thelonewarrior

Time we do this ourselves, fighting back against the KOS

So here we are, day after day of KOS complaints and whining

This isn't a whine thread, it's a step towards REDUCiNG KOS and NOT removing it

So if your here to moan, bitch or troll don't bother replying as I've heard it all before and know this works

People quit the game or turn bandit, and people say there is nothing we can do

They are wrong

I said in another thread how a year ago there were 120 odd people in my clan, we held down cities, hunted bandits and rewarded the good folk

Easily we held 3-4 servers at any given time, and we held the peace for the most part

Hackers are what ruined us, not bandits, we fought many battles and gained a lot of good people (and some bad eggs that we dealth with)

Over time we lost members, eiether die to boredom or hackers or waiting for the standalone

And every day I spend my time hunting bandits and seeking out the last of the good people

But it's not enough, I'm one person, and can't fight everyone's battles

So everyone who is left, I'm asking you to stand up and fight back

When you here those dmr rounds going off in elektro, don't turn and run, find them and punish them (and let them know ehh they died)

When you see bandits killing people, especially unarmed players, don't turn your back and avoid it, help them or at least avenge them

The problem is human behaviour, I'm not saying group up, I'm saying do the right thing, explain to people on side chat why and get the hell out before you get betrayed

You can get your gear from anywhere, you will die and you will kill bandits

If your one of those bandits who say they only KOS because others do, prove that by using your sniper to clear some zombies for someone in trouble and run the hell away before someone comes after you, if you really only play that way because you feel you can't trust people use my 30 second rule

If someone is in trouble, aim to help clear the threat in under a minute and leave, 30 seconds is preferred

If they are having trouble with the stronger zombies, kill all bit 2 zombies and leave them to it, it's enough of a distraction to get away and safely leave

If we want to help make it a better place, stand up for your fellow man and lay down the law, whoever your and and whatever you have done, the time for redemption is now

If your in, tell me what you did today to help someone or just say that your going to fight for this cause

Ps: anyone replying with "you can't stop KOS" just ignore their posts and don't feed the trolls, this is to reduce and not eradicate KOS

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

You can't stop KoS.

I am sick and shaking somewhere near Vyshnoye but I have no knife to gut animals, which are plentiful, nor do I have any pain killers to stop the shakes.

I can see you raiding the barn on the edge of town, I have a clear shot...

• Like 5

I don't get why everyone is treating it as if it's some plague. It's not. It's simply a preference, and a valid one. There is a reason why most people do it; it's safer. Not shooting on sight is a risk with a reward. KoS is a safe option with drawbacks. There's no reason for anyone to even attempt to subjugate KoS; If people want to shoot on sight, that's their call. If people don't, then it's their call. I see no point in trying to make it appear as if it's a "problem", thereby alienating players who do it.

And BoneBoys' post reminds me; Not everyone is playing to make friends with whomever they meet. They're playing to survive. Tell me why they deserve to be viewed as assholes, or a parasite on the community for doing the core objective of the game?

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 7

I used to be heaps pro-friendly and against KoS. I'd rather make friends and help people out than start shooting people dead without reason. But the amount of times that I've been killed for saying friendly or giving someone the benefit of the doubt is just getting ridiculous. I've tried my hand at making friends and avoiding the KoS mentality, but I'm at a point now where I've started killing other players on sight to survive. I'll kill bandits but mostly I'll just kill anyone that I deem to be a threat, so I'll basically shoot anyone provided they're armed, unless they give me a reason to otherwise think they won't shoot me. 

When I say that, I don't go actively seeking out people to kill. I don't run through the coastal cities killing players for the fun of it. And if I see another player ahead and they haven't seen me, I'll usually just try to avoid them. But if I see someone headed my way with a gun, then I'll shoot them.

