be a problem anymore.

• Like 1

If someone could pass this on to the DayZ Standalone Devs I'd greatly appreciate it!  They still need to think about how they want to do the Hero / Bandit Status!

I guess I was naive that I though the humanity system might work in the DayZ Mod......lol

What I've come to figure out is that the DayZ Mod is 95% KOS.  About the only time it isn't KOS is when the person you meet doesn't have a weapon, and you do, and you decide not to shoot them.  Then when that person does get a weapon, there's a 95% chance they're going to shoot you in the back.....lol

And before you ask, yes I have played the DayZ Mod quite a while.  95% of the people I meet attempt to KOS.  Since I've started playing......I've only met ONE person who didn't KOS because we outnumbered him 3 to 1, we let him live, only to have him come back and base camp us and KOS later.  Our group tried being heros in WarZ too, but that doesn't work either.  We ended up being KOS like everyone else in the game.  It's always going to be KOS unless something is done to fix it.

If you want to KOS, you should go play COD or BF.  KOS ruins what this game "should" be.

This is a survival game, this is not COD or BF.  It's supposed to be groups and individuals:

1.  Surviving solo and laying low, maybe hunting individual bandits for loot

2.  Forming groups and building communities and securing areas from bandits

3.  Bandits preying on 1 and 2

But with KOS, all you get is 3.  Lots and lots and lots of KOS 3.  Everyone you meet is a bandit, regardless of the skin they wear.

There's no depth.  There's no unique experience.  If you see someone, you MUST shoot them immediately or they will eventually kill you.  You can't help anyone.  You can't trust new people even if they have a hero skin.  There's just looting, and killing whoever you see.  It's COD with annoying looting work involved.

For those of you that say "that's how it would be in real life, all KOS".  No, it wouldn't.  I have a fairly sizeable gun collection.  If the shit went down (zombies or otherwise), I would NOT be shooting to death every family I saw just so I could grab a few backpacks or cans of beans from them.  I might politely ask for some food, or to trade items, but if they said no I'd move on.  I would not be out randomly murdering every person I saw.  Not everyone is a KOS kiddie.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If they implemented at least SOME of the stuff below, it would make the game a much more unique experience.  If you see a hero you could be fairly sure they wouldn't just pump bullets into you for your beans.  If you see a civilian, you would be wary because you don't know what they would do.  If you saw a bandit you'd know they were hostile.  For the bandits, you can still keep KOSing your way to happy land all you want.  But for the REST of us that want a more unique and varied game experience, we'd get something additional to do (like helping new spawns, teaming up with other heros, securing cities so friendly players can loot, etc).

If they did this, it would be a GREAT start to getting a diverse community of heros and bandits.  With players all playing "their" role.  It wouldn't be all KOS.  We could actually do a lot of fun and unique stuff with it.  Heros help people.  Bandits killing people.  Civilians running around not knowing what to do.....lol

If none of the below is implemented, we can all plan on the DayZ Standalone being another big KOS suckfest.  The stupid item degradation isn't going to stop some antisocial kid from shooting everyone they see.  If the Standalone is KOS, you can pretty much expect that DayZ Standalone will last until the next "cool" zombie game comes out.  Then it's BUBYE DayZ Standalone and on to the next game hoping it will be more fun than a KOS suckfest.

Here's what they should do in the Standalone to FIX the KOS situation:

Identifying Bandits / Heros (since the clothing system will remove the normal hero / bandit skins)

1.  Bandits must wear masks.  It's part of their skin and can't be removed.  If a bandit finds a cooler mask, they can pick it up and use it.  Maybe have different "level" masks so the cooler ones are available for higher level bandits.

2.  Heros must wear armbands.  It's part of their skin and can't be removed.  The color of the armband indicates how high level hero they are.

3.  Fresh spawns with no humanity wear white armbands.  It's part of their skin and can't be removed until they're a hero or bandit.

