Sign in to follow this  
Michaelvoodoo25

Recipes

How about recipes for food and medical ailments?

With new stuff being added how about the chance to gain more energy or vitality in extreme weather or while suffering illness?

Would add many new features? And could speed up healing and add benefits all round?

How about cooking food instead of cold eating? Everyone loves a warm meal when times are hard, you could prepare items and wait for it to complete? Would boost morale and alleviate stress!

• Like 9

And here i thought it would be recipes for making smokeless gunpowder or smelt metals and build tanks...

You have my beans.

Bandit Bakeries™ - coming to a town near you!

Warning: Products may include bullets to the face. Side effects may include loss of possessions and/or loss of life. No purchase necessary.

• Like 1

Personally I'm against food buffs. Only difference should be blood gain. Cooked food more blood, tincan/raw food less. On the other hand I like the idea or cooking/recipes. Find a camp with a pot of stew on the fire, drop in some poisonous mushrooms, get some same distance, take your binoculars out and watch em getting poisoned.

• Like 1

Well chicken soup should really cure ALL infections so yes i agree.

Mmmmm, yum. :)

Personally I'm against food buffs. Only difference should be blood gain. Cooked food more blood, tincan/raw food less.

Really?

After weeks eating nothing but cold beans and things you found on the ground, I think a nice home-cooked meal is going to perk you up a fair bit TBH.

Emotional well-being isn't exactly easy to express as a function of a game, but it's a very real factor in keeping yourself healthy. Which is a vital part of "survival".

• Like 2

Personally I'm against food buffs. Only difference should be blood gain. Cooked food more blood, tincan/raw food less. On the other hand I like the idea or cooking/recipes. Find a camp with a pot of stew on the fire, drop in some poisonous mushrooms, get some same distance, take your binoculars out and watch em getting poisoned.

I would like to see more food stuffs, thus more ingredients to harvest / gather from the world. More items such as pots and pans etc.. I believe they will be adding things like working stoves no? Anyways, really like the idea of being able to sneak into a camp, find a pot of stew hanging above a campfire and adding something poisonous (like the nasty mushrooms), then hiding to watch the fruits of your labor. Would be best if you were close enough to hear their voip conversation haha. (what the hell, i just ate the stew and now i am seriously ill, got any antibiotics?)

• Like 1

Some recipes (I like to cook so this is an interesting section for me). I think recipes should be simplified.. no need for chicken broth.. or rosemary, or cumin seeds etc.. lol   Lastly, it would be interesting if eating say, cooked meat by itself has a chance of giving you cramps or something like that.. so it is better to eat meats with some veggies etc..

Irish stew

Ingredients - Potato, Carrot, some kind of red meat (like beef), water, and beer!

Tools etc.. - Stove or campfire, large pot, wooden spoon, bowl or thermos (bowl for eating immediately, thermos to take with you but thermos only keeps things warm for so long)

Effects - Blood gain, warmth (if soup is still warm in thermos), general increase in vitality?

Chicken soup (since there is rice already added to SA it seems, I will use rice instead of noodles..)

Ingredients - Rice, water, chicken, carrots, celery

Tools etc.. - stove or campfire, large pot, wooden spoon, bowl or thermos

Effects - Blood gain, warmth (if soup is still warm in thermos), general increase in vitality? and cures you from the common cold or flu ya get from being cold too long

well enough for now.. more later no doubt  :D

You should also be able to add Magic Mushrooms, once eaten your vision goes wonky and you see the old barbed wire glitch.

That was trippy!

• Like 1

Only thing that should reduce damage is armor. Nothing you eat should reduce damage. Does not make sense.

Some recipes (I like to cook so this is an interesting section for me). I think recipes should be simplified.. no need for chicken broth.. or rosemary, or cumin seeds etc.. lol   Lastly, it would be interesting if eating say, cooked meat by itself has a chance of giving you cramps or something like that.. so it is better to eat meats with some veggies etc..

Irish stew

Ingredients - Potato, Carrot, some kind of red meat (like beef), water, and beer!

Tools etc.. - Stove or campfire, large pot, wooden spoon, bowl or thermos (bowl for eating immediately, thermos to take with you but thermos only keeps things warm for so long)

Effects - Blood gain, warmth (if soup is still warm in thermos), general increase in vitality?

Chicken soup (since there is rice already added to SA it seems, I will use rice instead of noodles..)

Ingredients - Rice, water, chicken, carrots, celery

Tools etc.. - stove or campfire, large pot, wooden spoon, bowl or thermos

Effects - Blood gain, warmth (if soup is still warm in thermos), general increase in vitality? and cures you from the common cold or flu ya get from being cold too long

well enough for now.. more later no doubt   :D

Do you really think someone wants to run across the map 5 times just to find all these ingredients? Yes? Well, you are wrong.

Do you really think someone wants to run across the map 5 times just to find all these ingredients? Yes? Well, you are wrong.

Would be a good way to have players think of anything else but shooting but also about the survial factor. In this case it could be seen as a way to preserve your health. Having malnutrition is a source of illness and it can also affect anything else in your body. Having at least one decent tasting meal a day could be made to affect your stamina and psyche but i wouldn't give a player hitpoints or any healing advantage only because he ate something else that beans with...beans.

If you would need to run across the map 5 times to make a simple soup... then there is a problem which I am sure would be balanced.

Also, why speak of someone... just speak for yourself. But really, something needs to be done for foods in SA. Cooking raw meat over a fire with your bare hands and that is all you eat.. is just sad. More food stuffs to cook, using things like pots and requiring ingredients (more than just.. raw meat), is another great way to add depth to the game. If ya do not like things like this.. continue to play the mod. 

• Like 2

If there is more to do, then I would use the time in game to do it, as opposed to running around going to high spawn areas, being targeted by less imaginative players.

• Like 2

Sounds good to me. Add a new item to the loot table;Cooking pots.