Example: today in Cherno, there was some new spawn running around with a massive zombie train. I was feeling friendly so I shot a few of the zombies with my M1014 and took the train off him then offered to give him a blood transfusion. Instead, he ran into the fire station, grabbed an AKM and came back out and shot me. Not even so much as a thank you. I had heaps of chances to shoot him but opted to help him instead, and I got killed for it. I'm aware that there are plenty of players who would have been grateful for the help, but I've had far too many encounters where I've tried to help someone and been shot in the back for the effort.

The hard truth about DayZ is that 90% of the players are jerks who would rather shoot you for their own safety, and on the off chance that you have a slightly better gun or some beans rather than interact with you. And I guess I'm one of them now too. But 'eh, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Fight KOS, by KOS, show no mercy!

Nice plan, everyone will just KOS

Btw, what happened to the Regulators? Good bunch of guy a while back!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Well then guess ill continue fighting alone, point is for me is that with the new zombies most people can't survive alone and continue the circle of insanity that is kill for the sake of a kill regardless of the zombies hitting them and most of the time killing them

We fell apart after one major operation where we locked down cherno and a hacker followed us using dayz commander for months just killing us over and over all day every day so most of us quit, was rather pointless playing so I went off the grid under other names to escape this hacker

We have done it in the past, we will do not again, the majority always wins

When we were organised and the policing was the vast majority of our servers we did a good job at keeping bandits down until we were stalked by the hacker

Like I said, this post is for people who actually want to make a difference,

KOS = killing as soon as you see a player for the fun of it

Defending yourself and others is not KOS

Yes it's safer, if there are Jo zombies around, with the amounts of damage they currently do only the good bandits actually manage to get any reward from killing a player then killing all the zombies

Almost every person that's tried to kill me in the 1.8 update has died before being able to kill me due to zombie aggro and death or been killed after it during killing me

We just need more people dishing out justice like back in the day for me, and we can make a diffrence

When the majority is bandits, most become bandits

When the makority are decent people willing to fight, most will stay on the winning side

If your not willing to try and help, then I'm not really interested in what you have to say

There are people on here all the time wanting to change things, if your not one of them you having nothing to contribute to this thread I haven't heard a million times

I prefer to watch before I shoot, does that make me a pervert?

• Like 5

I prefer to watch before I shoot, does that make me a pervert?

kind of, yes. But I'm cool with that.

I don't get why everyone is treating it as if it's some plague. It's not. It's simply a preference, and a valid one. There is a reason why most people do it; it's safer. Not shooting on sight is a risk with a reward. KoS is a safe option with drawbacks. There's no reason for anyone to even attempt to subjugate KoS; If people want to shoot on sight, that's their call. If people don't, then it's their call. I see no point in trying to make it appear as if it's a "problem", thereby alienating players who do it.

And BoneBoys' post reminds me; Not everyone is playing to make friends with whomever they meet. They're playing to survive. Tell me why they deserve to be viewed as assholes, or a parasite on the community for doing the core objective of the game?

finally a guy with sense ! B)

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

This is not a discussion about why when how what about KOS

It isn't about if thy are going to kill you or betray you

It's 100% about if you personally want to make a difference and REDUCE KOS and be part of that which is trying to do that

You can say all you want about how it's never going to happen, but that is a completely different topic

So only people who want things to change (regardless if your a bandit or not)

And if the answer is "yes I would like things to be different for the better "

The contribute

Because for some reason you think telling me things I already know (like STopping KOS when I said reduce KOS)

Somehow you think this will change my opinion

So just give up replying if that's all you going to talk about because it means nothing when it's been said a million times and you'll be wasting your time

And RAGE I never said they were not surviving did I?

I am solely talking about idiots who spawn kill, hunt players purely for that and not survival and kill people despite having their only option for survival (firing a lee Enfield at me and ignoring zombies while they stand there and die is not survival when they are ignoring that part of the game)

Those playing for survival that's their choice, sitting at the coast with a sniper aiming at a spawn point is KOS

Well then guess ill continue fighting alone, point is for me is that with the new zombies most people can't survive alone and continue the circle of insanity that is kill for the sake of a kill regardless of the zombies hitting them and most of the time killing them

If they can't survive alone, then they WILL die, and eventually change their approach. No action is required on your part.

