Theheroicbandit

military aircraft carrier with weapons in dayz SA? yes or no?

I think that if there is somthing to get boats used more often it would be a huge aircraft carrier. The carrier would have tons of parts that can be and need to changed out. Also, it would have guns like the ones modern day ones have. Maybe even a couple of submarines to make a quick get away. If this were to be put in, it would need alot of people to use it, atleast 4, whixh would encourage people to team up. Yes or no?

• Like 1

1. 4 people to maintain, and work a aircraft carrier, no.

2. many 'big boom' guns, no

3. 4 people working a military submarine, no

4. submarine, no

5. aircraft carrier, no

• Like 2

You'd never be able to fit a ships engine in a backpack, thats just a silly idea.

But seriously, its just wouldn't fit with the feeling of authenticity that the standalone is aiming for.

• Like 3

What if thats a troll thread?

What if thats a troll thread?

The thought has crossed my mind.

• Like 2

It would be impossible for any survivors, not to mention 4, to maintain, run, power, and control a military grade aircraft carrier. Also, I don't believe AC carriers carry submarines (another thing survivors shouldn't be able to operate).

• Like 1

I think that if there is somthing to get boats used more often it would be a huge aircraft carrier. The carrier would have tons of parts that can be and need to changed out. Also, it would have guns like the ones modern day ones have. Maybe even a couple of submarines to make a quick get away. If this were to be put in, it would need alot of people to use it, atleast 4, whixh would encourage people to team up. Yes or no?

1) I assume you mean a usable (driveable/pilotable, whatever) aircraft carrier.  I see NO reason for this whatsoever.

2) Yeah because Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carriers have interchangeable parts that are just lying around Post Soviet backwaters.

3) Really?  Because I thought our Navy went back to using Ballistas and arrows myself instead of Phalanx Systems and SSM launchers.

4) You do know how aircraft carriers and submarines work right?  Aircraft Carries, and usually any other surface ship, won't have a submarine as a lifeboat.  They wouldn't even have a minisub on board unless it was some emergency mission.

5) Yes because that crew of over 1000 people are really not necessary to run an Aircraft Carrier, it's all just an excuse to party out on the ocean on a big ass ship.

A sunken/beached aircraft carrier, like the cargo ship that's washed up on shore, I can see, but a fully functioning/repairable ship?  No.  I think you've been playing too much BF1942-43.

• Like 1

You and your buddies wouldn't even know how to operate the gangway...maybe you are not even enough to do that.

What if it is inoperable, and just off the coast? And it has decent loot? Maybe sharks can be added to the ocean to make it better.

No matter how much they get, they always need more.

• Like 2

I think that if there is somthing to get boats used more often.

That I'm on board (no pun intended :P) with having more incentives to use boats but the aircraft carrier... it would kinda take the fun out to have a million parts and weapons in one spot. Maybe if the carrier was stationary and couldn't be moved ever (dropped anchor) and normal loot with a few more than normal high end things then I think it might add an interesting gameplay element. Submarines - no.

What if it is inoperable, and just off the coast? And it has decent loot? Maybe sharks can be added to the ocean to make it better.

Shark attacks are relatively rare.

Every year around 100 shark attacks are reported worldwide.

Let's say super worst case scenario, 1000 per year. According to Google around 40% of the worlds population lives near the coast. World population 7 billion. So that would be 0.0114 attacks per hour worldwide, say 150 players on the server, say 50 swim out every hour, so that's a 0.0000000000000000007% chance of a player being attacked in an hour.

Or round that to zero...

However I do like the aircraft carrier idea. Like any carrier, it should have airplanes, I would love some Super Hornets with full payloads!

Also perhaps the devs could add a functional Iowa class battleship? Maybe they got some back into active service, just the ticket for taking out zombie hordes.

VsnjLJD.jpg

Decent like containers full of weapons and ammo am i right? I guess i can never go wrong in this case.

No matter how much they get, they always need more.

This

Edited by Enforcer

oh oh oh can we haz a essex class carrier.  I really like flying planes in war thunder so DayZ should have war thunderz.    

It wuld be sooper cool if could operate the twelve 5in guns, the seventeen quadruple 40mm bofors, and the 65 close defense 20mm Oerlikons.   

post-42731-0-18562100-1380219703_thumb.j 

Yup, 4 guys could operate the whole thing no prob  B)

EDITZ:

OOOHHHHHH hhhhhhhhhoooooooww could I forgetsz.    THERE SHOULD BE KAMIKAZE ZOMBIES>  they were people who were pilots who got infected!! but they are still onli partially infected and can still r conscious but theey  wantsz to commit suicide before the loose consciousness and become zombie pilots who forgwt how too fliye.  SO THEY FLY THERE SU-25s and MIG-29 and ZEROS INTO THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER SO YOU HAVE TO USE THE CONNANS TO DEFEND THE ship.  if you get hit then you have to man the fire hose and damage control!! but if the fire reaches the magazine then the is a CATASTOPHIC EXPLOSION> !!!! it I was sniping at NWAF and the carrier blews up at hCherno, I SHOULD HERE IT LIK A ATOM BOOOOMMMMBBBBB!!!!

PLZ PLZ PLZ ROCKET MAKE IT HAPPEN BEOFEEEJA YOU REALIZE THE ALPAH

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 2

Kinda like this?

-snip-

I agree with this. I think there should be wreckages that have the ability to be explored for supplies and (possibly) ammunition. Military and civilian both. However, on the topic of being able to drive such a vehicle? No... not happening. Never ever, EVER.

Alcohol should be put in, so that way drunk drivers crash. Also, maybe a sedative to kidnap bandits, as well as handcuffs that work.

Here's an idea: 1-man Submarine. 

Like the wiser, more affluent forumers say. A carrier would require alot ALOT more than just 4 PPL to operate. And I don't think a small country like Chernarus would have an aircraft carrier. ALTHOUGH! There is a U.S.A MC carrier near Utes in ArmA 2.

Alcohol should be put in, so that way drunk drivers crash. Also, maybe a sedative to kidnap bandits, as well as handcuffs that work.

Sedative? hahaha nope.  You have to get really drunk to black out.  Good luck for feeding two bottles of vodka down some guys throat till he blacks out hahah  :facepalm:

Edit:  I am at university, I see this stuff with my own eyes every weekend.  I get can drink quite a bit of beer and liquor before becoming tipsy.  It takes a lot more after that to black out.

Edited by Vindicator