Humanity Gain / Loss

1.  Killing a hero is -1000 humanity

2.  Killing a civilian is -500 humanity

3.  Killing a bandit is +250 humanity

* If you are a hero and you kill 2 heros or 2 civilians in a row, it doubles the humanity loss.  That will fix those individuals who KOS and are mixing hero and bandit kills and somehow manage to get a Hero level by randomly KOSing everyone you see.

* There is NO humanity gained for killing zombies, healing, dying, or giving items to other people.  That will prevent KOS bandits from running their score up to hero level by giving friends bloodbags or killing zombies.

* Humanity is 100% driven by who you kill.  Kill friendly and neutral people = you're a bandit.  Kill bandits = you're a hero.

Benefits / Drawbacks

1.  There could be some benefits for being a hero.  Maybe a safe zone where you could put your base where you can't get base camped.  Maybe some increased stats or something.  Maybe a safe zone so you can do trades and interact with other players that isn't accessible by bandits.  Maybe you get the ability to spawn at your base.

and / or

2.  There could be some drawbacks for being a bandit.  Maybe your base is more noticeable / easy to find.  Maybe you have some lowered stats.

* Not anything game breaking, just some benefits for heros or drawbacks for bandits.  I'm leaning more towards benefits for heros.

Name Changing

1.  Should not be allowed

or

2.  Should be limited to maybe once per month

* Those of you that need to change your name once a day, need to go get some ADD meds.....lol  In reality, you wouldn't change YOUR name once a day.  You're Bob on Monday, Jim on Tuesday, Chad on Thursday.........I don't think so.

Vehicle Stealing

1.  Vehicles should have keys once you repair them.  The keys will be an actual inventory item.  Your vehicle will have your name on it and your hero level when you aim the crosshairs at the vehicle.

2.  You can "hotwire" a car if you have the tools, but it takes a couple of mins of standing there.  Then the vehicle is now tied to whoever stole it, and they get a set of new keys for the vehicle, and the old keys disappear.

3.  If you steal a vehicle, it gives the same amount of humanity as killing a player (-1000 hero, -500 civilian, +250 bandit)

If they did this, it would be a GREAT start to getting a diverse community of heros and bandits.  With players all playing "their" role.  It wouldn't be all KOS.  We could actually do a lot of fun and unique stuff with it.  Heros help people.  Bandits killing people.  Civilians running around not knowing what to do.....lol

If someone could pass this on to the DayZ Standalone Devs I'd greatly appreciate it!  They still need to think about how they want to do the Hero / Bandit Status!

Basically you want to turn this into Happy-Valley Daycare?

- Banditry is a core part of the DayZ mod. Forcing bandits to wear an arm-band/mask is both unrealistic and immersion breaking. Bandits should be able to wear what they want.

- In A real apocalypse I wouldn't lose my sanity from stealing a car.

Safe Zone and Improved Stats for Heros: No. Contrary to what you stated, It is game breaking. IRL, If an apocalyptic event occurred, every day would be a fight for survival. You shouldn't be catered to just cos you're a hero. Helping ppl isn't going to give you a "stat boost" or a safe-zone that no baddies can enter.

Come up with a good idea and we'll talk.

• Like 1

There is no threat of threads getting locked if there is constructive argument and ideas.

I agree that the KoS mentality attitude of some players needs looking into, however i'm not a fan of forced clothing or penalties. 

For me i would rather a player have to live by his/her actions.  If they want to be a bastard bandit killing everyone they meet, fine but there has to be in game consequences to those actions, not penalties. 

The only idea i see "working" is the name changing idea - everyone gets one username and then they will amass a reputation with that name. It isnt going to stop people KoS but if word gets around that VeryScaryBandit101 shoots fresh spawns he is going to find himself hunted or even have bounties put out on him.

Of course then the issue is how would you know a players name?

Different body language (animations) based on humanity could also work, i suppose.  There was talk of bandits/heroes/survivors having different stances when holding weapons.

I also agree that healing friends should not increase humanity.

Thanks for the heads up!

