King of kong

My Survival Suggestions For NoobZ.

- Matches. Hatchet. Water Bottle. Map. Hunting Knife. These will allow you to survive in the wild.

- Play Regular ArmA 2 to learn the basics of Movement and Flying/Driving. It's also got a badass editor mode...

- Avoid Anyone in a German KSK suit with Face-Wrap or Ghillie suit. These playerZ are often Aggressive Bandits or SniperZ.

- See a car? Don't stand in the middle of the road. Jump out of the way and find cover. DayZ players have a nasty habit of running people over, unarmed-or-not. Often not bothering to loot you...

- If someone comes to you and spawns a box/car filled with goodieZ. Don't take it, no-matter how tempting. You may be banned from that server, if you are caught with hacked items in your inventory.

- Don't kill unarmed-playerZ for no reason. If they try to pick-up a gun, by all means, kill them. But if they pose no-threat then just tell them to go away. Or team-up with them.

- Never crawl/Prone up a stairs. This can kill you, or break your leg.

- To evade the crazieZ. Run up a steep hill, then wait for them to folllow you halfway untill they're in a walking stance. Then run down the hill, they willl try to follow but will die on the way down.

- Don't logout beside a tree. You may die upon log-in.

- Never give your location to ANYONE! Unless you trust them. If You've just spawned you'll be a prime target for Arse-Holes who love nothing more than to kill an unarmed player

- Never ask "Anyone in Cherno/ElektroZavodsk?" This may notify bandits that someone is nearby and they may take up position to kill you.

Here, Have some of my Irish Luck.

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 7

You cant get banned for hacked items in your inventory

only if you did the hacking yourself.

A hacker Cannot get you Global Banned

No way no how.

Not unless he has your CD key

• Like 3

You cant get banned for hacked items in your inventory

only if you did the hacking yourself.

A hacker Cannot get you Global Banned

No way no how.

Not unless he has your CD key

I got banned from a server after a guy gave me hacked shit. Rookie mistake.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that. I'll edit out

- Don't logout beside a tree. You may die upon log-in.

I've been playing since June of 2012, and this happened once (months ago), when I spawned in swimming (in the ground) and drifted into a tree. This has never happened since, BMRF is lying to you.

I've been playing since June of 2012, and this happened once (months ago), when I spawned in swimming (in the ground) and drifted into a tree. This has never happened since, BMRF is lying to you.

It just happened to me yestaday.

Alway's ask if there is anyone in "Cherno" or "Elektro", Actually soon as you log in do this, even if you are no where near them ask anyway.

• Like 2

Also ask  'Is anyone friendly in [your location]?' in side chat because bandits never lie.

Edited by RogueNZ

I would also go into cherno in direct and run around screaming friendly, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG. Anyway good advice. Beans.

sniperZ lol...i'd not trust buildings where it seems you need to vault in..and watch out opening gates..the OP advice pool is really the juice of dayz..good job

• Like 1

Thank you for writing this. I'm a total noob but also a fast learner!

Watch FrankieOnPC's YouTube Gameplay. He often show's  the basics of the Game. Or look around the forums for experienced players who can help you out in-game.

I only got ArmA 2 last week but I've learned the basics.

• Like 1

- Never crawl/Prone up a stairs. This can kill you, or break your leg.

By crawling, do you mean crouching or going prone?

You can easily crouch up stairs.

Crouch to avoid zombies without it taking forever to get somewhere. Took me awhile to learn this, as I was getting fed up with crawling from so far away.

When you get zombies chasing you, just run around buildings. Pretty easy to lose most of them. Also learn the buildings that are open inside and have multiple exits. Much easier to lose zombies if they chase you into a building and start walking. Run out other side and you'll be long gone when they come out.

The Enfield is called a dinner bell for a reason.

Probably stay away from the tops of buildings in the big towns. Easy target for snipers.

Personally, I also play loose and dangerous after first spawning. Why be careful until you at least have the basic gear you need to survive (ax, matches, etc as originally posted)? May as well be fearless and stock up quickly.

• Like 2

The Enfield is called a dinner bell for a reason.

Because one shot and you've got yourself more meat than you'd need for a day? Hell yeah!

Here's a tip. Search barns for an early weapon and if you find a Lee Enfield, grab it. Deadly accurate up to 300m, plentiful ammo, and each shot packs a punch.

It's not godly but it's the best "low-tier" weapon if you ask me. Good for making your way north.

Oh and as said above, crouch instead of crawl, but when you hit a hard surface (pavement, hard dirt) hold left shift to walk to make less noise.

Edited by Diggydug
  • Like 1

Didn't know about holding left shift to walk. Nice tip.

if at all possible group with people you meet via friends or out-of-game. I would only consider meeting/teaming with someone I met via side or direct in game as a last resort, And probably betray them for a bit of good kit given the opportunity. don't think the average player wouldn't do the same to you.

Unfortunately there is no "surviving off the land" like you'd think

Every supermarket is jam packed with food and goodies, and hunting is literally one of the easiest things to do

This is one of the prime reasons why so many people are anxiously waiting for the standalone - it will (should) be much more survival-oriented 

• Like 1

Watch FrankieOnPC's YouTube Gameplay. He often show's  the basics of the Game. Or look around the forums for experienced players who can help you out in-game.

I only got ArmA 2 last week but I've learned the basics.

I still learn from his vids.