rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

how about they dont sprint at all' date=' but have to dropped by a headshot?

they just keep moving towards you no matter how many body shots they take?

thats kinda what you would expect them to do?

just a thought..

[/quote']

The whole "slow" zombie thing really would work better with giant hordes of Zeds, which just isn't going to happen in the game as we know it. The way they behave now is just fine, given that you typically will only aggro somewhere between 1 and 5.

Zombies seem to have super vision/hearing when they are inside buildings now. I've alerted zombies that are in buildings with closed doors while prone from 50ft away (outside the building) a few times now, whereas I can crawl next to them in an open field from a much closer distance and not alert them.

It's kind of impossible to avoid too since you can't even see the zombies through a building with a closed door.

Zed sensitivity is about right for me....but respawn timer is still off. E.g. I killed 3 zeds at a deerstand, then 3 more spawn right in front of me while I'm still looting the bodies (less than a minute later).

I am not whining, I just want to say this:

Last 5 deaths or so (while I had weapons like AK74, M16A2 etc) were directly caused by Zombies breaking my legs; each time, more then once.

I know, easy fix "Don't let Zombies hit you", and that is why I am not whining. And better fix I'm going to put into work from now on - gonna get bigger backpack asap then farm Medical supplies spawns until my backpack is full on Morphine. :)

But I just wanted to leave this here in case there is possibility something is bugged (it wasn't like this before, and I am more then happy with higher damage Zombies change which is intended).

More then half encounters I had with Zombies they broke my leg(s) and Morphine Auto-injector is pretty hard and dangerous to find.

So far so good with this.....

I even pitched a tent in a superb place, stashed all my stuff in there and made a log. After announced server restart on EU12 i checked my tent, and all my stuff was there...

Happy dayz....

In my opinion currently the biggest flaw is getting inside buildings, zombies can still hit you through, hear you or see you, so looting inside the army tents is quite impossible!

Another point is, because global chat got removed you don't see when players connect.

Because there is still no fix against server hopping there is no chance you can look for spawned people in key positions like nw airfield, stary tents etc.!

how about when they hear you trough an object they only go investigate the area? not sprint towards you and chase.

Thoughts on this? I can easily do this.

HOWEVER. There may be a small performance impact from it.

EDIT: Actually' date=' it would keep spamming your position. Would have a major performance impact. I could probably write something on this later. But for now, might not be possible.

[/quote']

Would the spamming stop, if they only investigated for x amount of seconds and if they don't hear another sound during that time, then they swtich back to roaming behavior?

(Today 04:52 AM)rocket Wrote: How do you guys feel about this, for the next hotfix:

"Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)"

So a line-of-sight check is done before agro'ing audibility - and if cut by terrain/object the power of the sound is reduced by 50%

This sounds much better than the way it is now.

lost my alice-pack and my prim. weapon by accidently dropping it. the pack was actually on the ground but I couldnt select it. the weapon was gone.

zeds are very cool right now, exceept of spawning nearby sometimes

just played 1.7.1.5

A few interesting things.

At night, prone move causes 1 bar in sound but crouch has no bars in sight or sound, In grass. It still doesn't feel balanced right yet, running only 2 bars, really?

Churno is a loot wasteland.

Plenty of junk, few cans of drink and food.. I think its fair to be scarce where it is except should be far more food/drink in the store.

watches and torches are too common.

shotgun and 1911/revolver amo is plenty, mabye too much... not sure.. feels a little spammy... could be more a variety of items in the 2 story building type. feels like way too much junk or bare rooms though in alot of places.

(oh and the 1911/revolver amo swap option is an awesome idea you put in there)

Cant really comment on anything else yet.

I don't know what issues people have regarding placing tents: Maybe Google would have helped, instead of complaining and whining for several patches/hotfixes. This is an Alpha... its a Mod.. and it's ARMA2 Engine. Expect some research, testing and a bit of work to figure things/problems out. Do not expect out-of-the-box usability like in a regular trendy AAA title.

I have started playing Dayz only with 1.6.0 IIRC. And for me, it worked since that point. You can't place tents in forests though pre-1.7.1.4, since there is something or some grass models making it impossible. You need a rather flat area (slope can go around max 10-15 degrees, now maybe even more) - It was/is important that you don't place the tent onto medium tall grass (the which gets knocked over when crawling) or close to trees or brushes etc. Also you should keep the inventory open, rightclick.. and try several times.. moving slightly in between, with your inventory opened.

If the tent-placing animation starts, it should be a generally legit area. Often it will drop back into your inv. though. Just keep trying while moving slightly, i.e. optimizing space usage between tall grass.

In 1.7.1.4 it also works in forests, and seems to be generally easier to place tents.

I wouldn't recommend placing tents pre 1.7.1.5 regarding the tent-wipe.

I also wonder if anyone can confirm that tents have been definitely wiped in 1.7.1.5.

how about when they hear you trough an object they only go investigate the area? not sprint towards you and chase.

EDIT: Actually' date=' it would keep spamming your position. Would have a major performance impact. I could probably write something on this later. But for now, might not be possible.

[/quote']

If you could make to where maybe you make a 1-2 noise they investigate and 3+ they go full agro that would be cool.

When you get the performance worked out of course.

[/quote']

This would be good... now when im thinking about the zombie behaviour - shouldnt zombies also attack animals?