They tried the name deal in WarZ.  It didn't really do anything.  You'd have to aim at the person, look at their name, see their rep, and then make a decision.  Took too long.  In close quarters you have 0 time to do that.  You either shoot, or get shot.  So you just shoot.  Hence everyone I met, I shot, regardless of what their name said.  

If players held the weapons differently, that could help, but it wouldn't fix close in situations.  If I come around a corner and see a bandit mask, boom, decision done.  If I have to come around a corner and judge if your weapon is at 45% downward angle hero VS no downward angle bandit............I'm going back to KOS.

Yeah, to truly fix the system it must be based strictly on player kills.  No points for healing, zombie kills, dying, etc.

If DayZ Standalone comes down to KOS stupidity, we can do that.  Our clan KOS'd our way into ownership of Smallville in WarZ whenever we were there, even to the point where larger clans moved away because we were a persistent pain in the ass to dig out of there.

I'm just hoping that DayZ Standalone offers more depth of gameplay than KOS.  I'd rather leave heros alone, be wary of civilians, and go hunt down the KOS kiddie bandits :)  Of course the KOS kiddies don't like that so they'll complain about anything that would mean consequences for their actions.

+1

This guy gets it.  KOS kiddies don't want any repercussions for KOS.  KOS is the simplest least hard way to play this game.  You see someone, you kill them.  I could teach a retarded chimp how to KOS.  Here chimpy chimpy.........see something move.......shoot it.

Actually having to worry about having Hero status and being discriminating in your target selection, that is MUCH MUCH harder.  If you run around a corner and see someone you can't immediately pull the trigger, because it might be a civ or a hero.  But it's impossible to do if there isn't a good humanity system setup in the game.

I got enough of the KOS in WarZ.  We KOS'd all day long because there were no repercussions for doing it......OR no benefits for not doing it.  In WarZ if you came within 400 meters of Smallville, someone on our team would shove a sniper round up your ass no matter if you were a hero or bandit.  If you didn't KOS someone, they would KOS you.  I'm hoping this game is BETTER than WarZ and actually has a useful humanity system that adds DEPTH to the game.  <----------adult concept here kiddies.........if you don't understand this sentence please keep your kiddie comments to yourself :)

DayZ is not a game.............If you're annoyed by KoS then just play on No PVP severs, OR, stop whingeing cause' you got killed by a possibly-legit bandit why may've wanted your supplies and start killing tha bandits.

Edit: If you want a decent Hero clan with 200+ members then go to my Forum Profile >>> Click the link to my Steam Page >>> Check my Groups >>> Find DayZ The Anti-Bandits >>> Message "Easy" Pete on my Steam Friends list and ask if you can join our clan >>> Tell Him ArseofTheLord sent you. 

Our clan helps New-Spawns and Hunts Bandits. We have a Combat Doctrine/Rules of Engagement sheet.

Edited by King of kong

- Banditry is a core part of the DayZ mod. Forcing bandits to wear an arm-band/mask is both unrealistic and immersion breaking. Bandits should be able to wear what they want.

- In A real apocalypse I wouldn't lose my sanity from stealing a car.

Safe Zone and Improved Stats for Heros: No. Contrary to what you stated, It is game breaking. IRL, If an apocalyptic event occurred, every day would be a fight for survival. You shouldn't be catered to just cos you're a hero. Helping ppl isn't going to give you a "stat boost" or a safe-zone that no baddies can enter.

Come up with a good idea and we'll talk.

I'd rather kill bandits than heros.  You'd rather kill everyone.  KOS

So you want consequence free killing of everyone you find, especially if you can make yourself look like everyone else to make it easier.  Got it.  KOS

You want to be a bandit, but dislike the idea of negative humanity for destroying or stealing vehicles.  We'll call that Steal On Sight.  SOS

Yes, in real life GOOD people would band up and create settlements that would be guarded against bandit attack.  BAD people would do the same thing.  FYI we couldn't get near your safe zones without getting shot at either.

