Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

I'm looking into going with G75VX Asus laptop for right now, not interested in buying a Desktop at the moment or building one,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/7674057.p?id=1218858193064&skuId=7674057#tab=specifications

On Medium graphics can I except a decent play? Because as long as I know I can run it, I really could care less as to what setting its on.

I'm looking into going with G75VX Asus laptop for right now, not interested in buying a Desktop at the moment or building one,

http://www.bestbuy.c...=specifications

On Medium graphics can I except a decent play? Because as long as I know I can run it, I really could care less as to what setting its on.

Yeah but the processor doesn't look too good to me. I have a feeling you could have some issues with performance, not graphics but overall performance

Yeah but the processor doesn't look too good to me. I have a feeling you could have some issues with performance, not graphics but overall performance

How so? And the reason I ask is because compared to my brothers laptop http://www.cnet.com/laptops/dell-latitude-e6520-15/4507-3121_7-34638905.html

which is considerably weaker and has no turbo boost, the game ran just fine and dandy on a medium setting.

Keep in my mind I'm not trying to butt heads here, I've just been doing a lot of research, getting different opinions and trying to compare information.

Edited by zfleming12

Its a quad core mobile i7...it'd run similar to a mid end i5, maybe the 3330 or 3470. Its not THAT bad.

How so? And the reason I ask is because compared to my brothers laptop http://www.cnet.com/laptops/dell-latitude-e6520-15/4507-3121_7-34638905.html

which is considerably weaker and has no turbo boost, the game ran just fine and dandy on a medium setting.

Keep in my mind I'm not trying to butt heads here, I've just been doing a lot of research, getting different opinions and trying to compare information.

I doubt an integrated graphics chip could get by with medium, especially the HD 3000. The new Haswells? Maybe, but you'd spend a shit ton of money on one of those. AMD? Maybe. But not an HD 3000. Your laptop could handle medium easy. Its got a better GPU than my current one(5870M, Asus G73Jh) yet I can run high pretty well. I'd bet you could run high even better.

• Like 1

I doubt an integrated graphics chip could get by with medium, especially the HD 3000. The new Haswells? Maybe, but you'd spend a shit ton of money on one of those. AMD? Maybe. But not an HD 3000. Your laptop could handle medium easy. Its got a better GPU than my current one(5870M, Asus G73Jh) yet I can run high pretty well. I'd bet you could run high even better.

That's what I was thinking. And compared to my current laptop which is a Dell Latitude from 2008, this will be a godsend for me.

Edit: but as crazy as it sounds, the game worked just fine on my brothers laptop on a medium to low settings as far as I could tell.

Edited by zfleming12

That's what I was thinking. And compared to my current laptop which is a Dell Latitude from 2008, this will be a godsend for me.

Edit: but as crazy as it sounds, the game worked just fine on my brothers laptop on a medium to low settings as far as I could tell.

Did he run it in 720p resolution? That pretty much gives you a 50% framerate boost, and my laptop is 900p so I get a lesser performance increase but there still is one.

Did he run it in 720p resolution? That pretty much gives you a 50% framerate boost, and my laptop is 900p so I get a lesser performance increase but there still is one.

Hmmm thats a good question o.O

*thinks*

Yeah that may have done the trick.

GTX 670m is similar to a GTX 650 Ti, GTX 660m is similar in performance to a GTX 650, and the GT 650m is similar to a GT 640. All of these can run DayZ on high above 30 frames. If you want 60, you'll have to do some scaling back on resolution and settings. Anything above those can run DayZ on high. AMD mobile GPU's, they are either High end or Low end, no Medium end like Nvidia. The 7850m is a little bit better than the 660m, and the 7870m is between the 660m and 670m. The 7790m is VERY close to the 660m in terms of performance. There isn't really an AMD equal to the GT 650m, as its just smack dab in the middle of the performance spectrum.

• Like 1

Okay. After checking with you guys and considering my budget this is my pending parts order:

Sabretooth z77

Core i5 2500k

Geforce gtx 660 ti

850w Power Supply

SSD for win 7 and Dayz Standalone (whenever that is)

7200rpm HDD 1TB for everything else........

Will it be Max settings?? Thanks for all your previous help as well..

