Donair

How do you enter town safely as a lone wolf?

Always paranoid about snipers etc, especially on high population servers. For example if going into elektro, from the east or west, how do you enter and go through town? I'm fine when inside town, and I know how to move about, but do you just avoid open fields? For example the diagonal path from the west firehall to the north firehall, would you consider it suicide to run through the open field from one end to the other? If so, how do you do it? 

The snipers are most of the time on the northern hill, so make sure you stay behind buildings so you won't get in their line of sight.

If you want a good route to loot elektro, check the link in my post. It's pretty obvious but it works for me, so try it! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzB5ZEkVf9A

I never ever approach Elektro from the north, always from the east side.  There is a hill that lets you look toward sniper hill to make sure it's clear, then as you look to your left you can a great view of the city to make sure there is no one running around there.  Takes some practice to realize which zombies running around are yours and which belong to others.  Also, watch for them agroing off in the distance, a sure sign someone is running around.

• Like 2

Most of what wolf said, also always approach high pvp cities from odd angles, go way out of your way to scout for snipers, scan the tree lines and then find somewhere where the trees meet structures so you don't have to be exposed fully to breach the city perimeter. Then use networks of closely grouped houses to weave a path to your destination while hugging the walls and fences for cover.

If you are a fresh spawn, you have nothing much to lose - just try to stay in cover and pay attention for zombies in the distance.

If you're at least a little geared it's preferable to scout out the area a little, try and find a position that allows you to check the entire town for zombies (if so, don't move in until you can locate the enemy player(s)).

Best way to find out if there is a sniper is just go for it. Whats the worse that can happen..

Besides now you can sneak up on the sod and eliminate your own problem.

you know what gets me?

how come some people are so good at spotting players? this is the hardest thing for me when raiding the coast.

I cant see shit, maybe cause im using an hdtv instead of being 6" from a monitor.

Some of those youtubers can see the smallest little thing, and when your lone wolf its over by then...

but ya, just stay on the tree lines. Always have your back to some cover, so you only have to worry about one direction (when possible)

stay crouched, stay quiet, use binos, dont bother with zombies

I take my shirt off, put my man-skirt on and stuff my pockets full of spaghetti and then go for it.

Oh wait....you mean DayZ right?

• Like 4

You don't.

This... 

If you spawn near one of the big ones you might as well make a quick run through and hope. You do this as a fresh spawn because, what do you have to lose? If you are already pretty geared up don't go to Cherno/Elektro/Balota alone. Hit the smaller towns/deer stands/castles. You are less likely to run into snipers in such places although you might run into other people. 

Just loot and get the hell out ASAP. The zombie spawn will give away your location and you will most likely get sniped. Don't crawl or play slow. Just run zigzag for your life and loot what you have to loot. Crawling around will make you an easy target as theres most of the time not only 1 sniper. 

If I was you I'd avoid high population towns. You can travel about 50-60% of the map on a can of beans and one drink. B that stage you can hit up berezino/ solnichy or somewhere more inland. 

If you have to (and you probably will) pass through a busy town, keep indoors, short bursts across open ground, if you see someone but don't want to kill them. Put warning shots out to get them distracted, or just wait.

Hope this helps

D

I actually just YOLO about everywhere(can't believe i just wrote that but it describes my style pretty closely). One time i might be like "lets find a car" or "lets go north" or some other shit and i really don't have a plan before i log on a check the loot spawns near me. I never scope out towns an i have only been sniped once (low pop server is probably the main reason why it has only been once) and i crouch run everwhere.

I die alot due to zombies though, i suck at headshots so i need to be in a building to have a chance against them and i'm always fresh when i run into people so i don't get into firefights. But the game makes me happy.

Just play the game and your natural style will come to you, just make sure the way you play is keeping you entertained.

electro and cherno are never safe. the best way to enter towns safely is to look get a good lookout of the town before you enter, check for zombies and/or snipers/players and then decide what building you want to take down, find the quickest way to that building and then get out of the town. 

of course rules are made to be broken, and if you haven't had to shoot many zombies don't be afraid to check other buildings, but if you've made alot of noise it's just better to move on quickly. 

you will survive longer/ get the drop on more players if you keep moving. 

Whelp... I entered Elktro twice in one day as a Lone Wolf (more or less). First time was because I was not having any luck finding matches, hatchet, or anything else I needed from up North. Worked out because I upgraded to AKs74 Kobra and found a DMR with some ammo. My approach was from up by Msta so I went up over "sniper hill" and carefully checked the trees and bushes up there before continuing on. It was a lower population server so even though I was surprised to find the Firehall at the power plant untouched in default state I probably shouldn't have been. 

So my route was Sniper Hill, down to the firehall where I checked for a possible sniper, then quickly into the city proper. I went through the houses on the outskirts to get more cover, through the grocery store, out to the school where I did NOT go onto the roof areas, out to the hospital where I paused behind the reception desk to let some agro drop. From there I dashed through the backyards and around into the church, again tried to lose agro and avoided the few zombies that followed me. Then I hit the other firehall and was forced to hit the roof of that but got out of there quick and headed for the industrial side of Elektro by way of all the little houses and back yards. There I found my hatchet and was better able to deal with zombies so I reversed my path and got out of town. 

The second trip was because my friend got him self trapped in the corner store without a quiet weapon and was simply swarmed by zombies. He wanted to try and get back to his body and started on the east side of Cherno so he simply ran straight that way and I moved down to meet him. Same procedure, flush sniper hill. Now, I don't expect someone to be camping sniper hill on a low pop server, but you never known. The time when I don't check is when I am going to be shot in the back of the head. So It was down the same way, check the firehall, then through the market and this time into the school where I have multiple escape points and can see the corner store. So I watched his body till he came and then held off the zombies while he looted his corpse... and there were a LOT of zombies. 

My advise is to still avoid these places if solo. One hostile player in any of the locations I visited could have ended my day very quickly. Someone running into the store with a gun out while I was hatcheting down zombies, or someone who had moved onto sniper hill after I ran through it watching me in the firehall, or even someone on the hills opposite "sniper hill" would have had a not easy but not impossible shot at me at several points. Those big towns can be high reward, but they are very high risk between the zombies and other players. 

i don't go from one firestation to the other that way..or via barn, or via coastline..but in general you can never be sure..even if it's clear at start, some camper could spawn in any time..just be fast, scout the area and take cover. and watch your back since hatchets kill pretty well

Elektro can be looted with reasonable safety if you stick close to the shore and take a good look around before heading into the centre. Use cover to stay out of sight from the Northern hill and stay away from the Fire Station.

I just land my Mi15 behind the fire hall and blast my way in.

Always paranoid about snipers etc, especially on high population servers. For example if going into elektro, from the east or west, how do you enter and go through town? I'm fine when inside town, and I know how to move about, but do you just avoid open fields? For example the diagonal path from the west firehall to the north firehall, would you consider it suicide to run through the open field from one end to the other? If so, how do you do it? 

think of boobs and beer...always works for me

I just don't go to Cherno or Elektro.

I much prefer the route up through Zel and Pustoshka. You can find pretty much everything you'd need on the way, sometimes even enough for 2 people, on the way and you're almost at Stary or the NW airfield once you get there.

Type "Is anyone in [Town Name] friendly? I'm entering from the [direction] so please don't shoot! lol!"

nb. the 'lol' may save your life.

• Like 1