Please come back when you understand the concept of what this game "should" be.  Again, if you like KOS, COD and BF are just a Steam Store click away!

DayZ is not a game.............If you're annoyed by KoS then just play on No PVP severs, OR, stop whingeing cause' you got killed by a possibly-legit bandit why may've wanted your supplies and start killing tha bandits.

Just to clarify, 95% of the people we meet in DayZ shoot at us.  So you're saying 95% of the players are legitimately trying to be bandits?  Wow, we need some hero recruiting drives!

95% of the people shoot at everyone and try to KOS, because there's no good humanity system in place to structure the gameplay.  It would be nice if the Standalone addressed that glaring oversight.

And if you actually read some of the comments, we'd like to kill BANDITS, not HEROS.  You can't do that on a no-PVP server.

And you spelled whining wrong.  But nice try.

Edited by 1S1K-Airborne

Just to clarify, 95% of the people we meet in DayZ shoot at us.  So you're saying 95% of the players are legitimately trying to be bandits?  Wow, we need some hero recruiting drives!

95% of the people shoot at everyone and try to KOS, because there's no good humanity system in place to structure the gameplay.  It would be nice if the Standalone addressed that glaring oversight.

And you spelled whining wrong.  But nice try.

Whingeing not whining. 

I play on vanilla DayZ servers and I've only been KoSed twice. You say "us" so I'll presume you're in a group. The truth is that most players feel threatened by groups nowadays.

95% Of the people that YOU have met. You haven't mt every DayZ player so that's not a hard fact.

People started KoSing more since the popularity of the mod skyrocketed. Most of the formerly-friendly players have resorted to KoS for fear of being KoSed themselves.

I'd rather kill bandits than heros.  You'd rather kill everyone.  KOS

So you want consequence free killing of everyone you find, especially if you can make yourself look like everyone else to make it easier.  Got it.  KOS

You want to be a bandit, but dislike the idea of negative humanity for destroying or stealing vehicles.  We'll call that Steal On Sight.  SOS

Yes, in real life GOOD people would band up and create settlements that would be guarded against bandit attack.  BAD people would do the same thing.  FYI we couldn't get near your safe zones without getting shot at either.

Please come back when you understand the concept of what this game "should" be.  Again, if you like KOS, COD and BF are just a Steam Store click away!

I am not a KoSer. For your information. I am a friendly player. You really need to stop hurling insults at people and assuming they're KoSers just because they don't agree with you.

Yes, correct. Good people would/might band together to form a relatively-safe place to live. But, they would actually have to build it themselves. Not Let the almighty DayZ god place one down with a force-field that prevented bandits from entering. IRL you would have to defend the base yourself, not just plop down the force-field and live happily ever after.

Don't assume I'm a KoSer just because I disagree with you. I never said no-consequences for KoS. Realistic consequences = yes. Unrealistic consequences = No.

tg04wzy.png

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 1

Whingeing not whining. 

I play on vanilla DayZ servers and I've only been KoSed twice. You say "us" so I'll presume you're in a group. The truth is that most players feel threatened by groups nowadays.

95% Of the people that YOU have met. You haven't mt every DayZ player so that's not a hard fact.

People started KoSing more since the popularity of the mod skyrocketed. Most of the formerly-friendly players have resorted to KoS for fear of being KoSed themselves.

Wow, whip out the obscure $4 word nobody uses, gj.....lol

We've played Vanilla and Origins.  95% of the players we've met has tried to kill us.  Whether we were single, or in a group, weapons, or no weapons.  So I'd say I can start calling that a "trend".  It started the minute we started playing, and hasn't changed since then.  If you need an explanation of what a "trend" is let me know.

You just proved my point.  The mod's humanity system is broken, so everyone is KOS.  If they don't fix it for the standalone, the same exact thing will happen.

And as far as safezones go, you want 100% realism in the game?  So if you have a base, you want to have someone in your clan sitting at a computer and guard it 24 hours a day 7 days a week right?  Realism right?  Sometimes you have to do things in the game to make it playable.  There are Safe Zones in WarZ and nobody calls it "game breaking".  Quit being narrowminded and argumentative.  FYI if you loot a place the magic respawns of loot wouldn't happen in real life either.  Oh noes, that's not realism!