Ok' date=' so I've been having some issues after updating to the newest version of DayZ, 1.7.1.5. I'm not sure if it's directly related to that or what, but here's the problem.

So I recently updated to the newest patch 93965 and the newest version of DayZ 1.7.1.5, and then I joined in and this happened. I can't aim down the sights of my weapon... I don't know why or what happened to make it do this, but I've joined multiple servers with the same issue across all of them. I checked my controls to make sure nothing was funky there, and I even set them to default, which by default, means that I have to right click to aim down sight, yet it still doesn't want to work. I'm not sure why this happened, or if it's even a bug, but any help would be appreciated.

Here's a video showing you what I mean, and showing my controls to give an idea of what they are set at.

[/quote']

Press F

I feel stupid... I should have guessed I had flares equipped -__-'

Thanks dude, I appreciate it haha, I would have been derping around like that for hours had you not told me that.

First time run through without a starting gun - fun fun. Had to crawl with two zombies very close to get the hatchet in the building nearby, but they werent facing me and didnt trigger unfairly - Great.

Cans, light sources as triggers work well. Seem to be getting a lot of triggering from z's seeing when crouched, not unfair, and am able to come up with a plan to evade pursuers.

Picked up a dbl barrel shotgun which disappeared with an error that I didnt have the asset. To get a starting kit is taking a lot longer, not a bad thing.

Some things I've noticed while been playing with the new hotfix:

- The black "Receiving..." screen sometimes appears during gameplay and doesn't go away unless you quit the game by Ctrl+Alt+Del (has happened to me 3 times already and only today)

- Blood is sometimes pouring from your body even when you aren't bleeding

- Some bodies have blood pouring out of them (cool, but it could stop after a while)

- Hearing the sound of flies but can't see any bodies around

- Zombies somehow hear or see you very easily when climbing up stairs

- Zombies are still hitting you through walls and that way coming through them (this has already been issued several times in this topic, though)

- There are way too much food and drinks available to loot, the surviving element is gone by so

- Backpacks still cannot be picked up when there's loot next to it

- Some animals are still just standing still (I actually encountered a goat today which was just standing around with its mouth open)

And some pros:

- Fps issues are gone, I'm getting a minimum of 25 fps in Cherno (even during rain) with Normal settings, awesome!

- Animals are spawning now just great, there's not too much of them but they still aren't too rare like pre-patch

- The zombie A.I. is pretty spot on at the moment, excluding the stairs bug (see above)

Anyhow, overall this was a great patch/hotfix!

Meanwhile' date=' small point, despawning of dead animals, its a bit fast at the moment. There is no time to gut it and take the meat if you are not right next to it when you shot it.

[/quote']

Shit, you're right I just checked.

Also, can you confirm the animals actually move around? I.e. specifically the animal in the incident you are describing. And how fast did it move (should it move faster)

I found a cow, and it did move around a little bit. When I shot it, it vanished before the animation of it dying finished. No chance to loot meat.

I don't know what issues people have regarding placing tents: Maybe Google would have helped' date=' instead of complaining and whining for several patches/hotfixes. This is an Alpha... its a Mod.. and it's ARMA2 Engine. Expect some research, testing and a bit of work to figure things/problems out. Do not expect out-of-the-box usability like in a regular trendy AAA title.

I have started playing Dayz only with 1.6.0 IIRC. And for me, it worked since that point. You can't place tents in forests though pre-1.7.1.4, since there is something or some grass models making it impossible. You need a rather flat area (slope can go around max 10-15 degrees, now maybe even more) - It was/is important that you don't place the tent onto medium tall grass (the which gets knocked over when crawling) or close to trees or brushes etc. Also you should keep the inventory open, rightclick.. and try several times.. moving slightly in between, with your inventory opened.

If the tent-placing animation starts, it should be a generally legit area. Often it will drop back into your inv. though. Just keep trying while moving slightly, i.e. optimizing space usage between tall grass.

In 1.7.1.4 it also works in forests, and seems to be generally easier to place tents.

I wouldn't recommend placing tents pre 1.7.1.5 regarding the tent-wipe.

I also wonder if anyone can confirm that tents have been definitely wiped in 1.7.1.5.

[/quote']

Yes I confirm. The server I played on only updated from 1.7.1.4 today. I did something sneaky: after 1.7.1.5 was released but before my server upgraded I put up some tents and moved my stuff to them. Today I come on and my server is upgraded, the original tents are gone but my new ones are there. Basically any tents you place now should be good. Though they still don't always save from what I can tell, only half my stuff was still there in my new tents.

Picked up a dbl barrel shotgun which disappeared with an error that I didnt have the asset. To get a starting kit is taking a lot longer' date=' not a bad thing.

[/quote']

did you update all three files?

"Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death "

it means my char or a Zombie ?

"Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death "

it means my char or a Zombie ?

It means just the zombies. Unless you are infected. o.O

Hey Rocket,

thanks for the patch work and the constant updates, one thing i have to say is i think personally removing the chat option for a RPG is a bad decision.. not only can you not help others at all on the server there is no way of getting messages across to the server.

Is this going to be a permanant addition? i think its kinda taking quite alot away from the whole experience and certainly with alot of new players coming to the mod i think this is a bad idea.

from my own experiences and feedback i have had from the people that i know but dont post here they agree? do you have any further information to add to this?

many thanks

Some people say way too much food, some people say way to little....