Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Just wondering, how is it slow? Is it the 2.2 ghz? it's I7 so it's quad core, right?

Yes, 2.2 makes it a pretty slow CPU. For a laptop, it is pretty good, but for smoother gameplay I would recommend at least 3.0GHz (4 cores).

How bad will it be if I have the one I listed? xD will it be Playable level or just so laggy its impossible?

Like I said, you might get 10 - 25 fps with everything on very low or disabled completely.

So it might not even work at all, but pretty much the only way to figure it out would be to drop $25 on Combined ops and find out?

You can download the ArmA II demo from steam, its free and should give you a rough idea of what you could get :)

I got the arma 2 Demo to work on my 1.5 Ghz one I have now (which is my old one). And when I mentioned that, people back then (in may) told me that the demo Wasn't representative of the mod since the mod needs more etc etc.

The Demo run fine as far as I could tell on the 1.5 lol

I hope this doesnt come off as rude, but either you or them (the people I asked in may) were wrong about using the demo as a comparison xD

Edited by mlouden03

They may be right, I'm not sure. The demo is definetely more limited, so you probably will get a lot more frames.

Maybe you could try searching youtube with something like 'i7 4702MQ arma 2' or 'i7 4702MQ dayz' to see if anyone has videos of their performance.

eh, I just decided to drop $25 on CO. I was expecting $30+ so worse comes to worse I'll have practice on the actual game before I get to play dayz lol

• Like 1

Will this be able to run DayZ with no lag? I don't know alot about computers, and I'm going to buy this computer for about 897$ off Amazon. I'll post the parts, and you do the rest. :)

Yeah, that will run high-very high settings no problem.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

What are the main features in a laptop that would make Dayz run well?

Sorry I am not too hot on computers and stuff.

Also could anyone form the uk recommend me some cheapish laptops that could run dayz?

Edited by Muzz 94

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying arma 2 for this MoD, it seems very fun and intresting.

My specs are as follows :

22" monitor running a max res of 1080p

AMD FX 6300 black edition cpu

Corsair Vengeance 1333 mhz 4 GB ddr3

Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7790 HD 1GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI OC

It will be great if anyone with similar specs could give me an idea of what my fps would be.

Thanks

So i've got myself Arma 3 on this build , just want to say the game is awsome !!!

Anyway i'm getting 30 fps with all setings except AA on verry high, and a resolution of 1080. If arma 3 runs at 30 fps i should be ok with dayz, shouldn't i?

Cheers

What are the main features in a laptop that would make Dayz run well?

Sorry I am not too hot on computers and stuff.

Also could anyone form the uk recommend me some cheapish laptops that could run dayz?

You won't run DayZ 'well' on a laptop without spending ~£750+.

If you don't want to struggle with low FPS on low graphics settings or spend a fortune then I'd recommend a desktop machine.

Hello, I'm thinking of buying arma 2 for this MoD, it seems very fun and intresting. My specs are as follows : 22" monitor running a max res of 1080p AMD FX 6300 black edition cpu Corsair Vengeance 1333 mhz 4 GB ddr3 Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7790 HD 1GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI OC It will be great if anyone with similar specs could give me an idea of what my fps would be. Thanks So i've got myself Arma 3 on this build , just want to say the game is awsome !!! Anyway i'm getting 30 fps with all setings except AA on verry high, and a resolution of 1080. If arma 3 runs at 30 fps i should be ok with dayz, shouldn't i? Cheers

You won't get the same performance in DayZ, partly because ArmA II isn't as well optimised and partly because of your CPU having a bit more to work to do with all the AI zombies running around. You will be able to run it on med-high settings with decent performance though.

You won't run DayZ 'well' on a laptop without spending ~£750+.

If you don't want to struggle with low FPS on low graphics settings or spend a fortune then I'd recommend a desktop machine.

Well it's not really possible for me to get a desktop as we already have to macs :/ 

So the laptop is the only realistic possibility. Would you be able to recommend me any laptops or any key features that are needed to run dayz well?? 

Thanks

Desktop
Monitor resolution:  1366 x 768
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4550
RAM: 2.6 GB
SSD? Yes ( I presume SSD is Standard Disk Drivers)

Thanks!

Btw, specs for DayZ standalone? (If its too much to ask, you can ignore this)

Edit*: No SSD.

Edited by TheChosenOne98

Desktop

Monitor resolution:  1366 x 768

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4550

RAM: 2.6 GB

SSD? Yes ( I presume SSD is Standard Disk Drivers)

Thanks!

Btw, specs for DayZ standalone? (If its too much to ask, you can ignore this)

Edit*: No SSD.

hue hue, SSDs are hard drives with no moving parts, everything is 'solid state'. 

And also, no sorry. Your CPU is very weak and that is a very old card, the game would hardly run at all.

No requirements for the SA yet, but don't be surprised if this build won't run it. I would imagine the requirements would be something like ArmA IIs.

Edited by dulix11

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/1L8nM

How will this fair against DayZ?

I'd like to get some decent FPS on high hopefully haha

Looks fine, should get you 30+ on high.

Hi

i've played Dayz like one year now and i'm getting 5-25fps on Dayz Origins so i'm going to upgrade my pc to play games like Dayz, BF4 and maybe Assassin's Creed 4. 

This is my current gaming rig.

GPU: Asus GTX660 2GB
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz
RAM: 4GB (can't remember what brand)
MotherBoard: Asus M4N75TD Xtreme Desing

I thought upgrade to this

GPU: Asus GTX660 2GB (Same)
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5 GHz LGA1150
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 1600 Mhz 8 GB X 2 (16GB)
MotherBoard: Gigabyte Z87P-D3 Intel Z87 LGA 1150 ATX

Will this gaming rig perform well in those games? especially Dayz.
and is it worth of buying (I will spend around 450€).
and also will this be balaced gaming rig like there isn't much bottlenecking

Looks pretty good to me. You've got a good set of base components there, so you're not bottlenecking yourself at all.

Can OC that i7 if you need the extra performance also, but I'd expect it will perform just fine.

Maybe look at updating your GPU as a next step!

edit; just realised you're going for 16gb RAM? That's pretty excessive. 8gb@ 1600mhz should do just fine, if you wanted to allocate the saved money elsewhere!

Edited by mzltv

One does not simply "Upgrade" to play DayZ

• Like 1

What do you guys think of this?

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz Quad-Core

MSI B85 MOBO

G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB

Seagate 1TB HDD

GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB 

CoolerMaster 600W PSU

Windows 7 Ultimate

All for about $685.

I know the GPU will need upgrading eventually, but for now I think I've got a system worth the cash. How well you think she'll do with DayZ?

Edited by Mrxbath

I bought new Parts for my Pc can it Run dayZ ?

Screen Resolution : 1680x1050
CPU : Intel I5 4570S 2,9 - 3,6 GHz Quadcore

Graphic Card :  Ati (Powercolor) Radeon HD 5750 1024mb GDDR 5
RAM : (FOR NOW) 8 GB 1333MHz DDR 3
SSD : At the moment no but later Yes !

Edited by .Phoenix-