So instead of helping discuss ideas to FIX the problem, you uselessly troll other people's posts.  Congrats!  Yay!  Epic fail.....*facepalm*

Realistic consequences = yes. Unrealistic consequences = No.  Do tell!  Please enlighten me with your wisdom of how YOU would fix it!

4. KoS will never disappear if Teamsuck, Skype, and Steam Chat are usable; imagine how difficult coordinating your cross-map helicopter bandit raids would be without the ungodly ability to communicate from fresh spawn to everyone everywhere?

It will never disappear entirely, regardless if the programs you hate so much are not usable. 

--

OP, be civil and stop being so condescending.

I don't care what KOS kiddies think, trying to talk to the adults here.   Shhhhhh, the adults are talking.

That attitude is not welcome here.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

Wow, whip out the obscure $4 word nobody uses, gj.....lol

We've played Vanilla and Origins.  95% of the players we've met has tried to kill us.  Whether we were single, or in a group, weapons, or no weapons.  So I'd say I can start calling that a "trend".  It started the minute we started playing, and hasn't changed since then.  If you need an explanation of what a "trend" is let me know.

You just proved my point.  The mod's humanity system is broken, so everyone is KOS.  If they don't fix it for the standalone, the same exact thing will happen.

And as far as safezones go, you want 100% realism in the game?  So if you have a base, you want to have someone in your clan sitting at a computer and guard it 24 hours a day 7 days a week right?  Realism right?  Sometimes you have to do things in the game to make it playable.  There are Safe Zones in WarZ and nobody calls it "game breaking".  Quit being narrowminded and argumentative.  FYI if you loot a place the magic respawns of loot wouldn't happen in real life either.  Oh noes, that's not realism!

So instead of helping discuss ideas to FIX the problem, you uselessly troll other people's posts.  Congrats!  Yay!  Epic fail.....*facepalm*

Realistic consequences = yes. Unrealistic consequences = No.  Do tell!  Please enlighten me with your wisdom of how YOU would fix it!

I'm not actually sure how I'd fix it. And you don't need to insult me and call me a troll just for giving constructive criticism .  

Very Mature. Ughhhhh...........Bigoted American.

Edited by Inception.
Please don't.
  • Like 1

Kill bandits = you're a hero.

This will only help make KoS more dominant. 

Besides, how can you be sure that the person you have in your scope, a supposed "bandit", did not kill in self defense?

It is rather flawed, if you ask me.

Maybe a safe zone so you can do trades and interact with other players that isn't accessible by bandits.  Maybe you get the ability to spawn at your base.

None of this, please. That is not what DayZ was meant to be--no safe zones, no spawn beacons, no "unique abilities" for doing something, and certainly no "safe area" for where you can store gear.

Maybe your base is more noticeable / easy to find.  Maybe you have some lowered stats.

No statistics, and nothing like that.

• Like 1

Yup kong. I feel same. He is throwing shit at everybody who disagrees and licking buttholes clean for those who agree.

I actually find you quite irritating OP, as brits probably would say.

And that WarZ WarZ WarZ...if you like it so much, go play it. You speak you know how it should look like. How can you know how sandbox game should be like, what is its concept. Leave dayz alone, let it be what it is.

Ugh...anyone has a pill for word KOS? I think Im getting sick of it...

Edited by Frytek
  • Like 1

It will never disappear entirely, regardless if the programs you hate so much are not usable. 

--

OP, be civil and stop being so condescending.

That attitude is not welcome here.

1: I know. But still. TeamSuck really sucks. ;(

2. Yay civility. Because the Internet is the absolutely endless wellspring from whence it flows. :)

You make a lot of assumptions, sir.

You say that 95% of all DayZ players are kill on sight players. Yet I played this weekend, put my trust in every single person I met, and they actually helped me a lot. So there's direct anecdotal evidence which fails to support your little claim.

