Sign in to follow this  
DutchStealth

Still worth it?

Hey y'all,

I'm really pondering on whether I should get ArmA 2 for DayZ now or if I should wait for the standalone. If I would have never played DayZ before I probably should wait for the standalone, but because I have played it at my friend's place and really enjoyed it I'm a little bit torn up... I enjoy it so much I'm seriously considering getting it now. And because the standalone is such a vague "mess" I don't know what to do. The standalone alpha could arrive very soon but it can also take a year before it arrives, and I don't want to wait that long since I really enjoy the mod. So what would you do? Get it now or wait? And please keep in mind that I have already played the mod and enjoy it quite a lot.

Thanks for your opinions!

Greetings,

-DutchStealth

Edited by DutchStealth

Well i would say it is worth buying it if you are gonna play the arma games aswell or else i would wait for sa 

myself i bought arma only for dayz but when i tried arma i fell just as much in love with it as dayz 

Since we still don't have an idea of when SA is going to be out, I'd say go ahead and get it if you want.  

• Like 2

The SA will be buggy as hell when released and missing planned features, the mod is perfectly stable and playable with plenty servers to choose.

Buy both, you'll get your moneys worth and BIS are worth supporting :)

Some of the new ArmA 3 mods require you to have ArmA 2 content as well, Zoombies for example.

• Like 1

Well, from what Rocket said, DayZ alpha can be shipped out if they successfully fix some things.

But if you're impatient, go for it man.

The SA will be buggy as hell when released and missing planned features, the mod is perfectly stable and playable with plenty servers to choose.

Buy both, you'll get your moneys worth and BIS are worth supporting  :)

Some of the new ArmA 3 mods require you to have ArmA 2 content as well, Zoombies for example.

That is untrue, SA will have smooth framerates and not a trillion bugs like DayZ does.
DayZMod got horrible FPS on certain cases, desync issues, bugs, hackers, need I go on?
Edited by Hosty

If you're itching to play DayZ, I say go for it. Arma 2 and Operation arrowhead are great games to begin with and have a ton of mods available. Add on Dayz with a ton of different maps/mods as well and you're getting a helluva deal for the cost. 

Get it. Next patch is going to make you drool over it.

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 1

Well, most people who bought ArmA 2 CO solemly for DayZ probably aren't going to buy Standalone, and those who bought ArmA 2 CO for online & who play DayZ also probably won't end up buying Standalone if they really kitted themselves up in DayZ

Get ArmA 2 CO

Well, most people who bought ArmA 2 CO solemly for DayZ probably aren't going to buy Standalone, and those who bought ArmA 2 CO for online & who play DayZ also probably won't end up buying Standalone if they really kitted themselves up in DayZ

Get ArmA 2 CO

I don't understand that logic.  I know a lot of people who bought Arma 2 for DayZ and are going to buy SA.

Edited by Skat3rat

That is untrue, SA will have smooth framerates and not a trillion bugs like DayZ does.
DayZMod got horrible FPS on certain cases, desync issues, bugs, hackers, need I go on?

Vehicles ? :p already confirmed as absent from the initial release, I'd call them planned features, guess my statement was true.

If you say so, lol.

• Like 1

Vehicles ? :P already confirmed as absent from the initial release, I'd call them planned features, guess my statement was true.

Vehicles aren't a major part of the game. I spend 90% of the time walking.

But they are redoing them completely, that's why they are out. Cause right now it just feels like you're driving a giant explosive rock.

Buy both, you'll get your moneys worth and BIS are worth supporting :)

WOW! When did the mod become stable? How'd I miss that.

My advice FWiW get the mod, play the game and enjoy yourself while waiting for the SA

Get ArmA 2 CO

Rule 1: Never get attached to your gear.

Rule 2: Never get attached to your gear.

Rule 3: You are going to die.

I would just say this:

I was in a similar position last year. I asked myself last October what should I do. I finally had a machine I could use for the DayZ  mod and yet I was under the impression the SA would be out in December (2012, yes I was a little naive on that score).

I'm an impatient twat sometimes, therefore I went with the Mod. I'm glad I did.

just wait the SA will be here

"soon"

Vehicles aren't a major part of the game. I spend 90% of the time walking.

But they are redoing them completely, that's why they are out. Cause right now it just feels like you're driving a giant explosive rock.

I hate walking and we spend 90% driving, quicker and easier to drive but everyone plays differently :) To me they're important

WOW! When did the mod become stable? How'd I miss that.

You should of been here when it first launched, It's a million miles better and to me it's stable, I can play it and i know the limits of the ArmA engine, I know what will kill me and what most likely won't.

It's been a long long time since a bug killed me, I can enjoy many hours playing and i'm happy with it.

Get it. Next patch is going to make you drool over it.

Drools, I would say go for it.  You can spend countless hours on Arma without dayz playing COOP missions and other mods available.

• Like 1

Drools, I would say go for it.  You can spend countless hours on Arma without dayz playing COOP missions and other mods available.

Well that's what I agree on.

Took me over two thousand hours to get bored of Arma and DayZ.

And I'm not joking.

• Like 1

Well that's what I agree on.

Took me over two thousand hours to get bored of Arma and DayZ.

And I'm not joking.

Completely agree, I spent months on end doing milsim missions and dabbling in 1944.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

I would with the new patch arriving soon :)  

Sounds awesome so far...  

Completely agree, I spent months on end doing milsim missions and dabbling in 1944.

The 1944 mod is amazing.  It has to be the second best Mod I've played.  ACE taking first.   

The next patch is going to change it all!

Again!

Thank God! :)

Keep up the good work guys!

Oh and yes buy it! Like, right now!