• Intel Core i3 3220 CPU @ 3.30 GHz
  • ASRock H77M Motherboard
  • 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR3
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB of DDR5
  • 300 GB SeaGate Hard Drive (looking to upgrade to 1TB soon)

The Hard Drive is kinda dragging me down at the moment but as I said I am upgrading in the near future, I'd also like to know what FPS I would run at with this setup. PS I have a 5.9 windows rating if that helps. Thank You :D

• Intel Core i3 3220 CPU @ 3.30 GHz
  • ASRock H77M Motherboard
  • 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR3
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB of DDR5
  • 300 GB SeaGate Hard Drive (looking to upgrade to 1TB soon)

The Hard Drive is kinda dragging me down at the moment but as I said I am upgrading in the near future, I'd also like to know what FPS I would run at with this setup. PS I have a 5.9 windows rating if that helps. Thank You :D

High 30 FPS @ 1080p, High 45 FPS @ 720P. Normal will get you 40-50 FPS depending upon resolution. If you desire more than 60 frames, you'd have to switch to mostly Low. I'd recommend you just turn down the resolution and go with a mix of High and Normal, so it doesn't look like shite.

Okay. After checking with you guys and considering my budget this is my pending parts order:

Sabretooth z77

Core i5 2500k

Geforce gtx 660 ti

850w Power Supply

SSD for win 7 and Dayz Standalone (whenever that is)

7200rpm HDD 1TB for everything else........

Will it be Max settings?? Thanks for all your previous help as well..

Max settings buddy, nice build.

dayz is cpu intensive but its not wholly based on the cpu you need a decent gpu you need over a 650 to max

my friend maxes dayz with an i5 3570k a 7770 with smooth fps so your wrong

lenovo g580 with an intel i5-3320m 2.6 ghz hdd: 500g windows 8

Tweaked medieum settings i sometimes play dayz on a laptop like that PostProcess of AA of and shadow off with smooth fps

my friend maxes dayz with an i5 3570k a 7770 with smooth fps so your wrong

A 7770 is better than a 650 -_-

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a new laptop but I'm having trouble finding what I want. You see, the majority of decent gaming laptops carry Nvidia graphics cards. Now that's fine and all for others, but I have brand loyalty to AMD and I'd prefer to get a laptop with an AMD GPU and an Intel CPU in the sub 1000 $ dollar range. It has to be equal to or better than a GT 650m in terms of gaming performance and I'd prefer that it has an Intel CPU as AMD mobile processors aren't all that good. It should be a minimum of an i5, and I'm okay with getting a laptop that's a little older, but no too old as I'm trying to replace my current(ASUS G73Jh). I'd prefer a quick response, and no trolling/fanboyism. (I understand some of you have a prejudice against laptops, but I'm asking an honest question and stop being assholes and telling people to get a desktop. They are usually getting a laptop for a reason!)

Edited by Cap'n

A 7770 is better than a 650 -_-

depends on which version ur buying -_- sapphire or ghz etc

How well and fps.

CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra Gaming PC (AMD FX-4100 / 1TB HDD / 8GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GT 610

1GB XFX Radeon HD 7770

Intel Pentium G850, Socket 1155, Dual Core, 2.90GHz

LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x DVD±R

Fractal Design Core 1000

500W Storm Silent LPJ19-25

MSI H61M-P31 (G3) Motherboard

4GB Corsair Value DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333)

500GB Seagate ST500DM002 Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm

Windows 7 64BIT Professional

How would that run DayZ?

Im looking to build a computer that can run dayz at peak preformance and record in the highest setting. Also looking into doing alot of video editing. My price range is 1500-2000$ what do you sujest?

How well and fps.

CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra Gaming PC (AMD FX-4100 / 1TB HDD / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA GeForce GT 610

Everything looks great except the GPU, you will get better FPS with a brick.

Edited by dulix11

Hey,

I am Getting ready to upgrade my PC for the Standalone as well as Star Citizen

Here is what I have

CPU: AMD 6100 @ 3.3 Ghz

RAM: 8 GB Ram (Can Upgrade to 16 GB)

MoBo: MSI 970A-G46

Video Card: AMD HD 6850

2x Hard Drives: 750 GB Each

PSU: Rosewill 750 Watt

I am looking at getting an SSD (Solid State Drive), a Nvidia 660 ti, and a New case.

Here go the question(s) - What SSD brand should I get? I am looking for a reliable SSD.

Will my current video card run the standalone fine?

Thank you for any help :)