Furthermore, you just say you've been playing the game "for a long time" and we are supposed to believe you? You've only been a member since august of this year. Not that I'm calling you a liar, but really, show us how many hours you've actually spent in the game. That is empirical evidence. Saying "95%" over and over, is not.

You also assume that everyone who opposes your idea is some kind of "CoD kiddie." I oppose this idea. I am not a kill on sight player. I am a defensive survivalist, and I'm actually willing to put faith in some people. Sometimes I get betrayed, but I have made friends in this game, and no imaginary statistic you make up off the top of your head is going to change that.

You want to know how you discourage KoS? You make the game into what it is supposed to be. The apocalypse. It should be hard to survive. Zombies should be brutal and deadly predators which are a legitimate threat to your life. Introduce micro-skills and some level of character advancement, which will not only make people more a little more attached to their character, but will also make uniquely skilled individuals really valuable in terms of group dynamics.

You want to talk about realism? Why don't you examine some of the reasons why human beings cooperate in real-life? Does it make much sense to kill a person if they know how to build a car from the ground up? Or someone who can build extremely strong barricades? Does it make sense to kill a player who can perform advanced surgery when your friend is on the ground bleeding to death? If riddling another player with bullets could potentially damage all of the equipment they have, and bullets are extremely rare to begin with, people might reconsider that option. Also, non-lethal methods of incapacitating other players has the capacity to reduce kill on sight. Many people kill on sight out of a logical necessity, as you said. So why not give them another option? Let me knock a guy out from behind with a baseball bat.

Points of leverage like this can provide logical motivations to keep other players alive - at least for a little bit longer - than the state we can currently observe in the mod.

Also, how could you possibly implement a feature like this?

2.  There could be some drawbacks for being a bandit.  Maybe your base is more noticeable / easy to find.

How could you even do that? The idea you proposed is so vague, not to mention inauthentic, that it just can't be taken seriously.

And your humanity values, what are those supposed to accomplish? You already said yourself, the game is 95% deathmatch. Well guess what, bandits already have to wear masks. So if the idea is clearly not mitigating KoS now, how is it going to magically "fix" this "problem" in the future?
  • Like 4

Yup kong. I feel same. He is throwing shit at everybody who disagrees and licking buttholes clean for those who agree.

I actually find you quite irritating OP, as brits probably would say.

And that WarZ WarZ WarZ...if you like it so much, go play it. You speak you know how it should look like. How can you know how sandbox game should be like, what is its concept. Leave dayz alone, let it be what it is.

Ugh...anyone has a pill for word KOS? I think Im getting sick of it...

YOU THINK ME IRRITATING? ME GUSTA MUCHO!

Edited by King of kong

There are Safe Zones in WarZ and nobody calls it "game breaking".

Dude, bad example! That entire game was broken so badly that it doesn't even exist under that name anymore. No safe zones, goes against the entire DayZ ethos.

Yes, I agree there is a "problem" with the level of deathmatching right now, the mod lacks depth or long-term objectives.

However I don't want my character wearing a mask (he's not Nacho Libre, no masks please) and the idea of safe zones is so repulsive to me that their inclusion would turn me off the standalone altogether.

How to "prevent KoS": give players something else to do, something fun, encourage teaming up. I have no suggestions on what.

Personally I will be KoSing in the standalone whatever happens, the chance of me teaming up with someone is perhaps 5% and I enjoy using the weapons on other players...

I'm not actually sure how I'd fix it. And you don't need to insult me and call me a troll just for giving constructive criticism .  

Very Mature. Ughhhhh...........Bigoted American.

Wow, I might be a little uncivil but this statement is downright racist.

I guess the KOS folks win this argument.  Go ahead, kill everyone, make the standalone a KOS suckfest.

FYI being a Hero would take extreme skill in this mod.  KOS is the easiest noob way to play.  KOS takes no skill whatsoever.

