tbodsefier

Loading ammo into guns.

I don't understand then. will it not snap into the extractor? does it just stay jammed in the barrel?

Even if it doesn't expel the brass the firing pin should still punch the primer, I wouldn't recommend doing this because you are bound to screw it up but it in a dire need situation it should work.

Edited by akafugitive

Firing without mags has been confirmed by rocket btw.

LOL i would like to someone with non linked  200rounds of 5.56mm in a M249 100rounds of 7.62x54 in a PKM trying to manually load every round into the chamber...i bet they would toss it and get the nearest double barrel because it's a hassle :lol:

I don't understand then. will it not snap into the extractor? does it just stay jammed in the barrel?

Even if it doesn't expel the brass the firing pin should still punch the primer, I wouldn't recommend doing this because you are bound to screw it up but it in a dire need situation it should work.

I could put the round in the barrel, but the slide would never fully close.

LOL i would like to someone with non linked  200rounds of 5.56mm in a M249 100rounds of 7.62x54 in a PKM trying to manually load every round into the chamber...i bet they would toss it and get the nearest double barrel because it's a hassle :lol:

But, if bullet ballistics are anywhere near realistic you'd only need one 7.62 and maybe a good knock on the head with a buttstock.

I'd like to see one handed holding an LMG with a belt but no box, I can has it Rambo style?

But, if bullet ballistics are anywhere near realistic you'd only need one 7.62 and maybe a good knock on the head with a buttstock.

I'd like to see one handed holding an LMG with a belt but no box, I can has it Rambo style?

I'm not really familiar with LMG's (like most civies haha!), but I guess that's theoretically possible. I would imagine there would be a lot of missfeeds though.

I would really love to see animations for breach loaders where you can actually see your character loading the individual shells/cartridges into the breach.   

Also it would be awesome if your character loaded each shotgun shell into tubular magazines.

• Like 2

I'm not really familiar with LMG's (like most civies haha!), but I guess that's theoretically possible. I would imagine there would be a lot of missfeeds though.

Aslong as you know where the bullet is meant to go I'd say you'd eventually get it.

I've held an early m249 model that the NZ army uses, and from video games I know that belt fed LMGs have a sort of lid on the top and that's where to bullet gets loaded, then you wanna cock it to load the bullet in.

However its hardly worth carrying around an LMG if you can't find belt mags.

• Like 1

You raise a good point.  After all not every weapon has a detachable magazine, I'm somewhat curious as to how they'll handle tube mag shotguns, bolt actions without removable boxes, and break actions (that new 'hunting rifle' and the double barrel shotgun).  While I would think loading a gun like how you describe would be very difficult and time consuming, it should be an option.  However, in the mod I usually keep 2 mags in my main inventory and the rest in my pack.  In standalone I plan to do the same (provided I have enough mags), one on the gun, and at max 2 in my inventory and reload mags as I empty them when I get a chance.

One of the things I hated most int he mod, was the fact that slugs/pellets for 12ga shotguns weren't interchangeable with each other. 

I'd love to be able to individually load rounds.

• Like 1

Aslong as you know where the bullet is meant to go I'd say you'd eventually get it.

I've held an early m249 model that the NZ army uses, and from video games I know that belt fed LMGs have a sort of lid on the top and that's where to bullet gets loaded, then you wanna cock it to load the bullet in.

However its hardly worth carrying around an LMG if you can't find belt mags.

Makes me wonder how they will be handled, will you need to find ammo+links=belt(higher chance to jam?) belt+empty boxmag=boxmag(lower chance to jam) or will it just be ammo+empty boxmag=boxmag.

Edited by akafugitive

Makes me wonder how they will be handled, will you need to find ammo+links=belt(higher chance to jam?) belt+empty boxmag=boxmag(lower chance to jam) or will it just be ammo+empty boxmag=boxmag.

If they have LMGs at all.