I don't get why everyone is treating it as if it's some plague. It's not. It's simply a preference, and a valid one. There is a reason why most people do it; it's safer.

lolno. Most people shoot on sight for the lulz, not because it's safer or anything like that. In fact, most people who KoS are more likely to put themselves at risk even if there is no reward aside from "getting a kill". They don't care about your gear, they don't care about survival, they just want to play a deathmatch.

I'm not calling everyone who KoS an asshole or a parasite but it is an obvious problem with the game. Rocket is very well aware of that or else he wouldn't be spending a lot of time implementing features such as item damage. Like I said in another thread, although it's a player mechanic, lack of content is a lot to blame for that as well. Imagine if DayZ was just a walled up Elektro. 100% of the people would shoot 100% of the time. There would be no point in doing anything else and you could hardly blame anyone for doing so.

Except people won't because there is no alternative

This is an alternative

Of course it requires action, people believe it can't be done so don't bother trying regardless of consequences, if you believe that then by all means continue your ways

The first step is the longest stride, people expect an instant miracle solution to all their problems, this won't be done overnight

KOS only means temporary survival until you meet re next player or get in a sticky zombie situation and you might win or you might lose

Having someone not kill you is potentially long term survival, even if your not looking to make friends it helps to know a trustworthy person who can bloodbag you or help when your pinned down

Seeing as most players go at it alone, when you do get in a bad situation your pretty much screwed

Eh, I do what I can. I tend to play with friends and so have back-up most of the time. This gives me an option to talk but I always make sure that I am covered by a friend and also sure the possible hostile knows it too. 

Example:

My friend and I hopped on an Epoch server. We were at Trader City Keln dumping some things we didn't need and buying a few things we did need when we heard a vehicle approaching. Guy drove up and into the area and we took cover. My friend went out and talked to him while I stayed in cover ready to shoot if he appeared the least bit hostile. He wasn't (or maybe decided the odds were bad) but we took turns covering him as one of us and he went about our trading. Another person shows up, same thing for him. 

Finally a plane starts buzzing the area. Spotting people it circles back and begins to circle. We quickly finish up the last of our trades and move into the cover of the woods as a helicopter shows up and the shooting starts. My friend and I laid down cover fire for the neutral parties to help them get out and then broke off once the one guy was dead and the other had gotten away.

We have also canvased the various known sniper areas in groups of 4 and cleared out those that were shooting new spawns. My favorite was a guy who just kept climbing up to the top of one of the firehalls. I killed him with an M16A4 ACOG at about 400 meters. He came back and picked up his CZ, bandit skin clearly showing this time instead of a ghillie. He then laid down in the same spot I just shot him so I killed him again. He came back and finally I just had my friends sneak up to the firehall and killed him AGAIN. This time when he came back they killed him as soon as he set foot in there and he finally got the point. 

Edited by Mercules

lolno. Most people shoot on sight for the lulz, not because it's safer or anything like that. In fact, most people who KoS are more likely to put themselves at risk even if there is no reward aside from "getting a kill". They don't care about your gear, they don't care about survival, they just want to play a deathmatch.

I'm not calling everyone who KoS an asshole or a parasite but it is an obvious problem with the game. Rocket is very well aware of that or else he wouldn't be spending a lot of time implementing features such as item damage. Like I said in another thread, although it's a player mechanic, lack of content is a lot to blame for that as well. Imagine if DayZ was just a walled up Elektro. 100% of the people would shoot 100% of the time. There would be no point in doing anything else and you could hardly blame anyone for doing so.