I'll see the KOSers in Smallville Version 2.0.  Don't cry when 3 of us snipe you at the same time when you don't even have a weapon :)

I'll see the KOSers in Smallville Version 2.0.  Don't cry when 3 of us snipe you at the same time when you don't even have a weapon :)

You complain about those who kill on sight...but now you say you're going to kill someone on sight, someone that is unarmed?

:facepalm:

You haven't even bothered to reply to some of the legitimate points made by other people.

And this...

FYI being a Hero would take extreme skill in this mod.  KOS is the easiest noob way to play.  KOS takes no skill whatsoever.

That's rather pathetic, to say that. You're wasting our time by saying stuff like that--why did you even bother to create this topic if you're going to end up saying that?

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 3

Everything takes skill in this game. Define "skill," please. Because last time I checked, it means "the ability to do something well." If someone is good at tracking and killing other players, they indeed have some level of skill, and probably some luck, too. It means that they were keeping an eye out for movement constantly. They chose an advantageous and concealed position to observe their surroundings. They used buildings to conceal their movement. These are fundamentally skills. This you cannot deny.

Maybe you need to think out of the box when it comes to being a "hero." I personally love to give supplies away in the form of dead drops. I don't find survival very hard, and since I mostly like to be a nice person, I just focus on channeling my creative energy towards doing nice things. It requires many of the same skills that one requires to be a successful bandit. The only difference is choice. I had to learn to kill other players. Sometimes, you just have to. I'm not always saying I did the right thing... but you know, it's just what I do to survive.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 3

You complain about those who kill on sight...but now you say you're going to kill someone on sight, someone that is unarmed?

:facepalm:

You haven't even bothered to reply to some of the legitimate points made by other people.

If you've read the posts.....the grand majority of players like KOS, or at least have no ideas on how to change it.

Why bother then?  Why even try?  You can't argue sense into a moron / troll. 

I'd like to see this game have more to do than simply KOS, but I guess that's the way everyone wants it.

I'll guess I'll have to play the Standalone with one eye open for the next game to play.  Something with some more depth than KOS to it.  It's pretty sad that I'm looking forward to playing a game, that I'll only be playing long enough to find another BETTER game to play.

If you've read the posts.....the grand majority of players like KOS, or at least have no ideas on how to change it.

Why bother then?  Why even try?  You can't argue sense into a moron / troll. 

Some of the posters in this topic, SalamanderAnder being one of them, have made valid arguments against your suggestion(s), and you're just ignoring that.

So, I ask again, if you are going to say something like "FYI being a Hero would take extreme skill in this mod.  KOS is the easiest noob way to play.  KOS takes no skill whatsoever," why did you make this topic?

Just because people disagree with the things you have suggested it does not mean that they are a moron or a troll.

• Like 3

Wow, I might be a little uncivil but this statement is downright racist.

I guess the KOS folks win this argument.  Go ahead, kill everyone, make the standalone a KOS suckfest.

You don't like KOS but you do it yourself? ^^^ Dat Logic.

If I was being racist I would've said something like "Bigoted Nigga" "Bigoted Slanty Eyed feller" or another nasty term.

Saying "Bigoted American" dos not mean that I think all U.S Citizens are bigoted. It means that particular American whom I'm referring to is bigoted.

• Like 2

I'd like to see this game have more to do than simply KOS, but I guess that's the way everyone wants it.

Then why don't you do something about it in the game? I gave you clear instructions on how you can actually play the game in it's current state in a way that is passive and heroic, yet you ignore my suggestions and refer to me as an argumentative troll. Just because you feel like crying because someone took advantage of your play style, you come here with a severly flawed suggestion. Then, when we try to provide constructive criticism (like my points about implementing team objectives and other gameplay variables which can alter the course of an interaction) you ignore them and throw a tantrum like a child.

I am here to have an intellectual discussion about your suggestion. There is no need to attach your ego to it and get offended when people contradict you with logic and convictions that have been true to DayZ's core principles since the beginning of the mod.

• Like 1