It would probably balance the effectiveness of the LMGs having more to worry about than just ammo itself.

At the same time, things with tube mags get a boost, I wanna see a few .22 guns lever action or semi autos with tube mags.

A few more medium caliber bolt actions aswell.

• Like 1

Agreed. I don't want it to be over run with Military grade weapons, and at least make it so going into areas with high end gear would be very dangerous and would require you to need high end civi gear or at least a few friends and some decent gear before you can even attempt to enter military areas.

• Like 1

Agreed. I don't want it to be over run with Military grade weapons, and at least make it so going into areas with high end gear would be very dangerous and would require you to need high end civi gear or at least a few friends and some decent gear before you can even attempt to enter military areas.

Yeah, any place that military gear is still available should have a good reason for it not being gone, people went failed, made it harder and the trend keeps going, untill the place is protected by an army of zombies unbreakable by the most.

I wanna see evidence ofrevious survivors and notes telling of legendary deposits of loot, stowed away military russuply trucks by the humble a humble survivor who was to come back to it, but died :( er ners!

If they have LMGs at all.

It would probably balance the effectiveness of the LMGs having more to worry about than just ammo itself.

At the same time, things with tube mags get a boost, I wanna see a few .22 guns lever action or semi autos with tube mags.

A few more medium caliber bolt actions aswell.

I wouldn't mind having to carry around a 5 shot bolt action rifle or an AK frequently lacking ammo or even any kind of shotgun which would probably be best for untrained shooters  if they manage to put the focus in the SA on survival rather than pvp. I don't count playing airsoft, paintball or any kind of survival game where weapons or replicas are involved as training although it might help in weapon handling or if you have ever stripped a GBB pistol or rifle.

I wouldn't mind having to carry around a 5 shot bolt action rifle or an AK frequently lacking ammo or even any kind of shotgun which would probably be best for untrained shooters  if they manage to put the focus in the SA on survival rather than pvp. I don't count playing airsoft, paintball or any kind of survival game where weapons or replicas are involved as training although it might help in weapon handling or if you have ever stripped a GBB pistol or rifle.

I think for most an automatic rifle would be something to avoid.

The amount if rounds a gun on full auto chews through is enough to put them out alone.

Personally I'd go for a semi auto preferably of the 5.56 size or a good 12 gauge shotgun, maybe both.

At home my brother has a semi auto tube fed .22 and my dad owns an old 12 gauge double barrel.

I think for most an automatic rifle would be something to avoid.

The amount if rounds a gun on full auto chews through is enough to put them out alone.

Personally I'd go for a semi auto preferably of the 5.56 size or a good 12 gauge shotgun, maybe both.

At home my brother has a semi auto tube fed .22 and my dad owns an old 12 gauge double barrel.

Weapons like the M16 and M4 (not sure about the AK's but I think so) are select fire. Meaning you can change them from fully auto to either single shot or three round burst or both.

Semi auto is always available on a firearm(aside from LMG's or other heavy suppression weapons) and the most used selection since full auto is only good for suppression for a short time and causes a lot of heat on the barrel.

Armalite's are Semi(civi/Marksman), Semi/3-shot(M16A2, A4, M4), Semi/full(M4A1, M16A3).

SMG's like mp5's will allow for semi/3-shot/full.

AK's(unless civi model) have a semi/full selector switch also.

Edited by akafugitive

Semi auto is always available on a firearm(aside from LMG's or other heavy suppression weapons) and the most used selection since full auto is only good for suppression for a short time and causes a lot of heat on the barrel.

Armalite's are Semi(civi/Marksman), Semi/3-shot(M16A2, A4, M4), Semi/full(M4A1, M16A4).

SMG's like mp5's will allow for semi/3-shot/full.

AK's(unless civi model) have a semi/full selector switch also.

Yes, interesting fact: In the vietnam war they actually had M16s forced to use 3-shot or semi, because otherwise the soldiers wasted ammo when they paniced.