At the end of the day, the reason they do it is moot, irrelevant, semantics. The only thing that matters is if they ultimately do it or not, and if it's something one could justify doing. Shooting on sight can be argued as logically sound as it IS the safer option and there are no "rules" being broken by doing it, so as far as you're concerned, they were just looking out for number one.

• Like 1

Heard it all before

The discussion about it isn't the topic here

Stay on topic or don't post, if you want to discuss the ins and outs and whys make your own post

This is for the people who want change and about what you are doing to make that change

Thanks

I don't get why everyone is treating it as if it's some plague. It's not. It's simply a preference, and a valid one. There is a reason why most people do it; it's safer.

I don't think people do it because it's safer, it's just fun. Probably there was a time, back then when DayZ was kind of a survival game, but right know it's just ridiclous, the game is boring if you don't kill people.

Potato sense tickling. That was supposed to sound epic, but it didnt OP. You cant do it on 1 forum. People play dayz outside the forums. And they want to have fun. Maybe they dont feel like doing friendly crap?

NOTHING WILL STOP THIS EVIL! MUAHAHAGHAHA

Your comments are falling on death ears Frytek, they don't contribute to this post at all

Its fine that you haven't got the stones to try, your in your confort zone of KOS

This post isn't for you

Im looking for people who have got the balls to try

Heard it all before

The discussion about it isn't the topic here

Stay on topic or don't post, if you want to discuss the ins and outs and whys make your own post

This is for the people who want change and about what you are doing to make that change

Thanks

I fail to grasp how debating the contents of the first post could possibly be considered "off-topic", unless you're simply claiming all posts disagreeing with you are "off-topic", since you don't really decide what is and isn't allowed in your thread, the rules do. And I'm pretty sure the rules tell me that I am within my rights to post here to say I do not like your idea for given reasons.

You are free to post what you like, but posting things that at send it off topic is just going to detail the thread and get it locked which I don't want

The topic here is not to discuss all the previous issues with KOS

You know exactly why and what is being discussed here, your just probably hoping you can derail it enough to get it locked

And what I meant was that its going off topic so from now on it needs to discuss only what the original post was meant to discuss

Which is what I meant

Besides I clearly stated what the discussion is and you choose to ignore it and waste your time telling me things I already know

You are free to post what you like, but posting things that at send it off topic is just going to detail the thread and get it locked which I don't want

The topic here is not to discuss all the previous issues with KOS

You know exactly why and what is being discussed here, your just probably hoping you can derail it enough to get it locked

And what I meant was that its going off topic so from now on it needs to discuss only what the original post was meant to discuss

Which is what I meant

Besides I clearly stated what the discussion is and you choose to ignore it and waste your time telling me things I already know

And I repeat, what I was discussing was on topic. You are saying you want something done about KoS, and I am rebutting by telling you why I think nothing should be done. It's entirely on you to reply to my post, so if you feel it's something you don't want to reply to then feel free not to. Really, the only way the thread is being derailed is by you telling me I'm derailling it.

The two topics are not separate though. 

KoS is legitimate. I have done it myself. My friend and I scouting an area and hunting for bandits ran into a group that did not have bandit skins but didn't have hero/survivor skins on either. Without that we could not be sure if they were bandits or not but they were moving towards Elektro from two HMMWVs under the cover of the woods with scoped weapons. Sure they were assualt rifles for the most part and not sniper rifles but we also don't know what is in their packs. 4 of them moving into a sniping position all geared up? We had to make a choice. 

We could talk to them and have them quickly spread out and flank us(and we were in a not so great area to stop that) or shoot first. We took down 3 asked the last guy to surrender and when he continued firing into the tree I was using for cover we killed him too. At least we were kind enough to not hide the bodies so they could get their gear back and hopefully they thought twice about that area. 

If I see a bandit skin, I don't ask questions or call for surrender. I assume they will happily shoot me even if I didn't have a gun and so avoid and/or shoot them. Survivor skins will have me avoid the person unless there is a reason to interact. Hero skins will often have me avoid shooting unless shot at.